how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file

how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file
since the file is very big!!
0
Joe (497)

joe wrote:

> how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file
> since the file is very big!!

You can read through the XML document with an Xml(Text)Reader, that is
forward only pull parsing where your code only pulls in the current node.
The documentation is here
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlTextReaderClassTopic.asp>
for .NET 1.x and here
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlreader(VS.80).aspx>
for .NET 2.0.
--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

isv.config file
We have altered the isv.config file to show additional tabs and buttons in the CRM forms. These tabs and buttons show and work fine in the web client but are not available to the sales for outlook client. They do not show in Outlook. Should this customisation show in the sales for outlook client? Thanks, Brett if you look in your _resources directory under wwwroot on the crm web server you will see a file called OutlookClient_sample.xml you use this file for the outlook client config file. so you duplicate anything in isv.config to this file and call it i think OutlookClient.config -- ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Find byte pattern in file (still desperate for solution)
I'm still desperately looking for a solution to this question. I need a very intelligent way to find an array of bytes within a file, but not only that preferably a regex expression of sorts. For example my database has around 50,000 regex entries such as "FFFF.*BB0403.*FF" that I want to turn into a byte array then search for. I understand how to go about writing my own code for this, however it is a little over my head when we're dealing with searching so many patterns against many files while trying to be speedy about the operation. Does anyone have any g...

How to copy iPhone SMS to TXT file on computer?
[url=http://www.backup-iphone-sms.com/how-to-copy-iphone-sms-to-txt-file.html][b]How to copy iPhone SMS to TXT file with iPhone SMS Backup software on computer?[/b][/url]What is .txt file: .txt is a filename extension for files consisting of text usually contain very little formatting (ex: no bolding or italics). Files with the .txt extension can easily be read or opened by any program that reads text and, for that reason, are considered universal (or platform independent).With Tansee iPhone Transfer SMS, you can [b]backup iPhone SMS to PC as a txt[/b] file and keep them safe. [b]Guide of how ...

Renaming Files
I have a great number of files labeled with a first name followed by a last name and a date. I need to switch the file names and save them as Last Name First Name followed by the date? Any suggestion on how to do this? Is there a character which separates the names, like space or underscore? Maybe.... If your file names are 3 parts each separated by a space: John Smith 12022005.xls Something like this might work: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim NewFileName As String Dim iCtr As Long Dim lCtr As Long Dim myName A...

Macro to run without any popups
I am a newbie but thought someone in this group could assist Trying to accomplish the following: Search for all ^p and replace them with ^| (soft return) and then find the following text =93please call with questions=94 and put that in bold anywhere in the sentence. However I am able to do the soft return with a macro but I don=92t want any popups to happen when I run the macro. Is that possible? Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oRng As Word.Range Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Content With oRng.Find .Text = "^p" .Replacement.Text = "^l" .Execute Replace:=wdRep...

Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List
I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename". Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend hours on this otherwise! Thank you, Arielle -- mirdonamy ------------------------------...

XML Serialization and CDATA
Hi... I am trying to Serialize a class using XmlSerializer. The problem is, I have a property in which I store HTML data, and I want to include id in the XML as a CDATA node. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance John Pouliezos wrote: > I am trying to Serialize a class using XmlSerializer. The problem is, I > have a property in which I store HTML data, and I want to include id in > the XML as a CDATA node. Any suggestions? The easiest way is to pass resulting XML via the following XSLT: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="...

Export Excel file to SQL
I'm currently doing a project where it require client to export excel spreadsheets to SQL. the application that is using the excel spreadsheet exported is a web-based application. Is it possible to do that? Any suggestion or recommendation is greatly appreciated. thank you Go to Enterprise Manager. Browse to your database in the left pane (object browser). Right click your database. All Tasks --> Import Data. Next. Set your datasource to Microsoft Excel 97-2000 or whichever Excel version you have. Click the ... button next to the File Name text box and browse to your Excel sheet. M...

Importing a CSV file
I want to import a file into physical inventory. Here is what I do: 1) Run a Quantity report(I don't think the report really matters) 2) I put it in alphabetical order, then I export it using RMS Manager into a ..CSV file 3) I go into Inventory > Physical Inventory, and I click on New and Manuel Entry 4) I import the file...it works just fine!!! BUT If you in any way alter the .CSV file, and save it again, in the same format Steps 1 - 4 won't work...WHY WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG??? -- Thank You Vince :) The problem might be the Item Lookup Codes are being modified by ...

Theme Files
I am attempting to make a theme file that will work on any computer that I want it to. So far I have made it work on my computer. When opened on other computers it only does some of what I want it to do. Anything anyone could suggest would be great. Themes are not part of Access, they are part of Windows. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Nathan Ri...

Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop
ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. ty Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but > when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my > desktop named "~". ...

Cannot find network neigberhood for XP?
I am using XP with SP3, and cannot find my netowork neigberhood, which disappear on my desktop, does anyone have any suggestions on how to locate it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BDA67E4-7E39-42C2-B8C5-0220D1146A98@microsoft.com... >I am using XP with SP3, and cannot find my netowork neigberhood, which > disappear on my desktop, does anyone have any suggestions on how to locate > it? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Right-click on your desktop, pick Prope...

Excel 2003, Opening a file
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark I suggest putting a shortcut to the file(s) or to the buried folder that your file(s) are in. The shortcut could be on your desktop or in some folder close to the "surface". To create the shortcut or your desktop you can navigate to the desired folder (using My Computer), right click and drag the folder to your desktop. When you release respond that you want to create a shortcut (rather than moving or copying...

Deleting Files
Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file entirely; can find no way to do it. I would appreciate any help in that area. TY -- HerbFry Go find the file and delete it. I'm probably missing something here like what "can find no way to do it" means. How do you delete Word files? Excel files? Notepad files? "HerbFry" <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A841D96-66F5-4734-84A8-F5634FC09272@microsoft.com... > Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that > file > entirely...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

Database File Size
Hello All, A quick question regarding the Database size: We had an old Access database file protected by Security Wizard, We created a new database file and import everything from the old file, however the size is not exactly the same, the new database file is way smaller than the old one. Does that mean any data lost in the import process? Or is there any other reason such as we used the Security Wizard on the old one not the new one so that overhead was added...anyone could explain this? Also is there a way to compare the two database file to see if they are the same or not? Thanks a lot!...

using find and replace it's making me look in another file to upd
I have used the find and replace function several times in the spreadsheet to update the fromulas monthly. For some reason when I use it this month it wants me to look in another file to "update values"? There is not another file and there is no way for me to use the find and replace. ...

Passing node-sets as parameters?
I essentially need a countif() function for xsl. Something to where I could do countif(node-set, condition). Rather than try to get too extreme, i decided to just write one for my countif() with the condition hardcoded. (this was also my first venture into creating "functions") Pseudo-code is essentially this: Look at the current node and check the condition. If the condition is true, call our function again with an incremented count. If false, call function with the same value. Once we reach the end of the node set, return the counter variable. The whole time we're passin...

Auto Complete phases
In Outlook 2002, is there the feature set up auto complete phrases. For instance, get outlook to suggest that when I type "how is", outlook suggests I may be typing the predefined phrase "how is it going" Thanks no, outlook doesn't support that. You can use word as the editor and use autotext to insert phrases. "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45de01c3e465$7dbec530$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2002, is there the feature set up auto > complete phrases. For instance, get outlook to suggest > that whe...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jtjordan_design" <jtjordan_design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BBA993D-09AE-4BE5-BEFC-0A06705A16D0@microsoft.com... > After desi...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...