how to decode iso-8859-1

I have this kind of string,

dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une"

i know the kind of encoding, here I have iso-8859-1

dim charset as string ="iso-8859-1"

how to decode it with a component of the .NET Framework?

thanks
steve

0
steve2238 (2)

Encoding e = Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-1");
e.GetChars(byte[] buffer...);

"steve mettraux" <steve@mettraux.com> wrote in message
> I have this kind of string,
>
> dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une"
>
> i know the kind of encoding, here I have iso-8859-1
>
> dim charset as string ="iso-8859-1"
>
> how to decode it with a component of the .NET Framework?
>
> thanks
> steve

0
Chris
12/2/2003 5:25:44 AM
It's seems not working, it brings back exactly the same string.
The result should be : "� ton essai d'�tablir une"

"Chris Lovett" <chris@!nospam!.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Encoding e = Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-1");
> e.GetChars(byte[] buffer...);
>

> "steve mettraux" <steve@mettraux.com> wrote in message
> > I have this kind of string,
> >
> > dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une"
> >
> > i know the kind of encoding, here I have iso-8859-1
> >
> > dim charset as string ="iso-8859-1"
> >
> > how to decode it with a component of the .NET Framework?
> >
> > thanks
> > steve

0
steve2238 (2)
12/2/2003 9:53:57 AM
steve mettraux wrote:

> It's seems not working, it brings back exactly the same string.
> The result should be : "� ton essai d'�tablir une"

>>>dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une"

Actually above seems like quoted printable encoded text, not just
iso-8859-1 encoded one.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
XML Insider

0
Oleg

Sharepoint Webparts for MSCRM 1.2
Howdy, Are there, or will there be, Sharepoint webparts available for MS CRM 1.2? TIA Not from Microsoft. However nothing stopping you writing your own... "Lance Osojnicki" <lanceo@cox.net> wrote in message news:ekTiYdlwDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Howdy, > > Are there, or will there be, Sharepoint webparts available for MS CRM 1.2? > > > TIA > > ...

Spb Finance 2.1 for Pocket PC #2
Spb Finance was released for pocket pc. Some of the fixes for this program is that it is compatible with money 2006. The good thing is that it works and sync's well with money 2006. I own a axim x50v and I have had no trouble syncing with money 2006 so far with the newley released software today. Hope this helps for Pocket PC users. Kaine260 ( Helping out the money 2006 and below community ) Here is the link to download it. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en ...

scientific notation to display 1.8 x 10-5 in Excel
Can Excel display scientiic notation as, say 3.00 x 10-12 as opposed to the number 3.00E-12? How about a helper cell: =SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(A1,"0.00E+00"),"E"," x 10") And you can use the original cell for calculations. feloniousmoney wrote: > > Can Excel display scientiic notation as, say 3.00 x 10-12 as opposed to the > number 3.00E-12? -- Dave Peterson ...

Problem installing MSCRM 1.2
I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2. I am trying to use the Adventure Works Cycle option. My configuration consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2003 Server Std. I am trying to install MSCRM on a member of the domain running Windows 2000 Server SP4. There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated with AD, and a SQL Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine. The install errors out when it is configuring ASP.NET with the message: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create the root business. I ...

Print 1 page
Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP Having just migrated to Outlook 2007, I am still looking for some of the features. What I cannot seem to find is how to print just "page 1" or "selected text" from an open email. The only option I seem to have is to "print" which gives me the entire email. Sometimes that's more than I really need. I only need page 1. Anyone know where that option is hiding?? "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eW8chxKgJHA.564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP > > Hav...

Reset Level 1 Security
Security settings on Outlook 2002 make it impossible to send or recieve dot-url files. dot-url is included in the list of Level 1 security. How can I change that. so I can send and recieve URLs? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using Tools | Options | Sec...

How to transfer info from OutLook 2003 from 1 computer to A other
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I want to use.? H2O "H20" <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7294E8-183A-4D89-879E-702FCCA7D4CA@microsoft.com... > How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a > other > computer Out Look 2003 that I want to use.? > > H2O > > take a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Ho...

using 1 alias with 2 different accounts
I have a need to associate an alias "info@domain.com" with 2 different exchange/AD accounts. They only way I know to accomplish this to create an AD account for the alias, and then set up a forward rule to the accounts that need the email. Is there an easier way? "cmyar" <cmyar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EEF2E5F-85D0-4E8B-8961-EC824131F395@microsoft.com... > I have a need to associate an alias "info@domain.com" with 2 different > exchange/AD accounts. They only way I know to accomplish this to create an > AD account for...

CRM 1.2
Is it possible in CRM 1.2 to do one of the following when an account is created 1. create a new case 2. run a process created under Cases ? ...

Crm 3.0 importing from crm 1.2
I had to reload my SBS2003 Prem. server after hhd crash and loaded aswell sql 2005 rather than sql2000. Got crm 3.0 loaded as a fresh copy on the sql2005 std, Now I need to import the backup data bases data into the crm 3.0 from crm 1.2 backup. I have managed to restore the old crm 1.2 database onto the same server under a diffrent database name and also the metabase. How can I now import the data from the restored database into the crm 3.0 , is there any way to keep all the case and the customization form the crm 1.2 ? Thank you for your reply, i know there must be a way buy just not ...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

PivotChart, 2 primary, 1 secondary axis
Hi there, I am trying to get 2 sets of data to appear on the primary axis as an area chart, and one set of data to appear on the secondary axis as a line chart. Is this possible? I can do 1 and 1, but I really need 2 and 1 to show all the information needed. thx ...

Web Service call times out under IIS 5.1
I have code which makes web service calls from within one web application to a web service. Under Visual Studio 2005 (it's .NET 2.0) development server and on 2003 Server / IIS 6 this works fine. Recently (probably sometime in the last month) this has stopped working under IIS 5.1 for no obvious reason. We suspect it may be related to some recent security update but have not yet managed to identify what is going on. An example call looks something like this: try { TestWS.localhost.Service1 oSvc = new TestWS.localhost.Service1(); stri...

Accumulated amount from record 1 to record 2 then to 3 etc.
I have multiple records that can have a grand total of 100 in field a. I only want the records starting with record 1 (being the most current date) that will equal around 50 (what is my cap) and delete the other records. How can I do this in a query not in reports? In design view grid below your date field and in Sort row put Descending. Then in the icon bar click in the icon that says 'All' in black letters with white background and a pull-down on the right and enter the number of records you want. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Antique_Grandma" ...

ascending page numbers for 300 page printout of 1 page?
i have one page i have to print in excel but i need to print 300 copie and each page needs an ascending number from the previous page. i.e. the first page should say 1, the second 2, etc. is there any way to do this without making 300 copy and pastes of th same sheet for the numbering -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Where do you want the copy number to be printed? If in a header, put something like this in the ThisWorkbook code module of your workbook: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim vResult As Variant Dim i As Long C...

Creating Templates
Please could you help. I wish to create a simple re- usable template within Outlook that can be easily brought onto the screen and is ideal for capturing meeting minutes. How do I do this? Appreciate your help. DAS You might want to take a look at some of the custom form samples listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm -- there's a Meeting Agenda form listed there; perhaps it will give you a starting point. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the ...

Windows6.1-KB917607 Help file 86.msu or 64.msu?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to download WinHlp32.exe for Office from the MS web site. I've validated and jumped through the hoops, but as is so often the case Microsoft has left me hanging. See, there is no link to download WinHlp32.exe as such, only to a choice of two: Windows6.1-KB917607 - 64.msu or Windows6.1-KB917607 - 86.msu. It says to download the version most suitable, but doesn't tell you how to tell. It tells you how to identify whether you have a 32bit or 64bit version of W7, which I know anyway, but how does that relate to a 64.msu/86.msu choice...

Calendar used to plan meeings won't work after Aug 1?
When I am planning a meeting and add the people to my schedule tab I can see their schedules to assist in planning meetings....as it should be. The problem is that I can only see their schedules up to Aug 1. For a month now all schedules after Aug 1 turn to the slash lines indicating no calendar info. This is for everyone in the office...not just a few. This also happens from all computers in our office when viewing other's calendars...nothing after Aug. 1. Our IT guys have been trying to figure this out but haven't been successful. Any ideas? Thanks ...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool
NewsMaestro 3.7.5 has been released. It includes support for Windows/Linux/Unix. All the class files are provided. Linux version has been verified with Sun's JVM. On Windows, it runs under both Microsoft and Sun JVM. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFSs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed from/to archives. New features and bug fixes: Source code is included. Version 3.7.5 * Fixed a bug introduced ...

Using 1 Stencil in a network
How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people can open it at once? I think I need the file set in some kind of locked mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this. Thank you very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix. For others anyway :) Chris To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save button to reveal the ReadOnly option. You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with: Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils but ... network paths can be slow However, you could bui...

How to make "X" have the value of 1?
In an excel spreadsheet, how can I make "x" have the value of 1 so the column is totaled automatically? =COUNTIF(E4:E8,"x") will count the number of "x"s - make sure to use your range that you want to count the "x"s over (E4:E8 is just an example of a range) -- Wag more, bark less "lettbonn" wrote: > In an excel spreadsheet, how can I make "x" have the value of 1 so the column > is totaled automatically? ...

Update rollup 1 ready for CRM 4.0 YES !
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57c6267b-3b13-49dd-bfed-3cc83633aea7&DisplayLang=en Any experiences with this update would be great. /Jack Yes - we get an error when installing. Action Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.DBRemoveAction failed. Invalid object name 'demo_jody_MSCRM..BuildVersion'. Anyone run into this??? Al "CRM consultant" wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57c6267b-3b13-49dd-bfed-3cc83633aea7&DisplayLang=en > > Any experiences with this update would be great. > > /Jack > ...

how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible?
how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it possible? "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23g11DbDOGHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > how to parse <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> with xpath? is it > possible? No -- the xml declaration is not represented in the XML Infoset. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

multiple emails sent when only 1 is intended.
My email recipients report receiving 20 emails when I only send 1 to them. Outlook 2003 is my system. This happens more often if I am sending attachments. Please advise. best regards, Brian Maddox I am having the same trouble but have not been able to find any information about how to resolve this problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but like Brian, more often when I am sending attachments. ...

HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable after logging into OWA
I could use some urgent help with a problem I'm facing. My company is currently running Exchange Server 2003. We have one OWA front-end server configured for our entire global company. We have multiple OWA sites on this server to service all locations that current hold an Exchange Server. So we have an OWA site for AMER, UK, Ireland, and KL. Currently all OWA sites are working fine, except for our KL OWA site. Users in this domain can browse to the logon page just fine, but after authentication the page then displays HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable rather then taking them to t...