How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?

"DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class
> library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special
> project type that I need to start with?

You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project" in
Visual Studio if you have the required version (not sure what that is
though).
The advantage of this project type is that you only get the assemblies
installed on SQL Server in the Add Reference dialogue and the deployment is
easy, just right-click the project to deploy to SQL. You also get the
special SQL Server code attributes when you add a class etc.

--

Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)

http://joe.fawcett.name

DR wrote:
> How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class
> library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special
> project type that I need to start with?

  No, it's just plain DLL. Note though that I can't reference anything
you want, because SQL Server only allows to reference "tested" .NET
assemblies (even from System namespace). Particularly your assembly
cannot reference System.Web.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCPD]
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog | http://www.XmlLab.Net

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Matching transactions in 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching it to the one that I created. In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match", or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005. How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it matters, and my register view ...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

get a result of an sql into a field

I need a macro

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

How to create an autonumber field?

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...