How to connect to remote server and access the tables

I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's
IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me
username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the
SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do
this.

Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to
it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)?

I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance

If you connect just to a web services then you need to know what they return
to you when you call the methods. If the webservices access a SQL database
behind you may get a DataSet or a DataTable or it could be a proprietary
object the developers implemented.

"XML newbie: Urgent pls help!" wrote:
> I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's
> IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me
> username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the
> SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do
> this.
>
> Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to
> it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)?
>
> I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance
0
DanielP (2)

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

Problem in Setting up CRM server
Hi We are trying to install CRM server. but we getting following error message and we don't know the reason for this. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2. Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchron...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

server information
i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details can somone help please ? "wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com... >i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details > can somone help please ? Who is your mail provider and or ISP? Give us the error message generated when sending fails. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ It isn't clear to me wh...

Carry on with Windows Server install
I am starting to like the 2008 server series. Question about the REmote Desktop : How does the licensing work? We might need 2 additional clients. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 Born 29 Jan 1969 Redhill,Surrey,England UK Hello The, There is no change as before, as far as i know, 2 administrative connections and if you need more you have to buy TS CALs and install a TS licensing ser...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Linux Server
hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my > web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to > uploa...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

pivot table subtotals
I'm stuck trying to develop subtotals in a pivot table. I hav successfully placed Sums of the individual elements, but I'd like "Subtotal" line for specific types of elements i.e.: 1/22 1/23 1/24 Group1 Apples Oranges Pears Group1 Sum Group2 Corn Carrots Beans Group2 Sum Grand Total All of thee above rows/lines calculate just fine except the GroupX Su lines? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get subtotals to wor correctly? Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Double-click on the field button at the top of the Group column. Un...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Pop Imap NNTP ETC Servers Won't Start
I open system manager, goto pop server, right click and click on start. After a few minutes I get a message did not respond in a timely fashion and to look at event viewer for information. There is nothing there. When I go to tools then status I find that my service group says critical n, which indicates to me that something is not running. How do I trouble shoot this? Rejean Proulx Visit my family at http://interfree.ca MSN is: rejean@interfree.ca Ham License VA3REJ Have you modified the service start state from disabled to manual or automatic? Nue "Rejean Proulx" <r...

Counting Blank Cells in Pivot Table
How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts everything that had data (A, B, C, D, etc...) but does not count the blank cells. Thank you, Jack As answered in microsoft.public.excel.charting: To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Jack wrote: > How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well > as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts > everythi...