How to connect to remote server and access the tables

I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's
IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me
username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the
SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do
this.

Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to
it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)?

I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance

If you connect just to a web services then you need to know what they return
to you when you call the methods. If the webservices access a SQL database
behind you may get a DataSet or a DataTable or it could be a proprietary
object the developers implemented.

"XML newbie: Urgent pls help!" wrote:
> I am working on Vb.Net application. I have to connect to remote server(it's
> IP address)(this server is not on my network). This company has provide me
> username, companyname and password. Once, I get connected, I get the
> SessionID. Now, I need to download some of the tables from here. How do I do
> this.
>
> Pls note, this company has some web services. If I create a reference to
> it's web services, how do I access it's database(tables)?
>
> I appreciate your quick response and thanku in advance
0
DanielP (2)

Sequencing Weekdays in Pivot tables
I have a set of employee data that records employee timecode & hours fo each day. I can create a pivot table to view absenteesim data (identifiable by a 'hours code'. The hours are accumulated into weekday buckets as follows.. Pivot table layout Hrs Code -- Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun SIC 8 DAY 8 DAY 8 SIC 8 ...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

Dynamic Table Should Always Maintain Borders When Data Is Updated
Dynamic Table Should Always Maintain Borders An Alignment When Data Is Updated Included in the Cases in Which The Updated Cells Were Previously Formatted And Customized By The User ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/communi...

How to write to the registry in Vista from Access
Hi... This is my first post and I want to know if there is somewhere a code to write to the registry. I have one from someone in the past but I try to use it on Windows Vista and instead of putting the key in the local machine/software it is adding to some virtual folder. Does anyone knows why??? Thanks... This is not really an Access question, but a Vista one. My best guess though is that you need administrative privileges to write to the registry, and Vista by default does not let anyway have those privileges without specifically logging in that way. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ht...

Server Timeouts
How can I extend server timeouts in Outlook 2003 and XP. It used to be in 2002 Tools/Accounts/Profiles/Advanced tab. I want to go beyond 1 minute for far away users. Lem ...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Save as in Access 2002
I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message news:002301c3c0de$09859d10$a50...

How to combine two identically structured tables to query them
Hi, I am sure there is a way that you can have a query that effectively takes two separate tables that have the identical column layout and add them together and then perofrm a query on the combined set of data. I just can't remember how to do it. My reason for need in this is that I have a table called "SellerNumbers" that has 4 million rows of data in it and what I want to do to improve performance is archive the oldest 2 years worth of data to an identical table called "SellerNumbersArchive", however the users want to be able to occasionaly run quer...

Advanced find
In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account has ordered. The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available as output entities. Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

Accessing Money reconciled statements?
Is there any way to access past reconciled statements? For some reason, when I went to reconcile it says that my starting balance doesn't match my ending balance from the last statement. I thought I would find the last statement and enter that ending balance as my starting. Not as easy as I thought. Thanks in advance. You won't be able to do that - if the ending balance is modified, you're just shifting the problem back. You'll need to find where you have either deleted a reconciled transaction, or unreconciled a previously reconciled transaction and make an appropri...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

Pivot table #11
I asked this yesterday but I am having difficulty getting to my original post. Page 1 of this news group keeps brining me to feb 17th.... anyways this is what i asked yesterday: Is there a way I can set up a pivot table with sub categories? i.e. Type of Contact is my heading and under it I have 4 categories (phone, walk-in, etc...) Thanks. A. I got this reply: If you add Type of Contact to the row area, you should see all of the categories. Can you describe the fields in your data table, and how you'd like them to appear in the pivot table? My answer to this is: I would like...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

CRM4
Hi, On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my default organization. The message error is the following : "Caller does not have enough privilege to set CallerOriginToken to the specified value". I didn't find anything on the Web... Does anyone have an idea ? Fabien Majurel I have the same problem, I am going to reinstall and see if that helps Mike "Fabien Majurel" wrote: > Hi, > > On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my > default organization. The message error is the following...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

Has anyone linked MS Access and MS Money?
Greetings. I have a registration database for a school that uses MS Access. Our book keeper uses Quicken, so that all the student names, addresses, etc. needs to be entered twice. I am thinking of migrating the financial records to MS Money, so that we can do some VBA programming or the like to send student data from Access to Money. Does anyone know if this can be done, or have any experience doing this sort of thing? Thanks! Gary See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 in specific and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=3 in general. "GaryDave" <garydave@hotmail.com> w...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Connecting tables
Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can connect text frames for overfill. kpappano wrote: > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > connect text frames for overfill. Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Is there any other way I can do it? Any suggestions? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > kpappano wrote: > > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > > connect text frames for overfill. > > Nope. > > -- > E...

Default email server
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am changing from cable broadband to ADSL2. Internet and email from my new address are working fine but I cannot get mail from my old address to forward through the new server. It appears that the old setting has a default to the old server that I cannot over ride. The sending mail setting in the old account has been changed to the new setting. Anything that I also need to do? Thanks in anticipation On 2010-03-03 00:54:42 -0500, Gary_Lawrence@officeformac.com said: > I cannot get mai...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

2 exchange servers/2 different sites/1 domain
I have 2 sites, NY/MN, both need to use the same domain name for mail (pm.com), both will be in the same Active Directory forest, I want to have an Exchange server in both locations, the 2 sites are connected via VPN, the mx record for mail going to user@pm.com gets routed into the NY Exchange server, my question is, knowing they will each have a seperate server, running seperate databases, how will mail going to MNuser@pm.com get delivered to the mailboxes in MN? This is possible isn't it? Thanks-Dan Fox If both servers are in the same Exchange site, then the mail that is addre...