how to combine & split xml files with xslt?

How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml
file into multiple files using xslt?

Knighterrant wrote:
> How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml
> file into multiple files using xslt?

Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML
documents. Splitting is a bit harder. See "Producing Multiple Outputs
from an XSL Transformation" at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml06162003.asp

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD]
http://www.xmllab.net
Knighterrant wrote:
> How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml
> file into multiple files using xslt?

Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML
documents. Splitting is a bit harder. You can use EXSLT.NET for doing
that. See http://mvp-xml.sourceforge.net/exslt/#multiout

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD]
http://www.xmllab.net

MSXML to System.Xml Conversion Code
I have some code that I am converting from VB6 to C#. The VB code used the 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes' schema to allow the entry of strongly typed data via the nodeTypedValue properties on MSXML elements. In System.Xml I am seeing that nodeTypedValue ability is not present. Is it my responsibility to manage the conversion of the types wihtout automatic support from the .NET DOM model? Thanks, -- Brian R. Hi Brian, There is no equivalent to nodeTypedValue in System.Xml namespace. You have to manage the conversion. If you just want to valiadate typed value with...

Splitting information
Hi and question, There a formula that splits information in one cell into two cells. The reverse of CONCATENATE. Many thanks Sid --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Sid! You'll probably have to use a parsing formula of some kind eg. A1 Norman Harker B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) Returns: Norman C1 =RIGHT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) Returns: Harker You'll see that the main object will be to get a rule for determining the division between the two parts of the information. Also worth looking at will be: Data > Text to Columns -- Regards Norman H...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

[ANN] XMLmind FO Converter v4.0
XFC v4.0 has been released. This version is a major breakthrough as it brings support of Office Open XML (MS-Word 2007 native format) as alternate output format. As usual, Personal Edition is freely available from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/download.shtml>, and Professional Edition upgrade is available to eligible customers from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/upgrade.html>. Personal Edition users, please note that Personal Edition license terms have changed drastically compared with version 3.1. Except in a few special cases Personal Edition may no longer be used fo...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Xml validation against xsd #2

.net framework XSLT processor appears to be broken
I stumbled upon this while developing a custom XPathNavigator. It appears that copy action for attributes is broken in the .net framework XSLT processor. The intent was to just copy the entities and attributes from the source XML into the output using simple "identity" like XSLT: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"> <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/> <xsl:template match="/ | @* | node()"> <xsl:copy> <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node...

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Closing multiple files independantly
When I have 2 seperate excel files open...and I click on the red 'x' on the top right on one of the files...both files close. How can I get it to only close the 1 file I'm clicking on? Thanks, Frank. Hi Frank, Look just below the red X; the three symbols (miminize, restore and close) are repeated but in a simpler format. These control a workbook while the top one control the Excel application. If you ever want to close all the file but leave Excel open, hold down Shift and open the File menu - look for a new item "Close All". Bernard "Frank DAlessandro" ...

Tidying up Office Data Files
My Office Data files are in a mess. I have discovered that I have Outlook (approx 0.8GB) and Outlook1 (approx 0.8GB) Mailbox (32KB) and Archive (0.35GB). I created Archive some time ago but have not archived recently. I don't know why I have 2 Outlook files - possibly created when I transferred data to a new laptop a few weeks ago. I would like to re-combine everything into 1 file so that I can start again and set up a proper Archive system again. How can I do this without risking losing files or creating duplicates or triplicates. As you will note the files are very big! Any h...

Opening a a a file handle as a file pointer
Hi all I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so that I can use higher level operators like cin/cout and fprintf/fscanf. Can someone suggest me a solution? Obviously the process startup code converts the file descriptor is receives from parent for stdin,stdout and stderr. So there should be a function to do it. regards, Sudhakar "sudhakarg79" <sudhakarg79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF7527B-A036-48EF-B2FB-CA8985330D3E@microsoft.com... > > Hi all > > I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

What is File = 1
Hi, In my SQL Server 2008, I tried to restore some db. I searfed the internet and found some command like Restore MyDB FROM DISK = 'C:\BackUp\.bak' WITH file=1, RECOVERY I am wondering what the 'file = 1 is. Thanks for help. Jason In this context it is the first backup within the backup file. Unless you use INIT or FORMAT within the BACKUP command any new backups you do will add to the current file (if one exists). To choose between the backups within a file you use the FILE = integer clause. Fitz "Jason Huang" <JasonHuang8888@hotma...