how do you insert an element into an xml document with namespace

perfix?

<bac:BACnetDevice APDUTimeout='' ApplicationSoftwareVersion=''
FirmwareRevision='' InstanceNumber='3744' MaxAPDULengthAccepted=''
ModelName='' NumberOfAPDURetries='' ProtocolConformanceClass=''
ProtocolObjectTypesSupported='' ProtocolServicesSupported=''
ProtocolVersion='' SegmentationSupported='' VendorIdentifier='' VendorName=''
xmlns:bac='http://www.teletrol.com/BACnet'>
  <bac:BACnetPoints>
    <bac:baseAnalogInput EventState='0' InstanceNumber='3745'
ObjectName='Test_AI' ObjectType='0' OutOfService='0' PresentValue=''
StatusFlags='0' Units='95'>
      <Description />
      <BackwardReferences />
      <GeneralProperties Attr='0' InstanceNumber='3745' IsConfigured='0'
ObjectName='Test_AI' ObjectType='0' SchemaVer='1.4' TraceOptions=''>
        <Description />
      </GeneralProperties>
      <bac:ObjectIdentifier InstanceNumber='3745' ObjectType='0' />
    </bac:baseAnalogInput>
    <bac:baseAnalogOutput EventState='0' InstanceNumber='3746'
ObjectName='Test_AO' ObjectType='1' OutOfService='0' PresentValue=''
PriorityArray='' RelinquishDefault='' StatusFlags='0' Units='95'>
      <Description />
      <BackwardReferences />
      <GeneralProperties Attr='0' InstanceNumber='3746' IsConfigured='0'
ObjectName='Test_AO' ObjectType='1' SchemaVer='1.4' TraceOptions=''>
        <Description />
      </GeneralProperties>
      <bac:ObjectIdentifier InstanceNumber='3746' ObjectType='1' />
    </bac:baseAnalogOutput>
  </bac:BACnetPoints>
  <GeneralProperties Attr='1' InstanceNumber='3744' IsConfigured='0'
ObjectName='Building_1' ObjectType='8' SchemaVer='1.4' TraceOptions='0'>
    <Description />
  </GeneralProperties>
  <bac:ObjectIdentifier InstanceNumber='3744' ObjectType='8' />
</bac:BACnetDevice>

i need to insert another <bac:baseAnalogOutput></bac:baseAnalogOutput>
element into this xml document between <bac:BACnetPoints> and
</bac:BACnetPoints> i know how to do it with regular xml element but how does
it work with namespace perfix? i use VB.net with .Net DOM. any example is
much appericated.

thank you

0
dotnetnoob (31)

Information on the current document status
When I installed Office 2003, Word specifically, I could look to the bottom of the screen and it would show information on the current document that I was working on. It didn't matter whether it was a new one or an old that I was editing. I could look at the taskbar on the bottom and it would show document size (total number of pages), what page I was workiong on (ex. 3 of 33), and even specific details about the particular document I was working on. For some reason, its gone. I no longer have it there. I don't know what I did to make it go away, or how to get it back. ...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

Cell Reference to another excel document
Hi there, I'm trying to create a cell reference to another cell in another excel sheet, however the other excel sheet i am looking to update from is determined by a value in the current sheet. E.g. A B 1 20.04.04 27.04.04 2 ? ? I am looking to update the cells in Row 2 on my main sheet (above). The values i am looking to bring in can be found in Row 50 on the excel document named after the values in Row 1 e.g (the value for cell A2 can be found in row 50 of the Excel document named "20.04.04"). Is there any way to have on...

My Documents include Excel & Word
I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible, advisable or not advisable & how do I do this? -- Sadie Hi Sadie, Create 2 different folders like Excel and Word under My Documents and make these folders as default file locations. In Excel: Tools – Options – Default File Location. In Word: Tools – Options – File Locations – Documents. All your future files will by default go to these folders. Segregate your present files by clicking File Type in Windows Explorer and put into the appropriate folders. Regards, Jaleel "Sadie" wrote: &g...

insert hyperlink
After I insert a hyperlink and click on it, Internet Explorer always comes up as a fully maximized window. How can I control the size and position of the IE window? Thanks in advance -- Gary's Student ...

Canonicalized XML from XmlDocument?
How can I obtain the C14N canonicalized format of an XML document subtree? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm using the XmlDsigC14NTransform object to obtain the C14N canonicalized format. The output looks right, but I can't guarantee it... some xmlns attributes have been removed. An input document that I am validating indicates that it uses this transformation. Still, when I send the output of the transformation to the SHA1 hashing algorithm, ComputeHash yields a different DigestValue than the one on the input document. The input document is created using simple code for SignedX...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Inserting a period into a string
I'm having a braincramp. I want to count from the right 2 spaces and insert a "." so 12345 becomes 123.45 Also in the case where a dollar amount has dropped a zero i.e. 12.5 how do i add a trailing zero i.e. 12.50 thanks, Todd Let's assume the string is in a text field named: MyString of the a table named: Table1. Create a new query, put the following as its SQL. UPDATE Table1 SET Table1.MyString = IIf(Len([MyString])>2,Left([MyString],Len([MyString])-2) & "." & Right([MyString],2),"." & [MyString]); This SQL will add a "...

problems with document converted back to publisher 2000
I am trying to send a flyer that was created in publisher 2003 to a client - she requested that I convert it to Publisher 2000. I went in and saved it as a new document in the 2000 format, but when trying to email it as an attachment to her it stalls in my outbox and will not send. Any ideas? Lynette The file is probably too big. Try sending it thru yousendit.com. It's a free service. Warn her about the size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lyn11vw" <Lyn11vw@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Error on 'Insert Template'-email if Regarding field has a < charac
Hi, In CRM 4.0 in my Email Activity when I click on 'Insert Template', it shows unhandled exception whenever the regarding field value of Email contains a '<' (less than) charater. However it works correctly when this character is removed from Regarding field. Has anyone faced this problem ? ...

how do i delete a file from recent documents file in excel
can anyone help how do i delete a heading from recent documents file i have deleted figures from actual page but cannot get heading to go iknow how to do with xp but not with vista many thanks XP and Vista are MS Operating Systems. This is an MS Office Excel news group. Are you sure you want to be here? If you mean the recently used file list in Excel 2007 Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display Change Show recent documents list to 0 and OK All recent documents are gone. Go back in and change back to whatever you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:...

XslCompiledTransform Load method getting "Root element is missing" XSL Compile error...???
XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); ASCIIEncoding encodeToByteArray = new ASCIIEncoding(); MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream outputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream xslStream = new MemoryStream(); String inputString = "<foo>Hello XSL</foo>"; byte[] inputArray = encodeToByteArray.GetBytes(inputString); //write the string buffer to the stream inputStream.Write(inputArray, 0, inputString.Length); Str...

Why is there a red exclamation point on my word document icons?
All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons. Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my word document icons? On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:19:02 -0800, roadtrpn <roadtrpn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons. >Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my >word document icons? That isn't something Word does. Do you use an online backup service, such as Mozy? If so, that icon could mark files that ...

Using report function for creating quote documents?!
Hi, we would like to generate quote documents (e.g. Word) directly in CRM, containing data such as project name, ID etc. Is this generally possible with the report function, provided that I have to create an user-defined report? When creating a report, does the system automatically save the document in CRM or do I have to upload it manually? Thank you!! CRM uses SQL Reporting Services. You will need to create a custom report in Visual Studio using the SQL RS add-in. Check out the CRM SDK. It has a section on Report Writing. You can also export data from CRM into Excel and create an ad h...

I want to get XML format of Visio database design is it possible?
Is there any possibilities to get the XML format of visio Database Design. I am looking for your reply... Balakumaran Software Engineer Sybrant Technologies Pvt.Ltd ...

Can't save the container's ole document
I am writing an ole container. When I paste a ole object first, it can save the document correctly. But when I open the saved document, modifyd it, save it, then it fails. Does anyone know it? ...

Deleting an element of set
Hi all, need some help here... I've declared two classes: class CTTreeNode //transaction tree node { public: CTTreeNode(); CTTreeNode(int s, CTTreeNode *p); ~CTTreeNode(); int id; int count; set<CTTreeNode> *children; CTTreeNode *parent; bool operator< (const CTTreeNode &tn) const {return id < tn.id;} }; class CTTree { public: CTTree(); virtual ~CTTree(); void processTransaction(Transaction *t); set<CTTreeNode> *root; void print(FILE *out); void printRecur(set<CTTreeNode>::iterator it, FILE* out); void eraseNode(set<CTTreeNode...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Why do I get an error Document not Saved in Excel?
I am trying to save a worksheet In Excel that I have used and saved several times before. I am now getting the message in a pop up stating that the Document was not Saved. Has anyone had this error pop up and how do I get this fixed so that I can save all of my changes? ...

I can't see my document
My screen is grey but if I go to print preview I can see the full document. If you can see it in print preview, it sounds like it's just off the visible window in excel. Window|arrange|tiled and resize manually Patti wrote: > > My screen is grey but if I go to print preview I can see the full document. -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

The active schema does not support the element 'xml'
I am trying to insert an xml data island into a htm file that I am using for a help file. When I insert the lines of xml, the <xml> tag is underlined in red in VS2003 and the message says "The active schema does not support the element 'xml'. the html is as follows <HTML xmlns:MSHelp="http://msdn.microsoft.com/mshelp"> <HEAD> <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="HTML 4.0"> <TITLE>Setting Options</TITLE> <xml><MSHelp:Keyword Index="K" Term="Random" /> <MSHelp:Keyword In...

insert file size into a table
I have the following module which reads all the names of a specified folder into a table. I would like to also get the file size of those files into a new column in my table. So far I found the filelen function, but I don't know where to put the command in the module and how to get the module to insert the size in the same table as the filenames. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Here's the module I'm using: Option Compare Database Function LocateFile(strFileName As String) Dim vItem As Variant Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strsourcefilepath As String Dim Mysize strsour...

New ti xml database
I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and vb.net 2003. I have accessed SQL files before. What is best. 1. Access the XML file directly? 2. Somehow import it into MSSQL 2000 3. Is there a better way. The file is publically available via internet. It must be updated periodically and accessed. Any Good advice will be greatly appreciated. jwc *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Jim Bob wrote: > I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. > > I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and...