HELP!! Placeholder text for XML

Hi guyz,
    How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all
empty elements? I'm using c#.

Thanks in advance.

0
chinimimita

chinimimita wrote:

>     How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all
> empty elements? I'm using c#.

Well where do you want to show a placeholder text for empty elements?
How are you parsing the XML (XmlTextReader, XmlDocument, XPathDocument),
what kind of output are you generating where you want placeholder text?

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks Martin!

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message

> chinimimita wrote:
>
>>     How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for
>> all empty elements? I'm using c#.
>
> Well where do you want to show a placeholder text for empty elements? How
> are you parsing the XML (XmlTextReader, XmlDocument, XPathDocument), what
> kind of output are you generating where you want placeholder text?
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

0
chinimimita

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

Leading and trailing spaces trimmed with SQL XML
Hi, I am inserting data into a table using xml bulk insert. One of the field is of string type and contains data with leading and trailing spaces. But on insert the spaces automatically trimmed off. Can you please tell me how to avoid this trimming of spaces, as i have to insert data using xml. EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @hDoc OUTPUT, @InsertLines INSERT INTO tblLine WITH (TABLOCKX) ([Text]) SELECT [Text] FROM OPENXML (@hDoc, '/Lines/Line', 1) WITH ([Text] nvarchar(max)) EXEC sp_xml_removedocument @hDoc Thank you Frank bad_clone (bad_clone@hotmail.com) writes: ...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Need HELP! for Linking data

parameter for text

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...