Have a display "Paging" through an XML file.

Via an ASPX (and code behind) in .net 2.0 I want to be able to "page" though
and display the contents of an xml file. So if there are 100 elements, I can
display "page 1 of 4" and list 25 elements per page.

How can I do this?

Below is the code used to display the XML file

// Create XmlDocument and load the XML from file
string FilterValue = "Autos";
XmlDocument XmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
XmlDoc.Load(new XmlTextReader(XMLFILE));

//Create the XsltArgumentList to be passed to the xslt doc
XsltArgumentList xslArg = new XsltArgumentList();
//Category will be passed as an argument to the xslt
xslArg.AddParam("catname", "", FilterValue);

// Create XsltDocument and load the Xslt from file
XslCompiledTransform XslDoc = new XslCompiledTransform();
XslDoc.Load(CoolsavingsWebSettings.CouponCabinHomePageXSLT);
//Transform the xml document by applying the necessary xslt
//The transformed result will be written out to a stringwriter
XslDoc.Transform(XmlDoc,xslArg, sw);
Display.Text = sw.ToString();

Thank you.

0
siudp (1)

Have a display "Paging" through an XML file.
Via an ASPX (and code behind) in .net 2.0 I want to be able to "page" though and display the contents of an xml file. So if there are 100 elements, I can display "page 1 of 4" and list 25 elements per page. How can I do this? Below is the code used to display the XML file // Create XmlDocument and load the XML from file string FilterValue = "Autos"; XmlDocument XmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlDoc.Load(new XmlTextReader(XMLFILE)); //Create the XsltArgumentList to be passed to the xslt doc XsltArgumentList xslArg = new XsltArgumentList(...

Paging in sql 2000(Query Help)
Hi, I have to select record on the basis of page number and page size from Database. I am working on SQL server 2000. In select query sorting and searching included. Please help me. Thanks, Hemant On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:56:05 +0530, "Hemant" <Hemant@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have to select record on the basis of page number and page size from >Database. >I am working on SQL server 2000. >In select query sorting and searching included. > >Please help me. > >Thanks, >Hemant > Okay, you could try this....

Free ASP.NET MVC paging component
I wrote a free asp.net mvc paging component (should it be called "control"?) called MvcPager, it supports 3 paging mode:standard url paging,default Ajax paging and jQuery Ajax paging. The paging implementation was inspired by Scottgu's PagedList<T> idea. You can view online demo and download it from http://en.webdiyer.com in case you're interested for this component! Hope you can find it's helpful! ...

Paging BruceM
Hi Bruce, I'm Eric Sassaman from the Microsoft MVP program. I'd like to request you contact me about an MVP award nomination. You can reach me at ericsa@online.microsoft.com (remove "online") for more info. Thanks! -Eric ...

paging logic
Im building a manualy paging. And I got a problem that im trying to solve for a long time. I do have: int pageCount; int pageIndex; And: <asp:LinkButton ID="lnk1" runat="server" OnClick="LinkButton_OnClick" /> <asp:LinkButton ID="lnk2" runat="server" OnClick="LinkButton_OnClick" /> <asp:LinkButton ID="lnk3" runat="server" OnClick="LinkButton_OnClick" /> <asp:LinkButton ID="lnk4" runat="server" OnClick="LinkButton_OnClick" /> <...

Paging through Exchange Server 2000
I am trying to set up an account that will be paged through Exchange Server 2000 once the email is sent to the pager but the signal is not going through. I do not get any returns through my inbox. Is there other options to set this up? Did the same thing here. We have a UPS and we want it to page or call someone. I had to allow relay to the ipaddress of the UPS. If you use a OS system on a UPS then you have to let that systems ip be able to relay. In one instance it would mail a local mailbox and we had to set up a rule to send a mail outside our organization when it came in to th...

paging and recordcount
Hi! i'm implementing a paged view. the pageinfo works correctly and i can get the right pages. but to properly implement paging i need to know the number of potential pages. say i have 1000 records and a page size of 10 i should have 100 pages. i'm using the webservice. i could not find anything in the documentation or sdk which implements this. anybody got any idea how to solve this? Alwin Hi Alwin, You need the Fetch service to retrieve the number of records. Here's an example: <fetch mapping="logical" aggregate="true"> <entity name=&q...

forward message to 'contact' that is our internal paging system
We are trying to create a rule in Outlook 2002 to forward email messages to an internal paging system. The paging ids have been created as mail enabled contacts. Nothing seems to be going to the paging system. When we forward the message using the same rule criteria to an internal email account it forwards fine. Is there something about Exchange 2000 that doesn't allow forwarding messages to email ids outside of it's system? Where do I fix that? Thank for any pointers. Max ...

PLease help: How to Keep allocated memory in RAM without Paging?
Generally, I wil use new operator to allocate memory. For example: //CData is a C++ Class Object CData* pObject = new CData; But if I want to keep the pObject in memory withour paging, what should I do ? It is because I want to keep all my allocated data in memory only. -- Regards, Anthony Lam AA wrote: > Generally, I wil use new operator to allocate memory. For example: > //CData is a C++ Class Object CData* pObject = new CData; > > But if I want to keep the pObject in memory withour paging, what > should I do ? It is because I want to keep all my allocated data i...

GridView paging
All, I bind to a GridView on the Page_Load event. Occasionally when clicking any of the pages within the grid the following error appears : "Invalid postback or callback argument." Ideas/suggestions welcome Ian On Nov 23, 12:51=A0pm, Iain <i...@test.co.uk> wrote: > All, > > I bind to a GridView on the Page_Load event. > > Occasionally when clicking any of the pages within the grid the > following error appears : > > "Invalid postback or callback argument." > > Ideas/suggestions welcome > > Ian It mi...

Paging File on Exchange 2003+Win2003 Ent
I setup two disk arrays on my Win2003 Exchange 2003. How many percent/size of paging file should I keep on drive C:(OS) and what is the size I should put on D:(Pagefile) ? I have this information for a 'standard' Win2003 OS, but not sure if I need to distribute this differently in an Exchange environment. Hi, Ideally the page file size should be around 150% percent of the Physical RAM. I would personally not recommend you to have the page file distributed accross partions or on any other volume except got C:\ (OS Installation partition). Having a split page file would result i...

excessive paging
I just set up an exchange 2003 server. I am actually only using it for testing/learning for now, so have set up one user and smarthost to my ISP email client. when I first set the server up, all was fine ... receiving emails then I noticed a delay with emails that were going to the account on the exchange server. i found the exchange server thrashing ... excessive paging; using all of its physical memory. is there a setting, like in sql, where one can allocate how much memory exchange can use. And what might i have configured incorrectly to cause this excessive thrashing? You ...

Paging in datagrid in window application
Dear Friends, Please tell me how to do paging in datagrid for bulk record(approx 4,00,000) in windows application in c sharp. Thanks in advance ...

An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation
Does anybody know what or how to clean this error up. Out of the blue I started getting this error. Everything was working fine and then poof. I seem to be able to burn but it is now inconstisten. I even replaced the DVD burner with a new one just in case. reinstalled burning software and rolled back vista. Vista SP2 with all updates. Thanks Adam Raff ...

print/print preview paging.
Hi, I’m writing a program which reads a plain text file and converts the input to a formatted label print, ie. format, group and paginate the data, and then print (display) the label print. The application framework is CDocument/CFrameWnd/ CScrollView. I tried two ways to do the job. First way, in CScrollView::OnDraw, it reads each input line and formats it, and TextOut in CScrollView. It doesn’t know how many lines and pages needed. The second way is - in CDocument::OnOpenDocument it reads input lines and stores each line in CStringArray. In CScrollView::OnDraw it TextOut each array...

Reminder paging
All, We are migrating off of Groupwise onto Exchange. We have a groupwise user who is able to get her meeting reminders to send her a page. Is this possible in outlook/exchange? I cannot find documentation anywhere? The way it works is you can send text messages by sending an email to XXXXXXXXXX@page.metrocall.com. So if there was a way to send an email automatically to someone when a reminder occurs it would work. But as I stated earlier I can't find out how to do this in Outlook. Your help is appreciated! Thanks, Bob See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm for variou...

Paging
paging! hey! although i finally figured out how memory descriptors lists work in theory, thanks to this article: http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=423 i dis assembled the MmBuildForNonPagedPool function anyways for the sake of interest :) , i found the logic used to get the physical address a bit confusing and out of sync from my knowledge of paging. mov ecx,edx shr ecx,12 and ecx,3FF8 mov edi,[ecx+C0600000] nov ecx,[ecx+C0600004] the above is an extract from the MmBuildForNonPagedPool function. the ecx register initially stores Mdl.startVa which is the starti...

Change default paging format
Hi, is there any way, how to change default paging formats? Means - how to create my own paging format, which I can use in different documents. I would like to use format like "Firts page, Second page.." etc. You mean like a "page style"? No, you can't do that in Word. What you can do is create a template for each format that you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jukl" <Jukl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7207C51D-F425-4C37-A72E-3C6789A38215@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > is there any way, ...

virtual memory paging file
i constantly get the message "low memory" "virtual memory paging file".what is this? when i try to print a publication it does not print out the entire document. i have tons of memory on my computer (i checked and emptied every temp file) it is still doing it. i am getting pretty fed up with publisher have other commercial printing issue but will get to that later. for now i am just trying to print a simple 8.5x11 invitation no picture just simple clip art. help! sylvia wrote: > i constantly get the message "low memory" "virtual memory paging fi...

Paging file size
Hello, Is there any recommended paging file size for SQL Server? My understanding is that, there is no min/max size limit specific to SQLServer and it depends on the OS need(1.5x or 2.5x etc). Please let me know if that is not correct (with info from MS, if possible) TIA, AbbA On 2010-02-17 7:18, Abba wrote: > Is there any recommended paging file size for SQL Server? It hardly matters. You never want SQL Server to need the page file, as performance will go down the tubes. For its part, SQL Server will do its utmost to keep everything in RAM. You should follo...

Question on Paging File on 64 Bit Server
We have a 64Bit Server. SQL Server 2005 SP3 CU4 is installed. There are 3 instances. The Maximum Server Memory for I1 is set at 16GB, I2 at 30GB, and I3 at 16GB. The rule use to be that the paging file should be set 1.5 times. Thus, the paging file would be set at 96GB. However, 96GB for a paging file seems a little high. We have our paging file defined on our E Drive. The E Drive has 67GB. Currently our paging file is set with an initial size of 25GB and a maximum size of 30GB. I am not sure that this is set correctly. On some web pages some people suggest setting no ...

Help With Custom Paging in DataGridView
How do I add custom paging to the following code? Public Class Form2 Private PageCount As Integer Private maxRec As Integer Private pageSize As Integer Private currentPage As Integer Private recNo As Integer Private ds As New DataSet Private dt As New DataTable Private da As OracleDataAdapter Private dv As DataView Private dtTemp As DataTable Private myBindingSource As BindingSource Private myDataSet As DataSet Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ...

Paging a query
I am trying to page my data and am using ROW_NUMBER() to accomplish this. I want to be able to pass the starting and ending row numbers, as well as the order by column. I can change the following query with parameters. ************************************** With PagedResults AS ( SELECT EmployeeId, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName, JobTitle, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY LastName, FirstName) AS ResultSetRowNumber FROM HumanResources.vEmployee ) SELECT * FROM PagedResults WHERE ResultSetRowNumber > 40 AND ResultSetRowNumber <= 50 *****************************************...

Paging Jeff
On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that rolled up sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each transaction as a separate line). At that point in time, I was not aware of this group. I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had an attachment with a report fix or special report formula. Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you will be able to post it again. I wrote a separate topic here about this, last week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis is ...

Paging using Gridview and ObjectDataSource
I have a GridView that I page using ObjectDataSource: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" EnablePaging="true" runat="server" SelectCountMethod="GetRowCount" SelectMethod="BindControl" TypeName="DAO" StartRowIndexParameterName="startRowIndex" MaximumRowsParameterName="maximumRows"> </asp:ObjectDataSource> This works fine and my paging it done on the Server instead of letting the GridView handle it so I get only the data I need. The problem is that if a dr...