Export data in XML through Web Services

I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this
data in a XML format.
I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I
didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute.
Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class?
Thanks in advance

Massimo Rizzotto

can you show us the code now, and
show us what you are getting on the wire
and show us what you would like to get on the wire?

This article
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/031223.htm

introduces the DataSet (maybe you do not need the introduction), and also
illustrates how to expose a DataSet from a WebMethod.

-Dino

"Massimo Rizzotto" <massimo.rizzotto@resnova.it> wrote in message
> I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this
> data in a XML format.
> I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I
> didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute.
> Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class?
> Thanks in advance

> Massimo Rizzotto

dinoch1 (221)
5/26/2004 8:28:43 AM

---

kzuAT4605 (35)

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Copy field data to multiple places

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Interactive web spreaadsheet viewing
I built an interactive speadsheet for the internet in Excel XP and it works and looks fine from my PC, but when I go to another PC that doesn't have Office XP on it, I get an error message that states I need some kind of component to properly view the spreadsheet. Is this something I can get and if so, will it run from the server or does it need to be offered as a download, plugin, or whatever? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
Hi; One of our customers is getting the following error in our software. This occurs in our code when we try to open and read it using the .NET XML classes. For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitD... (Sorry, the rest of the rrror message is cut off in the screen shot they sent us.) What's going on here and what do we do to make this work? thanks - dave david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com me -- http://dave.thielen.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.ht...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

Web toolbar button
Is it possible to have this button work properly in Firefox 5? Using XP sp3 operating system with "old" Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. Thank you in advance Am I being thick? I thought Firefox was only up to 3.6. I googled Firefox 5 and all I could find was a wood burner. "flynby" <jon-simek@hot.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23vxyDZgwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have this button work properly in Firefox 5? Using XP > sp3 operating system with "old" > Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. > Th...

eConnect or Web Servies to create RMTransaciton?
Hello, I am new to GP 9.0 development using web services and eConnect. Can someone help me decide which technique I can use to do the following: In GP 9.0, if I go to: Transactions-->Sales-->Transaction Entry brings up the Receivables Transaction Entry screen, where I can fill in a number, batchid, customerid, and some sales figures, etc. I am using .NET and can use the eConnect API to create a taRMTransaction to submit using eConnect. And it works fine, the transaction creates in GP. Can I perform the same thing with any of the web methods available via the GP 9 web services? I ca...

Retreiving data
We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" Can anyone help me -- Dambo On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 01:21:01 -0800, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following >message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" > >Can anyone help me What steps did you do to decommission the old server? If you give us an idea of the version of the old and new ones we can post the right help ...

Help Required with Macro to Manipulate Data
I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported from a text file) A B C D 1 Branch Date Total 2 4501 030204 29 3 4 4501 030204 14 5 6 4502 030204 331 7 8 4502 030204 52 9 10 4503 030204 54 11 12 4503 030204 85 Hi Alay and what do you want to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported ...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Data
I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What can I do? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What >can I do? I don't know what would cause that. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 describes using -s switch. That is a simple safe thing to try. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584 describes salv.exe. These may not solve your problem, but they are what I would do. I would also review my backup file situation. ...

Web Page doesn't display in e-mail.
When someone sends me web page via e-mail, the web page does not open properly. Instead, I get a bunch of lines that are embedded links in the web page. Is there anyway to have the web page open correctly when I open the e-mai? ...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...

createprocess in a windows service?
Hi, i need to start my application from a NT service. So it is possible that the app can do its stuff without loggin on to the system... I created a such a NT service. I can start and stopp him. My problem is now: How can i start an application from that service? Is it possible and how? Thanks for all hints Greets, Holger -- http://www.kreissl.info For that You have to Create the Desktop Interactive services to show you r program on User Desktop. look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/system/iconservice.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com ...

Data Migration Import
I am setting up the migration to only import the "Account" entity. I load the cdf table with all the required fields. When I run the migration it says everything was successful but no data is imported. What am I missing? ...

How do I get powerpoint to update data daily from excel formula?
I have a presentation designed for an office lobby and cannot figure out how to have an excel formula embedded into the slideshow change without shutting down the presentation and restarting it. The formula displays the number of days without a safety mishap. I thought by making the powerpoint show a playlist it might update...it didn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated? PowerPoint 2007 Brent, for an embedded object you will have to go in and change it manually to get it to change unless you mean a linked object which operates differently. "Brent" wrote...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ ...

Manufacturing Data Collection should not require an Employee ID
When you setup a Work Center in the manufacturing module, specific Employee ID's are not required. You can enter totals for Effective Capacity, Overload %, and Overtime % without specifying any employees. Likewise, no specific Machine ID is required for the machine(s) used in the work center. You may enter just totals for the machine data. Yet when you enter a WIP Data Collection transaction against a MO for Direct Labor, the Employee ID field is required, and for Machine Cost, the Machine ID is required. In our situation, we may have three employees in a work center, but the...