Error :XML not defined

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C60F1B.FCDBE180

I am trying to imput data in too a xml file. How can it deal with the =
issues below

I try putting in System.XML to see but it give me a error about only =
having one inherits per class.

Partial Class _xxxx

Inherits Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As =
System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click

Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument

Dim newComment As XmlDocumentFragment =3D xDoc.CreateDocumentFragment()

Dim root As XmlElement =3D xDoc.DocumentElement

End Class

These 3 bolded items are the errors.=20
Error 1 Type 'XmlDocument' is not defined.=20
Error 2 Type 'XmlDocumentFragment' is not defined.=20
Error 3 Type 'XmlElement' is not defined.=20

TIA
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C60F1B.FCDBE180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am trying to imput data in too a xml =
file. How can=20
it deal with the issues below</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I try putting in System.XML to see but it =
give me a=20
error about only having one inherits per class.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Partial Class _xxxx</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Inherits Web.UI.Page</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal =
sender As Object,=20
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Dim xDoc As New=20
XmlDocument</STRONG></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Dim newComment As =
XmlDocumentFragment =3D=20
xDoc.CreateDocumentFragment()</STRONG></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><STRONG>Dim root=20
As XmlElement =3D xDoc.DocumentElement</STRONG></FONT></P>
<P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>End=20
Class</FONT></P>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>These 3 bolded items are the=20
errors.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Error&nbsp;1&nbsp;Type 'XmlDocument' is =
not=20
defined.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Error&nbsp;2&nbsp;Type =
'XmlDocumentFragment' is not=20
defined.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Error&nbsp;3&nbsp;Type 'XmlElement' is =
not=20
defined.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D5><STRONG>TIA</STRONG></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C60F1B.FCDBE180--

0
fromtheweb (24)

Import System.Xml namespace in your class or use fully qualified name -
System.Xml.XmlDocument.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD]
http://www.XmlLab.Net | http://www.XLinq.Net | http://blog.tkachenko.com

Aaron wrote:
> I am trying to imput data in too a xml file. How can it deal with the
> issues below
>
> I try putting in System.XML to see but it give me a error about only
> having one inherits per class.
>

> Partial Class _xxxx
>
> Inherits Web.UI.Page
>
> Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click
>

> *Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument*
>
> *Dim newComment As XmlDocumentFragment = xDoc.CreateDocumentFragment()*
>

> *Dim root As XmlElement = xDoc.DocumentElement*
>
> End Class
>
> These 3 bolded items are the errors.
> Error 1 Type 'XmlDocument' is not defined.
> Error 2 Type 'XmlDocumentFragment' is not defined.
> Error 3 Type 'XmlElement' is not defined.
>
> *TIA*

0
some2113 (163)

Operation failed error appears when assigning a category
the following error "operation failed" appears intermittently when attempting to assign a category to items in a group mailbox. Rebooting the pc sometimes fixes this but now it doesnt - how can I fix this issue? Thanking you in advance Version of Outlook? Version of Exchange? Owner permissions???? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, jc2007 asked: | the following error "operation failed" a...

Filtered Mode Copying and pasting as value yield as error?
Dear All, While in filtered mode copying cell that consists formula and converting them into values yield as following error. Copy and paste area are not same so error. Is there any code or macro that can convert the cell consisting formula into value. Note:- The cell is in Filtered mode. Please assist? Rgds, Alighak06 I had the same problem and this macro worked for me, Range("------:------").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Selection.Copy Range("------").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, O...

Corrupt hidden object in Inbox prevents Activesync to WM5 with 86000108 error?
I have an Exchange 2003sp2 and a Windows Mobile 5 device (Treo 750w) and I am having trouble synching my Inbox, getting the famous error: "Activesync encountered a problem on this server. Support Code:86000108" Calendar, contacts and tasks are synched without a problem, and when I change the settings to exclude the inbox, I do not recieve an error. After going through quite a few troubleshooting attempts, I think I may have a problem with an object in my Inbox that Activesync is choking on. But, even after emptying the Inbox of all content that I can see, I'm still ...

Error when no records meet criteria
Hi, I have the following code and receive error 1004 Application defined or object defined error on this line Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RIGHT(D2)<>""r"",B2=4)" Selection.FormatConditions(3).Interior.ColorIndex = 7 because there are no records in this instance of the report for "4" in ColB. I've searched and applied code all to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to write code for when this may occur in any of the situations below? Range("b2:b800").Select ...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

SOAP xml
Fedex in the US is changing their method of dealing with their servers for submitting packages, tracking , etc. The old method was a formatted Xml file submitted via an HTTP Post. You then parsed the returned Xml that contained the information requested. Now they are phasing that out in favor of a web service using WSDL SOAP messages. I took one of their VB.Net samples and have sucessfully tracked packages and received Proof of Delivery Pdf files. However I have a problem when I deal with Fedex tech support when I have questions about some of their other services, for example Address ...

Warning when saving XML Spreadsheet 2003 with Excel 2007
I'm using Excel 2007 to edit an XML Spreadsheet 2003 file. Every time I save the file it pops up a warning dialog saying that some features may not be supported. I know I'm not using any features that the XML Spreadsheet doesn't support so is there any way to disable the warning? It's very annoying. And would be even more annoying if the saved the file only to find some features had been lost The computer is a tool ; users have to do the work best wishes Bernard "Ken Paulson" <ken@drunkenhyena.com> wrote in message news:uO0QlBgoKHA.404...

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

Autoarchive errors and exchange 2003
Beware. If you import .pst files into Exchange 2003 mailboxes a hidden modification date is created and set to the date the data is actually loaded on the server. All emails retain their actual sent/received dates but if you try to use autoarchive it looks at this hidden date and will not use the correct dates. Thus users cannot use this function properly. Does anyone have a answer please. Thks Phil OL2000: Message Modification Date Determines Archive Date ID: 197981 The following actions will change the message's modified date/time: - Moving or Copying It then gives you steps t...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

How to handle errors in EXCEL?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handled automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entire thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll"
My OS is WinXP Home Ed. I just bought Money 2004 Standard. After installation, I tried to start the application but an error occured and shut it down. Error Msg: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks. Patrick Try the instructions in the article below to Modify the Shortcut: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181008&Product=mny "Patrick" <cwt@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:03f101c3b253$ddb65690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My OS is WinXP ...

Installing the CRM Laptop Client error message
"The user id associated with the current record is not valid" is the error message that shows when starting Outlook. We have installed the laptop client on numerous laptops, this has only appeared on one laptop which is a tablet type and the only other difference is that it is running outlook 2003 where all the others are running outlook 2002. The operating system is windows XP on all the laptops. Anyone got any ideas, can't seem to find any other help on this. ...

LINQ to XML and Amazon Webservices
Hi, I'm having a hard time in using LINQ on XML returned from Amazon Webservices. I'm using the 2008 beta 2 on an XP machine. the code I'm using is: ========= Dim s As String s = "http://ecs.amazonaws.com/onca/xml?" & _ "Service=AWSECommerceService&" & _ "AWSAccessKeyId=1234&" & _ "AssociateTag=my-tag&" & _ "ResponseGroup=Small&" & _ "Operation=ItemSearch&" & _ ...

Ex2k7 Mailbox move error..
I used the command shell to move my mailbox from one MB server to another, same site/org/ip subnet, etc. It seemed to be taking an awful long time and i wasn't seeing any progress. Finally i gave up and ctrl+break'd out of the shell. Now i can't open my mailbox at all. If i try using OWA i get this error: "Log in failed because the mailbox you tried to access is being moved. The mailbox cannot be accessed until this operation is complete. Please wait and try again later." If i try using standard Outlook i get this error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office O...

How to get rid of error with WFOLADIN.DLL? TIA!
I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error message when I open Outlook 2003 saying "C:\Doc...etc..\wfoladin.dll is not a valid Office AddIn." I looked in the folder though and the file doesn't exist any more. Suggestions on how to get rid of the error message? Much thanks!!! Remove the WinFax Pro extensions in the Add-in Manager (Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options...) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "scripteez" <scripteez@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3gkd105q664tsocnhsak0f12h1cnttc3nl@4ax.com... > I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error me...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

Outbox Parameter Value Invalid Error
My Gmail is linked to Outlook. Currently, I have a message sitting in the Outbox of email. It won't send after multiple tries, and the error message reads: Task 'Gmail - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' What does this mean? I am not a very savvy IT person, so layman's terms would be helpful with any offered solutions. Thanks! ...

Error 1327 Invalid drive e:\
I upgraded to Windows 7 and it redesignated my two CD-ROM drives as E: and F:. I changed them to F: and G: and curretnly have no E:\ drive. Whenever I tray to launch Word 2007, it goes through a "Configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" procedure, then stops about a third of the way through and gives me the subject error message and tells me to run "Repair". When I click out of the error message boxes, it finally loads Word. I tried running "repair" and even removing Office 2007 to reinstall it, but I get the same error message and it stops ex...

Error re-serializing a soap class
I have a web service that defines a class that is returned to the calling program. Nothing special or complicated, mostly string. The calling program then tries to serialize the returned class using the XmlSerializer and I recieve a InvalidOperationException. Additional Information: there was an error reflecting type xxxx. ser = new XmlSerializer( typeof(JLConfigService.CJLOperatorInfo) ); data = new StreamWriter( "L:\\OprInfo.xml" ); ser.Serialize( data, sd.OprInfo ); data.Close(); Both the client and the server are .net 3.5. There is a lot of decoration on the class defi...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Chunking out data from a huge xml file (Ajax)
Hi I am faced with quite a challenge. I need to open a 70-100 meg file and be able to chunk it out using AJAX back to the client but that isn't my problem really. What I need to do is open the file and get pieces of it out without loading the entire thing into memory. The pieces themselves are random although of a fixed size. If I tried to read an entire file into a stirng and parse pieces out I use too much memory and if I use the xmlTextReader and the skip method my memory problems are solved but it creates a huge performance issue. If I don't have to I don't want to ...

Transfer to PO error
An interesting Error poped up when attempting to transfer a requisition to PO on our Business Portal 3.0 site. It states... Query error. Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.GeneralDatabaseException Line 1:Incorrect syntax near 'T0'. I have checked the event log and have found nothing out of the ordinary. Any ideas would help. Nathan, try the following: To resolve this problem, run the iisreset command to reset Internet Information Services (IIS). To do this, follow these steps: 1. Make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database. You can use this backup copy to res...

Error 1067 Event ID 7031
I am currenlty faced with a complete outage of my email services. I am unable to start my IMC service. I repeatedly getting error 1067 and showing event ID 7031. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Exchange 5.5 Corrupt message? You can try stopping the IMS service, move all the messages from the imcdata\in and out dirs to temp dirs. Dont mix them up! Rename the queue.dat file and restart the IMS and see if it stays up. If it does, add some of the messages back to the imcdata in and out dirs that you copied to the temp dirs and restart the IMS to push those messages out. If it ...