DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f

Hi All

Hope someone can help.

Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and
ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file
ie  It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location.
my webrequest reads as...
       http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml

From the Browser I get this returned
      <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
  <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <homearea base="http://webedu
  </homearea>

The returned XML conforms to the DTD located in
<install_dir>/webct/webct/generic/api/xml/mywebct.dtd.

How do I trap the returned File.?? and read thru it. (I need to extract
Hrefs out of it and build these into a webform, ..
so,
What do I need to do...Retrieve the DTD first??

I have tried
Dim vreader As New XmlValidatingReader(xr)
               Dim resolver As New XmlUrlResolver()
                vreader.XmlResolver = resolver

                If vreader.CanResolveEntity Then
                      While vreader.read
                           strResult = strResult & vreader.Value
                        '----error: there is invalid data at the root level,
line 1,position 1

and using
                        strResult = strResult & xr.ReadInnerXml 'str
               I get nothing ..back

TIA
Neal

--
Neal Rogers
University of Cape Town

Retrieve Lost Email

Errors saving to network drive

unable to read file #7

XML selectsinglenode
Hi I have an XML file i need to load and read the contents. Here is the top part of the xml file. <Research xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.rixml.org/2002/6/RIXML http://GreenJAR/DAVCatalog/Dashboards/GreenJAR/Documents/Schemas/RiXML2.xsd" researchID="" createDateTime="2003-07-10T00:00:00" language="eng" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.rixml.org/2002/6/RIXML"> <Product productID="BJZABULLETIN_0711" eventIndicator="No" sequence="0"> <StatusInfo sta...

Error loading XML into DataSet

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

how to generate a polynomial regression graph with 90% CI?
How do I add a trend line with the 10th, 50th and 90th percentiles to a scattergram graph? Excel has no graphics option nor any worksheet function that will do this. LINEST will give the standard errors of regression coefficients, but not their covariances (which are needed to get the standard error of a fitted value). Your options are to either write your own polynomial regression function, or use a different package. R is a freely available http://www.r-project.org full-featured and widely used statistical package that is an open-source implementation of the S languaguage, that ca...

Reading ruler/marker/thingy
Hi, Are you familiar with the process of using a ruler or (I'm talking about actual paper here, not a computer screen) if preferable using those rulers with a colored transparent strip in them to mark the page you're reading or proofing? As you move further in the document you mark the line your reading with the ruler. Kinda like keeping a finger pressed below the last word you've read. It makes it easy to proof against another copy when you must move back and forth between pages without getting lost. Does Word have a similar feature? Something that when click...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...

PSASPI error
another one of our users is getting the following error. the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL I have renamed the file in question which is in the sys32 dir and still recieving this error message. I here it may do to the fact that the user has IE7 on her machine is this true? sorry forgot to mention that this is an XP machine. "Andre" wrote: > another one of our users is getting the following error. > > the procedure entry getprocessfilenameW could not be located in the dynamic > link library PSAPI.DLL...

smtp error 550
When my users reply to an earthlink account i get the following message. xxx-fs1.xxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer (xx.xx.xx.xx) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support Derek, Several ISPs started doing system wide SMTP blocks whereas if you are not connected to their network you cannot use their SMTP server, and/or if you are connected to their network you cannot send to any other SMTP server. Instead of using Earthlink's SMTP server you should use your ISPs SMTP Smart Host. "Derek&qu...