Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns

I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful =
to some:

Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column
http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34

Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells
http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33

Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column
http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32

Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells
http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31

--=20
Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP]
Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com )

0
Greg

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

Stacked Column Chart with
Hi, I have a stacked column chart with this data in primary category axis Actual, , , , , , Budget, , , , , Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and 5 series. I add some ScatteredLineNoMarkes series on AxisGroup 2 to create vertical lines (thanks to Jon Peltier for the tip). This works up to 5 of these scattered line series. Adding another will flip the x axis labels (Jan, Feb, ...) from side-by-side alignment to one upon the other ("Jan" upon "Feb" upon "Mar", ....). Any idea of this? No matter at which position the scattered lines resid...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! 05-24-07
Edlite is dedicate to develop comprehensive technology on advertising light-box including LED; CCFL; EEFL and FLUORESCENT series.we already sell numerous light boxes around the world for tradeshow booth or display purpose. More detail.please enter into www.edlite.hk,or send mail to jenny@edlite.hk,or add MSN:madamenihao@hotmail,then we would reply to you at the first time. ...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Convert list of pairs [a(i),b(i)] to table that shows # of occurrences of each pair
Given something like this: apple,jan apple,feb apple,mar apple,jan apple,feb orange,jan orange,feb orange,jan orange,feb banana,jan banana,feb banana,mar banana,jan banana,feb I'd like to create a table that has three rows (the fruits) and three columns (the months). At the intersection of each row and column I'd like the number of occurrences of that particular fruit-month pair. Thanks for your time. Tom Z. Tom, Assume your data is in the range A1:A14, and you have a grid starting in cell C1 that looks like: C D E F 1 jan feb mar 2 apple 3 orange 4 banana ...

Frogs in the pond
Hi, I have this little charting problem. I'm sure someone will have the solution. It's difficcult to explain so I 've posted a picture here www.fransysco.net/frogs/frogs.gif You may have to zoom on your browser to see it perfectly. I have some data in a table and it's figures about frogs in a a pond and about how many arrive in each batch per quarter and how long they survive. The length of survival is measured in Quarters, too. So each quarter there's a batch of new frogs that arrive - usually 2000 in a a batch. And I measure the survival rate of each batch. Now, if I al...

List a group of repeated data from sheet1 to sheet2 but not repeat
-- thadi I have one excel sheet1 look like the following. UserName Location Division Software Name Version Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Adobe Reader 7.0 Maria.Sigmund Parkade Probation Lotus Notes 6.5.5 Eric.Bell Parkade IT WebFldrs 1.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Adobe Reader 7.0 Eric.Bell Parkade IT Symantec AntiVirus 8.1 I want to modify this sheet1 to sheet 2 ...

Number formats and fields
Hi All! I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the default A, B, C… numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add another equation in the middle of the document. Doe...

Images not displaying on page
Hi, Apologies if this is a frequently asked question... PC has Publisher 2003 + SP1 (11.6255.6408) on WinXPPro + SP2, 4Gb RAM Problem I'm having is when I try to open a Publisher document which was not created on the above PC i.e. sent to me from someone else, or created by me on my previous PC. Specifically, any images do not display on the page, or in Print Preview. However, they do appear in the Graphics Manager if I click the Show Thumbnail checkbox, and they do print correctly. If I click View, Pictures on the menubar, the dialog is set to Detailed Display. If I change this, ...

Duplicate email to distribution list
Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to Exchange 2003 server. Thx! simone.spasiano@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I > send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or > 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double > recipients! What Can I do? Outolook ...

Name NOT Show in Global Address List
Hi all, I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 server. Recently, I hided one of the user on our exchange server so that the name won't show in the GAL. Now I'd like to show this person name on the GAL, but it's not showing up. I double checked to make sure the "hide from gal" is not check. What should I do? Please Help !! Thanks in advance, Ed Ed wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 server. Recently, I hided one > of the user on our exchange server so that the name won't show in the > GAL. Now I'd like to ...

How to increment page number in a cell of worksheet
I have a problem regarding page numbers in a worksheet. The position of page number in the cell is such that page number cannot be provided through header or footer. Can you guide me about how can I increment page numbers in a cell. This is a very unreliable workaround. Declare col. "A" to be an Helper-Column. In Cell A1 type the following formula and copy down to the end of your data. Col. A Cells should, now, present the page number. Pull out one of each, in a "page", to another column in order to present the page number. You may fine-tune, the formula, b...

In MDI, how to display a restored view on a maxmized view?
In MDI, if a view is maxmized, all other views are hide. But I want to display a restored view on the top of the maxmized view, how can I do that? I am not sure if thats possible. You can try calling activateframe on the mdichild window that contains the view. I suspect that the new frame will come in as maximized as well. You can try by resizing the view to cover entire area of mainframe and then activating second frame. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "flyingxu" <flyingxu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20D25211-AC04-4E9A-A034-34F41A60B0F6...

distribution list #3
Hi, I'am yust new into exchange 2003 , but i've problem with a distrubution list. This list contains 3 users, without an e-mail box. When we send an e-mail to this list, it was dilevered succesfully (track option enabled) But the mail seems to be gone into a black hole. Is it possible to get this email back , from the exchange database ? (Exchange version 2003)Is this mail temporary stored in a kind of distribution mail box ?? Regards, Arjan Not sure what you mean about it containing users "without an e-mail box"? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetraine...

How to search closed workbook for number?
Hi; please help me discover how to search closed Excel 2000 workbooks for numbers. I have numerous workbooks with only one worksheet, containing rows with a six-digit number in some colum. Perhaps the number is stored in Excel's own representation, because using Windows 'Search' does not find a workbook with a known numeric value. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. Thanks, -Sean- You can use Vlookup =VLOOKUP(A1,'C:\yours\[yours.xls]worksheetname'!$A$1:$A$100,1,FALSE Or use a VBA macro to loop through the workbooks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.r...

Why are work order colums identical with sales receipt columns?
I designed work order sheet and sales receitp differently. But Sales Receipt copies work order columns whenever I start sale with work order. Is there any way to use those 2 different forms? For your reference I added the following code to the full page receipt. Now work order prints as I wanted. <IF> <CONDITION> Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder </CONDITION> <THEN> <TABLE> <TOP> HeaderHeight + MarginTop </TOP> <FONT> "Small" </FONT> <BORDER> tbNone </BORDER> <HEADERSH...

Excel 2003 mis-displaying a value as repeating itself
When a user enters a "1" and exits the cell, the cell displays as "111111111111111111111". The cell is defined as Number, zero decimals, with (1234) formating. Any clues to why this may be occuring, or is there a solution ? Note: The spreadsheet was originally creating in Excel 2000. Hi maybe check 'Tools - autocorrection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany J.D. Robbie wrote: > When a user enters a "1" and exits the cell, the cell > displays as "111111111111111111111". > The cell is defined as Number, zero decimals, wit...

Drop Down List in Excel
Hello, I need to analyse survey data in excel. I can make a drop down list in Excel, via Validation, and get the option to enter one choice. However, one question asks respondents to select "all" that apply. I do not know how to do this, there are anything from one to six selections. The ideal choice would be to be able to selct more than one rather than have to enter each choice as a new column. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks maybe this would work, if your dropdown menu is in A1 and the formula is in B1 =IF(A1="a",1,IF(A1="B",2,IF(A1="...

Relationship between Discount List and Quote entities
Hi, I want to add discount list when i create an quote to my opportunity. But CRM does not let me to create a new relationship between discount list and quote entitites. However, i would like to select an appropriate discount list for each product or opportunity(at least) . Could please someone refer how to create a relationship between discount list and quote entities? Thanks, Ugur ...

Mailing list #2
I am trying to format an Excel worksheet for a mass mailing for a political campaign. Some households have multiple voters and we would like to then consolidate all to one line and change the name from Doe John,Jane to Doe family. Anyone have any suggestions/ We are pressed for time and short on technical expertise..... any help very much appreciated! ...

counting cells in filtered list
I have a 3 column spreadsheet, the third column is conditionall formatted and the spreadsheet has an automatic filter on each column. I have the following formula at the bottom of column C which gives m the total count of cells in column C or the total resulting from th filter applied in Column A =SUBTOTAL(3,C3:C83). Below that I have a summary Split No. % RED 47 58.02% AMBER 27 33.33% GREEN 7 8.64% I need to the results in the No. column of the summary to reflect th filtered list not the whole spreadsheet - at the moment the formla fo RED under No is =COUNTIF(C3:C83,"<10") bu...

Sort names and e-mails from one column
Hi Just wondering if any could help me with a problem I have sorting names and e-mails from one column. I have an excel spreadsheet and in column A it has a list of names and e-mail addresses. I need to split them into 2 columns emails in one names in another for importing into another program. Is this possible? The emails are all odd and the names even if this helps. A B C 1. email 2. name 3. email 4. name 5. email 6. name Thx in advance for any help. -- jul3s ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jul3s's Profile: http://www.ex...

auto generate sheets in a workbook from list using a master sheet
i need to automaticly generate time cards using a name list from the name sheet and the master timecard sheet so it will put the all the info from the name sheet into the cells of the master and change the tab name to the name on the list so they can input their own times onto the sheet and do this for the names on the list. Carl, If I understand you have a list of names on a sheet called names and you want to add a worksheet for each name. Try this which assumes the names are in A1 to A7 so change to suit Sub Add_Sheets() Dim MyRange As Range Set MyRange = Sheets("N...

Assistant phone number
Hello all.... We're running Server 2003, and Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. In the Outlook address book, there is a tab called Phone/Notes, if you open a user's properties. One field on that tab is called 'Assistant:'. Can someone tell me where to go to edit that field? In the AD, it's called telephoneAssistant. I do not see it in the AD Users & Computers, or Exchange MMC's. Thank you for your time. Ed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q272198 "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:uAFq5...