Deserializing an XML (soap) file on a pocket pc into a hashtable

I am porting some code from a PC to a PocketPC. I want to read data
from an XML-file into a hashtable. But since the soapformatter does not
exist in the compact framework I have to find a workaround. I have
tried to use xmlserializer, but it always wants me to supply it with a
type. If I use the type of hashtable I get an exception. Any help or
hints would be highly appreciated.

Below is the code as it more or less looks in my program :

[Serializable]
public struct CMDCLASSES
{
    public Hashtable CmdClasses;
}

public CMDCLASSES ReadXml(string filename)
{
    Stream streamReader = null;
    CMDCLASSES temp = new CMDCLASSES();

    SoapFormatter serializer = new SoapFormatter();
    streamReader = File.OpenRead(filename);
    if (streamReader != null)
    {
        temp = (CMDCLASSES)serializer.Deserialize(streamReader);
    }
    streamReader.Close();
    return temp;
}

0
news5987 (1)

Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll"
My OS is WinXP Home Ed. I just bought Money 2004 Standard. After installation, I tried to start the application but an error occured and shut it down. Error Msg: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks. Patrick Try the instructions in the article below to Modify the Shortcut: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181008&Product=mny "Patrick" <cwt@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:03f101c3b253$ddb65690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My OS is WinXP ...

SOAP xml
Fedex in the US is changing their method of dealing with their servers for submitting packages, tracking , etc. The old method was a formatted Xml file submitted via an HTTP Post. You then parsed the returned Xml that contained the information requested. Now they are phasing that out in favor of a web service using WSDL SOAP messages. I took one of their VB.Net samples and have sucessfully tracked packages and received Proof of Delivery Pdf files. However I have a problem when I deal with Fedex tech support when I have questions about some of their other services, for example Address ...

[OL2003] adding exchange account to profile by PRF file
Hi, a PRF file (as shown below) generates an exchange account within a separately generated profile. I would like to change the PRF file such that the exchange account is added to the already existing profile called "Outlook" such that there is no need to switch profiles all the time. What adjustments are needed? I think section 4 is the most important part. Thanks for your help. Best wishes, J. NB: XXXXXX denotes the account on the exchange server. In the code below it is the name of the profile generated by PRF, as well. ________________ ;Automatically generated PRF file from...

Inserted picture from file must be printed over/behind footer
We want to print a picture (including company's logo) on every page of=20 a document. We insert an EPS file in one of the tile cells, and it = appears=20 on every page, EXCEPT the part of the image at the bottom of the page=20 where the footer appears. The image is cut off where the footer=20 starts. Is there one way or another to let the image be continued (over or=20 behind) the footer ? Regards, Jan ...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

pst file move
I use office xp with windows xp. I would like to move my outlook.pst file to another hard disk because the old one is full. How can I do it? The following article should provide the details you need for this request: 287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

How to Import files from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook2003
I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best way to do it? Thanks SJ >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 >into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best >way to do it? > >Thanks > >SJ >. > If You are using Outlook 2003 GO TO TOOLS --> Accounts -- > View Change Accounts Click on New Outlook Data File and add your PST there. In article <081f01c3c4ce$2eba1540$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says....

Corrupt Money file
Hi - I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out what is going on with our Money file. Money froze up this morning and my husband hard booted to exit the program. He also reinstalled Money 2004 to our desktop computer. However, we are unable to open our Money file - it says it is corrupt or not a Money file. I've tried restoring from our back up files (both from floppy and from CD that we have consistently kept backed up), but the restored file also gets the same error message. We recently networked out two computers and now access our Money file from both computer...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

File Size #9
I have an excel workbook with 3 sheets. One of the sheets has a pictur in it approx 250kb. At first the file size was around 350kb, but all of a sudden it is no 4.2meg. Does anyone know why this has happened. I need to send thi sheet through Hotmail, in which it would be too big! Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd look to see where each worksheet ended (via ctrl-End). If that was further down/to the right than you expected, I'd try some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Then save it. If t...

hyperlinks - file location
I'm creating hyperlinks with a list of documents in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to tell Excel where to look when I try to add the hyperlink. The link it only to a file on a network directory ... not to a website. It's a real time-waster to have to change it 200+ times. I did change where it looks for documents, but that was ineffective. It still goes to the same "wrong" location. It only goes to the drive/directory that the excel file is located ... arghhhhh! Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Diana When I do this, I put the server/folder names in a cell (A1) and ...

Not able to open .pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi, I am trying to open Outlook 2003 .pst file in Office 2007. However, it is giving me this error: Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Pls help. ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford How are you trying to open the PST file? Run Outlook 2007 then use File | Open ..... -- Bill R MVP "Shilps" <shilpi_sri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FBE11110-4F8A-4926-9020-F222ADAEDD63@microsoft.com... &...

temp file
Every time a colleague save an excel file it saves a .tmp file at same time can anybody tell me where to switch this action off Thanks Tina Some have reported back that it's not excel--it's their antivirus program not cleaning up after itself. Maybe you could disable the AV (just temporarily) and see if the problem goes away. tina wrote: > > Every time a colleague save an excel file it saves a .tmp file at same time > can anybody tell me where to switch this action off > Thanks > Tina -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Large Log File?
Sorry this is very SQL orientated... I have a 14GB Log file and dont think this is correct? I run a full backup of the database every night. Shouldnt the log file only hold none completed transactions and once the transaction hits a point it writes it back to the database? please help as i think this could be affecting performance? Forget it, I solved it, set the recovery model to simple and shrank the log file... in the words of gordon ramsey "DONE" "Ian Watson" <rango20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OStBgy$DJHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sor...

Correction
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew Have you tried copying the contents to a new workbook, and saving i...

How can I read CSV file using VBA?
I have to read CSV file using VBA. I don't want to use macros or queries like transfer spreadsheet etc. because I want to apply certain rules in a module after reading the file. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 I am using the following code but one of my field which has both characters and numbers is not importing at all.. How do I handle this? Sub import_csv() DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "", "Test_CSV", "c:\csv_files\12-31-2009 Test.csv", ...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

file browser dialog
Hi, I need an utility let me to browse local and network folders from access 2000 and return the 'file' selected from the user. I've found this http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm but return only folder name, not file name. what can I do? thanks. Max On Wed, 2 May 2007 16:03:42 +0200, "massimo" <cicciobello3@libero.it> wrote: >Hi, >I need an utility let me to browse local and network folders from access >2000 and return the 'file' selected from the user. >I've found this http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm but return onl...

Accessing physical memory through PC/104 bus
Hello all. We need to access (read/write) memory on devices (cards) attached to PC/104 bus. Operating system: Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Target processor: Advantech PCM-3375 (x86 architecture) http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3375/mod_1-2JKGWQ.aspx We were using operating system QNX 4.25 before, now we plan to migrate our code to WinCE6. Under QNX, we were accessing the memory using block of code similar to this one: { int addr =3D 0xd9080; // physical address on card unsigned long size =3D 0x1000; // size of block to access unsigned char...

MDBData Log files
To anyone who can help. I have just recently installed Exch 2003 and with all the software I have loaded, I still have approximately 20 gigs left on the drive. The problem I am having, after 24 to 48 hrs, the hard drive gets filled with log files under the MDBDATA directory. When the hard drive is filled, exchange no longer works. Is there a way to make to the files go away after a few days? Or is there something that I can do to reconfigure the system to not spit out all those log files? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Robert DO NOT delete them, these are you...

Event Viewer>system- file corrupted
Usinh XP Home and sp3, when I try to clear the entires in 'system', it says file corrupted and there is a 'red cross" to it. Although, the pc seems to be working fine, obviously somewhere is not right, how can I get rid of the 'red cross'. Thanks ...

Error re-serializing a soap class
I have a web service that defines a class that is returned to the calling program. Nothing special or complicated, mostly string. The calling program then tries to serialize the returned class using the XmlSerializer and I recieve a InvalidOperationException. Additional Information: there was an error reflecting type xxxx. ser = new XmlSerializer( typeof(JLConfigService.CJLOperatorInfo) ); data = new StreamWriter( "L:\\OprInfo.xml" ); ser.Serialize( data, sd.OprInfo ); data.Close(); Both the client and the server are .net 3.5. There is a lot of decoration on the class defi...