Dataset>XML>SQLText field>XML>Dataset

I must be doing something obvious wrong here, but:

I perform a query to retrieve a dataset - I want to archive this in a
SQL field for seperate retrieval later, while the original data may
have moved on - so I write it to a string of XML using ds.GetXML().  I
then write that string to the DB, into 1 'text' type field. (I know the
data will never get over a certain size)

Later I read that field and retrieve the data as a string and attempt
to simply perfrom a ds.ReadXML(xmlstr).  & this errors.  Upon examining
the resultant XML I find the XML retrieved invariably has <newdataset>
as the root element and for some BIZZARE REASON puts another
</newdataset><newdataset> halfway through the XML - making the root
element corrupt (there's more than 1).

I am contemplating pulling it out with replace, but I feel there's
something shallow yet meaningful I'm missing here...  GetXML has no
overloads so is there something I need to do with the orignal DS to
stop this from happening?

I know it's not SQL manipulation, since it just thinks its a hefty text
object, and since I can't get the ReadXML to even work, I assume it
must be the GetXML or orgin dataset..

Help!  Has anyone seen this before?

Auto Name in "from" field
We have two mailboxes, i want to be able to send a message from the secondary mailbox but have the sent item message in the secondary instead of the primary. I can do this if i have a rule set to pick up the name from the "from" field. The only problem is that i have to put in the name in the from field all the time. Is there any way for the from field to autodisplay the name instead of me having to type it in all the time? Thanks in advance Darren In the new mail window, there is a box named "Accounts" if you have more then one mail account. You just click on th...

Viewing field values at the accounts level
I created several customised fields and bulk imported account data - all looks fine except for one numerical field, which does displays only blanks. When you double-click on the account, however, you clearly see there is a non-zero value there. When I sort by this field, it does the right thing, just that somehow the field value does not show up under the field name at all when viewing all accounts. Any help would be great. Textbooks etc don't seem to cover this sort of newbie snag! Thanks ...

Subquery select field from previous record
I have the following table setup Table Name - tblInventoryCounts Field Names - Store Number, Count Date, Item name, Count Amount Sample Data Store Number Count date Item Name Count Amount 9 1/4/2010 Gear 10 9 1/11/2010 Gear 18 9 1/18/2010 Gear 18 I have a parameter query where the user is asked for the store number and Count Date. I need for the query to return the information for the date entered and the Count Amount from 7 ...

Creating XML element from XPath

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

Identifying Modified Database Fields
Situation is as follows: - We have an SQL Server database table that is being updated in a synchronisation process from another source database, via code that loops through the source records, finds the corresponding records in the destination database, and updates relevent fields (via RDO, SELECT corresponding record, Edit, change all fields, Update.) This is existing code. There is a field in the destination database (ModifiedDate) that should only be updated if any of the destination fields have changed as a result of the synchronisation. The question relates to how th...

DataSet and xml data without schema
Hi, How can I read data into an DataSet from an xml file that doesn't contain any schema references. The dataset is wysiwyg-created in VisualStudio. I've already tried the ...DataSet.ReadXml() method but that doesn't fill my dataset with the data from the file and also doesn't raise any errors. How can I convince the ...DataSet to read data from the unschematized xml-file? Erik ...

add custom fields after redeploy
I redeployed a MSCRM install to a virtual environment. The redeploy worked fine, but I can't add custom fields. I get an error saying that the Publisher is not the original publisher for CRM. I had to manually create the distributor and the publications. Any help is appreciated. this is the answer i think ============ appears this is caused by replication not being setup correctly =========================== You have redeployed Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 by using the Redeployment Tool. You try to add a new custom field to Microsoft CRM by using the Schema Manager in Micro...

Parse XML into Collection
I'm a newbie so please bear with me... I'm looking to parse XML into a Collection so that I can pass that collection around to functions to extract data from it easily. I'm hoping there is code already to parse std XML files into a Collection? All I've found is code where the XML structure is already known... I need to code to work no matter what the structure... it would "figure out" what nodes are parents/children and such then place them into a Collection appropriately. Any help is appreciated! An XmlDocument already defines a hierarchy of collections when it p...

How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database?
This may be a simple question but... I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a different way I have set it up. Is this possible? On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Define "different". -Tom. >This may be a simple question but... >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a >different way I have set it up. Is this possible? Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a ...

Workflow Engine -- Firing on Change to a Field in Existing Record
Hi, Has anyone found an acceptable work-around to fire off an automated workflow rule when a value in a field of an EXISTING record changes? Out-of-the-box you can only trigger rules to run when a record is created, the status changes (active or inactive) or run manually. Alan ...

StyleRef Field in Headers to Show Chapters/Sections
New to fields...I want my headers to show chapters on the even page and sections in the odd pages. When I put a simple StyleRef field in I'm not getting what I want...here is what I would like it to do: - if a chapter has not started yet (as in the preface pages) then I would like it to be blank rather than picking up the chapter that will be 10 pages later. - same with the section I guess I'd like both to search starting from the bottom of the page the field is currently on...and go backwards through the document to the most recently started chapter/section. I'm s...

user defined fields #3
I would like to change the field name Comment 1 to Pledge Amt. I am not able to do this. We have modifier. When I open the customer card window and click on Tools > Customize the modifer opens. But I am not able to change the Comment 1 Description. I can select the field, but I cannot seem to change it. I have looked into the properties field without any sucess. I am able to change it globally, but I would like to restrict it to this window only. I am not sure what I am missing here. Thanks nfp nfp, You are not missing anything. Just go to the modified window, select the Commen...

Can not Load XML
Hi I am trying to load the XML document from a file like XmlDocument requestDoc = new XmlDocument(); requestDoc.Load( strFileName ); I am getting Error '&#9792;', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character. Line 1940, position 1. I can load the same file using IE 6.0 with out any errors I am using Visual Studio .Net 1.1(2003) Any Clues ???? Thanks Kiran Kiran, 0x0C is not a legal character in any XML document (regardless if IE does display it). The spec explicitly spells out which characters may occur in a legal document [0]. You can find more information on thi...

New to xml
I'm trying to write my xsl to display an unordered list fromt the xml file where location is equal to top: <siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" > <siteMapNode url="~/index.aspx" title="Home" location="top"> <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/index.aspx" title="About Us" location="top" > <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/mediaroom.aspx" title="Media Room" /> <siteMapNode url="~/about_us/awards.aspx" title="Awards" /> <siteMapNo...

How do I write a response to a request from an xml data island?
I need to know the code I must write to respond xml to a data island as a result from a src request from the data island. Thanks so much Assuming the data island has a src attribute like: "getXML.asp", this ASP page would do it: <%@ language="JScript"%> <% var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DomDocument"); xmlDoc.loadXML("<root>Some XML</root>"); Response.ContentType="text/xml"; xmlDoc.save(Response); %> Regards, Mike Sharp "Nicole Schenk" wrote: > I need to know the code I must write to respond x...

Yes/No dropdown and table field validation
Good Morning,I'm currently working on putting a 'yes/no' dropdown box in my Accessform, without table lookup for the 'y/n' values. I had read that thetable field for this could be 1 char long, with a validation rule of:'in("Y","N")'. However, I get a datatype conflict when I test theform. When I take out the validation rule, it works seeminglyseamlessly. Is the validation rule actually needed, and can it bemade to work?Thanks,Louis A Yes/No field stores -1 for Yes (true), and 0 for No (false.)The text "Y" and "N" are not t...

Pivot table field settings--ghosted out
I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database. I a trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE". Currently they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting. I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cel heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS". This brings up th Pivot table field window. The only options that I have that are no ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE". I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under th Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so...

XML newbie: How to add/replace an attribute

how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file
how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file since the file is very big!! joe wrote: > how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file > since the file is very big!! You can read through the XML document with an Xml(Text)Reader, that is forward only pull parsing where your code only pulls in the current node. The documentation is here <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlTextReaderClassTopic.asp> for .NET 1.x and here <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlreader(...

How to create xml elements with special chars
Hi, newbie that i am in .Net, i'm trying to add "D/T" as a new element in C# : XmlElement elemAttr = (XmlElement)m_xmlDoc.AppendChild(m_xmlDoc.CreateElement("D/T" ) ); but the framework throws an XmlException ... how do i overcome this ? do i have to parse the string for special chars myself ? please advise, thanks , nim_co. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I don't think that you can. The XML standard limits the characters you can use (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#dt-elem...

Object to use for sending URL / retrieving XML
How do I get XML results from a URL into a set of variables (or controls on a form, or anywhere else I can use them within Access)? I need to build an interface to the Washington State tax code URL interface as a small part of a much larger application that has been running for several years. Their site accepts address-related arguments as part of the URL, then returns XML results. Here is the URL, using their example address (probably their office), so there is nothing confidential here: http://dor.wa.gov/AddressRates.aspx?output=xml&addr=6500 Linderson way&city=&am...

The payment terms discount field needs a "Next Month" option.
If a vendor bills on a monthly basis with a 2% 10th net 30 term, an invoice dated 5/2/06 would be due 5/10/06 for the discount. The due field has a drop-down for "Next Month", which allows the ultimate due date to be pushed into the next month's date cycle. The discount date field needs this same option - otherwise any invoices dated between the 1st and the 9th will have a discount date of the 10th in the same month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...