Databindings and XML - Binding Text between XML Tags instead of XML Tag Atrribute Information

Dear Group

I wonder if I do something wrong and whether this is possible at all.
Any hint is greatly appreciated.

I have a XML file bound to a Treeview. The treenodes Text/Value
properties bind and populate fine if I set them to an attribute of
the
XML tag. What I would like to do however is setting my nodes text and
value property to text that is between the XML tags. Example:

<products>
     <article value="1" text="Washing Powder">
          <description text="Super Whitewash">
               Super Whitewash is ideal and a 'must have' for some
Government departments..
          </description>
     </article>
     <article value="2" text="Butter">
          <description text="Extra Salted Butter">
               Our Extra Salted Butter is guaranteed to send your
blood pressure through the roof...
          </description>
     </article>
</products>

I tried to include 'Super Whitewash is ideal..' as an attribute in
the
description tag. But that doesn't allow me to to a line break e.g.
If I include the line break, <br />, between the description tags,
all
I can see is a list of <br /> if I put several paragraphs in but none
of the actual text.

Any help and hint is very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Martin

Finding text that's in italics
I've got a column in my excel data that contains text whereby some of the entries are in italics. I'd like to somehow be able to isoloate those items (via filtering or other means). I'd be willing to insert a column so that if the cell to the left is italics, a true response is indicated. Anyone know of any tricks? Thanks Gret A macro suit you? Sub find_italics() Dim rCell As Range Set coltocheck = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Column", Type:=8) For Each rCell In coltocheck If rCell.Font.FontStyle = "Italic" Or _ r...

Formatting Text Boxes in UserForms
When designing text boxes for data entry, can the text box controls on the UserForm be assigned number formatting properties? For example, how would I arrange for data in TextBox1 to be in % with one decimal point, preferrably with a trailing % sign? You can format the value that goes in the textbox the way you want. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value / 100, "#0.0%") End If End Sub KG wrote: > > When des...

Missing Sales Summary Information GP7.5
Hello, We recently ran into an issue where a customer's sales summary information for 2005 is missing in the Customer Yearly Summary Inquiry window . However, the customer has had sales this year. The sales summary can be seen in the Customer Summary screen. Has anyone run into this before? Is there any fix? Thanks, -- Jessie Have you tried running a reconcile? "Jessie" wrote: > Hello, > > We recently ran into an issue where a customer's sales summary information > for 2005 is missing in the Customer Yearly Summary Inquiry window . However, > t...

How to format two repeating XML elements w/o getting list of list
How do I set up an export spreadsheet with two repeating elements without getting the error "List of lists"? If I have a repeating node that also has repeating children I get errors no matter how I create the sheet! I can get this to work with ONE repeating element but then the XML gets very verbose with repetitious node names. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Excel
I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet s I can run a report on the data. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you're looking for a way to automatically import several text files, this posting may help you: http://tinyurl.com/35fyc Note: Excel has a row limit (65536 maximum). depending on the size of your text files you max exceed this limit Frank > I have 65 text files which I want to import into one Excel worksheet > so I can run a report on the data. Is this possible? > > > --- > Message posted from ...

Who does text move?
Hi, Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is loaded? Oscar If you are referring to your website try checking your Publisher file with, from the Tools menu, Design checker. You may have some text boxes on top of one another. -- Don Vancouver, USA <jeroen.van.bijsterveld@davilex.nl> wrote in message news:1187614503.599939.227360@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is > loaded? > > Oscar > ...

Proper text
i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont want to retype the whole work sheet Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm In article <AB9C86FA-6960-433C-8040-270503BF2813@microsoft.com>, "Tre1" <Tre1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the > first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont > want to retype the whole work sheet...

Count Multiple Text Entries
Hi, Following a post I did yesterday 'Count Text to get a Percentage'....my next post is that I need to count text entries in differing cells to get a result - Probably Sumproduct is the probably the answer but despite reading up can't get it. In Cell A1 (Title Merged across): Have you Carried out a H&S Check? In Cell A2: Select Job Title In Cell A3: Is the list (Validation List), Plasterer, Chippy, Brickie In Cell B3: Answer = Yes or No (Validation) Q: If I get: Chippy (A3) and Yes (B3)......how can I sum this to get a figure? to the effect that every Chip...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

WPF : how to print text onto which control
Hi all, I can't manage to write some text onto a control, using WPF. I've found some code on the web using DrawString. It doesn't work (?) with me. I'm making my own msgbox. So I want to be able to write the texts (with font attributes and so on) onto controls. Which control (WPF) may I use to write onto it, and how can print some text onto it ? Thanks Christian "Christian Hubert-Hugoud / weabow - Xtrem7 - Groobax" <nospam@weabow.com> wrote in message news:eeH6foPxKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I can't...

HTML/Rich Text Messages: Always Re-Downloading Bodies--Why...?
Currently using Outlook 2007, but has been the case with previous versions as well. Once a text with pictures, formatted text, etc (HTML and rich-text) downloads I view it -- but the message re-downloads every time I click on it in my inbox. I've checked the settings, but can't locate anything that'll make the message download, and stay downloaded, until I delete. Outlook isn't all that fast to begin with, but having to redownload a message because I've clicked it's header slows things down even more. ...

advanced filter information into a combo box for selection
I have extracted information using a macro with worksheet_change If Target.Address = "$b$25" Then 'calculate criteria cell in case calculation mode is manual wsData.range("t2").Calculate wsData.range("PartsDatabase") _ .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=wsData.range("t1:t2"), _ CopyToRange:=range("C25:G25"), Unique:=False End If I want that information to be part of a combo/list box so that the customer can choose it as part of their order based on criteria they are searching for. I know there is a wa...

xml transformation question
How can I use the XML and XSLT to transfer data from CSV to SQL server? Thanks. -00Eric Clapton wrote: > How can I use the XML and XSLT to transfer data from CSV to SQL server? XSLT transforms an input tree into a result tree which is then serialized as XML or as HTML or as text. The input tree is usually built by parsing some input XML. With that standard approach I don't see XSLT helpful to get data in a CSV format into an SQL data base server, there are certainly ways to import that CSV data into a data base without using XSLT. Ask in a data base group how to import t...

Problem retrieving text data from cell
Hello, I am parsing a spreadsheet and as part of the process I have to check what is in the cells in column A. The content is either a numeric character string, "019" for example, or "#N/A" The code below works fine as long as the cell contains a numeric string, but when it contains "#N/A" the behavior is strange. Dim oSourceSheet As WorkSheet If I use the Text propery, like this: sRegionNumber = oSourceSheet.Cells(lnFirstRow, 1).Text sRegionNumber is set to a Null string. If I use the default propery (Value?), like this sRegionNumber = oSourceSheet.Cells(lnFi...

billing information field?
When exporting calendar data from Outlook Calendar to a comma separated document, there is an option to include a billing information field, but I cannot find a way to add a billing information field to my calendar posts. This would be very useful! Does anyone know how to do this? "BLSHEPinMA" <BLSHEPinMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16C7CF2E-F752-4627-8736-A4338111C8FF@microsoft.com... > When exporting calendar data from Outlook Calendar to a comma separated > document, there is an option to include a billing information field, but...

Information Store #9
Sorry, but when it comes to Exchange I know little or nothing. I got this from my friend. All of our email inhouse is through microsoft outlook and we use the exchange server. Usually we set up a computer to log into a mail box by going to tools and services and giving the delivery address. I do not have the option for services. When I click on my outlook icon from my task bar, I get the message "The information store could not be opened" and it closes. I have tried this on other groups and have not gotten a response that works although people have tried. If you need more inf...

Modifying Text in a column
Hello, I have a long column of text cells, each of which has a single piece of text in each cell. e.g., abc How can I change all the cells to have each cell modified by the addition of another piece of text added to it (no spaces) e.g. xyz becomes xyzK agh becomes aghK vtd beomes vtdK etc. Same "add-on" in each case. Thanks, Bob Hi Bob You can do it this way, assuming your data starts at A1 going down, just type =A1&"k" and copy down, it will adjust by itself. HTH John "Bob" <rgsros@notme.invalid> wrote in message news:idbeo7$dg2$1@news.eternal...

copy and paste text crashes word
If I copy text from Textedit or a pdf (using Preview) and then paste that text into Word it'll crash. Once that happens I have to log out of OSX and come back before Word will run without crashing (it'll open and as soon as I enter a keystroke or select a menu it crashes). Copy and pasting from within word is fine. Running the latest version of Office 2008. Any thoughts? What version/update of OS X? Have you recently repaired disk permissions? The behavior you describe suggests that it may well not be a fault of Word, but that perhaps something is being put on the clipbo...

Open/Partial/Closed PO icons gone
One of the computers here had a problem with Windows and I had to blow it away and re-install everything. I installed RMS v2.0 Store Ops & HQ and applied the Hot Fix we're all running (v2.0.0109, I think). The PO list used to have icons for Status. White/Blank for Open, White w/Red Exclamation Point for Partial and Yellow w/Lines for Closed. On this one PC, these icons have been replaced with text. It's obviously not a critical issue, but the user of this PC has been looking at those icons for over two years and she would prefer the icons over the text. Problem also appl...

LDAP name for information store
Hello We are using Exchange Server 2003 in a Windows 2000 AD domain. We utilize user management software for our Help Desk associates to manage user accounts. We need to determine what the LDAP name of each information store within Exchange is. Can you help me find this information or make the determination of what that would be? Thank you for your assistance. Mark Clark Hi I'm not sure that this is what you need: CN=Mailbox Store (VIRTUAL2K3),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=VIRTUAL2K3,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=TEST,CN=Micro...

Modifying PO.xml need help...
Dear All, I am trying to modify PO.xml to display sale price of items on the printed PO. I just can not seem to find proper variable for price (actual selling price) of an item. PurchaseOrder.Entry.XXXX I tried unitprice,price, etc in place of XXXX. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. Ken Hur Thank you so much. Ken I found the variable in the variable list! Sorry for posting before throughly searching... Is there anyway to delete posts? "Ken" wrote: > Dear All, > > I am trying to modify PO.xml to display sale price of items on the printed PO. > >...

new to xml #2
Hi Dim ds As New DataSet Dim strPath As String Dim strSql As String strSql = "SELECT * " & _ " FROM order" Dim daExport As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(strSql, oConString.ConString) daExport.Fill(ds, "Order") ds.WriteXml(Me.txtFilePathName.Text & "\Mynew.xml") i am new to xml stuffs. what i need is to write dataset to xml file which is fine . the problem is i want to add some attribute with that dataset like Title,filename and discription like my xml file should look like...

docmd.runsql only works when text is present
I have the following code: txtSQL = "SELECT mytbl.myA, mytbl.myB FROM mytbl where myA = " & strText For some reason in vba, my query works when the strText has text present (4567E), and doesn't when it is just a number(45643). What am I doing wrong? It is driving me batty. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 ...

Frozen Text Boxes
I accidently dragged a text box from Spreadsheet A to Spreadsheet B. Now the text box on Spreadsheet B is not accessible. I cannot click on it, highlight it, or do anything to get the handles to turn on so I can delete it. It is just sitting there across 5 rows. I can type text in the box but that is all. What did I do and how do I delete it? Thanks, Greg Dear Greg Go to the <View> menu and select <Toolbars>. Select the <Control> toolbar. At the top of the toolbar you will hopefully have the design icon (Blue set square) depressed. Click on it to raise it (swi...

Is there a way to copy text from a published knowledgebase article?
Hello, This is a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Our helpdesk quite often needs to pass on instructions from the knowledgebase to our people in the field. However, once a knowledgebase article has been published, copying of text from it is disabled. Is there a way to enable that feature? Sorry, if this is a basic question, but I've googled this quite extensively and I've searched through the manuals without any results. Thank you for any replies. Pete ------=_NextPart_0001_00C5BA0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Pete~ I am a...