creating minimal DTD

Hi,
is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag
or text?
With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the root (for example
"myRoot") and the declaration of entities (for example è à and
similar) only.
I've tried using the keyword ANY but it didn't work (ANY require the
declaration of  the used tag)
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Fede

0
fbenigni1 (6)

Hello!

> is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag
> or text?
> With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the root (for example
> "myRoot") and the declaration of entities (for example è à and
> similar) only.
> I've tried using the keyword ANY but it didn't work (ANY require the
> declaration of  the used tag)

I don't understand what you mean...

You don't have to define any Elements or Attributes, you can define
Entities-only if you want to...

What do you want to do? Prevent Validation errors on using unknown Elements?

--
Pascal Schmitt
>> is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared
>> tag or text?
>> With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the root (for example
>> "myRoot") and the declaration of entities (for example è à
>> and similar) only.
>> I've tried using the keyword ANY but it didn't work (ANY require the
>> declaration of  the used tag)
>
> I don't understand what you mean...
>
> You don't have to define any Elements or Attributes, you can define
> Entities-only if you want to...

I have got an XML document written by someone with the entities and I don't
have the DTD.
I'm not interested in the DTD but in resolve the entities.
I would like to declare, in a XML document entities only and then, using the
validanting reader, resolve the entities independently from the used
tags/DTD.

> What do you want to do? Prevent Validation errors on using unknown
> Elements?

Yes, and also resolve entities
Is it possible? Have you got any examples?

Fede

0
fbenigni1 (6)
9/15/2005 6:46:50 AM
Hello!

>> You don't have to define any Elements or Attributes, you can define
>> Entities-only if you want to...
>>
> I have got an XML document written by someone with the entities and I don't
> have the DTD.
> I'm not interested in the DTD but in resolve the entities.
> I would like to declare, in a XML document entities only and then, using the
> validanting reader, resolve the entities independently from the used
> tags/DTD.

But if you don't know the DTD, how will you resolve the Entities?

I /think/ it is possible using XmlResolver - a Method seems to be called
when the Reader/Validator wants to load something or resolve entities.

--
Pascal Schmitt

Does Preview Pane create a virus vulnerability?
I have my Outlook 2002 set so that the headers are on top and a preview of the email is below. Does that open me up to the possibility of receiving a virus or malicious code even if I don't open attachments? Would anti-virus software guard against this? Thanks! Ed It's possible, yes - but you should have good AV software installed anyway, and a firewall - both are pretty much mandatory on all networked computers (connecting to the Internet through a modem counts as that, too!) Your AV software should be updated regularly - try daily if possible. Keep Windows and all your office ap...

Problem Creating Public Folder Mails.
Hi Everybody, I have just configured the Public folder in my exchange 2003 with SP2 Server. when i am sending mail from MAPI client to the public folder its deliver the normal Mail to the public folder. But the same think I am sending from POP3 Client its delivered to the Post. why? Please write to me how to resolve this problem? Appreceited if somone could clarify me on that. Thanks, Rangaraj ...

Outlook 2007 with SharPoint Services to create Meeting Workspaces
I see that there is a download for SharePoint Services SP1. I write to inquire if this can be used to enable the meeting workspace feature in the scheduling portion of calendar. Rephrased, can this sharepoint services be used to make my computer its own SharePoint Site so that I can invite others for presentations. If so, is there further configuration information available. Ideally, I would want to: - Show PowerPoint Presentations to attendees - Show Milestones, tasks, alerts to attendees - Retain meeting content Much thanks for an informed opinion as I await a reply...

Can't get past "Unable to Create the log path" when restoring
Hi. This is driving me nuts. We are running Exchange 2003. I have created a Recovery Storage Group and am trying to restore to it from an online (ntbackup) backup, but can't get past the message "Unable to Create the log path. Check to insure that it is a valid path" message when I hit the "Restore Now" button and fill out the information on where to restore to (the server with my recovery storage group on it - TESTDCEXCH) and the location for my log and patch files (e:\Rest_Log). History is: Exchange knows our production server as EXCHANGE Exchange knows the...

Comments in Excel minimized and moved to top of spreadsheet?!? #4
I have a fairly large Excel spreadsheet with a lot of comments added throughout it. for some reason all the comments have been minimized to a line where I have to open each one up individually. They are also now all lined up at the top of the worksheet instead of just beside their corresponding cell. I have been manually trawling through each comment resizing and moving them back to their cell. a long process! Any idea why this has happened and is there a way to globally reset the comments? ...

Duplicate Worksheets created
Hi There I have an issue withone of the databases. In HQ Manager when I try to create any worksheet and approve it the manager will create two fo the same kind. One approved and one new (not Approved). When I open either worksheet I find that there are no stores assigned in it. I am using RMS V2.0.0127. Any ideas on what this issue may be casued by or how to rectify this will help. -- Cheers Topi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CA5BB7.80EF7540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

"No indexers" on creating "New Shared Services Provider "
Hi to all, I've this problem, I what to create the new and first "Shared Services Provider", but on "Index Server" section I don't find any Index Server (in combo-box). What can I do? Where am I wrong? Bye Dario Concilio Make sure you configured and started the Search services. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Dario Concilio MCP" <dario.concilio@hotmail.it> wrote in message news:uhcKStDzKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi to all, > I've this problem, I what to creat...

Create Range from Range
Excel VBA: Let's say I have a range object set to be from B2:F6, and i need to make another range object to be the last row of my original range. (New range to be B6:F6) How would i go about doing this? I tried the .Resize option, but that only works from the top left cell of a range. DK VBA Code: -------------------- Set xxx = Range("B2:F6") Set yyy = xxx.Resize(1).Offset(xxx.Rows.Count - 1) yyy.Select -------------------- dksaluki;721668 Wrote: > Excel VBA: > Let's say I have a range object set to be from B2:F6, and i...

ability to create miscellaneous purchase orders
It would be nice to be able to create miscellaneous type purchase orders that do not need to follow a distribution type format. This PO type would just have a description field, you would not be required to receive the PO prior to matching the invoice, and you would be able to match multiple invoices to the PO based on the dollars, not the quantity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fol...

How to create mailbox for users from child domains?
We have a win2003 ADS with about 10 child domains located in different geographic locations. We have one exchanmge 2003 server running in the HQ for email. In each child domain, I don't want to setup a exchange server, instead I want to use HQ server for everybody. What Do I need to do to setup mailboxes for child domain users? Thanks, Rick You need to run exchange setup with /domainprep in every child domain where you want to setup mailboxes Nebojsa Seslija "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E77FF5-6AE5-41C9-9C9F-AD7033932C30@mic...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Creating a Form #2
Hi: I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the previous person's information before the next person fills ...

Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emailing
Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the client (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and pain free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse. Please assist. John Tell how how it was "easy" in Outlook 2003 and why it does not work the same in 2007? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: htt...

Data Consolidating Worksheets
When using data consolidation and clicking on the "create link to source data", when returning to the summary sheet and clicking on the + sign - I see the FILE name there instead of the SHEET tab the information came from (which doesn't make sense). Here's an example: RAIL TOURS is the total (which has the + next to it. When I click the +, I do not expect to see 2Travel1. I EXPECT to see that the the sheet called AFRICA, the 2nd from INDIA, etc. Instead, it's reflecting the name of the sheet. IF I click on 233,440 on my sheet - I see in the formula that it&...

How can i create a vignette effect on a photo in publisher
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.... big mysterious white space... eek! I can type in it! -- Ed Bennett http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignette_%28graphic_design%29 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23Qbq8477GHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.... big mysterious white space... > eek! I can type in it! > > -- > Ed...

can't create rules in outlook

outlook minimizes after moving messages to another folder
One of my users has a strange, annoying problem. When she uses the right-click "move to folder" function in Outlook 2002, the items are moved successfully but then whatever other window she has open pops to the foreground, outlook to the back. It doesn't exactly minimize outlook, as it's still full screen, but it does push the window back. None of the other users in this office (40 or so) have noticed this and I can't duplicate it on my PC. It just started happening a few days ago. Any ideas? Thanks for your help, Marya ...

create a line with 2 colours in visio
Hi How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? I cant figure out how to do it. What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown say for a plug colours. Thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Chris <cconnell_1@lycos.com> wrote: >Hi >How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? >I cant figure out how to do it. > >What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ >wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown...

creating mutiple worksheets
How do I create multiple worksheets (as in 100+) with minimal keystrokes? malvis, you could use a macro like this, Sub Add_Sheets() Worksheets.Add Count:=100 End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "malvis" <malvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2222EE3-35B7-402E-8A92-767D86B77A50@microsoft.com... > How do I create multiple worksheets (as in 100+) with minimal keystrokes? ...

creating offline db
Cant figure how to create offline db.when I follow the directions it says -"connect to SQL server first then create db" followed the instructs but but it tries to create this db on the server. THis needs to be on the I want it to be on the same PC as my RMS POS. Help please. THX From the register you are trying to create the offline database, you must first create the database in the same manner as you did for the main database From Store Operations Administrator 1) Connect to Server: (local) 2) Database > Create follow wizard Use either a backup of yo...

Black areas in PDF created from Publisher
When creating a PDF from Publisher 2007 many customers say when opened the document had a large number of black areas. Also, not all pages were present and the text seemed compressed in areas. Any idea what's the issue? How does the PDF look to you? How are you creating the PDF; with Publisher's pdf or third party pdf creator? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JimH" <JimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12DFE6D9-D136-49E3-9F5B-A22C1BD0F225@microsoft.com... > When creating a PDF from P...

How to create a new IE window?
Hi, If there was already an IE window open for google.com, ShellExecute(NULL, _T("Open"), www.yahoo.com, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL) would replace the google homepage with yahoo homepage. How can I programmatically keep the open IE window for google homepage and create a new IE window for yahoo homepage. Your help would be greatly appreciated. -- Nothing impossible, Nothing easy On Mar 15, 9:41 am, NianHawk <NianH...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote: > Hi, > If there was already an IE window open for google.com, ShellExecute(NULL, > _T("Open"),www.yahoo.com,...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Create random file
Hi, I wish create a large random file (for testing copy in powershell between servers on WAN) i'm using a get-random function but it's very slow. A file can have a size of 1-5 Gb Do you have ideas for accelerate this program? Thanks and happy new year. My tiny program function GenChaine([int]$n) # G�n�ration d'une chaine al�atoire de n caract�res { $caracteres = "a|z|e|r|t|y|u|i|o|p|q|s|d|f|g|h|j|k|l|m|w|x|c|v|b|n" $caracteres += "A|Z|E|R|T|Y|U|I|O|P|Q|S|D|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|W|X|C|V|B|N" $caracteres += "0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9&...