create dataset from stored procedure

I  have a tsql stored procedure I want to drag from server explorer onto an
xsd file. I get the error ' xml schema could not be interpreted'.  The stored
procedure does a select from a udf, that's it.

"vickilynnpgc" <vickilynnpgc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I  have a tsql stored procedure I want to drag from server explorer onto an
> xsd file. I get the error ' xml schema could not be interpreted'.  The
> stored
> procedure does a select from a udf, that's it.

Are you sure you posted to the correct newsgroup?

John

0
John
9/14/2006 1:02:27 AM
i guessed on the newsgroup, more details follow, could you suggest which
newsgroup i go to?

i'm working in visual studio, .net, and i'm having trouble with a dataset.
this dataset has 4 tables, 3 of which fill fine, the 4th table fails (used to
work fine). reviewed the xml for the table, looks fine as far as i can tell.

so, i created a new, empty dataset and tried to create a table in it by
dropping the stored procedure onto it. fails with the error ' xml schema
could not be interpreted'.  rewrote the stored procedure a couple different
ways, no luck.

>i guessed on the newsgroup, more details follow, could you suggest which
> newsgroup i go to?

The problem happens when you take an action in Visual Studio, so I'd look at
the Visual Studio newsgroups. Maybe there's one that has to do with the data
tools.

John

0
John

how to create a Lineweaver-Burke graph in Excel
I have to create a graph of enzyme inhibition values and I was told to use Lineweaver-Burke graph for this. the closest thing i have found is found here http://www.usm.maine.edu/~rhodes/Goodies/EnzKinNsr.html. yet i cant figure out how to plot. Create a column of the value "S" Create a column of Vo for experiment 1. Create a column of Vo for experiment 2, etc. Create your X values as 1/S. To be consistent with this example, make sure your units are the same. Calculate Y1 from Vo experiment 1 Calculate Y2 from Vo experiment 2. Start on that and come back when you have tha...

How to post an email message created in Outlook to a newsgroup
Hi, I need to be able to create an email message using Outlook 2003 and on the to/cc list to include a variety of email recipients and newsgroups. Can this be done - i.e. "post" to a newsgroup an email message created in Outlook? PS - I have been able to do this with other email clients. Thanks. ...

Problem creating new customeraddress records
We're trying to write a data migration tool using the 3.0 SDK to migrate some data to CRM 3.0. I am getting an error when assigning a GUID (of type 'contact') to the parent id field *of the custommeraddress* class: ****************** customeraddress_add.parentid = new Lookup(); customeraddress_add.parentid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString(); customeraddress_add.parentid.Value = new Guid(snew_contactid); TargetCreateCustomerAddress target = new TargetCreateCustomerAddress(); target.CustomerAddress = customeraddress_add; CreateRequest create = new CreateRequest(); create.Target ...

Create a border of wrapping text?
Does anyone know how to create a border of text that would wrap around the page (horizontal on top, then 90 degrees on the right, upside down on the bottom, and another 90 degrees up the left side) I have made text boxes and overlayed other objects to force it to wrap the text around the object, but none of the text wrapping choices will do what I want Any help appreciated Thanks John ...

Creating a dropdown list
How do I create a dropdown list in a cell within Excel? Debra Dalgleish's web page should have all the info you need to get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Len" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cb01c3fa59$1a70a890$a001280a@phx.gbl... How do I create a dropdown list in a cell within Excel? Try MVP Debra D's nice coverage at: http://www.conte...

Creating bookmarks via VBA
Dear experts: I wonder whether the following is possible I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names: text1 (bookmark name: product_de) text2 (bookmark name: product_en) text3 (bookmark name: product_es) text4 (bookmark name: product_fr) text5 (bookmark name: product_it) I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andrea...

Creating a new workbook that has this feature....
Hi all, My boss wants a spread sheet created that will tally all the factors into one area. For example: Accidents Injuries Accidents with injuries Reportable accidents Total damages Just to name a few things. Now what I want to do is have it set up like an Attendance Log sheet we currently use. Problem is I can't find the formula it uses for some parts. Again Example it has on it: Absent Vacation Sick Leave Bereavement Floating Holiday Personal Day What I can't figure out, (with or without Excel help files), is when yo...

trying to create a rent roll
Hi all, I'm trying to create a basic apartment rent roll, so over a 10-year period I can track projected rent growth in multiple units. Down the left hand column are my units, and across the top row are my months. My problem is getting a formula to increase the rents every 12 months, for instance. As well, since different units have different lease dates, the increases will be a different times. Help! zach ...

Creating column
I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Hi, Type 2001 in any one cell (say G1) and then in G2, type =G1+1. COpy this formula down -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6850AC6B-AD98-4AE3-9ABA-D81D06583052@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. > > Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ...

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

Cannot view a Sharepoint Site I created.
I installed the HelpDesk template from the AllTemplates.exe on SBS2008. I have Sql2005 and WSS 3.0 I can view the HelpDesk site from SBS2008. I can't view the HelpDesk site from my laptop but I can view OWA and the IIS7.0 default website from my laptop. The message I'm getting is 404 File or Directory not found. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have the DHCP setup from the Server (Meaning the SBS is doing the DHCP Services?) If so enable them And on your laptop what is the DNS on it? (it should be the laptop) Also what about other system access? yes no? ...

SFOC: Only 250 contacts created
When I synch my SFOC with CRM, only about 250 contacts are created in Outlook. There are 698 contacts in CRM. I thought that by default all of the CRM contacts were created in Outlook. Can anyone tell me why I am only getting 250? I thought it was only records that you owned.........?? are all 698 under your control? -Gary "Dave" <davefrick@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:uWJJhD8gEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I synch my SFOC with CRM, only about 250 contacts are created in > Outlook. > > There are 698 contacts in CRM. > > I thought tha...

how do I open documents created in publisher on my Ipaq 2495
I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a message that tells me to run the application first. What does this mean? I can open a document created with Word. I don't think the there is a mobile version of Publisher. At least I've never heard of one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "becki" <becki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E0C792F-9BF1-4C01-AB99-0462A22399A1@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a > message that tells me to run the app...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...

any method for creating folders on the fly?
I own a domain, and I sign up at individual sites using that domain@mydomain.com- so I can see who sells me down the river. my host sends these all to me at a different address- they still come as though addressed to the address I put in. the regular ones, most of these I have setup to go into their own folders.-- but I make new ones EVERY day. I'd like to create a rule (and I realize stock outlook can't do this) that says "move all emails sent to anyaddress@mydomain.com to folder anyaddress" and "create that folder if it does not exist." anyone? am I i...

Creating a form for a Password
I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On the form I have a text box that accepts the user's password and I have 2 command buttons one is OK and the other is CANCEL. Can anyone tell me how to make these buttons work to open the form of reports? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:52:00 -0700, mrsgwen wrote: > I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the > password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On > the form I have a text b...

Creating Modeless Dialogs continually causing application to grow
I have a dialog applicatin that needs to create modeless dialogs over and over again. The main application waits for the modeless dialog to finish, then repeats the procedure. I've written a simple test application that seems to exhibit the same symptoms. Main Dialog with some code removed to simplify: ( NOTE: CModelessDemoDlg::OnBnClickedButton1() is used to begin the test of creating modeless dialogs) CModelessDemoDlg::CModelessDemoDlg(CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CModelessDemoDlg::IDD, pParent) , m_pmodeless(NULL) , m_text(_T("")) { m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Ability to create formula to calculate benefit or deduction code
Would like to use a benefit or deduction based on a formula to calculate the amount instead of choosing only a flat amount or % as it is currently set up in GP version 9. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...

Why doesn't the code create a column stacked chart?
Hi again...im sorry to ask for help so much, but charts vba is tricky ... I try to create a column stacked chart of three bars containing each three different values, much like Andy Pope's http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm The CHT_21QSBA_S, CHT_21QSBA_B and CHT_21QSBA_A ranges are each three different cells (name CHT_21QSBA_S = A1,B5,Q3) and I thought this together with stating charttype=xlcolumnstacked should create a stacked chart - but it make 9 bars instead... Why? .... Set cht = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("R_Q_" & Sheet1.Range("RAPP_TILLF").Value ...

can i create formula giving totals based on financial & text info
Am i able to create a formula that gives me monetray totals for expenditure on hotels, split into totals for 6 varying business sectors? ...

Payabales 2008 closing procedures
HI, Does anyone out there have a step by step guide on closing 2008 payables, what i got from kb isn't real clear. One question I have is how do I post invoices I get in January to 12-2008, do I have to keep the year open in order to do this, any help would be great, Thanks Jim Most firms post the payables invoices to the GL effective the date received, incurring the debt the date the invoice is received, but with the original document date. The document date is used to calculate the payment due date while the posting date is simply the date the debt is recognized. As for detailed...

Stored Procedure Execution Results (Succeed/Fail)
What is the best way to launch a Stored Procedure in a module to determine its Execution Result? The way that I've been doing it is by Docmd.RunSQL("Exec SP_Name"). I'm not sure if it executes successfully though. Thank you CurrentDb.Execute "....", DAO.DbSeeChanges Debug.Print CurrentDb.RecordsAffected HtH Pieter "S.Clark" <SClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F66B5DE7-BB6D-461E-9DA4-F39734557968@microsoft.com... > Use ADO to create a command object. I think you'll have more granular > control over the executio...

How can I create a NEW PROFILE OFFICE 2003
I have a Profile which is causing problems with my PST. I was told to create a new profile to use but NOT to create a new one by COPYING the old one. I know how to creat a New profile but HOW CAN I EASILY IMPORT THE EMAIL DATA FROM THE OLD PROFILE TO THE NEW ONE , other than retyping all of the email accounts over again. I have several accounts. I dont know if simply making a COPY of the old profile except that by doing so may simply create a bad profile all over again. You can't, if you want a clean profile (and you do). Just recreate the Email accounts. It can't be that...

how do i create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel?
I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel? hi "Philhegele" Try posting in an Outllook forum. Maybe they will be more helpfull. Greetings from France Dav "Philhegele" <Philhegele@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:D31EF446-D6BA-45E7-A766-EC3400CF3B26@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in >excel? ...