Converting multi line flat file records to XML

Similar to my earlier post I have a different flat file that has mutiple
lines that make up different entitties of a single record and I need to
convert this to XML.

For example, line 1 is  Customer billing information, line 2 is Customer
shipping information, line 3 is Order information (#, date, totals etc...)
and line 4...n is Order line items (item#, qty, unit price, line total). At
line n+1 the second customer billing information repeats...

What is the best way to convert this to XML? I came across some products/
libraries in the java world for similar stuff - XFlat from Unidex
http://www.unidex.com/ , Xi (http://www.ananas.org/xi/) and ServingXML
(http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/) to do similar stuff.

Are there anything in the .NET side?

TIA

deleted pst file still appears
Outlook XP, SP-2. I moved my .pst file to another drive by copying it, adding the copy to Outlook, and making the new one the default for my email account. OK so far. Then I removed the original data file and restarted Outlook. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. I deleted the actual file to see if Outlook would realize it wasn't there. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. When i try to close the obsolete item from the folder list pane, I get a "The operation failed. "An object cannot be found" dialog. Mail...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Two Onenote windows on startup (command line switch)
Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup: - A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues here. - The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new On...

Problem Converting HTML to Access
I have Access 97... When I link an HTML document to my Access table, the list shows that the information is there, but the cells are blank. The names show up only when I highlight a cell. Ex. I have 300 names and the list will say 1 out of 300, but no names will appear in the cell. It is just blank. Any suggesstions as to why this is happening? My first thought is that the HTML code in each cell of the table starts with something (e.g. a <BR> tag) that Access is interpreting as a linebreak or empty line. "rblivewire" <rblivewire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

Horizontal Lines/Graphics

CSV formatted text file to Excel
Hi all, I am writing a small VC++ application of how to import the CSV formatted ..txt file to excel. I am facing problem while parsing the text file. "TicketNo","CarNo","PersonAge" 12534 , 763534 , 23 12345 , 624333, 24 The problem is in MFC there is a SetValue2(CoeVariant:column data) method in which if i will pass an array(12534) then it will be imported to excel.For example IfI will search for the "employee number" field in text file then the values passed to SetValue2()should be 12543 and 12345.But Using C++ I cannot do so as I...

link to specific sheet in excel file which contains points and spaces
I am trying to make a link in Acces to an Excel file. This excel file contains several sheet with different names. My form in Access has a field that corresponds to the name of the excel sheets (Formname in script). When the name in the form contains points or spaces my link to the sheet with the same name does not work. I tried to put brackets [] on either side of the name, but then linking does not work at all. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Code (works when Formname.Value does not contain spaces or points etc): Private Sub CommandActionRegister3_Click() Dim Locatio...

XML Map
Hi all, I import XML data into a worksheet, and choose a mapping name, but I have no idea how to change the path so that it is dynamic. I've been trying to find a way to set my mapping paths to dynamic, so that when I move the folder that contains the xl file and xml files, the mapping path still works. Help :) Cheers, Grant. I'm not sure you can make it 'dynamic' per se but you can write code to change. Here's a sample of changing the bound xml document. ActiveWorkbook.XmlMaps(1).DataBinding.LoadSettings ("C:\Services Proposal.xml") -- Charles...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Traversing XML with Linq to XML
Hi I am struggling to navigate an XElement and I'm not sure what is going wrong. Here's my XML via vb's xml literals Dim l_testSchema = _ <Mappings> <Definitions> <ItemGroup> <Parent>Table</Parent> <Name>Name</Name> </ItemGroup> <Item> <Parent>Column</Parent> <Name>Name</Name> &l...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Multi touch does not work sometimes
I'm developping the HID KMDF minidriver for USB multi touch device. This driver uses continus reader for sending the multi touch report. This driver works correctly in normal way but when plug and unplug USB with PC repeatly (many times), multi touch does not work. I traced the driver on WinDBG, driver response the IOCTL_HID_READ_REPORT correctly. I should resolve this problem. Please advice me. I think this problem is caused by communicatiion between driver and continous reader. My driver store report id should be read by continuos reader on first 2 IOCTL_HID_READ_REPOR...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

Mapping Associated Entities when Converting a Lead to an Account
I have a Lead record that, over time, has had one or more items from a custom entity (Many-to-1 relationship) associated with it. (This is somewhat akin to multiple Contacts associated to a single Account record.) When I convert the Lead to an Account, I would like those associated records to also be associated with the newly-created Account record. Is this possible? Something similar is happening when creating a quote from an Opportunity. In this situation, the associated product items are associated with the new quote. So, I'm hoping that it can be done in other situations....

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...