Converting From ADO.Net XML to ADO problem

Using the method described in Microsofts Knowledge Base article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316337
to convert an XML file created by a DataSet into an XML file read by
ADO.

This seems pretty straight forward and the ADO recordset *opens*
without error, however it's quite empty.  Any attempt to use it (e.g.
MoveFirst or RecordCount) causes an E_FAIL error.  The translated XML
file has lots of data when viewed with a browser.

The code is below...

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
try
{
   SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM MyTable",
SqlConn);
   da.Fill(ds, "MyTable");
   da.FillSchema(ds.Tables["MyTable"], SchemaType.Source);

   ConvertDStoRS.ConvertToRs converter = new
ConvertDStoRS.ConvertToRs();
   long res = converter.GetADORS(ds, "MyDB", "DC.XSL", DC.XML");
   if (res == 1)
   {
      ADODB.Recordset rs = new ADODB.RecordsetClass();
      rs.Open(path + @"\DriveCam.XML", Type.Missing,
ADODB.CursorTypeEnum.adOpenStatic,ADODB.LockTypeEnum.adLockOptimistic,
-1);
      int rcnt = rs.RecordCount;
   }
}
catch (Exception ex) {}

Thanks in advance.
0
eanady (1)

Pset method in VB.net
Hi all, I have a picturebox with a customized Scale and I want to plot a point on it. In the old VB6 it was very simple : Picturebox1.Scale (-0.5,0.5)-(0.5,-0.5) ' customized scale coordinates in my sample Picturebox1.Pset (x,y), color Now (after same searching) I found the method to set a customized Scale in VB.NET (ScaleTransform and TranslateTransform) but 'm not able to draw the Points. I can draw Lines,rectangles in such scale without any problems but not Points. For example in my scale how to draw a Point in the (0.1, 0.2) position/coordinates? I tried...

Challenging Problem
OK Guys, I am stumped here once again. I am trying to figure out how to look up formats on another worksheet and paste the format (color) to my current table ONLY if there's a match. This is the match that I have, but I only want it to implement the color of the cell, and not the value, and only to do so if there's a match and not otherwise. =LOOKUP(C$5,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C$3:$IT$3,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C4:$IT4) Anyone have any direction on what the vb code would look l...

[ANN] XMLmind FO Converter v4.0
XFC v4.0 has been released. This version is a major breakthrough as it brings support of Office Open XML (MS-Word 2007 native format) as alternate output format. As usual, Personal Edition is freely available from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/download.shtml>, and Professional Edition upgrade is available to eligible customers from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/upgrade.html>. Personal Edition users, please note that Personal Edition license terms have changed drastically compared with version 3.1. Except in a few special cases Personal Edition may no longer be used fo...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

Problem of DGV multi-row selection
Hi everyone I have a problem of DataGridView's multi-row selection behavior. When holding the ctrl key down and DGV's selecttionmode had set to FullRowSelect, user could select multiple rows by click on those rows. And, when user click on a row which already had been selected the row would been deselected. The problem is this select/deselect is based on "mouse down" event instead of "mouse click" event, I mean even before user release the left key the row already had been selected/deselected, which is not an ideal behavior to initialize a drag dro...

.net framework XSLT processor appears to be broken
I stumbled upon this while developing a custom XPathNavigator. It appears that copy action for attributes is broken in the .net framework XSLT processor. The intent was to just copy the entities and attributes from the source XML into the output using simple "identity" like XSLT: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"> <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/> <xsl:template match="/ | @* | node()"> <xsl:copy> <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node...

Urgent Send email problem!!!
OK Techies; this is a baffler! Neither Netscape-7.1 nor Outlook-2000 send emails from my desktop. I can receive from any email client but can't send from the client. I can send form my ISP's Webserver, but not from my desktop client. I'm using Verizon DSL. Everything else (HW / SW) on the PC works fine; P-3 1 GHz. w/512 Mb. RAM - 80 Gb HD; running Win2k-Pro SP4. It seems as though port 25 (SMTP) is blocked somehow. I tried another DSL modem; no change.It's obviously not the modem, or is it the email client-app (I've used several). I've tried sending with and...

Problem with Conditional format deletion
I have the followint formula in a conditional format. =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address"))) I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in yellow. I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste data about the spreadsheet. I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the active cell highlighted. Hi if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Convert activity (email, letter, etc) to case bug?
When converting any activity to a case in CRM 4.0, using the default Convert To Case button, I noticed the case's picklist caseorigincode not being set properly. This picklist holds values matching the activity types, such as email and letter. Is there a way to set this using relationships, workflow or whatever? I did notice that my picklist values are all above 200.000, and I cannot set them to something like 1,2,3. Perhaps these old values are registrered for such a mapping. Unfortunately, they were deleted some time ago and reset again. Anyone? -- CRM consultant ...

Problem with ifstream
Hello I am using the fstream.h header included with Visual C++ .NET 2003. I create an object of the type ifstream which I use the function load to load a file into the stream. Now what function can be used to tell me when the end of file has been reached? Thanks in advance Sincerely James Simpso Straightway Technologie http://www.straightwaytech.com ...

Permissions problem
After I have created a user, that user is unable to create a profile unless they are a member of the Domain Admins group. The error that is returned is "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid." I believe the bookmark it is referring to is returned by ADO when the program is trying to access the Active Directory, but I'm not certain. I think it is a problem with the permissions, but I don't know where to look. Any help? SBS2003, Exchange2003 ...

Problems with MFC using CAsyncSocket::
Snippet from my code. Being a client connected to a Server, I have 3 member functions below to use. OnClose, OnConnect and OnReceive. If I were to loose the connection to the server I have no knowledge of it. Any ideas, how I can get notified when I loose my connection to the Server? Also, when I poll the "sock.m_SockStatus" it doesn't give me an error as well. Beging a newbie at this, any help is surely appreciated. Thanks! JT //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// / // mysock member functions void mysock::OnClose(int nErrorCode) { ...

Font problem in property Sheet
I am working on a project, in whihc i am using the propertysheet. I am using bitmap(bilbilt) as backgrpound in each of dialog of property sheet. When i am running the application in English US OS it is working fine but in case of japanese OS the back groud image(bitmap)is not coming correctlty. I think this is font problem, Because default font is change from US OS to Japanese. Because of font change dialog width is increasing and height is decreasing. How we can stop to increase in Width and Decrease in height. Essentially, while you can, it is a Really Bad Idea. Using bitmaps as backgr...

problem in saving folder as .onepkg in ON2010(beta)
First of all as a fresh member I'd like to shout BIG Hello to everyone in this busy forum! Now to my first question. After installation of onenote 2010beta I decided that instead of converting all my folders I will make a grand overhaul of them. Thus I moved most of my sections from old folders into a one new folder (2010 compatible). So I did as I planned without any difficulty. The cherry on my ice cake was going to be a creation of extra backup - independent of the default one (you know just in case :wink:). After choosing option 'save as' to Onenote Package (onepkg)...

Convert data type
I have a document that was forwarded to me in the United States from our sister company in Italy and the qtys are being referenced as shipping, '4,0000 (formatted as text) in the cells where I requested 4ea be shipped. I know that they are really meaning that they shipped 4ea but I have an entire spread sheet of about 5000 items that I would like to compare against my actual request to be sure the entire order was completed. I have tried to "format column" to "number", but it multiplies and populates the field as 40,000. Does anyone have any idea how I can...

Convert Unicode .pst to ANSI .pst
I received a ".pst is not compatible" error message when I tried to open an Outlook 2003 .pst file in Outlook 2002. I need to convert the file from a Unicode-formatted .pst file to an ANSI-formatted .pst file, BUT I don't have access to Outlook 2003 anymore. Any suggestions? If not, is there a reputable service where for a small fee I could email my file (only 12MB) and they convert it and then send it back to me? Can you get the trial edition and use that to convert it to the 97-2002 version? If not, you can send it to me. mookietcat at millmeister.com --� Milly Stap...

Norton Internet Security 2010 compatibility problem?
I'm having assorted problems with both Windows Live Mail (current version) and Windows Mail; some information from a Norton/Symantec chat technician indicates that WLM is not compatible with NIS 2010 and WM is not fully compatible. I only installed NIS 2009 after seeing information that is known to be compatible with WM, and assumed that upgrading to NIS 2010 and/or installing WLM would not cause any new problems. Should this assumption be revised? Robert Miles I use Windows Security Essentials. The technician is not correct. NIS 2010 is not compatible with WLM. ...

problem opening excell
When I go to open excell, windows installer starts. It then prompts that I need Windows Office 2000 CD. I have Windows XP on my computer and do not have a Windows Office CD. What do I do? Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MikeH116 wrote: > When I go to open excell, windows installer starts. It > then prompts that I need Windows Office 2000 CD. I have > Windows XP on my computer and do not have a Windows > Office CD. What do I do? ...

Special converting of string date&time to date format
Hi there, Working with a file and all my dates and times appear as one long text string shown below that I would like to convert to date and time format so that I can manipulate the data anyway I like. Data appears as follows: .. cell A1: 10/1/2011 2:20:00 PM cell A2: 1/18/2011 2:20:00 AM I have tried many different ways and sometimes it works. The problem is when the date and month are not 2 digits. As you see the date or the month can be 1 or 2 digits. How do I convert it so that it works no matter what.. this works only when the month and date are both 2 digits =DATE(...

Vlookup problem #4
Hi I have a set of data where colum A has a lerner Name Column B has the different units that learner is enrolled for Example English, Maths, Physics, Biology (Max 4 units for each learner). Column C has marks for each unit. So one learner can have 4 Rows and 3 columns, now when i want to lookup function, I want it to lookup for a learner Garry and find his marks in each unit. How can i do it? Please help, it will be much appriciated.! Thanka Does sorting the data by learning bring up the results you're looking for? "Garry" wrote: > Hi > I have a set of data where c...

Installer Cleanup Utility problems
Running XP Pro SP3 and Office SR-1 Premium. After installing then uninstalling a buggy program, Office advised "This program must be installed to run...etc." Initially I tried Add/Remove Programs-Change-Repair and Re-install, but no change. The date of last use is reflected as 08/02/2008! Then Installer warned "The patch package could not be opened...". After reading kb and forum info, downloaded and installed Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe. During installation the following errors occur: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} In...

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...