Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset

I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of
converting an XML document to a dataset.

I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I  am loading the
Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date.
Currently the dates are being treated as strings.
0
ree32 (9)

ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>...
> I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of
> converting an XML document to a dataset.
>
> I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I  am loading the
> Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date.
> Currently the dates are being treated as strings.

Anyonee ???
0
ree32 (9)

XML that one of its elements has line break.
Hello, I am using access as my database, One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. Can I convert line break to something readable in XML ? Is there any function for that ? Thanks :) Same thing. Any character, be it ascii or unicode has it's place or number. If Access bitches, it is Access and not Calculus. "Mr. x" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:uaYLyYxeDHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using access as my database, > One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. > Can I convert line b...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

variable field width
I need to display client name and associated address information. There are three rows of data which are taken from the contacts table. The field boxes are all fixed in width, I want to make the width dependant on the data length, and if the field data are short, the boxes would leave no extra white space. I may have several field boxes in a row, and I would like the boxes to go right next to one another without spaces, so each field box position is anchored to the end of the previous field box. How would I implement this? John. John D. wrote: > I need to displ...

convert COleSafeArray to SAFEARRAY*
I have a function which takes a SAFEARRAY* as parameter. I have my data stored in a COleSafeArray and need to convert it a SAFEARRAY. Has anyone got any ideas how i can acheive this? Andy AS wrote: > I have a function which takes a SAFEARRAY* as parameter. I have my data > stored in a COleSafeArray and need to convert it a SAFEARRAY. > > Has anyone got any ideas how i can acheive this? > Andy LPCVARAINT pcVariant = (LPCVARIANT)myCOleSafeArray; SAFEARRAY *pArray = pcVariant->parray; Check the MFC source code for things like COleSafeArray::operator== etc. ...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Convert number pad decimal to comma decimal separator
Hi, One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our app that would interpret a number pad decimal keystroke as a comma decimal separator. Whilst I could subclass the various number entry controls, dialog, grid, currency, plain number ect, I was hopeful that a application wide method could be found, utilising WM_KEYUP / WM_KEYDOWN. I have looked at using ProcessMessageFilter, but not had much success. Does anyone know how this may be acheived? Many thanks, Mike Stoodsmj wrote: > One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our > app that w...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

My Microsoft office will not convert to the full product,
I go to convert it, and enter my product key, then click install, and it says shut down all 2007 office products, so i do and go back in to activate, and it just says to convert again. ...

Bullets in field not indenting
I have a field in my table tblCourses. One of the fields in that table, a memo field, is memCourseOutcomes. So the table contains the courses we have and that field contains (as suspected :)) the course outcomes but in bullet form. I want to use this table's fields in a report but i want those bullets to show as bullets (indented appropriately). Now in the table design i see there is an option to change the field to "Rich Text" - Is that what im suppose to do? IMO, I would normalize the table structure so you didn't store multiple course outcomes in a si...

Dates as text
using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so that the cell will read "Column Heading Date", but the date is showing as a number rather than a date. I want the cell to contain both txt (column heading), and a date. How do I format it to do so? assuming your date is in cell A1: ="heading text "&DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1) -- hope to help, cm "lightbulb" wrote: > using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so > that the ce...

onchange with lookup fields
Hi people, I'm trying to create a script using onchange() which would copy one lookup1 field to another lookup2 field. When I'm writing crmform.lookup2name.value = crmform.lookup1name.value nothing happens. But if I'm adding a string "alert(crmform.lookup2name.value)" then I receive ID for lookup1. So, I think mapping between fields has done. But in the web form lookup2 field does not populate. Is somebody know solution? -- Best regards, Alexander Baskakov Hi, how is your exact syntax? crmForm.CFPsomething.value == "somethingmore" Did you use 2 =? Reg...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

string concatenation
Please help me with this task: I would like to define each "cell value" a string of chars with a code name (for example, cell A1: coded name="101", val="The"; cell A2: code name=102, val="quick"; cell A3: coded name=103, val="brown"; cell A4 coded name=104, val="fox", etc.) Then some how on Cell B9 for example, I want to define this formular: "101" + "102" + "103" + "104" so that I can have the visible value in Cell B9 as: "The quick brown fox" And Cell B10, for example, anothe...

date reference
hi all, can a single cell accomodate TWO different DATES, and yet refer to them in formulas? i tried having in A1 [from 07/04/01 to 10/15/03] and by using right(left(a1,13),8) to extract data starting from 07/04/01, and right(a1,8) also to refer to end of period selected at 10/15/03. always i get a zero anwser or error. thanks for any help Hi what is the exact value in cell A1 and what are your exact formulas? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "excelFan" <excelFan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3D423A44-6973-4A31-89B8-38321957...

Reference field in Distribution Query
Hi there, I am using GP10.0. While using Distribution Query, i have selected "Refrence" (8) as one of column. I expecting "Distribution Refrence" from General Ledger Entry should be populated. But i am not getting it. (It is showing Blank values in Excel. I am sure we are having Distribution Refrence in GL entries) Can you pls. let me know, Is my understanding correct? And also in Distribution Query how we can bring Distribution Refrence from G/L entries? Thanks, Loganathan S Logu, Distributioin reference field is available in GL10001 (GL_TRX_LINE...

how do I delete a blank second page on a document I have saved
I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints out every time I print the document. How do I delete tat page without deleting my saved document? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Butter" <Butter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03F3F53-78F9-4873-97F0-961A7A311FA8@microsoft.com... >I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints >out > every time I print th...

Modified date
Please can anyone tell me how I can place in a cell on a sheet the date the workbook was last modified? Thanks Shane. Create a UDF '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function DocProps(prop As String) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Application.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell such as =DocProps ("last author") or =DocProps ("last sa...

Pulling calculated field from subform
I have a person table that is the parent table. I have a child table that has a date, a series of yes/no fields, and a risk category that is a calculated field based on certain combinations of the y/n fields. The y/n fields will be logged monthly by date with some interest in the historical data. I want to transfer the risk category that is associated with the most recent date to a query of the main data set. Example, My main form and report will be laid out similarly: NAME SSN DEMOGRAPHIC DATA RISK CATEGORY (pulled from most recent date below) date c1 c2 c...

BCC field #3
Hi If I put people in the bcc field when the person receives the mail it doesn't say who it is to. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks Shona In message <<c7d4vk$plg$2@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com>> "SS" <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> did ramble: >If I put people in the bcc field when the person receives the mail it >doesn't say who it is to. Is there a way of doing this? No. You just discovered the whole point of the BCC field. -- Ah, the miracle mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's not a single church or library to offend the ...

Using a txt string in formulae
Right this is an anoying little beggar but probably simple and im failing to see the wood from the trees so to speak ! right i have a workbook with multiple sheets and a front sheet the front sheet reports results of counts from the other sheets using =COUNT(sheet1!A:A) and =COUNTIF(Sheet1E:E,"Neg room") and other similair formula my question is this In column A i have the name of the sheet so I.E. A1=sheet1 which hyperlinks to the named sheet and columb B has the first formulae and so on and so on! my question is is there a way i can add the Word name of the sheet the Count form...

what type of chart?
Hello, I'm having a hard time finding the right chart in excel to use. I need one that is essentially a line chart - but that also charts unique events events a long the way (time), showing how those unique events (I was hoping to list the words vertically on this one in different colors) affect the line or lines flowing along the items. Sort of like an event-driven line chart for stocks on the Google stock quotes/graphs. So X - time, Y, a decimal variable from 1-10. But with unique variable (names that appear along the time axis). I've never charted in Excel before so any help ...