Control for nested XML Data

I want to show the content of the xml with a control which allows to show the nodes in a nested way. I don't want to use DataGrid
which shows the nodes in a tabular form. Is there any suitable control for me? Thanks.

--
My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
honfung3 (17)

Can you elaborate on your requirements?  Is this for a web application or a
desktop application?

If it is for the web, then one way might be to display the XML in an IFRAME.
The XML will appear just as it does when you load up an XML document using
IE.  You might also bind the XML to a treeview control.  The IE TreeView Web
Control provides functionality for doing this over the web.

--
Kirk Allen Evans
www.xmlandasp.net

"Franz" <honfung3@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> I want to show the content of the xml with a control which allows to show
the nodes in a nested way. I don't want to use DataGrid
> which shows the nodes in a tabular form. Is there any suitable control for
me? Thanks.

> --
> My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site :
www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
kaevans (29)
7/20/2003 7:37:41 PM
TreeView is enough to me right now.

--
My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php

"Kirk Allen Evans" <kaevans@nospamxmlandasp.net> ���g��l��s�D:OHpOkZvTDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Can you elaborate on your requirements?  Is this for a web application or a
> desktop application?
>
> If it is for the web, then one way might be to display the XML in an IFRAME.
> The XML will appear just as it does when you load up an XML document using
> IE.  You might also bind the XML to a treeview control.  The IE TreeView Web
> Control provides functionality for doing this over the web.
>

> --
> Kirk Allen Evans
> www.xmlandasp.net
> Read my web log at http://weblogs.asp.net/kaevans
>

> "Franz" <honfung3@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> > I want to show the content of the xml with a control which allows to show
> the nodes in a nested way. I don't want to use DataGrid
> > which shows the nodes in a tabular form. Is there any suitable control for
> me? Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site :
> www.franzwong.com/Home.php

0
honfung3 (17)

Checking Data Change on Close
I want a data editing form to check for any changes when an exit button is clicked. So here is the following code that I have done. (I always get Run Time Error 13. Type Mismatch) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Private Sub Form_Close() If Me.DataChange Then Dim strMsg As String Dim Cancel As Integer strMsg = "Data has changed." strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes?" strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save or No to Discard changes." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, &...

Graphing Multiple Data Points
What would be the best way to graph this and how? I've been trying to do a line graph because this is how we wanted it displayed but I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out. Sample Data Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Week 1 Occupancy 56% 65% 54% 75% 80% 82% 54% ADR $80.00 $85.00 $84.50 $86.50 $89.50 $84.26 $86.54 Week 2 Occupancy ADR Week 3 Occupany ADR Week 4 Occupancy ADR T...

Importing data & email from ACT! 6.0
Can someone tell me how this is done? I gather I should be able to go to Import, Import from another file or program, and then ACT! should be there as an option (but it is not). This is where I get stuck. if you are looking at importing data from outlook to act please find the attached link for more details http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/0/c2667caf1c0a2a0c88256c0f00512395?OpenDocum ent&Highlight=2,How,to,import,Outlook,in,ACT! -------------------- ====Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ====From: <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ====Sender: <anonymous@discussi...

Excel Pivottable using data in Access 2002
I have been using Access 2000 to hold tables with lots ( 200,000 rows ) of data. In Access 2000 you can make a Pivottable Form which starts Excel and really makes the pivottable there although the data actually stays in Access. Works great. I've recently gotten Access 2002 which tries to make the Pivottables itself. It's not as good. I want this new verson of Access to work with Excel like the old version. This new verson offers to let me "export" the pivottable, but that tries to start Excel and copy the data in and there's too much data for it to be able to do tha...

Merge and/or export data on excel spreadsheet
My boss as asked me to find out if I can use the data in an excel spreadsheet (Names & addresses and e-mail addresses) to convert to a label in word and also to use it to easily export the addresses in outlook to send updated materials. Instead of retyping the information each time you want a label or retyping the e-mail addresses each time you send a new promotion. Try this web page of David McRitchie's: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may be...

System.xml.xmlnode class and XSD file
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. I've done other web consuming client programs for services that passed datatables. This service i am trying to consume has it's function type as system.xml.xmlnode. When i added the web service, i thought it would generate an XSD for me, but it did not. It did for previous programs. I'm not sure if is supposed to. The service i am trying to consume is at: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

Static Control Curiosity
I noticed that if one gives a static control a unique ID, it will offer a BN_CLICKED event. It doesn't, however, respond. The MESSAGE_MAP does have what appears to be an appropriate entry. How, if at all, can one bring this control to life? Motivation: though almost all other functionality is gone, this would be an easy way to color a "button". Balboos "Balboos" <balboos@masonicbrother.com.No.Spam> wrote in message news:%Sffc.40827$467.10202411@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I noticed that if one gives a static control a unique ID, it will offer > a ...

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

open form with no data
Hi, I have a form on which i present al lot of data from a database. On the form is a comobox which i use to select the right record en present the data of this record on the form. When i open de form, de combobox is empty (which is good !) but the rest of the form is already filled with the data of a record in the database (which is not good). When i choose a record for the combobox, the form is filled with the data of that particular record (which is good). So the only problem i have is on opening the form. Is it possible to open the form without it being filled with data...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...

automatic data transfer
I have a workbook with a number of sheets in it. The first sheet is the main "data" sheet. It holds data in about 15 columns. The first column is a specific ID. The data varie but the number of possible ID's is only about 23. In addition to the main "data" sheet there are subsequent Sheets titled by each individual ID. What I would like to happen is for every time I enter data in the main "data" sheet to automatically be transferred to the subsequent sheets depending on the specific Id. ...

How do I keep chart/data link when copying worksheet
I have a worksheet for each month within a file - each worksheet has data tables, and some charts generated from that data. With Excel 2003, when I copied a worksheet within the same file (for example, to create the July sheet, by copying the June sheet) the charts in the new (copied) July sheet correctly linked to the July data. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the charts in the July sheet link back to the June data instead. I have looked through the options and cannot see how to do this. Is the data on the same sheet as the chart? In 2003, if the chart was on a different worksheet, ...

How/where to store my encoded HTML? In DB? In XML?
We have a parent-child table set up to maintain content. When this table is updated, I do a recursive call through the data and spit out an XML file. Then, when we want to display this content, I load up the XML file, attach the XSL file to it, and do the transformation via VB.net and send it off to the browser. The problem is that much of this content is HTML. As such, I'm storing it in the database as encoded HTML. I'm confused as to when/where I should decode it. For starters, I just grabbed the raw data from the DB, spit out the XML, and then in my XSL file, added a few ...

HITB Reset Tool Data Integrity has 38 pages of errors
I ran the inventory reconcile in the reset tool, then the data integrity and have 38 pages of error "open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." I checked one of the items in the IV10200 table and see that there is a 0 value for some of the records. How could an item have NO valuation method for a few records? This is a required field. The dates of these few records falls in the middle of the other data that has values. We've never changed our valuation methods, so is it safe to set these zeros to 1 to match our item card (ie FIF...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

post card mail merge from excel data base
2 post card files, 1st file is info for front of card, 2nd post card file has return address and is used with mail merge. Can print either file and the printer prints on every page. With mail merge selected printer prints on one page, skips a page and prints on the 3rd page. I assume that it is printing the blank first page of the 2nd file. Why, How do I get arround this? Printer is Dell 1600n w/ no duplexing option. ...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...

Checking if a cell is filled up with data
Hi! I would like to write a function that checks if a cell is empty or if it has any kind of data. The kind of datas (numbers or words or bocth) is irrelevant. The only thing that is important is whether or not the cell is empty. Has anyone an idea how I could write such a function? Thanks -- xpucto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xpucto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23748 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374119 =IF(A1="","",A1) Enter this f...

Inserting saved data that automatically changes
Hello all. Can someone please help me? I need to know how I can insert data saved to the clipboard so that the inserted data will change if the original data changes? What are the steps that I can take to do this? Thank you in advance, Darin Darin, Copy the cells, as usual. Paste using Paste Special (right click or Edit menu). Choose Paste link. Earl Kiosterud Mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period com. --------------------------------------------- "Darin" <mrmaj@mail.com> wrote in message news:002d01c3767a$4b9acdf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all. Can someone plea...

Xml Serialization 01-19-10
Hello, I have this class(Someone elses code): public class SerializableDictionary<TKey, TValue> : Dictionary<TKey, TValue>, IXmlSerializable .................... The class creates an object that resembles a Generic Dictionary and now I want to convert it to one (Generic Dictionary) Do I have to loop through the keys and values and add them to mine? Or is there an easier way? Thanks * coder316 wrote, On 19-1-2010 18:14: > Hello, > I have this class(Someone elses code): > public class SerializableDictionary<TKey, TValue> > > : Dicti...

Right justify moves data part way
As input, I have a spreadsheet, and I noticed that many of the columns, when right-justified only moved a portion of the way across the cell. Then I noticed that if I shrunk the cell and tried to left or right justify, it was possible that I would lose all or part of the data. Apparently, the column width is not being shrunk, per se, but moved. I am not familiar with this and would like to remove this function. -- hgopp99 See one reply in .newusers. Please don't post the same question to multiple groups. It tends to fragment your answers, and potentially wastes the time of thos...

showing document data
I am doing an experiment and am wondering if someone would tell me why the following OnDraw insertion does not display text. if(m_bFirstCall) if(pDoc->OnOpenDocument(_T("C:\\Testfile.txt") ) ) { m_bFirstCall = false; ::Beep(500,50); } UpdateWindow(); How is that going to display text? You will have to use the DrawText/TextOut(...) calls on the device context to display the text on a view. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OAs7j0B1GHA.4116@T...

Moving data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to move data from one worksheet to another - DATA SHEET - COST CODE DESCRIPTION M S O L 010000 Labor Summary 5,000 011700 Burden 1,000 011750 General Liability 500 011775 Data Processing 011900 Equipment Repairs 1,000 4,500 012000 Utilities 200 012100 FLC Equipment 5,000 012200 Non-Owned Equipment Rental 6,000 012220 Toilet Rental 1,190 This is how I want the result to look - SUMMARY SHEET Cost Code CT Description ...

Excel 2002 parameter query returns some blanks instead of data
Hello and thanks up front... (I'm going bonkers), It's invoice time, so in my "Job Records" file, I'm using a parameter query (Excel 02, Microsoft Query) to return only those records that occur in one specified month. In the original Excel "Job Records" file on which the query is based, one column of data, labeled "PO", lists purchase order names (e.g. "VBL" for a verbal Purchase Order) or numbers (e.g. "102509"). The column is automatically formatted by Excel as "General", and I just let it ride. A second co...