Compiling dataset using an XSD that has import and include tags

Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an
import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd. Is
it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or are
there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this
schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly
given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it  fails
saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me
know any information on this.
Thanks
Rupa
0
Rupa (2)

have you tried specifying all imported XSDs on the command line?

For example if A.xsd imports B.xsd, which imports C.xsd, then

  xsd.exe /d A.xsd B.xsd C.xsd

"Rupa" <Rupa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an
> import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd.
> Is
> it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or
> are
> there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this
> schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly
> given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it
> fails
> saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me
> know any information on this.
> Thanks
> Rupa

0
dinoch1 (221)

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Import contacts from ACT! 6.0 to Outlook
Hello. I'm trying to figure out A) if i can import my ACT contacts into outlook and B) how to do this. I'm also concerned about losing my current outlook address book if/when i do this import. can anyone help me please? :) Cathy In Outlook - click on File - Import/Export - choose Import from Another Program - choose ACT. (you will need to know where it is located on your system). Choose if you want to keep duplicates. Then click next. If you do not want them placed into the same contacts folder as your current contacts click on change destination then choose the folder you wou...

using MSXML4 and C++ ..
Hello everyone, I am using msxml4 and I am curious how I could about creating an element that looks something like <A attr1='a' attr2='b' /> By using the startElement and the endElement defined in http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/a2c70b1a-b2fe-4f5b-8e82-ce96e48bee79.asp I get something that looks like: <A attr1='a' attr2='b'></A> I was hoping it look like the top example. as of now, I have a ContentHandler and an Attribute Handler. any ideas? I have tried googling it and I haven't had any...

Import outlook contacts in CRM 1.2
If i input my contact from outlook 2003 into 2000 it's getting a real mess, all the information is standing at wrong places, does anybodt know how i can import it the 'good' way? Bob Schenk ...

Using Enter Key to move from field to field
I've created two forms in the same database. In the first form I must use Tab to move through the fields -- the second form allows the use of the Enter Key. How can I get the first form to accept the Enter Key? Right now if I push Enter by mistake in the first form it erases the text (but if I do "undo" the text is restored.). I can't find where to set this. FYI - I have a totally different database where the form also allows the Enter Key to be used to move from field to field. Thanks for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com...

Q: use STL container across the dll boundary?
Hi, Can I use STL container across the dll boundary? I call a function in another dll and pass the reference of a set as a parameter. But the data read from the set in that dll is inconsistent with the data in the calling dll. Is there a MFC 6.0 container matching the STL's set? Please help me out. Thanks. Tony Tony Young wrote: > Hi, > > Can I use STL container across the dll boundary? I call a function in > another dll and pass the reference of a set as a parameter. But the > data read from the set in that dll is inconsistent with the data in the > call...

use CSV as Database Files to generate Crystal Report
Hi all, I am trying to use CSV file as Database Files to generate Crystal Report. However, I am always prompted for user and password, which does not make sense. However, it works well with XML file. Could someone please help me on how to get the CSV file to work? Thank you very much. regards, Sean You'd be better of posting to a newsgroup regarding Crystal. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:44:26 -0800, "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi al...

Exporting users calenders in Exchange 5.5 using Exmerge
Was wondering if there is a way to export only user's calendars on an Exchange 5.5 server using Exmerge. The version of Exmerge that seems to work with 5.5 doesn't do calendar export...( this is our backup plan before running the DST TZMOVE stuff that is giving us a rainbow of results on our test environment. Thanks for any help here... -- On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:53:02 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote: >Was wondering if there is a way to export only user's calendars on an >Exchange 5.5 server using Exmerge. > >The version of Ex...

Bug: Cannot import brokerage statement
I just installed Money 2005 and then added my 401k account (Prudential Investments). When it asked me what transactions I wanted to download, I selected all. After the download finished I go to the Review investment activity page. I see a list of all the investment activity. I click the Next button to update Money to this statement. I get a dialog stating that a security was found where it already exists but under a different name. There are two radio buttons, the first to confirm that it is the same security, the second to add it as a new investment. I select the first(default) and the...

Importing text from a website
Hello. Nursemaiding required for a perpetual lamer please. I want to put this stuff on an XL sheet or in another producer's spreadsheet if it will be easier. I wish to move the date over to the other side of the month and put the hour column in its own cells separate from the minutes as I wish to divide the hour (by 6) without touching the minutes. It must be a simple process I suppose but I wouldn't know where to start. Thank you in advance etc., etc.. http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_moonphases.pl?year=2006 2006 Phases of the Moon Universal Time 00000 New Moon 000 First Q...

use a class object for this?
I have a database that works fine... I was just trying to make it a bit more intuitive to use. Basic structure: CaseManager---(1,M)---Caseworker---(1,M)---Case---(1,M)---Paperwork Rules: Each caseworker may have no more than 10 open cases at a time. Opening a new case "spawns" a series of due dates for paperwork (based on a couple of dates. Joint Visit Date and Admit Date... these work already). Closing a case requires the scheduling of another joint visit and some specialized paperwork. Transferring a case to another social worker may only be allocated to a caseworker with fewer ...

Important about IBM XML Certification
IBM - XML Certification http://educational-world.blogspot.com/2007/10/ibm-certified-solution-developer-xml-11.html Sun Java Certifications http://educational-world.blogspot.com/2007/06/sun-java-certifications.html ...

Upgrade from pop3+OE6 to Exch2003+OL2003, problem with importing WAB
Hi there, Exchange 2003sp1 with BE & FE servers, both running on W2K3 server, simple (single) domain structure, the BE server also the DC, GC, DNS, etc Previously we ouse OE6+pop3 email solution, now migrated to Exch2003. Now I want to import addr book from OE6 into OL2003's contacts, got 2 problems: 1. in OL2003 contacts options, I set the default "full name" & "file as"to "first last", then import OE6 addrbook, after import all entries still filed as "last first", wondering how to fix it? 2. in OE6's addr book, some users create fo...

Exchange 2003
Hello, Im trying to access owa via http and not https and it doesnt seem to load the page properly ( only thing that looks rite is the vertical line which appears between the left menu and the right side. is there something that can be changed to allow it to work with just http or is it designed not to work like that? Jason On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:17:52 +1100, "jason" <jasonn@uniqueworld.net> wrote: >Hello, > >Im trying to access owa via http and not https and it doesnt seem to load >the page properly ( only thing that looks rite is the vertical line whic...

Disallow Recall/Void Trans. without using Security Level??
Hello, Is it possible to disable Recall/Void Transaction function without using Security Level? I see "Allowed to delete entries from transactions". Could I use this instead? Thanks ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 43105 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## Sorry, but the only way to do this is through secur...

How can i use the dash character, "-", to sort data?
If i wanted to sort the info below into two different columns, how would I do it?SOMRVLLE - SOMERVILLE SOUTH - SOUTHERN REG. ST. JOHN - ST. JOHN VIANNEY ST. ROSE - ST. ROSE HIGH ST. ROSE - ST. ROSE HIGH STAF - SOUTHERN REG. Hi use 'Data - Text to columns' to split the content into two columns -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1F8EE451-7B54-49D1-B8C7-B21575180B81@microsoft.com... > If i wanted to sort the info below into two different columns, how would I do > it?SOMRVLLE - SOMERVILLE ...

Windows Explorer hangs if you use right click > send to
Hi to all! I have a problem with WinXP Prof. SP1 and Office XP SP3. If use want to send a mail from the windows explorer outlook sends this message, but then the windows explorer hangs and you have to kill it with task manager. couldn't find any stuff in the KB - any ideas? greetings, peter Update your Win XP to sp2 and apply all critical updates. "Gamharter Peter" wrote: > Hi to all! > > I have a problem with WinXP Prof. SP1 and Office XP SP3. > > If use want to send a mail from the windows explorer > outlook sends this message, but then the windows...

Compiler error C2664
I am getting whole lot of Compiler Errors when i try to compile c and h files compiled under cygwin. I have to ( i must) port this c files and header files to vc++ 6.0 in order to develop my program. These are libIAX2.0 libraries. i believe its a problem with the compiler. I can t figure out what setting(s) i need to change in order for these errors to disapper. :) -------------------------- g:\work\cameleon\winpoop.h(21) : warning C4101: 'res' : unreferenced local variable g:\work\cameleon\iax.cpp(416) : error C2664: 'sendto' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const voi...

Finding if UserID/PW Exists in XML File Using XPath?

Outllook 2003 causes SVCHOST to use 100% cpu and never releases it
I have been using outlook 2003 for about 2 weeks. Now when I open it, it locks up the system svchost.exe is maxed out at 100% and never releases. I have scan for virus and removed and reinstalled office 2003. any suggestions as to what I can try next? John Hocking ...

Combine portions of multiple xml files into 1 xml file using xsl i
I'm building a windows app using C#. The goal is to merge portions of multiple xml files into one. I currently have an .xsl stylesheet that pulls in the required sections of multiple xml files and combines them into one xml file. This xsl works correctly. I'm now trying to utilize this xsl in my C# application, along with the required xml files, to merge them into the one document. Basically I'm looking for a code example of how to apply the xsl style sheet to the documents and create a single xml file. I started working with the XslTransform.Transform method, but it&...

importing access data
I want to put certain pieces of access data in a specific location on an excel file. Should I just import the data as a new sheet and then write the appropriate excel formulae/coding to distribute these where needed or is there a cleverer way of doing this ? If I were going to do this more than once, my approach would be to write a macro that will use MSQuery to import the ACCESS data to a helper sheet and then use further macro commands to copy the data from there to where you want it and then delete the helper sheet. If only once, then as you describe in your second sentence. Vaya...

How can I create a data dial using visio 2002?
I have visio 2002 and never used it before until my work suggested that I should create my Data Dashbords in it. My dashboard includes several Dials that I produce on a monthly basis and basically used to create them myself in excel by hiding half of a donut Chart! If dials can be done in excel, is there a way of updating the data so that the dial automatically updates? If not, is there any other office programme I could use? This is easily done with Visio 2007 Professional using the Data Link and Data Graphics features. In prior versions of Visio you would need to construct your own...

Create Ultimate Boot CD using Vista Ultimate?
I want to create an Ultimate Boot dvd on this laptop that is using Vista Ultimate. I want to boot off of the dvd, but the machine I want to do this with has Win 2k3 server. I want to do this, because the boot dvd has a tool I can use to change an user account's password. This machine was part of a domain, so I can't use the machine as is until I get it off of the domain and over to a workgroup. Can I do this with the way I want to do by using UBCD based off of Vista? If so, how do you make the dvd so that it's bootable. I see instructions on how to do if i...

Changing the underlying SQL table that a pivottable uses
I'm using Excel 2002 I have an existing spreadsheet that pulls information from a SQL server 2000 DB to populate a pivot table. It does not use a microsoft query file I need to be able to change the name of the table that populates the pivot table in excel I want to maintain the existing formating and the fields from the new table are the same just the name of the table changed I have tried using some VBA but i can't seem to locate the right property in the pivottable object ...