Code Access Security - System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

I have written a Web User Control that runs inside of Sharepoint, but when I
want to use a custom convertor class to convert an XML attribute I get the
following error:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Basically I start with a DataSet that I then want to transform into HTML via
an XSL stylesheet.

I do not appear to be able to use the XsltArgumentList Extension Object.

>From what I have found this object requires FULL TRUST.

If I comment out the args.AddExtensionObject("urn:trimble-date",

Convertor); the code works fine.

This code basically installs an extension object which in my case converts
date/times to a format that I want to use in my XSL

To make this worse this needs to run as part of a sharepoint application.

I have tried adjusting the security on the DLL that this code is part of and
it does not help.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

try

{

       XmlDataDocument datadoc = new XmlDataDocument(ds);

       XslTransform myXslTrans = new XslTransform() ;

       myXslTrans.Load(XSLFileSpec);

       // Add an object to convert DateTime format.

       HelpdeskDateConvertor Convertor = new HelpdeskDateConvertor();

       XsltArgumentList args =  new XsltArgumentList();

       args.AddExtensionObject("urn:trimble-date", Convertor);

       myXslTrans.Transform(datadoc,null, stWrite,null);

}

catch(Exception ex)

{

       stWrite.Write(ex.ToString());

}

Chris

after update code problem
Hi, I’ve having trouble with my skip pattern. It seems to work ok for the most part, but my big problem is that it doesn’t seem to reset itself for the next subject. Please see my code below. Basically if the subject is under 18, I want to skip boxes until “question 1.” If the subject is age 18 and over I want to continue with the questions. So, if the subject is under age 18, it skips the correct boxes. For the next subject the skipped boxes from the previous subject are already blocked out and if I enter an age over 18, I get an error. Does it have anything to do when the fir...

Vb code working one time
Hi, I have a form for adding data to a table. In this form , there is a command button for adding those data and it has the following code: Private Sub Command22_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command22_Click If IsNull(Me.Combo28) = True Then MsgBox "You Must Select a S.O.Processor First.", vbCritical, "No Processor Selected..." Me.Combo28.SetFocus ElseIf IsNull(Me.CONTRACT_NO) = True Then MsgBox "You Must Input a Contract No. First.", vbCritical, "No Contract No. Input..." Me.CONTRACT_NO.SetFocus ElseIf IsNull(Me.CONTRACTOR) = True Then ...

Backup fails at STM file
We are having problems with our backups on exchange 2003. we have 8 seperate stores and just recently we noticed that our tlogs were not being purged. so we after some digging and testing (removing and or disabling all anitvirus and removing our Netvault backup system). We used NTbackup and we have about 4 of our stores not backing up, it fails when it starts to backup the particular sotres STM file. Any ideas on how to check the integrity of teh STM file, or is the problem somewhere else? Thanks Check your event logs. Do you have any errors listed indicating database corruption? ...

Programmatically accessing the Windows registry
Is there an MFC class to do this? There is no MFC registry class however there is an ATL class named CRegKey. Otherwise you should be able to find various implementation of registry classes at www.codeguru.com or www.codeproject.com. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "slip" <slip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F86F9C-CD4A-4C5A-AF56-896FD1D783AE@microsoft.com... > Is there an MFC class to do this? yes, class CRegKey Header: atlbase.h "slip" wrote: > Is there an MFC class to do this? I have on...

No password needed to access email? How do I become more secure?
New to Microsoft Outlook. I'm a previous Outlook Express user, and was able to manage my identities, thus providing more secruity in "others" reading my emails. Is this not an option in Micro Oulook? I was planning to switch over after my soon to be ex, rebooted Windows while I was out of town and basically deleted everything. No back up disk. Starting all over :( You could put a password on your PST file so that a password would be needed to open it. In Outlook, right click on the root of your folder tree, choose Properties > Advanced > Change Password "...

problem from MS Access 2002 to 2003
I have developed a database in 2002 version and installed that on other system, which has 2003 version. When I try to open the database in the new 2003 version, that says, there are some unsafe expressions, which are not blocked. After I changed the security level to Low, we could open the data base. But 2 queries are not working. They are parameter queries with select statement. I am updating my system also to 2003 version, but how do I fix the queries. Thank you, Sheela try Looking under Tools/Options/Advanced, in the Default File Format, try selecting Access 2000, I dont know if ...

Windows7 can not access share
Server is running Win2003 Work server on a domain IP is 192.168.50.5 and my home ip is 192.168.60.X. My server at work has a shared called Files and it's shared to a domain group. I have a VPN connection from my house to the office. On any of my XP machines from home, I can go to \\192.168.50.5\Files and it will let me login. My login would be something like domain\administrator with the domain admin pw and I'm in. When I do this in Win7, I can not get in and the Diagnose tells me it's because of credentials and the error code I'm getting is (0x80004005). I&...

exchange directory access--whole thing
Dear, all. I have 2 domain controllers, and 1 exchange 2003 in a domain, when all 3 servers are online, in exch2003 Exchange-System-Manager, [server name]/properties/directory access, show domain controllers are auto set to type DC&GC. The question is, i shutdown one of dc(whether or not PDC role), i couldn't open ESM console in exch2003 and alarm error. Is this normal, i mean, whether it's possible to open ESM console when i shutdown one of or both of dc? Thanks. Frank "=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:E188A088-12AC-4...

synching access and outlook
How can I 1. automate synching, 2. or even just one-way dump my msAccess contacts table into Outlook, replacing all existing Outlook contacts with my msAccess contacts table each time? ...

use command button to total datas in cells through VBA codes in ex
how can i establish a new command button in combo box to total datas in cells by wrinting VBA codes ?? thanks you ! Roy ...

MSN Messenger causes outlook to fail
Running 3 terminal servers (win2000), office 2002, roaming profiles. MSN messenger is disabled VIA Active Directory Policy. When a user changes from one terminal server to another (logs off of one and onto another), outlook fails to load. This is caused by the (from what I am able to tell) MSN messenger trying to load (by default in Outlook) and it being disabled VIA policy. The problem is that the Checkbox enabeling MSN messenger is unchecked for each user, but something (when switching from one server to another) is causing it to become re- checked or some service is trying to...

Moving some users to new mailbox database fails
A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server. Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email storage space. We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008. The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB. For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verifie...

Access Databases merging when syncing PDAs with Handbase
Help................. I have a probelm with seperate Access databases merging when PDA's are sync'd back to handbase. I have created a a handbase database created with Data Exchange to get the data into it. I then have a blank Acess database where the table etc etc match the Handbase database. I then out it onto several PDA's and data is collected. Then the PDA's are docked and the data updates in the Acess database.....all good !!! The work is carried out in serveal areas so I make a new database for each area........the probelm is thugh sometimes when a PDA is docked all...

Using MS Access to ODBC 3.0 Filtered views
I seem to be getting an issue seeing the records in FilteredActivityParty table through a linked table in MSAccess. The view is correctly returing 5 records for one Appointment record but they are all the same Filterrecord. When I do the same query in MS Query I get 5 records returned and they are all different. Can anyone can shed any light on this? ...

Company Name Sort
Is there any way to sort the list of companies in the User Access Setup window? I forgot to mention that this is a GP 9.0 environment. "GJohnsonTenaska" wrote: > Is there any way to sort the list of companies in the User Access Setup window? Only by initially creating the companies in the desired order. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "GJohnsonTenaska" wrote: > I forgot to mention that this is a GP 9.0 enviro...

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

Update prices in access from Excell
I have a Spreadsheed with the follwoing Coloums, ProductCode, Price I have a Access Table, tblProduct, with lots of flields but main ones i need in this project are ProductCode and Price Inc VAt Currently i have 1300 products in in the database, i have just been given a spread sheet with 200 new prices for products already in database. Is there a way to upload an excel spreadsheet that will upodate price in access Yes, if the values in the spreadsheet can be matched to products in the database for example by using a Product Number. Its a simple matter to loop through the rows i...

Access Run-time 07-26-07
Hello all, I have Access 2003, but I want to be able to make systems for people who don't have Access. I have the Access2000 run-time programme. Can I make systems in Access 2003 (saving in 2000 version) which will run on someone else's PC who only has the Access 2000 run-time version? Would it only work with the mdb file, as I can't make Access 2000 mde files with 2003? Would they still be locked out of the code with their run-time versions? Thanks, Franc. See below. "Franc Sutherland" <FrancSutherland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Add a logo to the report header with code
I'm trying to put a logo fo the company in report header which is created with code, but when it gets to the Set imgLogo, it triggers an error "The section number is invalid". Whenever I use the instruction rpt.Section(acHeader).Height = 300, triggers the same error. The section number for the report Header is acHeader . Any idea how to refer to the report header section programmatically. Thank you. 'Create the report Set rpt = CreateReport ' set properties of the Report With rpt .Width = 8500 .Section(acDetail)...

Payables Vendor Additional Security
We recommend adding functionality to Payables Management that would provide an extra layer of security by Vendor Class. This would be added to the system security or the Vendor Class setup to specify if the class requires extra security and to designate what users are assigned access to the Vendor Class. For example, some vendors which may be banks or Executives may store sensitive information that should not be available to general users including the Payables clerk. This would allow designating only specific users to access the specific Vendor Class, enter transactions, and view...

Get query from Access
Hello, trying to do a query. So I do the following: Data->get external data->New database query, then from the Choose Data source, I choose MS 97 ACCESS DATABASE*, then I select the database. This brings me to the QUERY wizard-Choose columns When I double click on the table/query I want, it doesn't bring the columns to choose. It changes the + sign to - sign but nothing else. I try a different database, and on this one it does work. So not sure why only on one database it works. Any suggestions? Would appreciate it. thanks, Juan ...

Can somebody give me overlapped serial communication Source code.
Hi guys, i am trying to implement overlapped serial communication in place of non-overlapped serial communication but i am facing the problem of " The parameter is incorrect. Error 87: WaitCommEvent." and i don't know how we can trap this error, please help me.if you have souce code then please help me. Check ur buffer for reading... u just give ur code... regards Tony <raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1138598524.336535.91640@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, i am trying to implement overlapped serial communication in &...

Access Denied 401
Greetings, I am new to CRM and to IIS. CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003. Originally installed 18 months ago but not used. I logged into the server and selected the CRM link in SharePoint. I was immediately logged on as the CRM administrator. I opened a web page and typed: http://crm I was prompted for a Login. I entered Username and Password of a licensed user and I received: ****You are not authorized to view this page**** You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the ...

refer to constant in code
Within a function, I need to change the constant I am using in a statement based on a passed-in string value. For example, I pass in the string value "pqPartyPhone" and the constant I need to use is cstrpqPartyPhone How can I do this? "smk23" <smk23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC0A0C2F-4F2B-46B2-BCD8-EBBFE39FE9B1@microsoft.com... > > Within a function, I need to change the constant I am using in a statement > based on a passed-in string value. For example, I pass in the string value > > "pqPartyPhone" > >...

Can't forward meeting requests
I receive numerous meeting requests and occasionally delegate attendance to my employees. Some of the requests disallow forwarding, does anyone know how to override this "feature" of Outlook? How is this restriction placed on the requests in the first place? ...