Better xsd.exe out there?

xsd.exe is great for generating typed datasets and classes(not so good) but
are there better ones out there for .net?
Currently xsd.exe seems to be limited in some ways and really can't get
around working the resulting classes generated by it.

Jiho

0
jiho.han (47)

There is currently no official replacement for xsd.exe, although it would be
too nice to have one! Daniel Cazzulino thinks the same way ;) and published
some techniques on his blog [0]. I hear he's about it publish more, too ...

--
HTH
Christoph Schittko [MVP, XmlInsider]

[0] http://weblogs.asp.net/cazzu

"Jiho Han" <jiho.han@infinityinfo.com> wrote in message
> xsd.exe is great for generating typed datasets and classes(not so good)
but
> are there better ones out there for .net?
> Currently xsd.exe seems to be limited in some ways and really can't get
> around working the resulting classes generated by it.
>
> Jiho

SearchProtocolHost.exe
Greetings, In the last day or two, I have had freqent, but irregularly timed Critical Stop audio warnings. I cannot associate with an action on my part. Once they continued every second or so to the extent I rebooted the system. This morning, I had another series of Critical Stops, so went to the Event Log where it reveals the culprit to be SearchProtocolHost.exe with Exception Code 0xc0000005. These occurred once a second and there were a series of about 12 faults. As I write, I am receiving a non-stop series, about one per second. It finally stopped after dozens of time...

how to do this bit of code better?
Hello All If Me.SRServRepWOValid = True Then If IsNull(Me.PONumber) Then MsgBox "Has the Customer issued a Purchase Order for the service?" Me.PONumber.SetFocus Else If IsNull(Me.WorkOrderNumber) Then MsgBox "Service Reports cannot be submitted with out a work order.", vbOKOnly, "Work Order Required" Me.WorkOrderNumber.SetFocus Else If IsNull(Me.ReasonForCall) Then MsgBox "What was the reason for the service ca...

Saving EXE in Outlook 2003
When I try to save exe files from emails in outlook 2003 it says blocking of exe attachments is enabled for added security, what do i have to do to disable it? thanks Information about the security features is at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm and you can use attachments options from www.slovaktech.com to get them off. "Creative Door" <Private@email.com> wrote in message news:errMwlP4DHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I try to save exe files from emails in outlook 2003 it says blocking > of > exe attachments is enabled for added securi...

MSExchangeDSAccess
Hi, My customer had this error on his Win 2003 SMB server yesterday: MSExchangeDSAccess MAD.EXE (PID=4448). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding : <his.domain>.local System info: Acer G320 SMB server, P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB in RAID1 (mirror) CA (Computer Associates) security suite installed - SCM R8 (eTrust Secure Content Management) - ITM R8 (Integrated Thread Management) 6 client PC's (3 wireless) Q1: What will the customer / employees notice as consequences ? Q2: Is this critical ? Q3: Will this automatically be resolved by some recovery /...

Which version of ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE
I have DPM2007 running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64-bit). I am trying to protect an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (32-bit). Which version of the ESE.DLL and ESEUTIL.EXE files do I need and where can I get them from? I keep getting inconsinstency erors and loads of ESE errors using the 32-bit version from Exchange 2003 and I have a 64-bit version form a SBS2008 box, but get "DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID: 30112)" and a consistency check imediately fails. HELP! You can copy the eseutil.exe and ese.dll from your exchange server to the DPM server. Th...

How do I get the <xsd:documentation>?
Hi; It looks like this is in Annotations.Items but there can be multiple items - how do I know which is the <xsd:documentation>? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:B234E98E-6334-4C3F-9E95-0D7B7EB3246A@microsoft.com... > Hi; > > It looks like this is in Annotations.Items but there can be multiple > items - > how do I know which is the <xsd:documentation>? First of all, there can be more t...

Store.exe process faulting
Recently the store.exe has been faulting with this error.. Source:Application Error Event ID: 1000 Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x00026f76. I've seen posts that range from a malformed message to database corruption. The nightly online defragmentations run w/o any errors. Also I've exported out all the mailboxes via ExMerge successfully w/o ANY errors (My understanding is if there is a corrupt message, exporting will reveal it). I've combed the W3SVC1 logs (as we have some Entourage/ActiveSync/...

Setup.exe problematic with Vista and Windows7
Hello, I have been having a problem with Vista and Windows seven with asking permission each login to run Setup.exe. Somehow I identified the problem with a compatibility issue. The network administrator set this to run in the login script: c:\Windows\system32>\\ASAMS1\Clients\Setup\setup.exe / ASAMS1 Where ASAMS1 is a server. What is setup.exe for and how do I get around the compatibility issue? Thank you for you help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam ...

xsd mapping desgin recommendation
I have relational data in a dataset that I need to map to several similar but different xml schemas. Until now I have been using xslt to map the dataset to the desired xml. Is there a better way in dotnet with xsd or sqlxml? Where would you suggest the mapping take place? I see lots of examples of how to map xml to relational data, but not the opposite. How do I use xsd to export the same dataset to several disparate xsd? Thanks, Pint ...

Convert MFC .exe to ActiveX (ocx dll)
Any ideas how to do that? I've created an MFC app with buttons, comboboxes and other controls and now I need to convert it to ocx control to put it easily in some other apps, but only mfc .exe apps not for web. [sadam] > I've created an MFC app with buttons, > comboboxes and other controls and now I need to convert it to ocx > control to put it easily in some other apps, but only mfc .exe apps > not for web. MFC gives good support to OCX development. I would suggest you to use MFC AppWizard to create a new OCX project, then you can reuse your old existing MFC app code, ...

How to Add MFC Support to "ATL Service (EXE)"
Hi, I have an ATL Project created as "Service (EXE)" The attributed check box was selected when the Project was created. Now,I want to add MFC support to this ATL Service. I have tried the KB Article:Q173974. Does not work for me. Please dont advise me not to use MFC. Any help in this regard, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Suze ...

A Better solution
Dave this is a better solution which you can turn on and off as needed: Here is yet a better solution: WORKAROUND Warning This article contains instructions to add a DWORD value in the registry. When you add the DWORD value, it partially disables the Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer. After you add the DWORD value, you can customized Outlook Today, but you will be vulnerable to an information-disclosure vulnerability that is related to the way that Internet Explorer handles encoded characters in a Web address (a Uniform Resource Locator [URL]). For more information about...

Different folder of exe and dll
Hi, I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same folder of the .exe. I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll exists. How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it with the desired dll path?? Yoav. [Yoavo] > I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same > folder of the .exe. > I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll > exists. > How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it > with the desired dll path?? You m...

Problem with help files getting launched from dialog's belonging to different Exe's
Hi all, In my application I have two exe's.when ever I launch the Help file from a dialog,keep it open & go to one of its child dialog & launch the help file from there,it is refreshing the already existing help file.but if I keep the help file open & launch a help file from a dialog belonging to the other exe ,it is launching one more help file instead of refreshing the already open one. The exe's are different,but as the application is same I want only one Help file to exist at a time,even the help file's may be launched from the dialog belonging to different...

Money has encountered a problem and needs to close....... Error Signature: AppName: msmoney.exe ModName: ntdll.dll
This is so annoying! I ran into this issue with Money 2002. After a lot of google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my environment to something and this error was gone. But, I got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to Money 2004. And I run into this issue, where when I try to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up window with the error message. And when I do to see the details it tells me the following: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685 Offset: 0004c663 Can someone help me with this....... and someone sh...

How to say it in XSD? (xs:list, xs:enumeration, ...)
Suppose I have a simple type which is enumeration <xs:simpleType name="fontStyle"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:enumeration value="bold" /> <xs:enumeration value="italic" /> <xs:enumeration value="underlined" /> <xs:enumeration value="strikeout" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> I want a type which is any combination of the above, so I write <xs:simpleType name="fontStyleLst"> <xs:list itemType="fontStyle&...

CreateProcess spwaning a batch file versus spawning an exe
I need to control the startup and the kill of a process by using the CreateProcess call. I will call the spwaned process as App.exe and as App.bat. App.exe is responsible to set a TCP/IP connection to a remote board and send thru RPC calls. My App.bat is written as follows: APP_ENV= value start App.exe arg1 arg2 arg3 1-- If I set up my App.exe with a batch file as App.bat and do CreateProcess (NULL, "App.bat", .....) App.exe gets spawned and works as expected, ie it sets the TCP/IP connection (s) it needs and does the RPC calls. 2-- ...

"Excel.exe has generated Errorsand neesd to close"
I often get an error "Excel.exe has generated errors and needs t close", after which i will not be able to open the file. ( Excel 2000 Windows professinal Edition). I am able to open the same file in "Office XP" but it will have onl data and all formulas will be lost. Is there a solution -- excel_google ----------------------------------------------------------------------- excel_googler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1661 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31865 Each version of excel hand...

admin.exe has generated errors
We are experiencing a problem with permissions when attempting to create a new mailbox from a remote exchange admin. We are getting the error "admin.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created". When I open the Exchange server and then use the Exchange Administrator console I am able to create new users. This has started since we installed the ADC. Is there a new permission level that is required to create new mailboxes with the Exchange is 5.5 ...

resetting exe after debug lockup
If my app locks up during debug, I can't recompile the app because of link not being able to write the file. Is there a way to reset the executable file after a failed debug besides closing vs? (Developing native on xp/vs2003.) Thanks Scott guysmiley wrote: > If my app locks up during debug, I can't recompile the > app because of link not being able to write the file. > > Is there a way to reset the executable file after a > failed debug besides closing vs? (Developing native on > xp/vs2003.) > > Thanks > Scott > Use the Stop Debugging comman...

remupd.exe error
Does anyone know what this file is? I just received an error that this file encountered a problem and must close. I have Outlook 2002. Tks! KDenton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what this file is? I just received an > error that this file encountered a problem and must > close. I have Outlook 2002. A quick Google search turns up likely descriptions. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak f...

Unhandled exception in app1.exe(WNRPC32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
hello, i have created a window which acts as a simulator window . In this window i have my application(app1.exe) running . when i close this application and then if i close the simulator window it gives this error: Unhandled exception in app1.exe(WNRPC32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. and if i directly close the simulator window with out closing the application window , no error occurs. please help me what to do as i am very new to VC++ Thanks in advance meenal You have to do the proper cleaning...on ur window close..and sgould kill all the worker threads if any exist in ur applicti...

problem with explorer.exe
my explorer.exe file is dameged and i can't use my computer as i want i try all the avilable technique after googling for some time and all of them are not working for me, is there any way i can get the exact copy of ex... file from the internet the version of the file is 6.0.2900.2096 please..............help -- yosefalemu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yosefalemu's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220997.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1337638.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Excel caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL:EXE at 0137:300
w'95 obtain this error message when opening Excel. However , if I link to the internet it will then open without a problem. Can anyone advise how this can / should be rectifyed? Thanks dgb Hi do you get this error in all cases?. If yes probably a re-install could help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dgb wrote: > w'95 > obtain this error message when opening Excel. > However , if I link to the internet it will then open without a > problem. Can anyone advise how this can / should be rectifyed? > Thanks > dgb ...

xsd of CRM entity
i want fetch xsd of my custom entity i am using (http://yourcrmserver/ sdk/xsd/entity.aspx?entity=myentityname) but its not working. how i can fetch xsd for my custom entity. thanks in advance !!!!!!! ...