Beginner of XML

I am a beginner of XML.
I want to group some files together with a xml file. (it includes a text
file, and an image file and a video file)

Can someone show me some guidelines?
Please help.
0
Questions (9)

Modifying PO xml
I am trying to modify the po xml template so that my account number for the supplier shows up on the PO. I am willing to replace "Requisitioner" with "Account Number". I need to know what to put in place of the "|" PurchaseOrder.Requisitioner so that the value that I pull from the "Account Number" field on my supplier screen shows up in that field. Any help is greatly appreciated Thx Dave Dave, If you don't want to spend the time, you could just download the modified version from CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/95abx or its included in the...

XML reading issue

xml to pdf using c# asp.net
Hi, At the moment I am working on an documentation tool where customers can build their own documentation by selection chapters of standard docs and building their own 'tree' of documentation. This is all done in xml, and now I want to transform this xml document to a pdf. Does somebody have experience with this? Tnx in advance! Martijn There are a host of pdf generators that use XML as a source. Many (all that I know of) are commercial endeavours though. Here are a few I have looked at previously in my research: Active PDF: http://www.activepdf.com/products/serverproducts/tool...

How to find in Name attribute exists in xml string
Hierarchical XML defines AgMenu Most menu items contain Name attributes as shown below. How to determine if menu item with given name exists from Silverlight application ? E.q FindName( "DokG", myxmlmenu ) should return True for menu string below. Andrus. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Menu> <MenuItem Content="File"> <Items/> <MenuItem Content="Document"> <Items> <MenuItem Content="Invoice" Name="DokG" /> <MenuItem Content="Pur...

XML updating,querying question
I use a TreeView WebControl Menu which i installed from microsoft. But the TreeView XML that can be loaded with the Webcontrol is very specific.For example (The root as to be TREENODES!!):- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <TREENODES> <TreeNode Text="Contracts"> <TreeNode Text="Contract Pads" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="Points Deduction Report" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="" NavigateUrl=...

deserializing xml data in an object

XML Serialization Vs Breaking Domain/Business Logic Vs Custom Serialization
XML Serialization is a great feature. Recently I've found myself "leveraging" it on some of my classes and spending far too much time altering a class so that it's resultant XML message is in the correct format using XmlAttribute etc Eventually I end up with a who collection of classes with default constructors, writeable properties which should be readonly/Property Sets etc, Typically these would be wrong from an OO point of view if they were in my Domain layer. For example I might have a Person class with a readonly DateOfBirth property, but I'd have to make that w...

Deserializing an object from XML that contains an enum
I'm having an issue in deserializing an object from XML. I generated my XML schema from my .NET dll using xsd.exe. I've used that schema in another application. That application spits out XML based on user input and workflow. It is sending out the integer value for enums instead of the string values. This seems like it should be the most common sense way to do it (since it's an easy cast from int to an enum (MyEnum)myInt) but XML deserialization complains. If I manually edit the XML to contain the strings for those, it successfully casts the strings into the enum. Is there ...

Save and load crypted XML
Hi I need to save / load XML data in crypted format. I'm using .net 1.1. Thanks. "nano2k" <adrian.rotaru@ikonsoft.ro> wrote in message news:1189768942.560777.294920@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to save / load XML data in crypted format. > I'm using .net 1.1. > > Thanks. What you really need is a specification. Decide how you are going to encrypt, and equalising both sides of the equation on transposition; how you are going to decrypt. These steps pre-empt input and output, and no, generic methods are not secure because they are...

Xml Serializing subclass problem
Hi guys. I've come across a problem when I tried to serialize a class into xml, only to discover that the parent class's XML Serialization properties weren't included in the output xml. Actually, the class I'm serializing is two steps down in the inheritance ladder. It's got a parent class which also has a parent class :( All those classes in the hierarchy are Xml Serializable, and I'd think that it should be obvious that all attributes/properties of the parents should be serialized for any given subclass, no ? Here's the two classes, subclass first, parent class...

CSV to XML #3
I have a CSV file which contains comma seperated data that I need to validate against our database.I was thinking about loading that CSV file into a Typed-Dataset which has our database schema in it and then try to load the CSV file into that Typed-Dataset and automatically get all the errors and constarint violations. 1) Is it doable? 2) Because I need to check the foriegn keys as well,Can I loaded the data of those refferecing tables into my dataset as well? 3)If number 2 is doable ,how should I update my dataset if a key has been added to the existing refferncing tables? Thanks a lot f...

manage text and tag mixed in xml

XML Deserialization Issue
Hello All, I am having some trouble deserializing some xml into a series of objects that are part of a web service proxy. I know the XML is valid, and the objects are up to date (the xml instance doc validates against the original scheme, which is current with the WSDL). The issue looks familiar, its identical to one that I have seen when the xmlserializer chokes on a namespace. In past instances with simple XML docs I was able to get things working by supplying the Deserialize method a default namespace, but in this case I have 3 namespaces, and no default. Any ideas as to how I would go ...

XML serialization #9
Hello there, I need to design classes, that can be serialized to XML like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <Groups xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <Group> <Item name="Group 1 item 1" /> <Item name="Group 1 item 2" /> </Group> <Group> <Item name="Group 2 item 1" /> <Item name="Group 2 item 2" /> <Item name="Group 2 item 3" /> </Group> <Group> <I...

[Beginner] growin integer array
Hi, how do I create an array of integers (or longs etc.) that is able to grow dynamically without discarding the existing data? How can one write such a thing? As a matter of fact, I tried the CUintArray classes, but unfortunately they don't have copy constructors - so in this case, I cannot use them, but have to implement something on my own. Greetings Peter i simple use function HeapCreate,HeapAlloc,HeapRealloc, HeapDestroy,HeapFree, Try them ,can is able to grow "Peter Schmitz" <PeterSchmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:84679DCA-88D9-435C-9A12-22283F6CD...

Decode XML Data Type
I have something like the following: declare @msg xml set @msg = '<Message><SubItem>Some Text</SubItem></Message>' I'd like to be able to extract the value of the SubItem node, but I can't find the syntax. It might be something like (I made this up): SELECT x.SubItem FROM @msg and it would return the single row SubItem ---------------- Some Text Can anyone tell me what I should write? TIA Charles > declare @msg xml > > set @msg = '<Message><SubItem>Some Text</SubItem...

Xml from string in Jscript
Hello, Can someone please tell me how I can create an XmlDocument from a string containing an Xml fragment? I'd like to do this in Jscript in a client (IE) environment. The only examples I can find involve msxml, is this the only way?? Thanks! IE can only run client-side VBScript or JScript. It can currently not execute managed code embedded in <script> tags. Without the ability to run managed code you're pretty much stuck with MSXML or JavaScript based Xml parsers. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "intv" <intv@no.spam> wr...

DataSet changes schema of XML file
I’d like to use the DataSet as the container for the XML files conforming to some schema. The problem is, that the operation of reading the XML file into the DataSet having its schema and then writing it back to the file makes it invalid, not obeying rules of this schema. Here is the simple test program performing this operation. __________________________________________________ using System; using System.Data; namespace DataSetTest { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { DataSet DS = new DataSet(); DS.ReadXmlSchema ("XMLSch...

XML in VS.Net 2K5 vs VS.Net 2K3
I just started using VS 2K5 beta 2 the other day. I am trying to move a project I created over to in pieces to 2K5. I can't seem to figure out why the follow XPath returns nothing in 2K5 "descendant::element[@ref='CurrDate']". The XML I am trying to select from is as follows: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="CurrDate" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="NextGenReport"...

Beginner question
I installed Server 2003 Small Business, then Exchange 2003 Standard. When I created the Windows domain it was abc.com. The users want their email addresses to be user@xyz.com. The company owns the XYZ.com domain name. I had the MX record changed to point to their static IP. i allowed the corect ports on the firewall. But where in Exchange administration do i configure the XZY.com email addresses. I al ready changed each user profiles email to user@xyz.com. When I try to send to it I get bounce saying the message could not be relayed. I did test for open relay, not an issue. Modify the ...

Sample code for how to load an XMLDocument with an XML file while simultaneously validating it against an XSD, AND how to read and search that same validated XML file.
Hi all, Spent WAAAYYY too much time trying to figure this out because there's not many good examples out there, so in the interest of sparing y'all from suff'rin same, I've pasted it into eternity for you. Works like a charm. (I know, I know, I love you too) Sean //C# code string filename = "whateverYouCalledYourXMLAndXSDfile" XmlDocument loggingMessagesDefinition = new XmlDocument() MessageDataXmlFile = filename + ".xml"; MessageDataXsdFile = filename + ".xsd"; // initialize the validation objects XmlSchemaCollection myXmlSchemas = new XmlS...

newbie: how to check a string of XML against a DTD file...
given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML formatted string? Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Thanks! =o) Daniel. Daniel Bass wrote: > given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when > verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML > formatted string? > > Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Read "Validation of XML with XmlValidatingReader" in .NET Framework Developer...

Exposing System.XML in COM wrapper?
Hi.. I have a web service proxy that I need to wrap into a CCW; the class, DLL, and TLB are being created properly, and I can see all the relevant methods in VB6. However, (most of) the methods in the web service return type System.XML.XmlNode, which causes the return type in VB6 to appear as "Unknown." I can call the methods, but can't see any of the return values. Is there a way to overcome this problem, short of subclassing the proxy with wrappers that return simpler types? I realize VB6 is dusty old technology, but for whatever it's worth I need to try to make this work...

Return xml
The following function is used in my webservice which returns a dataset. I now need to return the dataset as xml and have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help ? Thanks in Advance [code] Private Function GetDataSetXML(ByVal strSQL As String) As dataset '1. Create a connection Dim connString As String connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & "C:\blobdata\data.mdb" & ";" Dim myConnection As New OleDbConnection(connString) '2. Create the command object, passing in the SQL string ...

Consume XML to pass as a string buffer to legacy
Hi, I am working on a project and a portion of which involves receiving xml files on internet, extract values to build a string and pass that string to legacy system. I am planning on using XMLReader to read passed xml file and extract values that need to be mapped to string buffer. However, in this method I am not able to get the full path (ie., path information from root to this node) detail of the node. Is there a specific method to get full path of the node? Also, is there a alternative to using XMLReader? Thanks in advance, Srini If by path you mean XPath expression then no....