Any XML Naming Conventions?

Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt
the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction
of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so
on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming
Conventions?

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results  -- Half the Cost"
         Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

clintonG wrote:

> Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt
> the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction
> of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so
> on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming
> Conventions?

Basically XML is meta-language - it allows you to create you own XML
vocabularies with arbitrary naming conventions. That's why XML itself
has no naming conventions - it's up to particular XML vocabulary
designer to follow any convention.
--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

basic xml
Hello! I'm reading a book and I'm trying to learn the very basic about xml. Can somebody give me an explanation why namespace are used in xml perhaps with a simple example that demonstate the usefulness. //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Can somebody give me an explanation why namespace are used in xml > perhaps with a simple example that demonstate the usefulness. If there were no namespaces then you could not mix different XML vocabularies as you could not distinguish for instance the XHTML 'table' elment from a 'table' element in another vocabulary. Usin...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

Company name on Invoices
We use GP 7.50g26 on a Windows 2003 server with XP workstations. Our company name changed but only one of the workstations can print invoices with the new company name. The others use the old company name. How can we modify Great Plains so that the company name is the same on the entire network? All suggestions are appreciated! Your workstations are apparently looking at a modified reports dictionary. The invoice likely has the company name as a text field instead of a variable. I would either import the modified invoice form from the good workstation Reports.Dic file into the ones t...

Creating a hierarchical dataset from an xml document
Hi, I have an xml document (Xml1.xml) with the foll.structure: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <REPORTS> <SCOPE TITLE="My Reports"> <REPORT URL="Report1.aspx" AUTHOR="me">First Report</REPORT> with several SCOPE and REPORT elements. How do I create a dataset, where Table[0] has the Scope info, with a column Title; Table[1] has Report info. that is only the InnerText in a particular column; and Table[2] has Attribute info. of the Report element in different columns ? Thanks a lot. ...

Problem importing XML
Hi, im new to this xml thing. I created an excel and when i imported an XML document, insteand of the information appearing in a single row, it began appearing like a stairway. Example, insetad of being, row1 column A, row 1 column B, row 1 column C it appears as row1 column A, row 2 columnB, row 3 column C. Does anyone knows how to fix this?? Is it problem of excel or of my xml?? here is a pic showing whats happening http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o231/fire_hunter39/error.jpg thanks The problem is solved. I had by mistake some elements with the same name. Know it works correctly...

Open XML Converter 1.1.4 for Mac failures
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel (This topic was not resolved in the similarly named &quot;Open XML Converter 1.1.3 for Mac failures&quot;.) <br><br>I also am having similar problems with opening certain docx files in Word 2004 (Version 11.5.6) and Open XML Converter (Version 1.1.4). I'll refer only to the symptoms of Open XML Converter, but I'm happy to report on Word 2004 on request. <br><br>Certain docx files will not convert to RTF (the resulting RTF file is zero size). Open XML Converter reports &...

font names starting with @
Hello, I am using EnumFontFamiliesEx() to get fonts available on a PC. Many of the font names start with the @ symbol (examp: @Arial Unicode MS). Does @ have some special meaning? Is it save to use that fonts? Thank you Vaclav Yes, it has a special meaning, but it is perfectly safe to use these fonts. I once found out what it meant, and it has something to do with whether or not the font can be rotated, or something else along those lines. joe On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:45:06 +0200, V�clav Jedli?ka <vjedlicka@donotspam.cz> wrote: >Hello, > >I am using EnumFontFamilie...

Add names to nickname cache
Like Steve below, I would like to ADD names to the nickname (or auto completion) cache file. I know that the information is stored in outlook.nk2, but is there any tool for adding, say, the contacts from your address book into it so that you don't have to USE all the names before they are used for suggestions in the auto-complete feature. No, the cache is built dynamically by names that you type in. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Read xml from a password protected site
Hi; If I need to parse an xml file from a password protected site - like: XmlReader xmlReader = XmlReader.Create("http://www.cia.gov/AgentList.xml", readerSettings); How do I pass in the username/password so it can get the url? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Hi Dave, This depends on what kind of authentication the server is requiring. Is it using forms authentication or just basic ones? Kevin Yu Microsoft Online Community Support ============================================================================ =========================...

Invalid Name Character
Hi All, I am facing an issue in the XmlTextWriter class in the dotnet 2.0. This is the sample code Actual XML is like this <Name>詳細仕様に</Name> code: strvalue = "詳細仕様に" public override void WriteString(string strValue) { int intPstn; if(strValue.IndexOf("&") != -1) { intPstn = 0; foreach(Match entMatch in rxEnt.Matches(strValue)) { base.WriteString(strValue.Substring(intPstn, entMatch.Index - intPstn)); try { base.WriteEntityRef(entMatch.Value); } catch { base....

Outlook: How to hide recepient email address
Hello, I am a new user of Office 2007 - a stright jump from 2000. My question may be a two fold question: Address Book as and sending out emails: 1. Emails from Outlook includes the Name as well as email address to each recipient; 2. Every contact in the address book, by default has a "display as" with the name and email address. - I would like all recipients to see only the Name of other person and not the email address. For the "Display as", I figured I can edit it manually, but I fear once I Sync it with by blackberry it will go back to the default "disp...

XML Schema
How do you create an XML schema? There's information on the Microsoft web site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/xmloffice/default.aspx Course DEV wrote: > How do you create an XML schema? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Roaming profile causes exchange 5.5 server name confusion
Hello all Appreciate any help with this one. Our setup consists of (ready?), EX5.5 on a W2K server in a W2K3 domain with XP clients using Office 2002 and roaming profiles. Since recently migrating our EX5.5 server to a new box (with a new name) we have discovered that when users who log onto machines they have not logged onto before try to open Outlook, the new profile will default to the old exchange server name - hence preventing the connection to Exchange (until they call us and we change it - tedious, to say the least). However, what's really got us confused is that any users whose use...

Define name Q
I have 2 worksheets with numerous named ranges. Each sheet uses the same names, but I don't think they are 3D, because the Refers To box only shows the worksheet name I an on. I am unable to duplicate this.. when I try to make 2 named ranges with the same name in 2 different worksheets, it takes me back to the first named range. Any help on how this was set up? TIA Check out the "Local Name" section in this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274504 "Benjamin" <Benjamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07580034-71E5-4A81-BD02-D2DF...

Find & replace a name string in multi memo fields across a record -HELP!
I am just building a simple school reports writing dbase - When the teacher creates a new duplicate record - I want the them to be able to replace all instances of the pupil's forename with a new pupil's forename found within multiple memo fields in that duplicate record only. Find and replace wants to change all instances of the forename across the whole table... any ideas as to how to do this????? This is kind of clunky but works, where the memo field is named PMemo. Essentially you're popping up two InputBoxes to enter the name to replace and the replacement name, then using...

bulk loading sender filter domain names
how can i bulk load those pesky spammers domains into my exchange 2003 server Global Settings, Message Deliver, Properties, Sender Filtering? Rather than adding them one at a time? I'm working on an article for this. If you would like, you can test this. Let me know if there are any corrections that I need to make or if I need to clarify something. Open LDP.exe from the Windows 2000 Support Tools If you need information on installing the Windows 2000 Support Tools: 301423 HOW TO: Install the Windows 2000 Support Tools to a Windows 2000 http://kb/article.asp?id=Q301423 Once you hav...

Autofit columns and XML/HTML
For our web based apps, we are starting to use Excel for all reportings. Using XML, I'm able to define what rows to repeat on each page, define page width, headers, footers, etc.. Works great for a cost efficient web reporting. The only issue I've come across is that I'd like to autofit the column width when the file is opened. Is there any way to issue a command to Excel within XML? TIA. Larry Not within the XML. The only way this could be done would be to establish a workbook_open event in the workbook, but that would present a macro warning dialog that would need to b...

Rookie question : Writing edited form data (gridview) to XML
using Visual Studio 2005 C# ASP.NET I know there has to be a simple way to do this....I want to use C# in a code behind for aspx. Populate a GridView from an xml file Add Fields to the GridView to allow entry of quantity and Y/N switch for each row Write contents of GridView to new xml file. Example... xml file that populates gridview cols: <items> <item id=1> <name="Bread" /> <price="1.10" /> </item> <item id=2> <name="Milk" /> <price="2.20" /> </item> <ite...

Auto Name Fill
I use Outlook 2003. When I start typing in the name of an email recipient, it automatically inserts a name . which is great! But, how do I delete someone from that "list"? I was sending an email to someone with the same first name and almost sent to the wrong recipient because of the autofill feature. I'd like to remove one of those two names so it doesn't happen again. "Jan" <jan@greenwaldlaw.org> wrote: >I use Outlook 2003. When I start typing in the name of an email recipient, >it automatically inserts a name . which is great! But, how d...

How to delete Name When Printing in Memo Style
Hi There, I want to customize the Memo Style for printing job in outlook, and I do not want a name to appear at the top of my printed item. For the security issue, I can't create a blank or fake account (Microsoft solution for this problem). Can I create a new style and delete the user name field from the top? If I can please let me know how. Many thanks, Leila No, sorry. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Web Query: Number convention
Hi, When I get external data from Web, noticed that the number format from Europe is different. For Example normally a number 1,300.35 is recognized in excel as one thousand three hundred. But European number format is 1.300,35. When I import this data into excel, excel doesn't recognize this is a number. How do I change this European format to a normal number format automatically? Say change 1.300,35 to excel recognized number format 1,300.35. Thanks for your help -Li Lei ...

Saved File Names
How can you stop excel from putting an extension on a wookbook file name Why would you want to? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "puzzled" <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8327EFAC-F244-4DD8-A591-038C1867BD9A@microsoft.com... > How can you stop excel from putting an extension on a wookbook file name ...

change file name
I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line My goal it to be able to rename a file using a cell content, and still be able to run this macro. I'm putting the cell content into a variable, the variable is set to the correct value, but I still get the error. Below is an exact copy/paste. I suspect there is a syntax error. If anyone can you see what I am doing wrong, please let me know. Thanks Sub List_Req2() Dim myfolde...

"Displa As" name in Contacts
In Outlook 2003: Has there not yet been a "fix" for being able to chose the display name on contacts? Like most people I'd prefer to use a name, not an email address or name-and-email. In my contact list you see display names shown in a variety of different formats. Just name, just email, and combined forms. How do we fix this other than one at a time for a thousand names? -- Dmartinaus (Austin) You may find ContactGenie Toolkit of interest - one of the functions allows you to pick from a variety of EDA formats. http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook...

append xml
Hi, I'm new to dotnet xml. I want to embed my part of xml to existing xml data using xmldocument. I think there is an option but i'm not getting exactly. eg: DocumentElement.InsertAfter is used to insert the node but reference is problem ie how can i give ? sample : <span> <div align="center"> < input id="myTxt" type="text" style="background-color:LightSteelBlue;width:90%" autosuggest="true" /> <input type="button" value="myButton" onclick="myFunction();" /> </div> ...