ANN: C# Online.NET Summer 06 Contest

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

C# Online.NET Summer 06 Contest

Apress and C# Online.NET have joined forces to reward the most
prolific contributors to C# Online.NET.

Our contributors are all volunteers from around the Globe: They write
articles, source code, and tutorials for the benefit of the C# and
..NET communities. They manage to combine giving back with personal
growth. And, we all benefit from their labors of love.

Apress is making it possible to reward their, essentially, selfless
contributions by donating 5 Grand Prizes. They will be welcome
additions to any C# or .NET developer�s library.

Each Grand Prize comprises a set of three current Apress titles:

- Expert C# 2005 Business Objects, Second Edition
- Pro C# 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Platform, Third Edition
- Pro SQL Server 2005

So, read the rules for the C# Online.NET Summer 06 Contest and you may
win these great titles from Apress for your personal IT library.

[ ANN: C# Online.NET Summer 06 Contest ]
0
press9478 (9)

Outlook Offline 08-10-06
I recently purchased the book: "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0" We are running Small Business Server premium edition. I installed SQL server 2000 and sp4 on the server today and also installed the trial version of CRM 3.0 to determine if we are going to purchase. Now, when I open outlook, i have a message that says outlook is offline. What is causing this to occur? ...

Apply Rule 02-07-06
The Apply Rule menu option is available in the More Actions menu. Is there an easy way to add this as a button (e.g. next to the "Merge..." button)? My guess is that this can be done using the ISV.config file - however I need the url to call this menu option (e.g. something like /_grid/cmds/dlg_applyrule.aspx iObjType=1...). Any one know what the magic formula is? By the way, this has a practical use beyond just making "one less click" for the users. That is, there are some screens where the Apply Rule option does not appear (e.g. custom entities) and I assume that this s...

Visual C++ MNMAPI32.OCX Question
Hi, I developed a program using visual c++ 6.0 using MNMAPI32.ocx. Now, I installed Windows Vista on my computer and can not run this program. I have searched everywhere about MNMAPI32.ocx but nothing came up, not even in google. I have the MNMAPI32.ocx file and tried to registered it on my Windows Vista, but when I register it, I got an error: "Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files" What does this mean? What DLL files do I need? Please help me! Thanks There's a tool that exists: ...

XML WebService ASP.NET
Hello - I am very new to the .NET environment, so please be paitent - Can anyone point me to a very basic example of a project that takes an XML stream from a web page and sends it to a ASP.NET Web Service that can then be used to pull records from a SQL Server DB. Like I said I am green at this, so the more basic it is the better. I am reading about having to serialize, etc... but not sure about it all yet. Thanks in advance. I don't know off the top off my head, and you're trying to do quite a few diverse things for a beginner but let me try to give you some pointers: you can re...

Defaul Event VB.NET
Hi, I have a usercontrol with a Button. When I Click in Button, the default event is the "Load". I'd Like to change this default event to "Click". Thanks... Vinicius "Vinicius Gonzaga" <vinicius@lmp.ufrj.br> wrote in message news:uf3sidIwKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a usercontrol with a Button. When I Click in Button, the default > event is the "Load". I'd Like to change this default event to "Click". > > Thanks... > > > Vinicius Vinicius: The default...

Microsoft .Net Framework error message?
When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen which says. REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. This software is available for free download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ I have all updates installed. Windows directory includes the following. C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer Literate having a Computer repair servic...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: two new articles on prices and promotions
Time is running out to take advantage of Microsoft deals (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/time_is_running_out_to_take_advantag e_of_microsoft_deals.html> Microsoft has offered two deals that will enable US and Canadian users to get a free copy of Office for Mac 2008 for the cost of shipping and handling ($6.99 US/ $10.00 CDN), plus applicable taxes. The Super Suite deal ends January 14, 2007 so time is running out on this deal that will qualify you for Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition that's practically free. The Technology Guaran...

VS.NET 2003 Changing application icon
I have looked through the posts and I know this has been addressed before, but I cannot find a satisfactory answer that works... I am using VS.NET 2003 and all I want to do is change the default application icon that displays both in the title bar, and the minimized window (the application icon would be nice too!) I went to the resource view and changed the icon (drew a new one). My icon ID is IDR_MAINFRAME (but I also have a toolbar and menu with that ID) Now, I don't have the icon saved as an explicit bitmap that I can import in. I have just edited it from the resource editor...

[ANN] Excel X security update

Xsl extension function and type coersion in .Net?
Hi.. I have a c# class that i'm using to implement some extension functions and one of those functions is a simple push/pop stack. I made the c# code fairly generic, taking and returning objects - i.e public void push (object val { stack.Push (val) public object pop ( { return stack.Pop() The thought was that the stack could be used for many purposes even though my first use is for stacking boolean state info (e.g. <xsl:value-of select="ext:push(true())"/> ... <xsl:if test="ext:pop()">Succeeded!</xsl:if>). The odd thing I'm seeing so far i...

How to transfer Outlook folders from old to new p.c.??
Anyone have any advice? I've been able to "synch" using a palm handheld, but I can't find a way to transfer my "Sent Items" from my Personal Folders to my new computer Robin cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > Anyone have any advice? I've been able to "synch" using > a palm handheld, but I can't find a way to transfer > my "Sent Items" from my Personal Folders to my new > computer Do a search for "*.pst" and copy the file to your new computer. Remove any Read-only attribute (if you use a CD for instan...

Integrating Apache Xerces C++ Parser into a MFC Application
Hello, I�m trying to integrate the Apache Xerces C++ Parser into an SDI MFC Application using Visual Studio.NET. I want to build a TreeView by using the Apache Xerces DOM Parser.Has someone experience in that case???I�ve got much trouble at the moment. ...

Quick question for David (since I saw he was online earlier)
Hi David, Could you point me in the direction of the Microsoft Small Business Accounting newsgroups please? I had them in my other newsreader, but have since lost them in this one. And, I know they should be pretty easy to find, but I'm having a "blind" moment. Thanks. Patrick. -- Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com> http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com Smile.. someone out there cares deeply for you. Patrick I will see what I can find out for you. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Micros...

Date format 06-02-06
Hi; Is it possible to manipulate the date format? Actually, I want to be able to put july, 15 2006 instead of 07/15/2006. Can anyone help me? Thax! Mehdi Hi MA, Where do you want to do this? In the UI? If so, you can add some script to format the date. You'll need some help from a script like this one at CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/jscript/dateformat.asp HTH -- Michael Sanford SynchedUp Solutions http://www.synchedup.com "MA" <mamor@NOPSPAM.com> wrote in message news:871f874a343947d29d6611d45ae77cc9@ureader.com... > Hi; > > Is it possible...

a visual tool showing C++ class structure ..
Hi, Does VC 2005 provide a tool to visually show the C++ class structure (inheritence, aggration, etc) diagram in a project? Thanks. JD Not that I've found. Check out doxygen: <http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/> "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O1qI$e5CIHA.4228@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does VC 2005 provide a tool to visually show the C++ class structure > (inheritence, aggration, etc) diagram in a project? Thanks. > > JD > But I do remember to see a visual tool when attending a studio seminar long t...

Sumproduct error 04-06-10
I am getting a peculiar result when using the formula below to sum up unique valus in a database. The formula in AD3 is =SUMPRODUCT(($D$15:$D$600=AB3)/COUNTIF($J$15:$J$600,$J$15:$J$600&"")*$J$15:$J$600) The table is shown below the summary with the intervening columns blanked out so it is just showing the Sheet numbers and the numbers beside these whcih will add up to the columns AC and AD below. Now the totals for all the sheets in AC is correct but in AD the totals for Sheet 3 and Sheet 6 are short by exactly 4.55 in each and I can see no reason why and I have b...

E-Mail 06-03-05
Hi All I want a send a message from Microsoft CRM and when this people reply this message, I want receipt this message and execute a Event into CRM, for example: if in the message my firs line is "En Espera" change the status of my case that is associate to GUID that it comes in the subject message, this is possible? Thanks for your help ...

MC++ or WIN32/C ?
Hi, I want to port the Solaris 5.8 C-Code (Mixed Endian Code) to Windows x64/ x86 platform for a .Net project. What is the best approach to accomplish this ? 1. Should I first port to WIN32/C (using BIT shifting for enadianness) and then introduce a PInvoke layer ? OR 2. Should I use Managed C++ so that I directly get the support for Managed Code as well as object access through pointers ? Please sugest. Thanks In Advance regards Angshuman. Hello, Angshuman If ported code will interact much with unmanaged code (call C API) Then it can be better to use Managed C+...

Back Button on asp.net pages
I'm building a site and there is a series of asp.net pages with forms on them. My client would like back buttons placed on each page. Currently I just have some javascript code sending you back to the last page. When I click it I get a "Page has expired" error. I'm just wondering if there's any way around having to click refresh, So that when you click back it automatically loads up the page with your fields filled in and everything. Any help would be great, thanks. Will Hi, ask this question at "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet" newsgroup or...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!
Product: Microsoft Money 2001 Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Receive error when try to open Microsoft Money: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe Was there a question here? You might want to read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=131. "Dave" <ddoroquez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5ec301c42ddf$ece39030$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Product: Microsoft Money 2001 > Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP > > Receive error when try to open Microsoft Money: > > Microsoft Visual C++...

VBA contest
Hi Everyone, I realize that this applies only to users of Office 2004 and earlier, but Microsoft is running a VBA contest for anyone who is interested. Click here for details: http://blogs.msdn.com/officepalooza/ -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/welcome.htm ...

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE
My Windows 2000 system suddenly started giving this error message whenever I log in. I do not launch Excel before getting this error: ..NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x308f3c7c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel] Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it? I noticed that after I click OK, Task Manager shows one or two copies of EXCEL.EXE still running. But I did not (knowingly) ...

C# NG in de.comp.lang.* ??? New Info!
Hallo, fand gerade diese Meldung in d.a.n.g: | de.comp.lang.csharp - Einrichtung (eingegangen: 10.5.2010) | Proponent: dr_logic@gmx.net (Ulf Kadner) | N�chste Aktion: 1.RfD | Verfahrensbetreuer: Michael Ottenbruch | | Kommentar: Proponent reagiert abermals nicht auf Anfragen; Verfahren | verf�llt am 16.6.2010 | Was ist los? Kein Interesse mehr am Umzug? Mir pers�nlich kann es eigentlich egal sein ob die C#-Gruppe eine neue Heimat sucht oder nicht, denn ich bin ausschlie�lich an VB6- und VBA- Programmierung interessiert. Doch Euer Verhalten wirft ein ...

Excel, Can the letter A B C on the columbs heading be changed?
Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done You can put a word in Row 1 and leave the column letters alone. (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) Paul fxb wrote: > > Excel 2003 I want to put a woud were the columb letter is. can this be done -- Dave Peterson Hi > (You can actually hide the column letters and row numbers under > tools|options|View tab, if you really want.) And then you can select A2 then and use Window>Freeze panes to freeze your new header -- Rega...

Setting for multiple controls <ekXTh.42469$VU4.14648@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>
Did you know you can just select all the controls on the form in design mode by typing CTRL-A (or alternatively multiple by holding down SHIFT and then clicking on each one). Then with all you want to change selected do the Conditional Format and it will apply to all! EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...