What is a use of that ?

Give me some idea...

Thanks & Regards

Elankathir,
B'lore,
India.

ElanKathir .S.N <elankathirctech@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> What is XML scheme ?

Is an XML based standard to describe the structure of
an XML document (more powerful than DTD)

> What is a use of that ?

Try to start with a tutorial:
http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp

--
Lawrence
"Avevo Halo, poi e` arrivata la mia fidanzata."

Validating XML file against an XSD schema
I have an XML file i'd like to validate against an XSD schema. I'm creating the XML on the fly in an ASP.NET page and need to validate it aginst the schema to ensure its well formed. How do i do this? Thanks in advance... Simon Ames Hi simon, Why not searching the msdn? i searched for "xml" "validating" "xsd" and found some pages where to find example code using the XmlValidatingReader e.g. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlValidatingReaderClassctorTopic1.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/li...

XML -> DataSet truncating
We have a stored procedure that is giving us an XML representation (using FOR XML Explicit) of a sales order. Sometimes that evaluats to quite a long string. Unfortunately, this XML string is being truncated to 2034 characters before we can do anything with it. Here's our code: Private Sub LoadXML()Dim dtaXML As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter("MyStoredProcedureThatReturnsXML", "MyConnectionString")Dim dsXML As New Data.DataSetdtaXML.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProceduredtaXML.SelectCommand.Parameters.Clear()dtaXML.Sel ectCommand.Parameters.Add("@I...

Do you have to be online to validate XML against a W3C schema?
Hi Apologies if this is a really dumb question, but being new to XML and Schemas, I wonder if giving the namespace for eg xsd or xsi as a website address means that the user has to be online when they run the app? If so, what should I do if I can't guarantee that they will be? Can I bring all these files into the app? Is that desirable? I'm about to write an app that takes an XML file as input, using Visual Studio 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 Express, and I have to create a schema that combines various standard ones that live on the net. Thanks very much for any help. Les...

where are xml files?
I read that with 2007 version, document files get separated into different chunks like xml format for text etc. whereas I still see one file .docx. If this file gets corrupted or deleted how do I recover my text? Thanks docx is essentially a zip file. Open it with WinRar. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<>...

Search n Replace Certain Attributes in XML

xsl template startMode in system.xml.xsl.xslTransform
Is there any way of specifying the startMode when using the xslTransform class? We are updating code which used msxml to the system.xml classes but can find no way to specify the startMode. We use this so that we can specify different templates to be used by the same xml node. Know that we could use global params, but would rather not have to update all teh stylesheets and any code that uses msxml and the same stylesheets. Thanks "Steve" <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:C7CB30CD-E939-4F25-8F24-2D0F9F2B361B@microsoft.com... > Is there any way of specifying t...

Identifying XML schema validation errors in.NET 2.0
In .NET 1.x the validating reader used an XmlTextReader which had LineNumber and LinePosition properties so you could report where the validation took place. In 2.0 the XmlReader is a validating reader but has no line number or position properties so how can you tell where the error occured? --Buddy After doing some more searching I found the XmlSchemaException class. It has a LineNumber and a LinePosition property. I thought my problems were solved. Not so. Those properties alwasy appear to be zero. So I'm still stuck. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy_N0SPAM@buddyackerma...

Insert XML into a XmlDocument object #2
I'm trying to inset XML into a XmlDocument that already has data in it. Does anyone have and c# examples (vb.net will work) or ideas on how to do this? Thx...sonny ...

How to safeguard losing XML file content?
Hello, I need some help with this: I am trying to update some data using XmlTextWriter. I instantiate first and then do some validation and then copy data into the dataset. Finally I commit the changes. As the following excerpt: Now the problem is that if there is a validation failure for example, control ends up in the catch{} block. So xmlWriter is created but nothing is written into it. At this point it seems that the xml file becomes empty. Because on the user interface when I exit application (without fixing my validation error) I end up with an empty xml file. So I lose everythi...

xml encoding problems #2
Hi, I am currently working on sending an XML request to a server and it responds with an xml response. This request and response use ISO-8859-1 encoding. The xml request and response need to match. The Response i get, replaces some of the French text with <e9> characters, and the request that i send them has <c3><a9> as the characters which identify the French text. When i convert both to a string, they return the identical text, but the xml for both dont match because of the difference in the encoding text. Can anyone tell me why that might be happening and how i can solve...

Duplicate Element Names in Serialized XML
Hi All, Hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am modifying the schema for a rather complex web service written in VB.NET. The services uses a large number of serialized classes to output the overall XML. The problem I am having is that I require 2 XML elements of the same name to be serialized from the 1 class. Due to the way the web service is written only 1 of these would be ever be called at a time. However, it seems that I get an exception if the same element name is used twice in one class.. any ideas? For example: 'start class here <XMLElement ("elementName&q...

XML #5
I am currently trying validate a dyanmic XMLDocument (modified through codes) against a schema. But I am getting this error: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. I think it's because I am loading XML into String. Here's my code: Function ValidateXML() As String Dim strValidateXML As String 'create physical path to booklist sample files (in same folder as ASPX page) Dim strSchemaPath As String = Server.MapPath("xml\Product.xsd") 'create the new XmlTextReader object and load the XML document mobjXTR...

How to add Item Info to PORcv.xml
Anybody know how to add Item fields to the PO receive report? I want to add the Item.price to the receive report. YES! me too. That is the exact field that I'm looking to add. Let me know if you figure it out, or find someone who can program it. Peter@tmsupply.com "Ken Bowen" wrote: > Anybody know how to add Item fields to the PO receive report? I want > to add the Item.price to the receive report. > Peter, For an item's regular price, try PurchaseOrder.Entry.Item.Price Was that what you were looking for? Good luck, Matt "Peter Johnson" <P...

Load XML file
Hello, I am opening a xml document as follows: XDocument _categories = XDocument.Load(String.Concat(path, "Categories.xml"), LoadOptions.SetBaseUri); Then I am adding a few Category nodes and saving it as follows: _mimes.Save(new Uri(_categories.BaseUri).LocalPath); If "Categories.xml" is not found when loading how can I create a new one with this content: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Categories/> Then I will add the Category nodes as usual and save it at the end as Categories.xml on the defined path. T...

Issue passing DataSet as XML from WebService
Hello, I have a WebService that sends a client a DataSet as XML (I use a DataSet.GetXml to get the XML). The DataSet is filled by a DataAdapter in the WebService. The client coverts the XML Back to a DataSet (using StringReader sr = new StringReader(xml); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.ReadXml(sr)). The client then makes changes to this DataSet, and sends the dirty dataset back to the WebService using another GetXml on 'ds'. The WebService re-converts the xml into a DataSet (using a DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.ReadXml; )and executes a DataAdapter.Update(ds). The problem is...

How do I set a color scheme
Is there a way to set a color scheme for the whole document? So the font and all backgournds will be associated with each other. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, do this: Click the Page Layout tab. In the Themes group, click Colors, and choose the desired color scheme. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Tammy O" <TammyO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8287FA69-C3EE-403D-8DCA-4D9F55854281@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set a color scheme for the whole document? So the font > and > all backgournds will be associated wi...

Problem with XML Scheme Facet
Hello I Wonder if any one could give me a hand, I am trying to implement a numeric type restriction on an xml scheme. Somehow in doesn't work, while string restriction on length do work to me. I am working with a licensed version of - Microsoft Visual C# .NET Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Is there a problem with the version? Thank you in advance Hilel hil12345 wrote: > I Wonder if any one could give me a hand, I am trying to implement a > numeric type restriction on an xml scheme. > > Somehow in doesn't work, Can you post a minimal schema and minimal ...

Excel 2003, Convert EXISTING Worksheet Data to XML?
Hello. First, I've read Excel help and worked through several on-line tutorials on the Microsoft website in regards to XML support in Excel 2003. And, have searched web and Usenet looking for clues. So, please forgive if this has been asked and answered; I didn't find it if it has. Thanks! I've got an Excel spreadsheet containing data. I'd like to be able to export that as XML. Not via the "save as" an XML spreadsheet method - too much extraneous data in the resultant output. Too difficult to parse out the unwanted stuff. Microsoft doesn't even recommend ...

how to transform xml according to c# vars
My menuing system uses xml/xslt to create the menus on my site. C# variable values dictate what menu items in the xml get translated by the xslt into the menu, and which are hidden. Say, if the user is logged in as non-admin, don't render the admin links. Currently, I have an extra attribute in the XML items for the menus called render which I later set to "yes" or "no" in C# by traversing the whole XML tree at runtime and checking whether it's OK to show (set to "yes"), or not (set to "no"). Then, once these values are set, I run it through the...

XML Relationships of Subclasses
Hello, I have an existing set of C# classes that encapsulate our application data. They are in a heirachy with each subclass defining more specific types of data. I would like to serialize these data objects as XML but perserve the relationships in the XML document. For example, if my classes were: public class GenericItem { } public class MoreSpecific : GenericItem { } public class VerySpecific : MoreSpecific { } I would like the XML document to look like, <GenericItem> <MoreSpecific> <VerySpecific></VerySpecific> </MoreSpecific> </...

C# Serializing to XML Example Code
This is the code that I currently have written to serialize the collection but it doesn't work when I put two "child" objects in. Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Collections; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace TestXMLExport { [Serializable] public class Parent { public ChildCollection ChildCollection { set { ...

Namespace references in XML Serialization #2
I have an object which serializes to XML. It's root node references the namespace I'm working with, but I would like to preferace the root node with a namespace reference (ie ns1:RootNode) is there a way to do this with XmlAttributes? how do you serialize? If you are using .NET's XML serialization, you can use XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add( "ns1", "urn:WhateverYouLike" ); to specify a prefix and map it to a particular XML namespace. Then serialize with something like XmlSerializer s1 = new Xml...

Select MaxDate from xml

Reading and Saving XML
Hello all, I have a webform which calls a class that loads an XML from a URL then saves it to a file. I ran the webform from Visual Studio. It ran correctly and creates the XML file, however when I try to open the XML file using notepad i get the following error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Is there something i'm missing? Thanks A Did you stop your application from running? I think Visual Studio locks this file while in debug mode. "art a" <artz_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e5wXgeKRDHA.2476@...

XML to MS Word document
Hi, I've got a really laborious task at my work. I have to write documentation to my C# code in MS Word till Wednesday. They don't care that, documentation already exist in MSDN format generated by nDoc. They still want it, in MS Word Format. While I was writing a code, I always documented all my methods, class and namespaces in VS.NET XML format documentation. But now, I've got 130 pages long XML document, MS Word template, and 3 days to copy and past all of data in XML to new MS Word document. Do you know any program, which could help me in automation this laborious proc...