a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #4

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

new to outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and a new user. We had a limited number of files or email to be stored in outlook. I am creating a Folders under Inbox so I will just transfer manually what I have receive email from my colleagues. Is there a way telling Outlook to transfer automatically to Folders I have assigned? Do I need a VBA code to accomlish it? Any suggestion or advise is much appreciated. thanks You can transfer automatically through the Rules function in Outlook. Inbox | Tools | Rules and Alerts. New Rule. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "R...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

Numpty MS Query Install Question
Hi all How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC? Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2 TI I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery, and if you get dialog boxes to follow instead of a message that you need to install MSQuery, then you got it......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "TheScullster" wrote: > Hi all > > How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC? > Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2 > > TI > > > "CLR" wrote >I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Da...

Missing HITB Reset Tool
I have tried 'sa' and my user, which is setup as the poweruser in Dynamics and the HITB reset tool does not exist in any module anywhere. I've tried manually adding it to my home page, but it's no where to be found to be run. The HITB dictionary does exist, so i can run the report, however, without the tool, it's kinda useless. Where the heck is this tool located? It is NOT under inventory utilities. I have full access. Hi, the HITB reset tool is located at Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> HITB ...

Removing Links #4
I am trying to copy several worksheets from a workbooks to a new workbook and have all links with the old severed. I have changed all the formulas to values. I have deleted every workbook and worksheet name. Still when I look at Edit | Links some link to the original workbook is present. Has anyone any ideas what this might be, and more importantly how do I get rid of it? PWS HI, Maybe this old post from Frank Kabel will help: try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip Jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am t...

404.4
What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942052/ "GW" wrote: > What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? > . > ...

Could You Use $10,000 in the Next 30 Days.....Risk Free?
Could you use $10,000 in 30 days Risk-Free? Introducing a revolutionary new downline building system!! Free to join! Build your downline and be in MASSIVE PROFIT BEFORE you spend one single penny! You could be making over $10,000 just 30 days from now! And it's totally Risk-Free!! If you're tired of wasting money trying to make money then you will LOVE this system!! It eliminates every problem in building a downline as it's totally automated and duplicatable by everyone! This is as easy as breathing! So don't waste a second!... You could be just 30 days from Financial Freed...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

Query for UK Financial period
Does anyone have any SQL statement(s) that can return the UK financial period for a date? Dates are in the form dd/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss (where "nn" is minutes). I am happy to create nested SQL with parameter passing if necessary. I will be using it to populate a "Period Number" field in a table where there is already a data field from which the period will be calculated. The period number will take the form "2007\01, 2007\02, 2007\03, 2007\04" e.t.c. I know I can use a table with the Start and End dates along with the corresponding Period Number but this is slow and I...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

outlook bar #4
My outlook bar does not appear. Does anyone know why, or how I can make it appear? What version of Outlook are you using? Have you tried checking the View menu for the "Outlook Bar" option? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jamie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3b9dc$45ed7740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My outlook bar does not appear. Does anyon...

OR Function #4
I am trying to make a formula using the if function. However, within this formula I need to nest an OR function. I can not get it to work. Any suggestions? =IF(OR(A1=condition1,A1=condition2),output_for_true,output_for_false) -- Regards, Dave "frustratedwthis" wrote: > I am trying to make a formula using the if function. However, within this > formula I need to nest an OR function. I can not get it to work. Any > suggestions? ...

How to get newsletter on the web
We currently publish a newsletter that is 16 ~ 20 pages. Our January newsletter was 16 pages and the pub file (pub 2002) is 25mb. I can save it as a PDF file and it shrinks it to 7.5mb. If I save all the pages as jpegs, reduce them to 75dpi and then save as a PDF, then we're down to 3.5mb. Is this my best option? I'd like to be able to get the file size even smaller. I am saving the pages as 8.5 x 11 pages. Should I make them smaller than that? We're just getting started with a website and would like to put up our newsletters, but I'd like to get them small enough so th...

copy sheet1 from bookA to bookB
If I copy a sheet with formulas from bookA to bookb, all formulas than point from bookB to bookA How could I avoid that Same for copy sheet1 to sheet2 Thanks Manfred Once you have copied the sheet across and the formulas are referring to bookA... Eg. ='[BookA]sheet1'!A1+'[BookA]sheet1'!A2 Highlight the entire new sheet, and do a replace (Ctrl H) Find What : [BookA] Replace With : Leave Replace With blank and hit replace all. Obviously you need to have a sheet called sheet1 in your new workbook. Check you have broken all links by going Edit / Links... links should be gre...

Select Case help needed
I'm using a Select Case statement to check the value of 24 checkboxes on a form. If true for each case, run the related query. It seems to be running the first query it comes to and not continuing to check the rest. Below is sample code for the first 4 checkboxes. Can anyone help? Select Case True Case Me.chkQCT01.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessMWapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT02.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSEapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT03.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSWapp", acNormal...

another query question
I want to apologize ahead of time for being a novice with MS Access and VBA. I desperately need help with 2 queries that I am trying to put together. I want to thank anyone that can help me out with this situation. I want to put a select query(Query1) that uses one table and the criteria would be [Enter the Event Number]. When an event number is entered it will give me the Event Number, Event Name, Event Date, Event time, and House Size. Next, I need to create a 2nd query(Query2) that pulls up the records from another table by the Event Number. Below are the tables and fields that I am u...

Outlook errors #4
Since upgrading to outlook 2003 I cannot view any items in the sent folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same error- "outlook has encounted an error and will close" I can view the sent items via OWA, so I know they exist. I have also tried setting up the account on a different pc. Any help would be very helpful. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

Office 2k3 Beta tester woes. Cant import .pst back into xp
Hello, I am sure that there has to be a solution to this problem. I know that MS would not leave it's beta testers without a way to revert back to their old office. I have attempted to import my Outlook 2003 Beta .pst file into my Outlook XP and I get an error stating that it is not compatible. Please tell me that there is a way for me to retrieve all of my old emails. I saved the pst file, and I removed Office 2003 as per the terms of the beta license and saved a copy of my .pst file. I the re- installed Office XP. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Mike If you c...

Copy/paste Function
When I try to copy a cell or a worksheet from one worksheet to another, it only gives me the option to create a picture - I can no longer paste the cell or worksheet. This is Excel 2007 ...

NewBie: trying to get a Username from a console App
I am trying to get username on a console app with MFC support . Here is the code #include "stdafx.h" #include "spy.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // The one and only application object CWinApp theApp; using namespace std; BOOL GetUserName( LPTSTR lpBuffer, // address of name buffer LPDWORD nSize // address of size of name buffer ); int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode ...

Need help with Access report
I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that. I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the details sectio. Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access M...