a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #4

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

assembly documents need to have an order form to print
When an assembly entry is made it should have a print out to be given to the person who will assemble the bill of materials that can be signed when completed. Each assembly should be able to be printed alone - not just in a batch. It should list how many finished products should be made and what each finished product would contain. These can then be posted when they are completed. Also, there should be one function that checks all existing assembly documents that are not released to see if they now can be released with a report telling which ones have been changed to released - i...

Need help converting "InstalledOn" date for all Win32_QuickFixEngineering entries
Hello, all. I'm new to Powershell scripting, but have used VBScript for years. I've found that there is no way in VBScript to do the following and am hoping someone can help with a PowerShell script for the following: I need to be able to document all of the HotFixIDs, their description, and the date that the HotFixes were installed. I want this list to be a CSV list available in the root directory of the computers that need this information. All of the computers that I'm going to use this on are 64-bit computers and are running Windows Server 2008 and Vista. I found ...

what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account
what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account Ask your ISP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rogan asked: | what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:44:09 -0700, "Rogan" <Rogan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account We have no way of knowing what that info is for your account....

Creating a new form everytime a contact is made
I have created a database in Access 2003 to keep track of all of the data needed for our hospital based bariatric program. The forms created work well. However now my problem arises that originally there was one contact about a month after surgery and the information filled in. Now the staff would like to show multiple contacts for that same patient using the same questions but on differant days or months. What I am trying to avoid is creating a giant form with the same fields listed six times because they might contact the patient once a month for six months or possibly daily ...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

Upgrading #4
I have xp and money 2004 premium when i use my account (not the admin account) i get an upgrade is available for download. I download the upgrade in admin and install then go back to my account and get the same message. I have reinstalled the program a few times. Any advice? i dont want to work on the program in administrator. Thank you all in advance for your help <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1855a01c42016$092a8f50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have xp and money 2004 premium when i use my account > (not the admin account) i get an upgrade is...

How to get Bills and Budget to synch?
I have Money '07 and I'm using it to try to set up a budget. Problem is, it's a little cumbersome to have to go in and retype each category and amount for things such as rent, gas, cell phone charges, etc. when all of that information is currently in the Bills section. Is there a way to get the budget to grab all of those non-variable values and use them so the only thing I have to manually budget is what's left over? Also, it doesn't seem like the cash flow forecaster (not sure if that's what it's called) is considering my budget items - only the items und...

Where does SmartList get QTY Shipped from?
According to the SDK documentation, the Purchase Line Items standard SmartList gets its data from the POP10110/POP30110 PO Line tables (plus some other master tables). My question is, how does the SmartList come up with the QTY Shipped value for a PO line? As far as I can tell, there's no field in these tables for the shipped quantity. Any ideas? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, there's a QTYSHHPD field in POP10500. That may be what you're looking for. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Many clients are ready to switch away, need MS RMS SDK
I've inherited several clients who are using RMS and are at ends with the available third party additions which are unable to effectively integrate with their existing systems. Many of them have been deeling with integration headaches for 9 or more months and are ready and willing to pay the money to switch away from Microsoft's software and go with a custom solution. Is there a RMS SDK available online or for purchase? From what I gather I have to be a certified dealer in order to get access to the SDK? Are there certified dealers who give or sell access to the SDK? Surely...

Queries?
Is it possible to make an "update query" to roll back year to date overtime hours? I have an tblhours that totals all overtime hours worked and refused in which I have ran queries to sum all of those. Once a year we have to rollback the year to date overtime hours which means we take the lowest employee, he goes to "0" and we subtract the lowest employees hours from the highest employees hours. I was trying to do this in an update query, but everything I try subtracts, for example, 10 hours from every line of overtime in the tblhours table. I know you are no...

Setup CRM 4.0 Test Environment
I'm looking for instructions on setting up a copy of our Live CRM 4.0 databases in a test environment on a single server. I've been all over and can't seem to locate a set of instructions for this. Thanks, Don I don't think you will have much luck finding documentation on test servers. I set one up and just installed SQL on a server and then did a backup up of the Production databases and then restored them on the test (development) server. Then install CRM on the development server and choose your restored databases. "DonInEP" wrote: > I'm looking f...

how do i get a template in MS access for managing employees & payr
Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos, payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration) and generate monthly details for each employee. Dear Isaac, You don't yet realise that what you have described is not a "simple database". Read widely, on how a relational database works. Here's a site where you can find lots of essential basic material: http://www.accessmvp.c...

Query data and formatting
I have a query on a VFP table (linked through ODBC to our sales software) to summarize the daily value of sales orders entered. I need to group it into weekly amounts and daily amounts but cannot manipulate the data in the query to finish it in a report. I have the daily values totalled by day, but cannot group it beyond that. My end result should display: Date Daily Amount MTD Amt YTD Amt Week of (date) with sub-totals Is there a query criteria formula I can use so I can keep the link to the live data? ...

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

Use Query or Macro to Creat enew Database
I need to figure out a way to create a new database from within an existing database during a process in which i am running several queries. the new database name will have a generic name like "Quarterly..." but will then be concatenated with the quarterly submittal date in a specific format (e.g., 20070601) I'm thinking i could create a query to determine the quarterly date and then concatenate with the other part of the file name, but how would i actually create a process for creating a new database (in a specified directory) from within my existing directory. any sugg...

I need 2 add a legend 2 pictures in a word or publisher document
can anyone help My first suggestion would be to use proper words. Using cutesy shorthand is downright annoying. Having said that - what exactly do you want to do? And in which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or publisher document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C68A8C-6C18-4A36-9B62-B66FBE049F31@microsoft.com... > can anyone help Is this English? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or p...

How do I add new symbols/pix to my bullet list?
Hello everyone! I am new to OneNote & I LOVE it... I am gradually learning all the features as I continue to use it for school + personal stuff. I cannot figure out how to add new bullets (symbols/pix/etc.) to my bullet list in onenote ~ it is driving me crazy! I want to have a completely new bullet on my bullet library list. Is there any way I can get one off of microsoft word or somewhere to permanently add to my bullet library on OneNote??? Please help! Or let me know if im even making sense.. I don't think it can be done. Only the default ones are available. Of cou...

Reporting Tools Setup
..Good Day, When want to use Excel report builder to publish certain reports. We entered the shared location of the data connections in the Reporting Tools Setup screen, when we Run the deployment it pops up with a message that states one or more files failed to deploy. On the deployment report the reason given for the failure is 'File not written' Unfortunately the user guides is of very little help. Have anyone else experienced something similar? Thanks Check the read-write access is enabled for the shared location you're trying to deploy? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP O...

jorge...thx....i needed to do something today.
jorge...thx....i needed to do something today. thanks for the addresses. expect lots in snail mail. ...

Rookie-building DB-want to get right the first time! Help?
Rookie user: Access 2007, Using “Picture Yourself Learning: Microsoft Access 2007” as reference guide. Need suggestions for how to structure what seems to me to be a very complicated DB. I want to build it the best way the first time, so I don’t do a lot of work and not have it do what I need. Here’s what I need to do: Track GIS datasets for about 50 natural and environmental hazards. The data itself does not need to be tracked. I do need to track its source (National, State, County or City data) and know its date of creation, and frequency of updates for example. I don’t k...

Tool bar hide in Ac2007
I have an application written Ac2000 that runs fine on computers using Ac2003. A new user installed Ac2007. Part of the program startup procedure applies code to hide toolbars (docmd.ShowToolbar etc.). Normally, the main switchboard form then covers the whole screen. With Ac2007, the toolbar does not hide. Not only does the toolbar show, but an object list also displays on left screen. What kind of code can I write to hide the toolbar and object list. Is there also code that will allow the program to know that it has opened in Ac2007? ...

How get blank document as default
Every time I ask to open a new doc it goes to one of my own password protected ones. How do I just get a bloody blank document to be default???? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Frustrated as all get out" <Frustrated as all get out@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813F000F-A09E-435C-ADF6-17B8202876E1@microsoft.com... > Every time I ask to open a new doc it goes to one of my own password > protected ones. How do I just get a bloody blank document to be > default????...

Outlook 2003 new install wom't start
Outlook 2003 opens very briefly and then shuts down in a few seconds. I am using a 2.66 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and MS Windows XP Pro. SP2. I recently re-installed Windows on a new hard disk and then installed Office 2003 and many other programs. I had had everything in fine working order before (on the old hard disk) but needed to go to a larger hard disk. Now, when I try to start Outlook, it opens but closes after just a few seconds. All the other Office programs work fine. I tried the "detect & repair"; I tried uninstalling Outlook then re-installing; .Still no good on O...

3/4 in. Dr. Heavy Duty Impact Wrench
Price:$712.44 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B000GPV292 Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000GPV292 Features and Benefits: Differential regulator allows the operator to match the required power to the jobImproved oil bath DYNA-PACT clutch delivers higher performance and extended durabilityHandle exhaust directs air away from the work piece and operatorIntegral 3600 air inlet swivel keeps air hose from being twisted and kinkedTeasing throttle design for precise controlLength: 10.75 in.Weight: 10.92 lb.Applications: assembly and maintenance of buses, t...

New Document Page
Somehow I saved text on my "NEW" document page. When I open a new page, it has text on it. Tried clearing and saving but it wants to save a new document, not the blank page. Anyone know how to get back to a new blank document page? Thanks, CT See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "CT" <CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D640D22B-FC36-43B8-9D46-CC07AF564CA9@microsoft.com... > Somehow I saved text on...