a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #3

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

Gantt Chart in Excel. Do I need conditional formatting?
Hello all. I have created a Gantt chart that shows approx. 15 tasks in each project. I am using this to show percentage of completion for each task. It is working just fine and looks great but I need it to insert a date when a task is at 100% completion to show the client the date that particular task was completed. How would I do this without ruining my chart I already have working fine? I know this is probably easy to do but I cannot seem to keep the rest of the chart intact. Is conditional formatting the answer? Thanks! You could use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this: h...

Error upon exporting results of query to text file
Using Access 2000 and Windows XP Professional I have a query that, when executed, returns a substantial number of rows. This is exported to a tab delimited text file to be used in correlation with other software. I've exported the results of the query numerous times. Now, all of a sudden, when trying to export to a text file, I get a "Permission denied" error with nothing more than an "OK" button. What could be causing this? The only change made to the query in the midst of all the exporting is a change in the date range criteria. Thanks in ...

Exchange Admin tools #2
Hi Guy's I nstalled the Exchange admin tools on my windows XP, but during the creation of account and creating of mailbox. I found out the mailbox store is not showing up Installation procedure I alraedy performed 1. IIS 2. Adminpak.msi 3 . Exchange admin tools 4. I delegate control on the support team to be able to manage the "accounting ou" Please advise why the mailbox store is not showing up.. regards robert Did you assign them "Exchange View Only Admin" permission? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepe...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Posting new data to PM & RM before year-end or fiscal period close
Hi GP Users, If I have already posted some new data before closing the old financial year, what are the possible problems that may happen when I close it? Any solutions to that? Thanks Andrew ...

Changing Free/Busy Publishing Time
I wanted to change our publishing time from two months to 12 months. In order to do this I implimented a group policy that changed this time. The group policy seems to be effective in changing that value, however when it comes to scheduling meetings, only two months are visible. The only way I have found to rectify this is to run Outlook with a /cleanfreebusy switch once. However, it doesn't seem practical to do this across a large number of users. Is there any way I can do this server side to acheive the same effect? Thanks! On 28 Jul 2006 09:40:46 -0700, JamesSKemp@gmail.com wrote: &...

Don't Get All My Mail
I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000SP-3. I am not getting all of the same emails on Outlook 2000 that I get in Outlook Express. It is not a filtering problem. Can anyone help me. I also use IE6 with SBC as my ISP and also don't get the same messages as I get in Express. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make Outlook 2000 as my default, but I'm afraid I will not get all of my mail until this is fixed. You can post here or reply to me directly.... alphalandscape@sbcglobal.net Do you have OE set for the accts to Leave Mail on Server? If not, OE will remo...

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

Need help removing characters in multiple cells
I have an excel 2007 sheet that has over 300 cells in a column that have a name of a store plus a number between paranethesis. Is there a one step way I can remove the paranethesis? Here is an example: K-Mart (ABC#73846365) and I want to have just the following K-Mart Each cell has a different store name and set of numbers within the paranethesis. Thanks Select the range to fix. Edit|replace what: _(* (spacebar, open paren, asterisk) with: (leave blank) replace all It looked like you'd want to remove the space character after the t in k-mart. "<----- Mardm...

New Essays
The weather in Ottawa last week was terrible; I spent the whole week in the hotel where I was teaching. Then I had multi-hour plane delays on the trip back. The result was that I developed two new essays, and revisions of two others. The primary essay was one prompted by a question here a couple weeks ago regarding metafiles. I remembered that I had done some work on this back around the time of the Win32 book, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I decided to redo it, The result was my MetaFile Explorer. It is still a work-in-progress, but it is stable enough now that I can release ...

Disaster Recovery
Hi, I experienced a hardware failure on my vmware server which was running a SQL Server 2005 vm. I had an "older" copy of this machine with the same exact settings. I was able to bring it up but now I can't get it to talk to my DPM 2007 server which has all the SQL protected data. I uninstalled the agent manually and reinstalled it with the -dpmServerName option... still no luck. Any ideas? If I understand it correctly: 1. An SQL 2005 server which is hosted on a VM server was being protected by DPM 2007. 2. Due to VM server failure, you have brought the S...

Max Query
Hi all, I have 2 tables. One holds account numbers. One holds invoices, linked to account numbers. Ive got a query to show the latest invoice for each account number, via the MAX function. However, once this has been done, due to it being an aggregate function. There is no way of me editing this query once done. Is there any way around this, as i would like to only show the latest invoice, and edit information in that. Regards, A correlated sub-query in the WHERE clause might work for you if you don't have a lot of records. SELECT * FROM Accounts INNER JOIN Invoic...

Removing Blank Cells #3
I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank columns and rows from a worksheet. There really is no need for this many blank rows in the workpaper I am working on and I assume it contributes to the overall size of the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance. Hi you can't remove them (you can hide them if you like9. Also they do not add up to the size of your worksheet 8at least as long as your used range is correct) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Mortenson wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank > columns and rows from a works...

New Workbook Defaults to Personal.xls
Hi, Whenever I start a new instance of Microsoft Excel, the default filename is Personal.xls, instead of Book1 (or whatever...) Since I have some procedures built into my Personal Macro Workbook, can I change the default name of a new Excel workbook? Any help you can lend would be appreciated. Henry It sounds like your personal.xls workbook is visible (most people have this workbook opened as a hidden workbook). Open excel with personal.xls the active workbook window|hide and close excel You'll be prompted to save personal.xls (because of that change to hidden). Select yes. Now ...

Help with complex query 05-09-07
Hi all, I've got a query that I'm not sure how to develop. My tables: Quotes - QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer QuoteItems - RecordID, QuoteNo, PartNo, Lifecycle, Value There's a one-to-many relationship between Quotes and QuoteItems, i.e. one quote can have many items. I need to run a query to show a list of quotes with totals from the QuoteItems table i.e. QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer, List of PartNos, List of Lifecycles, TotalValue I haven't got a clue how to start this, I know it needs to be nested queries, but the listing of parts and lifecycles is particularly stumpin...

Remote notification of new mail
I want to have a notification sent to a pager using snpp I am using Outlook 2k client on a exchange 5.5 server. If anyone has a solution I wiould love to here what you have done. CRT crtoner@comcast.net ...

I need installation software.
I write my software in Visual C++ version 6. It has been many years since I used InstallShield and I don't think I have that software anymore. Right now I need a fairly simple installation utility program. Is there any good FREE (or low cost) installation software that I can download? TonyG wrote: > I write my software in Visual C++ version 6. It has been many years > since I used InstallShield and I don't think I have that software > anymore. Right now I need a fairly simple installation utility program. > > Is there any good FREE (or low cost) installation soft...

Inbox Repair Tool error
A member of our staff overflowed his Inbox last week. A quick check revealed that it was slightly over the 2Gb suggested limit. I ran the 2GB Truncate Utility, and then ran the Inbox Repair Tool. When the repair tool gets about halfway through Phase 6 of 8, it stops and I get the error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan to be stopped. No changes have been made to the scanned file." I've gone back to the original PST file three times now to each time cut off more and more excess with the 2GB utility, but each time I get the same error message with ...

Business portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0
Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? Per the "Dear Customer" letter, and I quote, "Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 does not support Microsoft Business Portal 3.0". Regards, Ling "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? > > > Microsoft may not support Business Portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0 but has anyone tried getting it to work? "Linguinut" <Linguinut@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:0863F6B8-40B1-455C-AB90-2BEC30CDD593@microsoft.com... > Per the...

Simple hack to get $1000 to your home
Simple hack to get $1000 to your home at http://easywayformoney.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...

eConnect
We are getting the following messages on one of our machines when we try and connect to Great Plains with eConnect: Error #1: Version=8.0.2.0 Unique MessageId = Error Number = -2147168246 Error Description = New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. Error Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Line Number=9530 Error #2: Version=8.0.2.0 Unique MessageId = Error Number = 2303 Error Description = The registration failed for eConnect. Please insure that valid registration keys where entered for eConnect. Error Source = ExecProcsXML.ExecStoredProc...

the new excel help is horrible!!!! (way to go, limiting comments)
how do I get the previoulsy found HELP to list the typical formulas, or use of special characters, like the & symble in excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=102753c7-0f12-402b-9da0-3...