a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #3

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

entering new data in a saved spreadsheet without losing formulas?
How do I do this? Hi Jackie, As long as you do not overwrite the formulas, then any new data will not affect the formula. I suspect though that there is more to this question. Are you concerned about writing new data into a cell that has a formula in it? The way to stop a cell's data being overwritten is to put protection onto it. This means taking protection off all the other cells otherwise you will not be able to write data to any cell. First select the whole worksheet concerned, then go to Format\Cells and select the protection tab and unselect the 'locked' tick box,...

Need Advise for Two Email Domains
Hello-- We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new address. I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the outside. Ca...

Copy Cells with VBA
Hello, I'd like a VBA macro that would copy in row C4 of worksheet A the content of row E11 of worksheet B. Is that possible ? Regards, Hi Jef If both workbooks are open try this I think you mean a range instead of a row? Workbooks("A.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("C4").Value = _ Workbooks("B.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("E11").Value -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637A2067-D2D9-4607-B2D2-B03884429075@microsoft.com... > He...

Automate copy command
I'm processing a large data file from which I want to extract blocks of data by means of a template, this is only the first of many data files. I've used the vlookup command to match start and end timestamps and to return an index number that cooresponds to the start and end row numbers. How can I automate the copying of the blocks of data into a new sheet (or file)? ...

Signature gets deleted
I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to send the message. As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted (rest of the message remains intact). If I create the message and select the account to use before inserting the signature all is fine. Any idea what is going on? PE, you wrote on Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0000: > I create a message, insert a signature and click on which account to use to > send the message. As soon as I select an account the signature gets deleted > (rest of the message remains intact). > > If I...

Disable prompt for external query
My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened. Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic refresh. Is this possible to automatically bypass? I'd like the query update to happen seamlessly without any prompting. This link will provide details of how to do what you want: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011362611033.aspx "Hall" wrote: > My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened. > > Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic >...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

FREE $5.00
Hello All : See http://www.getfreecard.com and get $5.00 Gift Card for Shell Gasoline absolutely free. And if you intruduce 3 of your friend, I will make it $10.00 Good Luck and enjoy your free Gas card. ...

How to get ID of a button & bitmap in a BitmapButton???
Hii all, I am using BitmapButtons in my application and I want to get the ID of the button aswell as the bitmap placed on it using a CWnd pointer to it.If this is not feasible please do help me with how to get a handler to button & bitmap so that I could use the GetDlgCtrlID() function to retrieve the button/bitmap ID’s. A big Thanxxxxxxxxxxxx in advance, Gov. ----- Well if you have a CWnd pointer to the Button. (I think you answered your own question on this one) pButton->GetDlgCtrlID(); or GetDlgCtrlID(pButton->m_hWnd); As far as the Bitmap ID goes, that information is not ...

Need help editing budget
In many catagories of my budget, the budgeted amount includes a billed amount rather than only what I budgeted. When I go to edit budget, I highlight the area I want to change and a copy of the reoccuring bill shows up. What am I doing wrong? ...

Criteria for select query.
I have Access2003. I need a criteria expression to select certain data from a query QryLedgerTxns. When the ledger is reconciled with the bank statement, that statement date is manually entered into a QryLedgerTxns field called "DateStatement". The "DateStatement" field matches a ledger transaction field called "Withdrawal" My aim is to add up all the sums in the "Withdrawal" field *not* reconciled with the bank statement. The "Withdrawal" field is currency. The "DateStatement" field is Date/time. Therefo...

API TO get User Name
What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? >What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? Have a look at GetUserNameEx NameSamCompatible Dave Hi Michael, Yes, just as David provided, GetUserNameEx will help you to retrieve the user or other security principal associated with the calling thread. If you got a different token other than the current calling thread, you may first call ImpersonateLoggedOnUser by passing the token to impersonate the token in the current thread and then use GetUserNameEx to obtain the user ...

need help managing volume size
XP pro I use an array for automated daily backup, I have set up three folders on the array A,B, C. Problems: The array stops accepting data after it reaches a certain level so backups are not executed until I notice and take action. I also wish to keep the size of each folder at a certain level. Right now I am merging files across the array initially loading files into the first folder (A) than moving to the next (B), then the last (C), then purging from the last folder (C) using a program called delinda which uses the files' creation date as the trigger for merging and purging....

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

keep getting error message when importing clipart
While in Publisher I am trying to import clipart and keep getting this error message: The appropriate graphic converter is not available. I have reinstaleld my software using the full install setting. I have downloaded all updates and it still won't work. Can somone help me? Clear your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If that doesn't cure your issue, post back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karon" <Karon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A2A64FD-B544-4...

Saved Queries #2
We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003. On our DC, I created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in the result is the Name and Type (contact, user). In order to get the Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way. Is there a way to use the AND operator when setting up the queries? Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then import it but you can't export the saved querie...

Can I copy formulas "as they are" when they are not static
Hi, I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to transfer them to other location without formulas changing. They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer Don't ask me why ;-) -Sirritys Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to | transfer them to...

How do you get rid of white borders that appear when you print?
I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print completely on the page. There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have the printing put the background color. I have tried both to apply the color as a background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to print I have a white border. I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to go to the edges. I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can adjust the margins. Thanks This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not sure what el...

Can't get install to launch anymore
Hi, I had tried to do install earlier today of the CRM server. The install failed at some point where it seemed like it was trying to put data in the database. Everything seemed to be installed but I could not get access to the application. I tried to uninstall, this failed with an error of not much description. i wanted to try and re-install, but it could not get started, it was complaining that it get not determine my account name. I thought I polluted the system with all the other stuff that was going on, so I formated and started from scratch. I am not back to the point where I can in...

new e-mail
need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need From your mail server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B39132-E6F9-45E7-ADDA-DA234D0A023C@microsoft.com... > need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need Do you have an existing email addres...

refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email
Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM. Has anybody found a good workaround? Maybe an automatic screen refresh or some sort of notification? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks. ...

create new mail item from current item
Greetings, How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? Thank you, Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does the current item have to do with the new item you want to create? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "lindstrom" wrote: > Greetings, > How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? > Thank you, > > --- > fr...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen
Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen Wealthy Men is the one and only online personals site dedicated to those men & women seeking a higher caliber online dating experience. 5 Great Reasons to Join WealthyMen Women now can join a personals site with successful men who make over $100k a year. Men receive many more emails from women than from any other dating site. Men are verified using our patented WM Verification System. Our sophisticated user interface makes checking messages & browsing new members a snap. Connect with thousands of new members eve...