a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software
0
Mia

macro needed
hello listers to begin with i have no great excel skills what I am looking for is a macro that I can easily use to send mail to a list of users I have made a web page that students sign up on http://biosciences.utoledo.edu/prs enter there info when they press submit the data is saved to a text file that can be opened as a csv file in excel I would like to have a macro go row by row down the page and extract the email from column G and insert that in to an email and also the students name from coulmn B. The csv file is set up like this ID Fname Lname StudentID TransmitID Section e...

Adobe FLASH & AI cannot COPY...
my client have 2 work stations, both are winxp 64bit SP2...and CS4...all official licensed products with latest updates... COPY function fails always...such problem occurs since last week...after reinstallation of OS...due to other problem of ADOBE CS$... ctrl+C...menu/edit/copy...right click copy... all fail... i've checked the clipboard...but only img or txt copied last time... asked ADOBE...the advised to remove settings file of these two software... after so... AI...failed after few minutes... FLASH...failed after about 30 to 40 mins... concurrently...copy function...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

WIll M2004 still get bug fixes?
Hello, Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or are we forced to upgrade? Thanks Frank likely no additional fixes to M2004 .. but why upgrade because of that fact? Vernon "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utd$JCT9EHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or > are we forced to upgrade? > > > Thanks > Frank > > M05 has more bugs than M04 needs fixes. Likely it still will when M06 comes out. M04 will never get anot...

How to combine two identically structured tables to query them
Hi, I am sure there is a way that you can have a query that effectively takes two separate tables that have the identical column layout and add them together and then perofrm a query on the combined set of data. I just can't remember how to do it. My reason for need in this is that I have a table called "SellerNumbers" that has 4 million rows of data in it and what I want to do to improve performance is archive the oldest 2 years worth of data to an identical table called "SellerNumbersArchive", however the users want to be able to occasionaly run quer...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

Free ASP.NET MVC paging component
I wrote a free asp.net mvc paging component (should it be called "control"?) called MvcPager, it supports 3 paging mode:standard url paging,default Ajax paging and jQuery Ajax paging. The paging implementation was inspired by Scottgu's PagedList<T> idea. You can view online demo and download it from http://en.webdiyer.com in case you're interested for this component! Hope you can find it's helpful! ...

My Exchange server will not make new mailboxes
I had one e-mail server on this domain it was giving us trouble so I installed a new server on the domain and made it an exchange server. I moved all the mailboxes that where in use to the new e-mail server. I wait two weeks and shut down the old server, but now when I create a new user in active directory and tell it to create a mailbox it looks as if it creates one. When I look in the properties of the user and go to the e-mail address tab it is blank. When I right click on the users name and go to exchange task it gives me the option to move the mailbox to the old server which is ...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

New type of activity
Hello, I want to create a new type of activity. For eg., like the way we have types in Phone Task, Fax, Phone Call,etc. we need to have 1 or 2 more types. Is it possible? Regards, Venkat Venkat; New activities are not currently possible without using the SDK. MSFT has promised more flexibility with activities in v2.0 (due Q1 2005). Dave The only way to do this would be to create the new activities in a different table and link somehow back to CRM. A number of companies have developed solutions like this. As said this feature has been mentioned as a possible for the next crm release a...

Specific Age Query for a Date Range
Table = Personal Field = Birthdate I need to create a query to show who is of a certain age for January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008. For example, I need to know who will be 50, 60, 65, 70 and 75. I would like to create the query so that when I click the query to open it, I have to input the age. I've done other queries to show who is of a specific age as of today: AgeYears: DateDiff("yyyy",[Birthdate],Date())-IFF(Format([Birthdate],"mmdd")>Format(Date(),"mmdd",1,0), with criteria of [Age in Years] ... but I cannot figure out how to pull a report...

Creating New GP Company
I am in the process of creating a new GP Data Company – normally I just go to utilities and select “Create A Company” and I am good to go. This time however when I create the new company not all of the Manufacturing tables/stored procedures are created. I know that I have successfully created new companies prior to me installing SP5. When I log into the new company I get the following error: SQLServer souldnot find the stored procedure ‘CDA01.dbo.msysCompDoseMfgCompExist’ then invalid object name ‘ICJC6000’ When I actually try to go into a MOP module I get a message stating that M...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

Simple update Query
Hi, I'm sure I've done this in the past but can't figure how. I have 2 tables "A" and "B" both with the following fields Town; Council I want to update Table "A"'s Council field with the Council information in table "B" Could someone please give me the SQL code to do this. Thanks in advance UPDATE TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.Town = TableB.Town SET TableA.Council = TableB.Council. IF you can only do this using design view -- Open a new query -- Select the two tables -- Set up a join by dragging from town to town -- add the Cou...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...

Need a code
I need a code that does the following: If C3>D3, B3 value will start blink and if C3<D3, E3 value will start blink. Any help please. Thanks in advance. Personally, I would recommend against blinking text, but if you insist on employing it, this website should help you get started... http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BlinkingText.aspx NOTE: Pay particular attention to the second of the two points delineated in the Summary section at the bottom of the webpage. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "MAX" <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7E6...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

Excel Tool Bars
Lately, when I open Excel, the top Excel name bar and the bottom tool bar are not on the screen. It appears that the worksheet is too large to be contained on the screen. Hi Bailey, Can't tell from your description, so just trying to grasp at straws.. -- are the toolbars floating, if so drag to correct position so the become docked Applies to toolbars but not the name box and address bar. -- do you have problems in other applications, i.e. Display settings, screen resolutions -- is the zoom control at 100% -- What happens in Full Screen mode and in restore (buttons upper right...

New task item for bunch of users to fill in a survey
Created a survey to be filled in by a bunch of users. How can I assign a task item for each of them with the least effort from my part, so they know to fill in the survey? I was thinking of filling a list with all the usernames, then start a workflow that creates the tasks having the "Assigned To" filled in by the list. Is this the right approach, or is there another/easier way I overlook? ~Hans ...

Experts Needed for Color Coding
Hello: this ought to be a challenge. I have a spreadsheet with 10 columns Col A contains an ID There are various color coded cells in each; Row 1: B - C are red; F is yellow Row 2: C is green; E is yellow, etc. Row count could be up to 300 Objective: Before refreshing this report (from Access query) 1. identify cell color for cells in rows 2. After refresh, find row (per the ID field) and replicate the color Conditions: New unique rows may be added during the refresh; these will not be color coded The color is applied without consistent rules in many cases Rather than refreshing the repo...