29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET

Hi

here is a list of 29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and
ASP.NET.

Download fast at http://free-tech-ebooks.blogspot.com/

Re: Can you include a recipient using activeDocument.SendMail VB
See the article "How to send an email from Word using VBA� at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm Note that the Routing Slip method does NOT work in Office 2007 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "rick" <sam@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <1038928a8b81482f85e04738c78b0ec2@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:150.228.4...

VB code
Hi all, I am trying to create a macro using VB. Here is what I want my macro to do : I have file1 and file 2 saved in each monthly folder like c:/month/file1.xle c:/month/file2.xle I have a spreadsheet like this A B C D E Date Unit No. Sale Amt Source1 Source2 9/4/2005 UN01 $2.00 6/8/2004 UN02 $3.00 10/5/2004 UN03 $5.00 My file1 like this colum A colum B Unit No Source1 Un02 10 Uni03 12 Now I need go to file1 to find data for Colum D(Source1) by using vlookup function based on the unit number then extrive the data to colum D and times 50%. So after I run the ma...

How do I setup a book cover using Publisher
I am publishing a book of poetry in Publisher 2003. There are 68 pages including front and back cover (using 8-1/2" x 11" paper). I would like to print the title and author on the spine. However, I am having trouble because of the ruler. I have discovered the "binding margin" option but the ruler still does not allow the wording to print exactly on the spine. Any suggestions? Have you turned on "snap." Have you selected center in the format text box dialog? Look at this article, it has help near the bottom. Structure your publication design using lay...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

Can't open Address Book
When I try to access the address book, I am getting the error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook." ...

Book Recommendation?
Hi, I am an Access developer with some experience writing macros in Excel. I wonder if someone would be able to recommend a good developer level book for excel programming. I have the Access Developers Handbook set and VBA Developers Handbook by Ken Getz & Mike Gilbert. Looking for something that details the Excel object model and how to make best use of the power of Excel formula's and functions (especially from a financial point of view). Any guidance would be much appreciated. Barry-Jon I would recommend Excel 2002 VBA Programmers Reference by John Greem, Stephen Bullen, Ro...

Using Outlook address book in Excel
I am using an Excel Invoice template. Is it possible to use my Outlook address book to enter names, addresses and shipping addresses? I'm using Office 2003 Hi Diane, You do have a few options: 1) Export your outlook address book to a csv file, and pick it up in Excel. you can then use a vlookup formula to return addresses etc. 2) Using Access, link a table to your address book in outlook. You will need to refresh this periodically, but it's less cumbersone than exporting and importing each time you update the address book, as you only need to open the database, right click on ...

.NET Classes: Visio Pro without VS
Hi, I own Visio 2007 Professional, but I do not own Visual Studio -- I only have the Express editions. Because of that, I cannot reverse engineer from Visual Studio to get .NET classes into Visio. How can I get .NET classes into Visio Pro 2007 without the functionality of an entirely separate product? Thanks, John Unfortunately, you have no way to do it in Visio 2007. You will need to have visio 2003 for enterprise architect, reverse and use it in Visio 2007 Enjoy with Visio. <jar349@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7066a237-0f2d-464b-ba43-5ad053e8dcb4@d4g2000prg.googleg...

VB Script on RM Sales Entry window
I added some VB scripting to the RM Sales Entry window. Now every time I try to close after working in the window, it prompts to save or delete an auto-filled document number. This does not happen with the unmodified window. Does anyone know how to suppress this message? I can provide the VB script. VG try setting SetChangeFlag property to false for the field it's complaining about. "VGrinam" wrote: > I added some VB scripting to the RM Sales Entry window. Now every time I try > to close after working in the window, it prompts to save or delete an > auto-...

Address book security feature...
I have Office 2002 Pro running on Windows XP. I have recently updated my Office package with all available updates and have noticed a new, annoying feature. Everytime I compose an e-mail I get the dialog box that states "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?". Is this a normal part of the security update, and if so, is there any way I can disable it? Thanks in advance, Ian Ian Francis <webmaster@teamcomtech.com> wrote: > I have Office 2002 Pro running on Windows XP. I have recently > updated my Off...

marshalling cascading C structures
[I managed to send this twice to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion instead of sending it to this newsgroup... Sorry if you probably read it a third time here.] Folks, consider these cascading C structures: typedef struct AA_ { int aa1; } AA; typedef struct BB_ { int numAA; AA *AAs; } BB; typedef struct CC_ { int numBB; BB *BBs; } CC; which have been allocated dynamically. How can I marshal this in VB.net 2008? I tried this: <StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential)> _ Public Structure AA ...

Relationship between Contact and Opportunity is not shown on C. Si
Roles assigned to contacts in sales projects (opportunities) are not visible on the contacts side. Neither when the opportunity is open nor when it has been closed. Such, you are not able to see in which projects the contact was/is involved. This is clear break in the UI, where information should be accessible from all referred objects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

How to rewrite Dynamic XPath jscript evaluate in c#
I have no problems running the following dynamic XPath evaluator form MSXSL: <msxsl:script implements-prefix="dyn" language="jscript"> evaluate(context, expression) { return context.nextNode().selectNodes(expression); } </msxsl:script> However, I need to run the equivalent from dot net as an XSLT extension object The following code fails with a {"Index was outside the bounds of the array." } class XSLTExtensionObjects { public IXMLDOMNodeList evaluate(IXMLDOMNamedNodeMap context, string expression) { return context.nextNode().selectNod...

CRM Contacts in Outlook Address Book
Hi, We have successfully installed the Outlook clients for CRM 3.0 - both the offline and the online version. All users have the same Accounts and Contacts available in the Outlook Address Book under the Microsoft CRM section. But the relations available are not immediately explainable - they dont seem to be related to the Local Data filters and there seem to be no relation to any configuration setting or saved search. What data is shown here?. Any help on this? TIA! Items in the address book include all instances that you can see which have a primary email address. These are unrelated ...

Handling Cut (CTRL-C) in a CListCtrl dervied control
Hello, I have a CListCtrl derived control which presents some data. Now, I want to add handling of CTRL-C: When the user presses CTRL-C the text of the currently selected item should be copied to the clippboard. As far as I figured, accelerators are my best option? Am I right or is there an 'easy' neat whay like some OnCTRLCPressed messages? Best regards, Oliver >I have a CListCtrl derived control which presents some data. > >Now, I want to add handling of CTRL-C: >When the user presses CTRL-C the text of the currently selected >item should be co...

Chip Pearson's VB Object references
I recently distributed a 2007 workbook that contained pop up calendars courtesy of the Microsoft Office Calendar Control 2007. I foolishly assumed that when a user opened the workbook, Excel would “realise” that there was a Calendar control embedded and automatically enable the VB reference. Optimistic eh? I was looking at ways to automate the enablement of the Calendar reference object – I found this code on Chip Pearson’s site and wondered if a similar thing could be run to automatically select the Calendar control? This code enables the Microsoft Visual Basic Application Ex...

Creating an Address Book for home use and Christmas Card labels
What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use? I also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards. What is the best way to do all of this? Row 1 you have separate column titles for Lastname, Firstname, Address, City, State or Province, ZIP or Postal Code, Phone Number. Enter your data row by row for each person on your list. Then have a look at using Word for the Labels. For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateA...

How to un-book a page on Microsoft Excel
Hi, do you know how I can un-bookmark a webstite. When I click on Microsoft Explorer, I have a website that pops up each time. I want to get rid of it. Please contact me at 772-696-0787 or email me back. Thank you! Hollie ...

Sum same cell in many books
I want to create a new workbook that sums the cell H22 in every book that is in a certain folder. Is there a way to do this? This folder will have a new book added every day .. Thanks, joe Hi honyacker You can create a Sum workbook with code. See http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "honyacker" <invalidemail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ug7uBPz$FHA.1568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I want to create a new workbook that sums the cell H22 in every book that is in a certain folder. > Is there a way to do this? T...

Address book #18
I installed a new hdd making it the master and the old one the slave. All of my contact info is still on the old drive. I need to know the file name and location so that I can get my old contact info back. Thanks. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:097a01c3973e$a20fd920$a001280a@phx.gbl, Danny wrote: > I i...

Visual C++ 6.0 CDialog::Create fails (returns 0)
I don't understand what could cause this? Pass in a valid ID and the current object (this). if( !m_pControlDlg ) { m_pControlDlg = new CControlDlg(); ASSERT( m_pControlDlg ); ASSERT( AfxIsValidAddress( m_pControlDlg , sizeof( CControlDlg ) ) ); bool bCreated = m_pControlDlg->Create( IDD_DIALOG_CONTROL, this ); ASSERT(bCreated);////this is where my failure occures m_pControlDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOWNORMAL ); } Any ideas? I appreciate any ideas you could give. Thanks. "Kman" <kman_l@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190846202.092456.23310@g4g2000h...

VB Script error
Hi, I was given this script below in answer to a previous question by Bob Phillips (thanks Bob) . Here is my previous question : "if a log for 'today' has already been created, what code do I (well you!) need to add to advise the user of this, and a message box asking them if they want to view it,then being taken there if required., thanks again" the script Bob provided is Sub Create_log() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Sheets("Log master") .Visible = True On Error Resume Next Set sh = Worksheets(Format(Date, "YYY...

extracting Address Book contents from Outlook?
I have a client who wants to extract (copy, not delete) all contacts, especially the Categories field, and export to a tab-delimited text file for manipulation in another application. Environment is Outlook 2000 (SR1) on Exchange Server 2000. I'm not familiar with Outlook, except as an infrequent user. Is there a way to do this? What about using the File | Import and Export command?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "d...

Adding shared contacts as address book.
We are running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 and 2003. I have to people who share Contacts and would like to have the shared persons Contacts show up as an Address Book. There is no "Share this folder as an Outlook Address Book" shared Contacts. Any ideas? The process of adding another user's Contacts folder to your own address book display is somewhat involved. You will need to be able to create -- at least temporarily -- an Outlook profile that opens another user's mailbox as the primary mailbox. Proceed with these steps while logged in under your own Windows account,...

.Net Client calling Apache WebService: Problem with NULL-Values
Hello, i am trying to call a Apache WebService, which accepts NULL-Values for some Parameters of a specific Web-Method. NULL-Values are mapped within the soap-request by the .NET Client corresponding to the following example-schema: <ffin xsi:nil="true" /> the problem is that Apache expects the following request-schema: <ffin xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/> otherwise Apache responds with an exception. How can i get my .Net Web-Service Client to add the missing "xsi:type" attribute Thank you for your answers! Apache What? Apach...