.Net Mass Downloader Reference Source Debugable Under VS2005

Grab your copy from http://www.codeplex.com/NetMassDownloader/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Home

It allows batch download, offline debugging and debug under 2005 for
MS Permissive Licence Code.

NET Mass Downloader
Welcome to the .NET Mass Downloader project. While it's great that
Microsoft has released the .NET Reference Source Code, you can only
get it one file at a time while you're debugging. If you'd like to
batch download it for reading or to populate the cache, you'd have to
write a program that instantiated and called each method in the
Framework Class Library. Fortunately, .NET Mass Downloader comes to
the rescue!

Using .NET Mass Downloader
Open a command or PowerShell prompt and navigate to where you
extracted the current release. The tool itself is
NetMassDownloader.exe and when run without parameters shows the
following help screen:

..Net Mass Downloader 1.0.0.0 - (c) 2008 by Kerem Kusmezer, John
Robbins

Batch download the Microsoft .NET Reference Source code.

Usage: NetMassDownloader [-file <file>]
                         [-directory <directory]
                         [-output <directory>]
                         [-vsver <version>]
                         [-force] [-nologo] [-verbose] [-?]

    -file      - Download an individual file's PDB and source code.
You can
                 specify multiple file parameters. (Short -f).
    -directory - Download all the found PDB and source code for all
files in
                 the specified directory. You can specify multiple
                 directory parameters (Short -d).
    -output    - The output directory for PDB and source files. The
default
                 directory is the cache directory set in Visual Studio
2008.
                 By using the cache directory, you'll have the PDB and
source
                 files available to Visual Studio 2008. However, to
use the
                 .NET Reference Source Code with VS 2005, use the -
output
                 switch and in the Options dialog, Debugging, Symbols
property
                 page, add the specified output directory to the
"Symbol file
                 (.pdb) locations." Also, add the directory to the
Solution
                 Properties, Common Properties, Debug Source Files,
Directories
                 containing source code location. The Visual Studio
2005
                 debugger will automatically load the source code.
(Short -o)
    -vsver     - The Visual Studio version number to use for finding
the cache
                 directory. The default is Visual Studio 2008,
                 but if you want to use the cache directory for Visual
Studio
                 2005, you would pass '-vsver 8.0' (without quotes)
(Short -vs)
    -force     - If specified, forces the downloading the PDB files
into the
                 symbol server. When downloading to a symbol server if
the PDB
                 exists, it's not downloaded. Using the -output switch
will
                 always download and process the PDB. (Short -fo)
    -nologo    - Don't show the logo information. (Short -n)
    -verbose   - Do verbose output. May be worth turning on as the
downloading
                 source code can take a long time. (Short -v)
    -?         - This help message.
The only required arguments are -file or -directory, both of which can
be specified as many times as you'd like. When you specify a
directory, only the .DLL and .EXE files from that directory will be
processed. If you wanted to download all the source code from binaries
in the .NET 2.0 32-bit and 64-bit directories, the command line you'd
pass is: -d C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 -d C:\Windows
\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727.

The main purpose of Net Mass Downloader is to populate the source code
download cache for debugging, the default download location is the
cache you specified to Visual Studio 2008. The -vsver switch to
account for future Visual Studio versions so Mass Downloader could
work with future CTPs and versions.

While it's great to see the .NET Reference Source Code in Visual
Studio 2008, there are a lot of developers out there who can't upgrade
yet, but would love to be able to debug into the .NET Reference Source
Code. If you specify the -output parameter, the PDB and .NET Reference
Source Code will be written to the specified directory. In Visual
Studio 2005, place that directory in the Options dialog, Debugging,
Symbols property page. In the "Symbol file (.pdb) locations" list box
as the first item. Also in the Options dialog, Debugging, General
property page, uncheck "Require source files to exactly match the
original version." Finally, in each Visual Studio 2005 project go into
the solution property pages, Common Properties, Debugging Source
Files, and in the "Directories containing source code" add the output
directory to the top of the list. That's enough for Visual Studio 2005
to debug into the .NET Reference Source Code.

When you first run Net Mass Downloader, you will be prompted with the
current EULA for accessing the source code. If you don't agree with
the Microsoft EULA, clicking the Decline button will not download the
source code.

Unable to debug a .dll file
Hello, I have 3 projects in an MFC application, in which 2 are dlls which the active project accesses. My application is giving an error on one of the devices (projector), whereas the same application works fine on another device of the same family of projectors. This application is for updating the firmware of the projector. When i was debugging the active project, i saw that the problem lies in the way the projector is responding to one of the calls made from one of the dlls. Now to check what exactly is the problem in the function present in the dll, i tried applyign break points in the d...

Placing Order Source On Invoice
I have a customer that receives orders for product through many sources. Is there way to insert the source of an order onto the invoice (i.e. FAX, Internet, Phone, Mail Order)? On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:10:05 -0800, "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a customer that receives orders for product through many sources. Is >there way to insert the source of an order onto the invoice (i.e. FAX, >Internet, Phone, Mail Order)? Notes of Invoice Antonio Is there any way to "macro" these entries though? They want to track every order's ...

Automatically Open File After Download?
I have a file extension associated with my application. What I'd like is when a user downloads a file with my extension, that instead of the prompt "Save As, Open, etc", I'd like the file to automatically download and open up in my application. Is this possible and if so, what are the registry keys that I have to setup? Is there a class somewhere that could possibly help with this? TIA. There is a reason the browser does that. It is called "security". No user should do a download without being given the option of what to do. joe On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:06...

"Money failed to download the necessary files..." (SP1 Update)
Upgrading to SP1, and I'm having a problem that, it seems, no one else is having. I get the message that Money requires a software update, so I click OK. It looks like it's about to go for about a half second but then the little dialog with the meter flashes out of existence and is replaced by another that says: "Money failed to download the necessary files for a software update. Security software on your computer may have interfered, or the servers that provide the download may be temporarily unavailable. Check your firewall, anti-virus, or other security software fo...

VC++ .NET 2002: No Ellipse drawn in Window when using the MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode
Hi all I changed some lines of the Ex05a example of "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference " (6th Edition) (Microsoft Press, 2003) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski in the following way: Replaced the default MM_TEXT mapping mode with the variable-scale MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode in the OnDraw funtion of Ex05View.cpp file (see the attached file below). I did 'Build' successfully. I clicked '! Start Without Debuggin' and an "Ex05a-Untitled" window appeared, but it did not have the Ellipse figure!!?? Please help and tell me what I should d...

ASP.NET DATAGRID and XML field
Hi, I have an XML node similar to this <CONDITION> <![CDATA[<G>Apps-ActiveSync</G>]]> </CONDITION> and I would like to see the inner text of the node in a ASP.NET text box, namely the following text: <G>Apps-ActiveSync</G> The first time it works, but then the filled web control TextBox (ASP.NET) generates an error when the web page will be requested... I get the following error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (txtCondition="<G>Apps-ActiveSync</..."). How can I solve the problem? Pl...

downloading ING CD info
Hi, I was downloading my ING info into Money fine until I opened ING CD accounts. Now every time I download, it wants me to assign the CD account numbers to an account in Money. But it asks this every time, it doesn't seem to remember. It does not do this with my savings accounts, only the CDs. Any ideas? ...

Named ranges: don't want absolute references #2
Here's my dilemma, and it's a large one as my company utilizes a larg model where this is an issue. When named ranges are references, the are - by default - absolute references. This is a problem becaus named ranges are very good identifiers to decode a formula (and ou model uses very long, complicated formulas). Say I have a table with 50 rows, one for each state. The other column are RATES, MODS and SURCHG, with range names all around. Elsewhere i the file, I have a cell with this formula (for CA, e.g, and I can typ it in just like this): CA_RATE * CA_MOD+CA_SURCHG. Problem is...

GP 10.0 Integration Manager Programmatically Add New Source Field
I'm new to Integration Manager. I would like to take a text file (source file) and programmatically add a new source field through a script, then parse out one part of the Source File string and place in this newly created Source Field to later be setup through a translation table. Is this possible and what's the best way to go about it? Thanks for any help or guidance! ...

my e-mail do not download automatic
I have to do it manually. what' s the proper setup when I work on outlook 2003 . I would like to have my mail to be downloaded automatically. Thanks for your help. Anne Goto, Tools, options, send and receive, and then specify a time about half way down the dialogue box. HTH -- Regards, Kev "We Can Do Whatever We Want If Only We Care Enough" "Anne: anne.heilig18@gmail.com" <Anne: anne.heilig18@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:121457B5-B215-46F6-88B5-89A645AC17F5@microsoft.com... >I have to do it manually. what' s the pr...

Why do multiple circular references affect each other in a worksh.
I am trying to create a mileage tracker for service records, eg. a1=total miles, b1=miles. I would like to enter in the new miles into b1 every time. I found that a circular reference works for this but for only one entry and I have many parts to keep track of. If at all possible I would like to be able to make this work for each part and all on one worksheet. If other worksheets are required for calculation purposes that is fine. Any help is appreciated. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <3BCB94AA-A9B0-4107-BE70-9FB484765739@microsoft.com...

Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around?
Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around? when writing a large file with using(StreamWriter ... if the network drive of the share is removed then the file is never closed. I tried doing the using clause, i tried both close and closehandle in the finaly clause. in all cases if a large file is being written to a network drive and the network drive is disconnected the file handle remains open. when i try to close, dispose, or closehandle it in the finaly clause it fails to close because it tries to flush the buffer in all of those cases. is this a bug in ..net file io? is there a wo...

I downloaded a template for stationery.. how can i find it
I downloaded a template from microsoft office but cannot locate it; How can I findit? Go back to the web page from where you downloaded the template and read the instructions for finding/using it once you have it downloaded. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, foxylady asked: | I downloaded a template from microsoft office but cannot locate it; | How can I findit? "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote...

Free Live Voice and Video Chat!Connect with Over 4 Million Members download now
Free Live Voice and Video Chat!Connect with Over 4 Million Members download now on http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3714215-10516597 ...

Enable WLS Download Player IE7 &IE8
Dear All I have problems to enable audio when i want to view WLS Download Player offline. When i select prepare system i get message some Active X problem and shows some debugging message and the tab is restarted. I have enable ActiveX but steel have this problem. Also i have problem in Firefox to install plug-ins for media player for the same purpose viewing WLS presentations. Does some one can help. TNX -- kokpit ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 / Virtual PC Demo Download from Microsoft
Hi all, i have a question about the Virtual PC Demo of CRM 3.0 that you can download from Microsoft. I downloaded this at Microsoft to play around with MS CRM and to test some things. This Virtual PC Image with CRM runs until June or July 2007. Now i have the question if there is a chance to have this running until the end of 2007. Is the limitation in the Virtual PC Image or the Server or in CRM ? We have here a valid CRM license with our MSDN so can i install this in this VPC image to have this running until the end of the year ? Greetings Henning H.Bach, Why would you not want to do...

VERIFY and TRACE, how to implement for debug/release, unicode-aware, no warnings at lvl 4
Hi group and apologize because this isn't a pure MFC-question. I have to finish a raw win32 app written in C++. I really miss the macros TRACE and VERIFY, which I tend to use when writing MFC programs. I googled for "win32 verify macro" and the very first hit is for a codeproject.com project with implementations to be used in a win32 program, however. The project contains a single header file, debug.h, but it doesn't compile without warnings (using warning level 4), doesn't seem to be unicode aware and doesn't compile at all in release mode. I was just wonderin...

Any probelm with .net 3.0 and Exchange 2003?
I'm setting up a new Exchange 2003 server into an existing organization. I'm going to install it, then migrate some mailboxes from a currently overloaded server. Our current Exchange servers are Exchange Ent 2003sp2, running on Windows 2003 Enterprise, SP1. For the new server, I'm installing Windows 2003 R2, with service pack2. Exchange is not installed yet. Windows Update is showing that the O/S should have the .NET framework installed. It lists both 2.0 and 3.0 versions (I would assume 3.0 includes everything that's in 2.0). I know Exchange 2003 doesn't need t...

Rule: Don't download and delete from server?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to construct the following rule: If an email contains a certain word (or is from a particular address, or domain, or whatever) do not download it, and delete it from the server? I'm getting hit by emails that are HUGE, and are from "trouble makers" who are just hitting the 'net. Outlook reports that it's downloading a 40KB msg (for example), and after many minutes, my Norton AV reports it has deleted a message containing a particular virus. I'd rather my computer not waste its time doing this, so I'd like a rule that will just dele...

Client Server Application. (NET?, MFC?, COM?, WEB SERVICE?...)???
Hi All, I have to develop an application Client Server (IN C++). (This application controls the stock of a supermarket.) The db is SQL Server Which is the better choice? MFC or Windows Forms. MFC whit COM or Web Services. Windows Forms whit COM or Web Services. .. as should be this? I am confused. Thank you very much. ...

Mutual fund download errors
I am having trouble downloading shares of mutual funds accurately. 2004 never made an error, 2005 keeps repeating the same download error, getting the shares wrong. Any ideas? ...

VB.NET CF, Excel 2003, and XML
Hello, I am trying to open the contents of a dataset (contained in a pocket pc) as an xml file in Excel 2003. I created an XMLTextWriter and exported the dataset like this: DataSet.WriteXml(XMLTextWriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) Office 2003 was unable to open the file properly and confused the header with the data. If I use the XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema parameter, I am still unable to get the columns labelled properly. In the XML source window, I load the schema through the XML Maps... button. When I import the data, it says no schema is specified and creates a NEW map with ns1...

Reference for Silicon Digital
We are looking for a partner reference. Has anyone out there use Silicon Digital to migrate data from Quickbooks to GP? We would love to hear about your experience. Did your project come in on budget? Did they deliver on time? Would you work with them again? THANKS IN ADVANCE, Sharon Woloshin Total Accounting Solutions Microsoft Gold Certfied Partner ...

Force circular reference
Oh wise ones, I have a file that constantly updates. I have some circular references in the file and have set up my options to allow for 1 iteration which I have read would allow for this. The problem is sometimes when I open the file the circular reference option is turned off. Is what can I do to prevent this. Is it like the calculation manual/auto issure where you can force one or the other in a workbook open event? If so, what would the syntax be? Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Iteration, like the other Calculation Options, is an Excel-wide setting. If yo...

refering cell formula to worksheet name as a variable
At work we log various events & their duration for different staff usin a worksheet per month, the "stats" throughout the year are the compiled on another sheet, I'm using a SUMPRODUCT formula, looking up data across the differen sheets however, because there are 12 month sheets, I have 12 differen lines of formula - 1 refering to each sheet by name i.e =sumproduct((JANUARY!g7:g82=c8)+0,(JANUARY!i7:i82=f4)+0,JANUARY!e7:e82)) and =sumproduct((FEBRUARY!g7:g82=c8)+0,(FEBRUARY!i7:i82=f4)+0,FEBRUARY!e7:e82)) (Where "=c8" and "=f4" refer to an in-cell sele...