=?UTF-8?B?UmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?= #2

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective September 12, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you to participate at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads forum(s).  An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com
0
nntp (12)

Sample Company GP 8 date
In GP 8, when we use sample company, the date will be automatically set to 2007. Is there a way to make the date work normally? Check the knowledgebase to see if you can find anything. The sample data is primarily in 2007 so it makes sense that the date changes to accomodate it. "ano" wrote: > In GP 8, when we use sample company, the date will be automatically set to > 2007. Is there a way to make the date work normally? > > No, I don't have access to CustomerSource. It's really bad even though I am buying GP. Can somebody kindly check for me? I wan...

OWA exchange #2
Hey all. I was curious, can you have different AD accounts connect to the same Mailbox through OWA. Example I have a user Bob, he is a traveling sales guy, he wants to have a different login in the office then he does on the road. Sof his login in the office is Bob1 His login on the road Bob2 Can I set them up so that his primary user is Bob1(where is mailbox is), and disable his outlook web access and then setup a user Bob2 that can log in through OWA to Bob1's mailbox? Basic Idea is that his security isn't very good in the office(i know, i know, I'm not the boss though jus...

Business Portal Installation #2
I have successfully installed Sharepoint services and then extended the website supposed to be used for business portal. I have added the configuration Databse as well. While Installing the Business Portal, just after the Screen where we need to assign the WSS I have assigned the Server which I spcifically configured for business portal. But In the next screen when i enter the Doman\user and click next, it prompts with an error Invalid side owner. I have checked in Share point administration, and I have used the same user id which happens to be the site owner as defined in sharepoint ...

MDBData Logs #2
My MDBData log files are still there since the day we moved to Exchange 2003 and is beginning to take up a lot of hard drive space can I delete some of these files. Run an Exchange aware online backup. "UMAS1" <UMAS1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77445526-642F-41C7-8E56-B23017D29224@microsoft.com... > My MDBData log files are still there since the day we moved to Exchange > 2003 > and is beginning to take up a lot of hard drive space can I delete some of > these files. then you are not doing online backups...Exchange online backups purge...

Using SUMIF i want to say IF A=1 & B=2 then sum C any help pleas
I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C Try this, adjust the range to match your data: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1), --(B1:B100=2), C1:C100) Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Peter" wrote: > I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row > A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C That's quite an explosive worksheet you have<...

Great Plains #2
I need to import from a Great Plains populated SQL db and I am trying to understand the data structure. Looking at the tables I got the impression that some of these tables are created by Great Plains on-the-fly. I have no Great Plains experience at all and I have no documentation .... any ideas on were I can get some background info? -- Beavers Web Application Developer I would start with the GP client. Navigate to, Tools|Resource Descriptions|Tables next choose the series you wish for example Purchasing, and the product would be Great Plains, Physical name is the label you want ...

Could not open one or more attachments #2
Just starting getting this message with Outlook 2000. Any ideas what might be causing it? Can't seem to attach anything at this point - zip files, jpg etc. all have a problem. I've tried to reinstall Outlook but that didn't seem to have any effect. I an do it with Outlook Express but not the full Outlook 2000 edition. I used to be able to do it but can't seem to any more and don't know what I've done to cause this. Any ideas would be appreciated... thanks jb Did you install an Update lately? What is the entire message that you get? Opening .exe Attachments wi...

IE 8 internet works and mail does not.
Recently upgraded laptop to IE8, lost ability to receive and send email in Windows Mail. Accesses internet (wireless and hard wired) okay, can access email - send and receive - on Comcast home page, but not using Windows. POP3 and smtp settings are correct. Home desktop works fine, too. Any ideas? Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Also try sending a message to yourself. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MV...

Bare-Tool DeWALT DW936 Cordless Circular 5 3/8" Trim Saw 18v (Tool Only, No Battery)
Price:$79.99 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B0012N9VB8 Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0012N9VB8 GREAT LITTLE SAW EVEN MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT BUT STRONG ENOUGH TO GET THE JOB DONE. I didnot need to spend about$200 for the whole kit, case, charger, batteries, blade. This was the way to go for me (have a charger and bought a battery for about $28 from another vendor here on Amazon). It's perfect, brand new and delivered in a few days. Used the saw on a quicky little rip+crosscut job. plenty of power and battery life and it...

Run 2 instances of Outlook each with a different profile at the same time?
G'Day, Env: Outlook 2002 I have 2 user profiles on the same box. Is it possible to start up 2 seperate instances of outlook one for each profile? --D No. If this is a Windows XP PC, I suppose you could do this with Fast User Switching, however. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message news:OV35b%23rWEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > G'Day, > > Env: Outlook 2002 > >...

=?Utf-8?Q?RM_Posting_Journal_Reprint=E2=80=99?=
All, When i print RM Posting Journal Reprint, it is quite slow, it takes more than 3 -5 minutes before it turns up. I tried restarting SQL server to check if there is any problem with temp data, but that did not help. It is also not machine specific since i tried this both on different client and servers. Any thoughts on how to go about this? We are on version 9.0.68.0 with SQL 2005 AKS ...

"Unable to Read File" #2
I experienced a first-time problem this morning when trying to open an existing XL document from XL 2002. Upon an attempt to open, the dialog box "Unable to Read File" immediately popped up. I've tried many files and they all won't open. As I have network access, I've tried opening public directory files from other machines and had no problems at all. I found a document of limited help "812384 - XL 2002" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it doesn't say where to download a fix or get a patch from. The link provide is generic and not directly of...

MS POS 2.0 and Office Account 2007
Has the integration been improved between these two applications since the SBA 2006 and POS 1.x were released? When I looked at it back it didnt do transactions, just batches. I am looking for full integration between the two products. Point of Sale 2.0 ships with Office Accounting 2007 for free. There is a very tight integration where detailed sales, item, customer, vendor, and item receipt information is shared automatically. This site has more info: http://pos.microsoft.com "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E30AA5-8D21-431...

outlook problem #2
I have win2000 os with sp6. I can't send an email...get error message 'outlook.exe has generated an error' interesting as there is no sp6 for windows 2000. (sp4 was just released a few weeks ago) does outlook start in safe mode? (start | run | type: outlook.exe /safe | ok button) "Butch" <butchhobbs@gtcom.net> wrote in message news:0d1a01c34d23$343a83b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have win2000 os with sp6. I can't send an email...get > error message 'outlook.exe has generated an error' ...

Outlook security issue #2
Since I applied XP SP2 it has stopped my Outlook from sending my emails in HTML format sucessfully. Now the icons and signature logo have been removed and whenever I send a new mail I get a box that says "Internet Explorer - Current security settings prohibit running Active X scripts on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly" Too damn right ! As usual Microsoft have messed up again! Anyone out there know of any answers that will stop this error and allow me to carry on emailing using my company logo and stuff in my HTML emails? Thanks for any responses i...

Outlook 2000 Error message
This is a repost. Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] began to help me but that didn't work. I tried your suggestion and downloaded MDAC 2.8 but was politely informed that either MDAC 2.8 was not compatible with my system or that all modules where already present. Probably due to having Windows AUTO Update enabled. I have also updated to Outlook Sp-3 without any improvement. What does MPR.dll do and does it interact with any other programs. Also my Pocket PC will not Synch with the TASKS list, does that info help or hinder?? Occasionally (about 1 in 20 restarts) Windows gives me the same er...

Printing attachments #2
I have several users who wish to print a copy of their emails INCLUDING the icons of any attached documents....but wish to keep the formatting of the original text. The following solution will print the email and attachments, but I lose all formatting within the email. 1) Open the email. 2) Click Edit->Edit Message 3) Click Format->Plain Text 4) Print your email Does anyone know how to keep the formatting? Darrell ...

recalling a sent message #2
I want to recall a sent message but haven't got the option in Messages. What can I do about that? To recall a message, open the message from the Sent Items folder. Go to the Actions menu and choose Recall This Message. This only works in Outlook 98-2003. Outlook Express doesn't have this feature. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Harry" <anonymou...

convert XML to HTML ? #2
is there a way to see the source code that MS publihser creates? I need to have TRUE HTML,but MS PUB 2003 seesm to actully do XML... is there away to convert that or save the MS PUB as TRUE HTML? Thank you! No. Publisher adds bloated code. If you want HTML you need a use a product that is made specifically for websites, e.g. FrontPage. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "alkaye" <alkohout@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1106250582.023378.225020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > is there a way to see the source code that MS publihser creates? > > I ...

entering value in column A
Hello, My users requested this functionality: They enter values in, say, column A. Column B should be filled automatically accordingly by executing some VBA-code (querying a database). Problem is that column A also might be filled by VBA-code - meaning that above functionality only should trigger if the user fills in column A. (I wonder if if is possible to differentiate between these cases). I'm not quite sure if I should use a Worksheet_Change() or Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. Or is there another more appropriate way to handle this requirement? We're using Office 2007. than...

Money 2005 DeLuxe #2
Just downloaded as oart of my TaxCut purchase. Had some start up issues after downloading my accounts, but was able to work them through successfully. My only complaint that that I do see a way to match downloaded transactions with other unmatched transactions, as I could in Money 2004. Otherwise, I am satisifed (never thought I would say this.) so far, at least. Some people seem to be complaining about the program's speed. I am An AMD 2600+ and 1 gig RAM, and the program runs fine. My CPU is not exceptionally fast, but perhaps the large amount of Memory helps. If this is the case, ...

How To #2
I at one time had all my incoming e-mails set where they would make a new contact in my contact list. How do I make that happen again? Stephen Mizell <stephen-mizell@carolina.rr.com> wrote: > I at one time had all my incoming e-mails set where they > would make a new contact in my contact list. How do I > make that happen again? I don't believe Outlook has that ability. You probably remember doing it with Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman What version of Outlook? Outlook 2000 and 98 in Internet Mail Only Mode had this abilitiy. More info here: http://www.slipstick.c...

Custom Dictionary #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just started using Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) in conjunction with MS Office 2008 for Mac, version 12.1.1. The first two weeks went well, but now I am receiving a message: "The custom dictionary in "Custom Dictionary" is not available and all words that I have added to custom dictionary are no longer recognized. However, when I go into Word-Preferences-Spelling and Grammar-Dictionaries, the custom dictionary is checked and I can edit it. All the added words are in it. I have tried all the solutions given s...

Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl #2
Hello all: Today, when we have ran the backups, we have got errors with only one mailbox and in event viewer is logged the next error: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for . Source: MSExchangeIS Event ID: 9562 It's strange, because the user hasn't any problem to connect with his mailbox. We have searched this event id on Internet and the possible solution is rebuild de RUS. Really, this solution is the only one? Any ideas? Regards. Does the user have the attribute correctly populated on their AD account? You can check with adsiedit ...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 #2
I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any suggestions? has any event log? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Sam" <salobaidi@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :3253e735.0410281852.71e170a4@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and > receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any > suggestions? In post-SP3 and SP4 MTAs, the MTA requires FQDN resolution to work, so that may be it. As Jammy says, there should be something in the event log a...