=?UTF-8?B?UmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?=

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you to participate at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads forum(s).  An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com
0
nntp (12)

Sub Menu Overlapping in IE 8.0.6001.18702
Hi We’ve main menu and submenu on our application home page. We’re using Java script and CSS to maintain and display the menu on that page. We’re maintaining layers in java script to display menu and submenu. It is working fine with Internet Explorer Version 6 and 7 Please help me out of this. Thanks Syed Syed wrote: > We’ve main menu and submenu on our application home page. We’re using Java > script and CSS to maintain and display the menu on that page. We’re > maintaining layers in java script to display menu and submenu. It is > working > fine with ...

formulas #8
I am not sure where to start, so I thought here would be the best place! I have a general working knoweledge of excel, but by no means am a expert, the problem being my MD seems to think I am and now wants me to perform miracles! Anyway, I have 14 spreadsheets of commission that are worked out with excel formulas and I need to link them all to one master spreadsheet for tracing/reporting purposes. The problem is I dont have a clue where to start/look for info on how to do this any info/help would be greatly appreciated Hi slc! Let's start with basics. I'm assuming that by "sp...

Link error #8
I created a function to perform some tasks on vectors, and saved it in a file named VectorHelper.cpp: // // VectorHelper.cpp // #include "StdAfx.h" #include <VectorHelper.h> template< typename T > void vector_push_elements(vector<T>& vObject, int pos, T* elements, int sizeInElements) { vector<byte> chunk; chunk.resize( sizeInElements ); memcpy( &chunk[0], elements, sizeInElements / sizeof(T) ); vObject.insert( vObject.begin() + pos, chunk.begin(), chunk.end() ); } // ----------------- And created a header for it: // // VectorHel...

duplicate personal folders #8
Hi, I've got a user who's machine I just rebuilt. He was running Office XP. Now the computer is Windows XP, Office 2003 with all updates. I copied his old Outlook related files from his profile before formatting the hard disk and then placed them back in his profile. Outlook 2003 is working fine and he has all his old mail, but in the folder list he has Personal Folder listed twice. They are exactly the same and point to the same .pst file. The context menu option to close the folder is grayed out. Is there a way to remove this duplicate from the folder list? Thanks, Mark Mar...

formula question #8
Hi, Well I've looked in my excel books and I have excel for dummies (and yes I need it) :-), I am sure there must be a way and have tried several things hoping to hit on the right one. I want a result in one cell, reliant upon two different cells having a $amount over zero. I tried this formula but it only comes back with the word "true" or "false" and only works for one cell with an amount over zero. =OR((D4>0)*(G4>0),'TDBonus'!K3,0). In other words if D4 is more than zero or G4 is more than zero, then I want the cell to display what is on another ...

Can't send new mail message in Outlook 2007 b/c a dialog box is already open
Gurus, My Outlook 2007 had issue creating a "New" message complaining that a dialog box was already "Open". Outlook needed to be closed and re-opened, and the dialog box prompting for User Initials had to be acknowledged before the other dialog boxes were answered or Outlook would continually complain that a box was already "Open" when trying to send a new mail message. Anyone seen this? So many dialog prompts seem to launch when a new user starts OL 2007 such as the prompt for newsfeeds, Instant Search and the dialog to enter in user information that Ou...

=?Utf-8?Q?Group_Field_in_Pivot_Table_=E2=80=93_Not?= =?Utf-8?Q?_Enough_Room?=
I want to create a pivot table showing customer names as row headings and total invoice values, grouped in intervals of 1000, as column headings. The data field is also the invoice value. When I drag the invoice value field to the column heading I receive the following message: “The field you re dropping into the column area exceeds 255 columns. Only the first 255 will be displayed as columns. To include all of the field’s data in your pivot table report, drop it into a different area, such as the data area. “ I choose to continue the drop and the following message appears: “Th...

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

Great Plains 8.0 on a Domain Controller
Has anyone ever experienced any problems installing Great Plains 8.0 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server Domain Controller? The site has a very low number of users (8) and they want to do this. Any issues with GP support after the fact? Thanks, Kevin Cristiano Nope.... I have a GP MSSQL system running on SBS 2003, which is a domain controller, with exchange, isa and other things. Just make sure you have enough hardware and resources MLF "KJC" wrote: > Has anyone ever experienced any problems installing Great Plains 8.0 > Standard on a Windows 2003 Server Domain Cont...

=?Utf-8?Q?Printing_out_p=C3=A5_a_new_ecxel_site?=
I have an excel site with my customers (8 colonnes) I`ve made another site in the same excel book, for managing the info. I use the same sheet on all custormers. How do I print out all my customers on each sheet in one operation? In the print dialog choose 'Entire Workbook' option at the left-bottom... "Kurt Madsen" wrote: > I have an excel site with my customers (8 colonnes) > I`ve made another site in the same excel book, for managing the info. > I use the same sheet on all custormers. > > How do I print out all my customers on each sheet in one ope...

IE 8 stops getting started on my indows Vista
All the sudden (maybe after some incorrect clicking of some unknow prompt..), I cann't start IE any more on my Vista. I open Task manager, and Application tab doesn't have IE while Process tab does. I used my other computer (XP) to download IE 8 and the tried to reinsyall on my Vista, it compalins that the version being installed is older than the one on my Vista. In another word, i couldn't even restore it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! "Frank Wu" <FrankWu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6191D08-11BD-4BAC-8D7E-56E...

Mailbox limits #8
In my firm, we have local tech support helping everyone keep their mailboxes clean and light. As such, the local tech people would like to receive the system-generated notifications that users receive when their mailboxes reach limits. Any way to implement this? -Chris don't know of anyway to do that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Chris.Sanchez" <ChrisSanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4294E1B5-957E-4812-A34D-967969C7DC58@microsoft.com... > In my firm, we have local tech support helping everyone keep their mailboxes > clean and light. As s...

Great Plains ver.8
We got the last upgrade to 8.00g44. Since we downloaded wages do not appear on the state tax summary or local tax summary. Does anyone know how to fix this? -- David ...

Internet Explorer 8 still displays RSS feed items which were remov
Hello, in the last few days I have had trouble working with the Internet Explorer 8 and my custom RSS feed. I have written a PHP script which does the following: 1) Create a RSS feed with the desired items through a XML file and another script 2) Upload the XML to a server Then I subscribe to the feed using the IE 8 by clicking a link on my website. So far so good it gets added as it should be and all items that I have added to the channel up to this point are displayed. The problem starts when I remove an old item from the channel ( = remove everything what is encased i...

How To fix Beg Of Yr Balance in P&L Acct with B/S as posting type
Closed FY includes 2 P&L accounts with Beg Balances. Accounts were set up incorrectly as balance sheet posting type accounts thus did not close to retained earnings at fye. Amount extremely small ($3 and $.03 respectively, thus not noticed. Can I a) change type to P&L; b)re-open fiscal ye; c) fix accounts with a je; d)then reclose ye?? OR Change type this fy, fix beg bal with je, but how will change in posting type impact this year's close?? Looking for guidance. $$ amount not important just want to fix the problem. Thanks all. This year end was several months ago. --...

Out of Office #8
Is there a way to set the Out of Office message to only be sent to internal addresses? I get daily e-mails from various addresses externally that do not receive e-mail and I do not want to send them the OOO message - each time one of those addresses receives my automated response I get multiple notifications that I cannot send mail to that address. THanks, "lmaguire" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023c01c3b2bd$4df12c00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set the Out of Office message to only be > sent to internal addresses? I get d...

IE 8 Keeps crashing
Often I've just closed a tab - doesn't seem to be a specific website and it does it's pop up saying that it needs to close. It's a pita - been happening for just over a week or 2? I'm running Win 7 Pro. This is the error message from the pop-up. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iexplore.exe Application Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Application Timestamp: 4a5bc69e Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll Fault Module Version: 8.0.7600.16535 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b83889f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 001b65c7...

8 Bytes support in scroll functions
Hi, GetScrollPos and SetScrollRange takes int as input and return an int value. Can we use __int64 in these functions. like __int64 GetScrollPos( HWND hWnd, int nBar );BOOL SetScrollRange( HWND hWnd, int nBar, int nMinPos, __int64 nMaxPos, BOOL bRedraw );can we make these function like this At the moment, no. Why? If you need more than 32 bits of range, rethink what you are doing. If you could add a new element every microsecond, it would take you nearly 72 hours to fill the control. If you just want a scrollbar to select a value, recall that the...

=?Utf-8?Q?Outlook_automation:_outlook_don=E2=80=99?= =?Utf-8?Q?t_quit?=
I am using the MSOutlook automation in C++ too send an email from my application. After send the email, I use the Quit method to close quit from Outlook, but the Outlook service didn’t not close. What can I do to exit Outlook? My code is the following: BOOL lb_outlookOpen = FALSE; HANDLE icl_hProcess; char buf[1024]; LPDISPATCH lpDisp; HWND hWnd; DWORD pid; DWORD dThread; // verify if Outlook is open hWnd = ::FindWindow("rctrl_renwnd32", NULL); if(hWnd) {lb_outlookOpen = TRUE;} _Application olApp; Attachments myAttachments; if(!olApp.CreateDispatch(&qu...

GP 8.0 Cards
We are running version 8.0. After starting up GP and several other applications and working for some time I have noticed now that when I select "Cards" instead of the normal drop down choices of System , Financial , Sales etc etc it just shows one choice called Find ???? Nothing happens when you select this Find and if I shut down GP and then go back in the Cards menu is back to it's normal self ?? I have noticed this 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks but have never seen this before ?? Any thoughts ?? ------=_NextPart_0001_5016B0C8 Content-Type: text/plain Conte...

Inbox #8
How come email won't go into the inbox. I have one contact that always goes into a different folder. Do I need to reset something? I have already tried deleting the contact and reset them up. It still goes into the wrong folder. Have you checked the Rules Wizard to see if one of your rules might be sending these particular messages to a different folder? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:233a801c45e23$f440cbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Michele ...

About FRx 6.7 for Great Plains 8.0
"Table Failed to Open" has been prompted after generating the report even I was using the sample provided. How could it be solved? Hi Alexis, This sounds like a connection problem with your database(s), maybe both the samples andd/or your live GP data. Are you able to quickly perform a "dump" of the chart of accounts in a new row format. Steps = New Row Format >> Edit >> Add Rows from chart of accounts You may also want to check your settings under: Company >> Information and confirm that your ODBC settings are correct ( or pervasive if you are ...

attachment problem #8
Does anyone know how to set outlook 2003 to not put the attachment in the body of the email message? Limbo Stuckinlimbo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to set outlook 2003 to not put the > attachment in the body of the email message? Select Plain Text or HTML format for your message. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange 2003 sp2 #8
Dear all Sorry to disturb you, i've setup the sp2 onto our exchange server 2003 (sbs 2003 standard edition operating system equipped), to take advantage of the 75gb exchange db limit. The update seems ok, i've put the 3 dword key into registry and reboot the server, but the Best Practices Analyzer Tools notify again the 16Gb db limit. I've check about updates of the "Best Practices Analyzer Tools" and Exchange server sp2 update onto windows update but no update available for both The exchange release obtained from the exchange manager help is menu 6.5.7638.1, there a...

margin field in price A, B, & C
I would like to be able to set the fields in Price A, B, & C to automatically default to a certin amount off retail or above cost, etc. Also there should be a field showing what the margin is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...