=?UTF-8?B?RmluYWwgUmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?=

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective September 12, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you to participate at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads forum(s).  An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com
0
nntp (12)

Outlook 2007, UTF-8 & national characters
After installing Outlook 2007 I found that in some of the mails I received the national characters like "�" or "�" have dropped out. It never happened with Windows Mail that I have used until now. When I checked the mails I found out that all of them used UTF-8 coding. If I change the encoding to something else and then back to UTF-8 the national characters appear in the message. When I close the message and open it again, the national characters disappear. I have tried to change the settings in Outlook but with no result. I plan to upgrade from Windows Vista ...

Migration fron Solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0
We have a client that wants to migrate the financial applications from solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0. Is there any migration tool to do this job ar any other helpful recommendations on how to do this. ...

Sending Mail #8
Hello, I have a user who can receive mail using outlook 2002, but cannot send. The messages leave the outbox and are not stuck at all. There is no known connectivity issue, and outlook express will send and receive using these same account settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook on the machine with no change in behavior. Is there a particular set of instructions that I should use to remove outlook or a whole other approach together? Thanks ...

In excel, how can i get rid of the zero when a formula is used, b.
I'm trying to find out how to get rid of a zero when a formula is used, but there has not been any data entered in that row yet. For example, as simple as copying another cell, you put =b11, if nothing has been entered in b11 yet, it shows a zero, but I dont' want it to show anything... help! Hi =IF(B11="","",B11) =IF(OR(A2="",B2=""),"",A2*B2) etc. Arvi Laanemets "cburgess57" <cburgess57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6043DCAE-7F2D-4C3B-A2B6-46D088772344@microsoft.com... > I'm trying t...

Off-Topic: using UTF-8 as opposed to 8859-1 on websites
I am trying to keep my websites up to standards. And I most of my page pass code for W3C standards for XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Mr McGhie as all respectful people call him ;-). Mentioned something about that preferred Character encoding is UTF-8. I use DreamWeaver (unfortunately its an older version Part of Studio 8 collection). I don't wish to break my pages. is all that is involved changing Characterset = ISO-8859-1 to Characterset = UTF-8 in the pages. -- Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it" http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pj...

=?Utf-8?Q?como_personalizar_se=C3=A7=C3=B5es_do_cabe?= =?Utf-8?Q?=C3=A7alho_em_v=C3=A1rias_planilhas_de_uma?= =?Utf-8?Q?_v?=
Tenho várias planilhas num arquivo. Todos elas usam as três seções do cabeçalho, sendo apenas a seção central que muda em cada mês. Ex: fev2005. Como eu faço para mudar essa seção em todas as planilhas ao mesmo tempo sem precisar mudar uma a uma. Obs: as outras seções das planilhas tem as suas especificações diferentes das outras, por isso quando eu tento selecionar todas as planilhas e mudar a seção central, as outras planhilhas recebem as especificações da mesma ficando todas iguais em todas ...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Exchange error #8
I am getting the following error in E2K3 event log, the explanation and user action explains someting that doesn't make sence for me, how do I restart the explorer without restarting the server? please give n idea how I can take care of this easily. Here is the error message: Timed out sending notification of target device change to window of "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE" Explanation The specified program is taking too long to respond to notifications about the device. This can decrease system performance. User Action Restart the program. If this does not improve the r...

CComboBox #8
Hello all: I have a combo box that when I set the text for the edit box it searches the list for a line equalling or beginning with the text I set and places it in the combo box with a blue selection mark. If the user presses a second key the text is then erased and replaced with the one character. I don't want this behavior, I want for the user's text to be what is in the edit box unless they select text from the drop down list box. How can I accomplisth this? Thank you, Dan ...

Runtime Error #8
My Outlook is now giving me the following: Runtime Error Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 \OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. HELP! ...

Online quotes for Money 2000 Italian (version 8.0)
Hello there. I recently purchased some new SICAV but cannot make the online quotes download to work. I have always downloaded quotes from IlSOle24Ore, which is the national web site where to get those info, but apparently the SICAV abbreviation belongs to the MSN web site and I am not able to make it work, though I can see the quote on the MSN web site. The abbreviation I inserted into money is correct. I'm using Money 2000 Italian on Windows XP. Unfortunately I cannot purchase the new Money version since it has not yet been released in Italian ;-) I was wondering if there was a...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...