=?UTF-8?B?RmluYWwgUmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?=

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective September 12, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite you to participate at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xmlandnetfx/threads forum(s).  An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com
0
nntp (12)

Excel template #8
I have searched the Microsoft templates, but have been unable to find what I am looking for. I wondered if there is a template for a worksheet that keeps all records pertaining to a property investment, ie amount borrowed, interest rate, rental income, agents commission, other costs, body corporate fees etc etc, and does projections over a five year period. I made one up and I am quite happy with it, but then thought that someone smarter than me has probably already done one!! Thanks. Jazz ...

Salesperson Security GP 8 vs GP 10
We are currently running Dynamics GP V. 8 (with the possiblity of upgrading to V. 10 in spring of 2008). We are trying to find a way to restrict some salespeople from seeing all customer related information. Right now our reps can either see their own Customers Receivables data within a Smartlist or they can see all Customers regardless of who the Sales rep is. Is there a way in version 8 that we can restrict a Sales rep so that he can see his own own customer information along with a subset of other sales persons customers? Does version 10 have any differences with setting up ...

uninstall GP 8.0 and rebuild 7.5 environment
Currently, I have a Production Great Plains 7.5 environment with some Custom Code, an EFT Module and a Third Party add-on for the Project Accounting Piece. I need to build out a TEST environment so that I can test a 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade - but first I need to completely remove GP 8.0 from my test box so that I can reinstall 7.5 and make a true test environment that mirrors my Prod environment! I'm not sure how exactly to go about it. First, what do I need to do in order to uninstall 8.0 from my test box cleanly????? Second, What I was THINKING that I need to do is perform an out-...

Page Numbers #8
I am using Excel 2000 I am having a problem with page numbering on a worksheet. My worksheet has 11 tabs. Each tab has 2 different charts. In the beginning I put the code for today's date in the footer. Then I was asked to number the pages. So I deleted the date code and replace it with page number in the footer of the documents. The first time I did this, I highlighted all of the tabs and added a footer (from the view commad) with "page" and the code for the page no. When I printed the 11 pages (highlighted all the tabs and printed), each page printed with the correc...

is there some per-process-limit on memory in .net processes? is there any way to increase it? i keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException when my box has 8 gigs of unused memory.
is there some per-process-limit on memory in .net processes? is there any way to increase it? i keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException when my box has 8 gigs of unused memory. Did you really have to post this question to so many newsgroups? -- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer ...

payee info in B of A download
When I download my checking account info - all I get for Payee information for my EFT debit is "bank card purchase" or "interlink netowrk trans" - no payee name, even though it appears in the on-line statement at B of A. Anyone know how to get all of the information transfered over? Thanks. BofA did something a couple months ago that really messes things up when you try to import in to Money. There are two or three different formats you can download from at BofA website. One of them (can't remember which, but it's not the one that used to work) will import...

Using Crystal 8.5, how can I import to Excel?
I have some reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5. They have drill down information in them and I need to have the same format setup in Excel. Any thoughts on how I can do this? ...

Move text from column B to column A
I am trying to move text from column B to in front of that in column A. A B Jones John Result would be A B John Jones Tried this: Private Sub NameChange() For Each c In Selection c.Text = c.Offset(0, 1).Text & " " & c.Text Next c End Sub Am I even close (sorry I'm new to this stuff) Sandy Hi Sandy, Try this small modification: Private Sub NameChange() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection c.Value = c.Offset(0, 1).Value & " " & c.Value Next c End Sub --- Regards...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Difference b/w SP1 , Infrastructure Update and SP2
Hi, Kindly tell me if i install Service Pack 2 in project Server 2007 directly no need to install first SP1 and infrastructure update ? and till microsoft has not released Infrastructure Update after Service Pack 2 ? and tell me what is the difference b/w Service pack and Infrastructure Update. and what changes being made by Infrastructure Update although if we install Service Pack. Waiting for reply. -- Microsoft has details of what's in each release, but with Project Server it's important too have every SP and definitely the October 2009 cumulative ...

Exchange server #8
When I installed Office 2007 for home use, an exchange mail server mail account was added. I added my hotmail and other accounts but I cannot remove the exchange account. I amd receiving the following error message: "You cannot delete this Outlook data file. Configuration information in the file is being copied to your new default data file. You can delete the file after this information is copied." The new mail accounts have been added and selected as default. An "unable to connect" error message appears when starting Outlook. -- Jim "carlsoje" <carl...

If Function #8
Trying to create an IF function with different criteria - ie formula i A1: =IF(E1=1,"X",0)+IF(E1=2,"W",0)+IF(E1=3,"Y",0)+IF(E1=4,"Z",0) Trying to make cell A1 change to either X,W,Y,Z so it can be counted o a separate shee Attachment filename: if function query.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52065 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(E1=1,"X",IF(E1=2,"W",IF(E1=3,"Y",IF(E1=4,"Z","")))) >-----Original Message--...

Starting Outlook #8
I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my Hotmail email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? -- sdj Your hotmail account must be a POP3 type of account, i.e., paid account. "sdemetor@hotmail.com" <thomjoad512@aol.com> wrote in message news:43439AC7-76C4-476A-8912-B5B023CE47FA@microsoft.com... >I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my >Hotmail > email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? > -- > sdj Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com...

Upgrade problems from 7.5 to 8
I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything that I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500. I can ignore the error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options tables? Error Code: 0 Error: Other Error (135) Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed Additional Information: Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level. Any ideas? Will...

Enter Network Password #8
I am using Outlook 2003 under Windows 2000 with a LAN connection Outlook keeps prompting me with a pop-up requesting me to enter the network password. The window suggests the passowrd (which is correct) and even offers to save the password. Nevertheless, the window comes back everytime outlook logs onto my POP3 to look for new mail help appreciate Hans Lange "Hans Lange" <hanslange@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:6DB89659-047E-4003-9CE1-6F7D53A4F165@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 under Windows 2000 with a LAN connection > > Outlook keeps prompting me ...

Internet explorer 8 12-12-09
I have Windows vista on my computer, and currently have explorer 7 but I constantly get alerts that I need to upgrade to explorer 8. Everytime I download explorer 8 after it's installed I can't get the internet because the security program in explorer 8 is blocking it. If I uninstall explorer 8 and go back to explorer 7 everything works fine except my live one care shows that the status is fair. What do I do? Thanks -- MK MK wrote: > /... Everytime I download explorer 8 after it's installed I can't get > the internet because the security program in exp...

=?Utf-8?Q?Divis=C3=A3o_da_planilha.?=
Gostaria de saber se existe alguma forma de dividir a planilha para que eu consiga trabalhar com larguras de colunas diferentes na mesma planilhas, ou seja, que de linha 01 à 100 a largura da coluna seja uma e da 101 em diante outra. Obrigado. ...

OL 2000 & Norton AntiVirus 8.07
Normally when I send an e-mail from OL, my Norton checks it before it is sent, I know this 'cause I get a big ugly box in the middle of my screen telling me so. With all this virus crap going on I get a ton of 'rejected' e-mails addressed to me. Am I safe in assuming OL is not slipping messages past Norton?? Steve L. yes because the odds are your e-mail address has been harvested from an online forum like this one and is being used by the latest and greatest worms like swen. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Stev...

Version 8 Upgrade Error on table POP10110
I am doing a test upgrade from Dynamics 7.0 to 8 on SQL 2000. I got an error upgrading the company data. The message is as follows: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'POLNEARY_9', table %COMPANY%.dbo.POP10110; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. I have tried multiple times with no luck. Hi Did you perform a Great Plains Company Checklink before the upgrade? A Checklink for all series before the Upgrade is a BIG MUST. Review the Preparation steps in the Upgrade document. This document can be accessed from Great Plains CD1\Documentation and is called GreatPlains...

GP 8.0 drop-shipments and costs
Hello: Is it true that Great Plains 8.0 has some issues with drop-shipments and costs in SOP? childofthe1980s I am not aware of anything different between GP 8.0 and 9.0 with respect to drop-shipments and costs in SOP. Are you seeing something specific that is not working as expected in GP 8.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "childofthe1980s" <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16A95D7F-0943-41FF-AC87-8F51D59CE5E4@microsoft.com... > Hello: > &...

Look up data in colum a and find match in colum b
I have a sheet containing two lists of ID's e.g. Colum A Colum B abc123456 hjt456897 hjk8966536 jk456654558 hgg009664 jjk5566377 The colums contain 2000 entries. I want to check if the items in colum b match the items in colum a. I would like excel to do this check and in colum c show Match or No Match e.g. abc123456 hjt456897 Match hjk8966536 hgg009664 Match hgg009664 jjk5566377 No match hjt456897 jjk hjkjhd No match Please help. Check your other post for suggestions. Are you having trouble with your newsreader, and not seeing the numerous p...

Recovered Office XP after hwd upgrade but Publisher did not come b
What was my C: drive refuses to boot Win XP after motherboard and processor upgrade. I now have a new C: drive and the old drive moved out to F: I was able to reinstall Office XP Std Edition 2002 but Publisher did not come back. I can start Publisher from the F: drive but it never becomes ready (always and hour glass cusor). What can I do to get it up and running? The hour glass timed out while I typed the original message, the error reads, "MS Publisher has not been installed for the current user. Please run set-up to install the application." - I'm stilll me, how do I fix...

Problem #8
Purchased new computer 5/30/07. I was receiving e-mails ok, but was not sending ok until I removed the trial McAfee. Now can send, but not receive. Was told by internet provider that I needed the link to reformat Outlook 2007. "SavannahUMC" <SavannahUMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886634E3-43B5-4AD7-932F-088DFE14F2D2@microsoft.com... > Purchased new computer 5/30/07. I was receiving e-mails ok, but was not > sending ok until I removed the trial McAfee. Now can send, but not > receive. > Was told by internet provider that I needed th...

Probleme bei Adress=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=bertragung zwischen Entourage und Outlook
Hi ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich m�chte gerne meine Adressen zwischen Windows Office Outlook 2004 und Mac Office Entourage 2004 �ber das Internet austauschen. Dabei nutze ich diese Funktion im Men�: als vcard weiterleiten. Das Problem hierbei ist, dass die Notizen in den vcards nicht immer vollst�ndig �bertragen werden! Ich kann auch keine Regel ausmachen, wann dies der Fall ist. Gibt es dazu irgendwelche Einstellungen die ich �bersehen habe? Oder ist dieses Problem bekannt? Gibt es vielleicht andere M�glichkeiten die Adressen mit Notizen (die sind wichtig) zwischen Win und Mac Office �be...

Re: Office Assistant Missing in Action =?ISO-8859-1?B?iyA=?=The Cat Came Back!
Thank you!! The Cat Came Back!! Thank you Very Much! Now I�ve got a SELECTION!! Yes, you can get the assistants off the Office X CD. (also things like Clipart, if you want that). On 9/29/04 7:23 AM, "Sea Mac" wrote: Has Anyone Seen my Kitty (No, Not Earl � he's too much like ME!) "Scribble"? Just the Right amount of Feline Uselessness built in. She was SUPPOSED to be Useless and she did it Quite Well. <sigh> Is it going to be OK if I go get the 'other' Assistants from the Office v.X CD and put them in the 'Assistants' folder in my Office 20...