[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!

I hate stupidity.  Most of all, my own.  Feel free to flame me if you think
I need to atone for my wrongs. :)

"John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:...
PRE-SCRIPT:

This has ASCII diagrams.  I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking
at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly.

GIVEN:

ROOT

|----NODE 1

|----NODE 2
|    |----NODE C
|    |----NODE D

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

WHAT I WANT:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|----NODE 2

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

I only want the first level nodes and I don't want any post backs to the
server until the user clicks on a first level node, at which time, the
client will say to the server, "hey, I'm on Node 1 - give me the next level
of nodes under Node 1."

Then, the user sees:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|    |----NODE A
|    |----NODE B

|----NODE 2

The reason for this is performance.  The number of total nodes in this tree
could eclipse 100, and I have read that the TreeView control scales as well
as a drunken sailor (while I don't know how well drunken sailors scale, I
have to assume that it's pretty badly).

Thus, I'm going to want to filter my events such that I only post back to
the server when it is necessary to do so.  Or maybe there's another, smarter
way to acheive my objective?

IMMUTABLES:

The fact that a TreeView-ish web control will be used.
The fact that the nodes could be greater than 100.
I am drinking Green Tea and I like it.
I am grateful for your help.

Thanks!
John Ruiz
I am John's witty signature.  Only fools don't laugh at it.

Distribution group
I am having a problem with a distribution group. There are 2 members, one receives mail and the other doesn't for some reason. If I send a message internally they both receive it however any mail coming into this address externally is only received by the one user. I just added myself to the distribution list and have the same problem - I can receive internal email to this address but not external. One user gets it all fine. Any ideas? Thanks Dave How have you configured the distribution group? Also, I assume that you have no problem which is sent directly to you from and external ...

Groups of people from Contact list to send BCC Outlook 2003
I have a large Contact list and wish to send emails to groups of people without others seeing the names of others. Distribution lists in Outlook 2003 show everyone names in BCC. What should I do? Are you saying that if you put the distribution list in the BCC field, the recipients can see all the names? You're not putting anything in the To or CC fields, or perhaps just your own address? If that's the case, something at the server level is causing all the addresses to appear. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please...

How can I use my Access list to email selective groups?
How can I use an Access List to email selective groups without having to go to my Outlook Address Book? ...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...

publisher, wrong edition?
im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from another version, is there anything i can do? At college, save the file in the version of Publisher you have at home. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jessica" <jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7222AD16-3FE4-447C-B239-FB4A48E1DF1A@microsoft.com... > im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and > open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from > another &g...

Log files on wrong drive
Hi, Exchange 2000 SP3. I've moved my database and streaming file locations in System Manager to drive F: They have moved okay but the log files are still writing on C: Is this to be expected and how can I change that location as well? Thanks, Peter The log file location is found on the properties of the Storage Group. Change it there, and it will automatically move them for you. Note that when you move the log files, it will have to dismount any databases that are using them while it moves the log files. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot...

Federal Tax Refund
MS Money 2008 Plus Premium. I'm trying to decide what category/category group to place a Federal Tax Refund in. I see a Category Group under INCOME titled "State/Local Tax Refund". There is also a Category Group under EXPENSE titled "Federal Taxes". I'm not sure of the implications behind this decision. Any thoughts? There is no one right answer. Personally, I have expense categories for ___ Taxes - Previous Year (for Federal and State) and use those. I think those are in some Taxes category group. But category groups are of such limited utility that I proba...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

Links Messed Up When Posting to Groups
When I post to a message group my links (URL's and e-mail addresses) are changed by either Outlook or the group. Here is how I have written the message: Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com CLIENT SPOTLIGHT - The airing of ABC's two-hour "Nick Family" special Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has been scheduled for this Sunday, August 14. The newly redesigned Morgan Nick Foundation web site (www.morgannick.com) will also be revealed this weekend. Congratulations Colleen, Logan and Taryn! Here is how it appears to the group: Steve Lockridge HYPERLINK "mailto:steve...

Count by short date and group by agent name
I have a tracking table (tbl_Tracker) that now contains date and time in one field [Date] and agent name in another field [SLR]. I would like run a query to do a count of number of records by agent by day. How do I set up the query to recognize only the date and not the time. I have Group By [SLR], Count [SLR] and Group By [Date], however it shows a record for each date and specific time instead of grouping the whole day. Then I need to build another query that looks at another table (tbl_SL_Call_Stats) for number of calls handled [Handled] by day [Date] for a date range and ...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Editing an Automatically Sent Message
We have a user that setup a message to automatically be send each Monday. They now wish to edit that message, problem is, I cannot seem to find it. It doesn't even show up in her sent items. I am sure it is an easy fix, but it has alluded me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark Winning Systems Administrator Martin Memorial Health Systems ...

Ignore Blank
Hi to all, I have a range name that might have blank cells. I used it in a "validating data" settings. I hade a sourse=rangeName and also have chose the "list" option. The "Ignore Blank" is selected. When I use this list I can see the Blank cells!! Why this option is not working ???? You misunderstand the purpose of "ignore blanks" Blank Cells in Source List If the source list is a named range that contains blank cells, users may be able to type any entry, without receiving an error message. To turn prevent this: Select the cell that contains a d...

Headers right
I imported all my emails after using VISTA backup & restore. Now in some of the filed mail folders I have all the right 'headers' and date, but when you click on the mail the content is wrong ! In fact every single mail has same content. Is there a way of forcing a rebuild or whatever to correct this ? "Osprey" wrote: > I imported all my emails after using VISTA backup & restore. > > Now in some of the filed mail folders I have all the right 'headers' and > date, but when you click on the mail the content is wrong ! > In ...

microsoft.public.access not subscribed group
microsoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed group ...

Downloaded Date Wrong
When I'm viewing a specific account, in the upper left pane is the DOWNLOADED information; date, balance and items to review. For some reason, tha date, balance etc. is no longer being updated when I download statments from my bank. Any ideas how to get that nice feature back up and running? I think that one comes from your bank in the downloaded file, so you need to ask them or choose OFX as the download format if that is an option for you,. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Mon...

XP MUI wrong menu language
Hi, We have a basic English XP instalation on all our machines. The MUI packs for different languages are installed. When we change the language to e.g. French, the menus are still displayed in English while everything else is displayed in French. Only after uninstalling and reinstalling the language packs this is resolved. The MUI installation is performed silently when the machine is being imaged the first time. I have found a possible fix: WindowsXP-KB942766-v6-x86-ENU.exe but this doesn't solve the problem. Could someone advise me on how to solve this? ...

I need to Bounce back emils to wrong recipients
We currently have a Windows 2003 Small Bussiness server at our office. We have been using exchange as the email server with the server as the main MX record for our domain so we are handling emails directly at pur SBS. As configured by default we are accepting all messages to our domain no matter if it is to a valid recipient or not. My boss lost a couple of messages that were sent to him with errors at his email account (in example browinzek@exa,ple.com instead of browintzek@example.com). So he want to configure the Exchange server to bounce back an email if the recipient is not correct. ...

How to protect a shared sheet but allow groups to expand
Hi, I am running Office XP and I am having a problem with protection and groups. On one of my sheets I have grouped some rows so that the plus/minus sign is on the left. Some of the cells are unprotected so they can be updated when the sheet is protected. The problem is that when the sheet is protected you cannot expand or collapse the groups. I found some code on Google that runs when you open the workbook and allows the groups to function properly and the codes works great. However when I share the workbook the code no longer functions and in fact generates an error upon opening the ...

Really bizzare behavoir after moving mailboxes to a new Storage Group.
I created a new storage group on one of our exchange servers and moved two user mailboxes to them. Both users are experiencing the following 1) The Delete Items folder icon is no longer a trash and the "Empty Deleted Items" option is gone 2) If they right click a message and select Move to Folder outlook hangs 3) If they try to create a new folder outlook hangs 4) If I try to create a new outlook profile for them on any machine, outlook 2000 will close immediately after opening. Outlook 2003 gives the message "The set of folders could no be opened". outlook.exe /rpcdiag ...

wrong font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when i choose a font from the list, another font will appear in the document. anyone recognize this issue? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01CABBEF.D0AAC1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Could it be that the font you selected doesn't support the characters = you are typing? For example, you could be typing latin characters while = the style only supports cyrillic characters. In such a case, ...

Dynamic Distribution groups
Hello, In oure organisation, we use multiple global address books to hold all contacts. Each week we send out a news letter to all employees, retired-employees, and some external persons. Right now we use several Distribution Groups (DG) for each group, and put these DG together in a other DG called "newsletter" This method works, but needs a lot of administration to keep all the DG up-to-date. I'm looking for a way to minimize the administration fot this. The most perfect thing would be to create a new "Newsletter: yes/no" field in the address books. So for e...

RMS HQ Looking In Wrong Directory For Reports
Hi, I just spent the last week installing RMS and I'm finally done. I got my headquarters up and running, and my stores all all dialing in as well. My problem now is that during an earlier installation of HQ, I specified a directory for the install on a seperate drive. Eventually, I managed to screw something up and un-installed RMS HQ and re-installed it into a different directory on my servers C: drive. Now that EVERYTHING works, HQ of course is looking for that original install directory on the drive that doesn't exist to create it's reports. I'm getting this error th...