[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!

I hate stupidity.  Most of all, my own.  Feel free to flame me if you think
I need to atone for my wrongs. :)

"John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:...
PRE-SCRIPT:

This has ASCII diagrams.  I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking
at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly.

GIVEN:

ROOT

|----NODE 1

|----NODE 2
|    |----NODE C
|    |----NODE D

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

WHAT I WANT:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|----NODE 2

- Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc
  XML String.

I only want the first level nodes and I don't want any post backs to the
server until the user clicks on a first level node, at which time, the
client will say to the server, "hey, I'm on Node 1 - give me the next level
of nodes under Node 1."

Then, the user sees:

ROOT

|----NODE 1
|    |----NODE A
|    |----NODE B

|----NODE 2

The reason for this is performance.  The number of total nodes in this tree
could eclipse 100, and I have read that the TreeView control scales as well
as a drunken sailor (while I don't know how well drunken sailors scale, I
have to assume that it's pretty badly).

Thus, I'm going to want to filter my events such that I only post back to
the server when it is necessary to do so.  Or maybe there's another, smarter
way to acheive my objective?

IMMUTABLES:

The fact that a TreeView-ish web control will be used.
The fact that the nodes could be greater than 100.
I am drinking Green Tea and I like it.
I am grateful for your help.

Thanks!
John Ruiz
I am John's witty signature.  Only fools don't laugh at it.

mail-enabled group in Exchange 2003 (long)
Some users are having problems with a mail-enabled group (or distribution list) in Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server. First of all, some background info. We were running Exchange 5.5 SP3 and a new server with Win2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003 was built. All mailboxes were moved to the new server and everything was fine. However, one of the few things that wouldn't work was the public folder permissions because for some strange reason, in a mixed mode domain, Microsoft insists that only "Security Group - Global" type of groups can have access to Public Folder...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

Can I use the grouping and lock and protect cells
I want to be able to make some cells so that they cannot be chaned and also use the grouping? Hi bfisher Read this from Dave Peterson If you protect the worksheet in code, you can do more things Add this to a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.) I...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

category groups #8
How can I delete all the category groups (not just the category list ... the groups) from MS Money? I would like to create a very, very simple set of categories that would not require groups (and the groups listed wouldn't work.) If it isn't possible to do delete the list of groups can it be modified (add custom groups) and if so how? Thank you. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=20. "JamesP" <JamesP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D17F9ACD-A4BE-4246-A03B-135835E8C734@microsoft.com... > How can I delete all the category groups (not just the c...

Counting dates within groups #2
Hi Is it at all possible to calculate or count groups of dates in a lis when they have a gap of 2 days between them? It's kind of hard to explain The attachment has the data I'm trying to work from including description of the result. Cheers Joe Attachment filename: timesheet test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56409 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is there anyone who could help with this or let me know if it's at al possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Most of the re...

Templates ignore Protection Setting?
Is it just me, or does setting up a workboon as a template and opening the file up through Excel as a template, cause Excel to ignore the Protection settings. I can't seem to get Excel to lock the cells I need locked when the the file I created is opened as a worksheet. I open it up as a regular and do a Save As, the Protction settings are implemented. When I open up thruogh the template mode, the resulting file is set to unprotected. Any suggestions? Tim K I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but cell protection is not a function of file protection. If you'...

Disable OWA via group policy
I know you can go to the properties of an individual user account and disable their ability to connect via OWA. But is there a way to set this in group policy, instead of having to do it on individual users? I am not sure about the group policy question but if you have Windows 2003 you can mass edit this attribute using AD users and computers. I had to do this one time to prevent a disgrunteled (spelling?) employee from deleting email. We disabled OWA for all users temporarily until we could get everyones password changed. Cheers Wouldn't it have been easier to disable the disgruntl...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Grouping footers with detailed info
I have a report that has 2 columns. My footer does not stay with the detailed info it goes to the nest column or page. I want the footer to say with the detailed info. I have tryed grouping together. Can anyone help? -- Lisa S. Lisa wrote: >I have a report that has 2 columns. My footer does not stay with the detailed >info it goes to the nest column or page. I want the footer to say with the >detailed info. I have tryed grouping together. Can anyone help? Is "my footer" the report footer section? If so, it should span across the page, not in a column. You can use ...

printing group of charts
I have workbook with 11 charts, each on separate chart sheet and I want to print them to PDF. I can not have them printed to one file. Instead they are splitted in 6 files, some with single page, other with 6 pages. I can not find out what is causing it. Can I somehow print to PDF and have one file created ? Thanks for help. Tony I have solved my problem. I had to push the page setup for all charts to be the same and now all is working well. I had to change the page sizes for all to A3 and than back to A4 to push excell to see that they are all the same. Tony "Tony" wrote:...

multiple vendors or buying groups
Hello: I have a PO that may eventually be charged, by percentage to more that one vendor. So, they are buying a product that is say 25% to one vendor and 75% to the other. How can we do this? Any suggestions? Additional software? VB? Please let me know. -- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. ...

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Members deleted from distribution Group
Hello, I have a mixed mode enviroment. NT 4.0 SP6a with Exchange 5.5 and W2K SP4 with Exchange 2000. All of the mailboxes are hosted on the Exchange 2000 box but the 5.5 needs to be kept because it is the smtp gateway. When I create accounts or distribution groups I create them on the 5.5 server first. As for the distribution groups they are replicated over to the Exchange 2000 server as Universal groups. Lately one distribution group has been losing 2 members. The last 2 members that were added to the group keep disappearing from time to time with no errors. Any ideas? Thanks....

Reply mail sent not showing up in Sent Folder
When I creat a new email, and send, it will go to the Sent Folder. However, when I reply to someone, and send it, it does not show up in the Sent Folder. In Tools I have checked the box to automatically put sent mail in the Sent Folder. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

unknown cause of PC "Ignore Shutdown"
My Win XP (3) was humming along one minute and on the next it froze. All efforts to regain its use, failed. I restored and looked for cause. The result of "sc query" at the command promt brought two pages of: Display Name Norton Unerase Protechtion Type: 110 Win 32 Own Process 4 running C Stoppable, Not Pausable Ignore Shutdown Some of the other Displays: NSvc Log , PLFlash Device Control Service, Plug Play, Pmls Driver, Police Agent, Protective Service, Protective Storage, etc. Prior to this problem I installed no new programs, received no up-dates (knowingly), made n...

Outlook is trying to think for me again and getting it wrong (again!)
Please dear lord tell me there is a way to turn this off... I recently composed an email using Microsoft Outlook (2003 SP2) that was supposed to be a list of items, each on a single line. line 1 line 2 line 3 Well, for some reason unknown to me, when the email was sent Outlook reformatted my email and put all the individual lines into a single paragraph with commas and spaces between them. line1, line2, line3 NO NO NO NO NO!!! Not only did I never get a warning that this was going to happen or a chance to reject these changes, but I wanted it the way I freaking typed it! Is there an ...

Why are my backup options being ignored
I've got Money Plus Premium. In the backup settings I have it set to save only the last 7 backups. I've got 40 backup files. Why is that??? -- Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I've got Money Plus Premium. In the backup settings I have it set to save >only the last 7 backups. > >I've got 40 backup files. Why is that??? There is more than one possibility. 1. For a given root name, as you back up, Money will write one new file, and delete at *most* one file that fits the pattern. The pattern is that the root name matches, and that has an undersco...

Outgoing messages occasionally don't get sent
I'm having a very strange problem with Outlook 2007. 99% of the time everything worked fine but once in awhile outgoing messages do not get sent and remain in the outbox. The only way I can get them to be sent is too close Outlook and then restart it at which time the messages get sent. When I close outlook I get the message that says I have mail in my outbox, do I want to close anyway or not close so Outlook knows there is mail there. I've tried pressing F9 and even then the mail doesn't get sent. I'm running this on a laptop using Microsoft Vista Home Premium and my mail...

how to migrate distribution group mailboxes?
I am looking to remove exchange server 2000 from a server because we migrated to exchange 2003 on another server. The user mailboxes have been moved and users have been getting mail for sometime now with no problems. When I went to uninstall Exchange server 2000, I was told that I could not because there were still mailboxes in use on that server. I did an AD search for mail recipeints and saw that a number of distribution groups with e-mail addresses came up. They did not have mail boxes in stores that I could see. Also, When I right click and then click on exchange tasks, moving t...

Group
I am attempting to combine all records within a table into a date range. John Doe | 1/1/2010 John Doe | 1/2/2010 John Doe | 1/3/2010 John Doe | 1/10/2010 John Doe | 1/11/2010 John Doe | 1/12/2010 John Doe | 1/15/2010 I would like to see Name | Start Date | End Date John Doe | 1/1/2010 | 1/3/2010 John Doe | 1/10/2010 | 1/12/2010 John Doe | 1/15/2010 | 1/15/2010 Any recommendations? Rank the dates per whoID. Use your preferred algorithm. Data will be like: J.D. 1/1/2010 1 J.D. 1/2/2010 2 J.D. 1/3/2010 3 J.D. 1/10/2010 4 J.D. 1/...

What am I doing wrong
I have been building access header forms with Subforms for over a decade now, for some reason, in Access 2007 I get the following error "The LinkMasterfields property setting has produced the following error: "The Object Doesn't contain the Automation object "Section" when trying to enter a new record into the subform. (Section is the field in the parent table and the detail table that I have tying the two tabels/forms together (Many sub-sections for a single section identified by section, pretty basic stuff). What am I doing wrong? Steve from Maine ...

Datedif gives wrong result
Beginning Date Ending Date months 11/30/2009 12/31/2009 1 11/30/2009 1/31/2010 2 11/30/2009 2/28/2010 2 11/30/2009 3/31/2010 4 I'm a bit puzzled. Beginning Date is in A1. Ending date in B1 and my datedif formula in column C. The formula starting in C2 is =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"m"). Shouldn't February be equal to 3? Based upon Chip's site, I'm guessing that it has something to do with leap year but the last one was in 2008 and the next one is in 2012 so neither Date1 or Date2 have a leap year. I've tried dif...