[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports Querying of OpenDocument Format

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File-
Type Support & Output Enhancements.

[Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml,

DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect
XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery
1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the
highlights of the new release:

* Extended file type support and output enhancements, DataDirect
XQuery version 3.1 further simplifies the performance of combining and
processing heterogeneous data sources. The product now supports the
ability to query new office document standards like OpenDocument
Format, Open Office XML and XML-based versions of PDF.

* Expanded database support for both the Enterprise and Community
edition of MySQL server ( http://www.xquery.com/mysql/ ) and full
update support for relational data including Oracle 11g, Informix and
PostgreSQL.

* Support for DataDirect XML Converters ( http://www.xmlconverters.com
) providing seamless integration for all data formats supported by the
DataDirect XML Converters including EDIFACT, X12, HL7, and many other
formats.

DataDirect XQuery 3.1 is available for free trial download at:
http://www.xquery.com/download/

For more information about the new release, visit:
http://www.xquery.com/products/whatsnew.html

Sincerely,
The DataDirect XQuery Team
http://www.xquery.com

auto balance #3
Hi, I figured out how I can import my bank account information into MS Money 2007 by downloading the file from my account via my bank's website. Is there a way to set this program to automatically download my daily spending on my debit card and insert transaction information into the spreadsheet? Thanks ...

TRIM FUNCTION in QUERY
Hello, What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: My field in the query is: WC: PO_WORKCENTER_ID Not sure WC: TRIM(PO_WORKCENTER_ID) ???? That should work. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Cam" wrote: > Hello, > > What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is > obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: > > My...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

test #3
This is a test. "hesami" wrote: > This is a test. > of the emergency broadcast system.... ...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Counting Question #3
I have three columns: dates, values, and names 10/17 $300 Jim 10/17 $300 Jim 10/17 $200 Tom 10/17 $100 Jim When I enter Jim and $300 in to two separate cells, in a third cell I want to count the number of "days" it applies to (all the way down the spreadsheet.) So in other words, there are two instances in the same day of Jim and $300, but since it all happened on one day, the answer would be one. Hope I explained it well. =sumproduct(--(b1:b10=x1),--(c1:c10=x2)) where x1 holds the amount, x2 holds the name and B1:B10 holds the list of amounts and c1:c10 holds the list of...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

Options Group and Query Criteria, revisited
I recently posted a question about option groups passing info to a query for a Yes/No field, and received some great advice. However, I've tried to apply that advice in a similar way to a Date field, to no avail. In the query, I want the user to be able to display (1) only records with dates present or (2) only records without dates present or (3) all records. I changed the query criterion that worked for the checkbox as follows, and placed it under the Date field which I want to select by (this statement yields no records): IIF([forms].[fmQryByClinicSurveys].[emailOptions]=1...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

Spreadsheet Query
One of my clients has devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount in �, which represtents the items value. My client wants to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that he can select all items under �6,000 for example. Is this possible in Excel, or should he be using a database ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hi Michael click in the list, choose data / filter / autofilter from the drop down list on the value column choose custom set the first box to less than and type 6000 in the second - click OK - to...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Skip Query Parameter
Dear All I Have a combo box that is feeding a query parameter to filter some rows. sometimes I want to view all records. the row source for this combo box is a table assigned only for that. and I want to add this option to be displayed in the combo box "View All". So I will add a new record in that table that will have the value of "View All" then the filter will not work. how can i solve it ? The data type in this combo box is "text". and I have similar case for "Date" Data type in text box. Thanks -- M.A.Halim mmhalim@hotmail.com Dear "M.A....

MS Query help required
Hi I have a spreadsheet on my notebook which I use for DBA services at a particular client. It connects to database server via an existing ODBC database connection extracting data from system tables. I would like to be able use this spreadsheet at other clients, WITHOUT having to create a new ODBC connection. Is there any way that this can be accomplished? The ideal scenario would be that the logon credentials and server address reside on one sheet and upon arrival at another client, one merely changes this information and then queries the database. Any help would be appreciated. Regards -...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

Folders #3
What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? Thanks in Adv ... On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:55:51 -0800, "ATL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? > Bulk mail (spam) -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 1.93 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.1.2 www.newsrover.com ...

POP 3 connectivity
I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service pack and Exchange Sr2. On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on Outlook web access when i created the same account in Outlook express on the same server when i do F5 it dose send and receive mail but it dosenot download messages in Outlook Express . Please advice? Sarosh Tafti wrote: > I installed SBS with sr 1 server service pack and SBS sr1 service pack and > Exchange Sr2. > On the same server I can browse the mailbox with internet explorer on > Outlook web access when i created ...