[ANN]VTD-XML 2.10

VTD-XML 2.10 is now released. It can be downloaded at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/vtd-xml/ximpleware_2.10/.
This release includes a number of new features and enhancement.

* The core API of VTD-XML has been expanded. Users can now perform
cut/paste/insert on an empty element.
* This release also adds the support of deeper location cache support
for
parsing and indexing. This feature is useful for application
performance
tuning for
processing various XML documents.
* The java version also added support for processing zip and gzip
files.
Direct processing of httpURL based XML is enhanced.
* Extended Java version now support Iso-8859-10~16 encoding.
* A full featured C++ port is released.
* C version of VTD-XML now make use of thread local storage to
achieve
thread safety for multi-threaded application.
* There are also a number of bugs fixed. Special thanks to Jozef
Aerts, John
Sillers, Chris Tornau and a number of other users for input and
suggestions

Exchange 2k3
I have a real quick question regarding Internet Message Formats and Exchange 2k3. Basically, I'd like all exchange users to email using the default Internet Message. The domain is * for this rule. However, whenever users email the domain: x.domain.org - (a local domain btw, it's a unix machine that accepts smtp) - i would like uuencode, plain text used only. However, my problem is that the new domain I created in Internet Message Formats doesn't work. I created ad added the domain - x.domain.org - and set the message format to uuencode and never use "rich-text format&...

System.XML.XPath XPathDocument load question
Hello. I'm developing a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 computer. I'm getting an XML document this way: Dim node As XmlNode = proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) Dim doc As XmlDocument = node.OwnerDocument doc.AppendChild(node) At this point "doc" contains the XML document that i am using. However, i'm reading Beginning VB.NET XML. In all of the examples to use XPathDocument, it always refers to a file on disk such as: Dim xpDoc As XPathDocument = New XPathDocument("..\\...

Pop3 issues #2
I am currently administoring a Windows 2000 Server running exchange. I have downloaded and applied the latest service packs. Our email is hosted by a third party. We use the Microsoft POP3 connector for exchange to download all the emails using username and password. Our problem is that we can't recieve any email. I can check the webmail from the third party company. The email is coming in on that account. I can see it "disapear" when our exchange server pops it. I can't see anyting in the incoming folder on the exchange server. Its like it's not even coming in. Any help ...

remove macro #2
Hi every time I start an excel workbook I have made I get the security warning about running macros but as far as I can tell there are no macros in the workbook. When I go to tools/macro there are no macros visible in the box that appears. So what is causing the security message to appear? And how can I stop it? If I set the security level to low the message does not appear. Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 Thanks Ron Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor. Delete any text in any of the modules under "Microsoft Excel Object" and delete any modules under "Modules"...

Printing a Budget #2
Hope someone can help. I've set up Money 2004 okay, but I cannot print a simple budget showing income and expenses. I keep getting a monthly budget that doesn't show all the entries in either category. I don't need all the forecasts and analysis; all I need is a simple list of how much is coming in and how much I'm budgeting for what is going out! Thanks in advance. Barbara ...

Macro error 04-20-10
Hi I am trying to record a simple macro where if I press alt+d the location moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. However when I record the macro it resorts back to the line number that my macro originally ended up at 7 keystrokes from the top., even if I am 1500 lines down. How can I resolve this? With thanks Stephen Hi, I'm a bit dubious of statements like > moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. particularly in relation to code which doesn't normally deal in 'abouts', it's generally more precise ...

Event 1016 #2
I have seen conflicting opinions as to where event 1016 is logged - some say it is logged in the security event log others say it is in the application event log. Could anyone tell me for definate? Event 1016 with what Source? Are you talking about the 1016 event that is logged stating so and so logged on to mailbox such and such and is not the primary account? If so, this is logged to the Application log. It can quite easily be verified. All you have to do is go into diagnostics logging (properties of the server from ESM) and go to the MSExchangeIS, Mailbox section and turn up log...

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on
Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no entry. Thanks! Look to see if those files may have gotten saved in the XLSTART folder. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "laralea" wrote: > Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does > anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no ent...

convert column with inches to 2 columns "feet" and "inches"
I have a spreadsheet that has a column with total inches, but what I really need is 2 columns that shows how many total feet there are in one column and how many left over inches there are in the 2nd column. What formula can I use? For feet: =int(a1/12) For inches: =mod(a1,12) Regards, Fred "fsudiane" <fsudiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5668F903-8A87-400A-AD90-F78FB6DB5E73@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has a column with total inches, but what I really > need is 2 columns that shows how many total feet there are in one...

Is this possible? 01-13-10
Hi all, With exchange 2003 SP2/outlook 2003, can we block or drop non-English emails? Thank you. How would you know? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6310247A-1886-484C-A59D-68C2852D8318@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > With exchange 2003 SP2/outlook 2003, can we block or drop non-English > emails? > > Thank you. On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:07:03 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Wi...

SP3 07-05-10
I have XP Pro and IE7. I am told that MS no longer supports XP but support is still available if it is on SP3. Is there anything I have to be aware of if I download SP3 on to XP? Will things be different? And how do I get SP3 on to my laptop? TIA How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389 WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx Free unlimited installation and compatibil...

requesting data from exchange server #2
I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says requesting data from exchange server. outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not reporting this issue nobody <nobody@nobody.com> wrote: > I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in > which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says > requesting data from exchange server. > outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not > reporting this issue Call...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

Autofit #2
I can't see any way to set a whole Excel book, or even a whole sheet, so that all columns have "autofit" applied - is there a way to do it? I'm using Excel XP/2002. -- Regards, Bob Remove "x" from address to reply by email Hi Bob 1- Select any sheet tab, right click and select "Select all Sheets" 2- Select all the cells the active sheet 3- From the Excel toolbar "Format>Column>Autofit Selection" 4- Select any sheet tab, right click and select "Ungroup Sheets" -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Bob H...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

serializing and deserializing XML fragments
Is it possible to serialize and deserialize objects into XML fragments. I have a compiled type that can be configured differently based on entries in an XML file. Something like this: public class Thing { private int thingInt; public Thing(); public int ThingInt { get { return thingInt; } set { thingInt = value; } } } So I'd like to be able to put entries into the file like this: <?xml version="1.0"?> <Thing> <ThingInt>4</ThingInt> </Thi...

Iteration #2
What is iteration and how can I apply it Iterate: (vt) to say or do again or repetitively - iteration(n) If you don't know what it is why do you want apply it? Homework? -- HTH Sandy sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E94724-8DDA-4CE5-B40D-049589A6689B@microsoft.com... > What is iteration and how can I apply it ...

z report #2
When my customer does a Z report at the end of the day, it only prints receipt showing zero dollars, almost like a 'no sale' receipt. Yet, when you go in to the 'manager' you can view the receipt and it shows all the report information. Anyone have any idea why? Tim Tim, You may want to check both receipt printers and the register properties. It's possible that the journal is not printing a hard copy, and the one that is printing to the receipt is a different receipt format. Good luck, Matt "SBM" <tlantz@sbmoffice.com> wrote in message news:uMaq...

how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data who has different x
hi, i don't know how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data, they have different size. Say set_1 has x-axe from 0 - 12 with 150 intervals. Set_2 has x-axe from 0-14 with 130 intervals. How to put them into a single line chart? Make an XY chart instead. You can connect the markers with lines in both types of charts. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/07/10/line-charts-vs-xy-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank_C" <Frank_C@discussions.microsoft...

Publisher to Word #2
Cetain things in created in publisher, such as Stationary or Fax Cover Page, would be very useful as a WORD document. For example, you could type a letter on the stationary and print them at the same time. I would reconstruct the items in WORD, but it would be much easier if Publisher could export an item to WORD format, but I don't see any way of doing this. Is there any way of moving a Publisher item so it is useable in WORD? The Save As .DOC does not work, because it only saves text. Thanks! Bob Day Word is a word processor. Publisher is a desktop publisher program. Two d...

Outlook Express is opening wrong Browser #2
When I click on a link in an e-mail, Outlook Express attempts to open Netscape which I no longer have on My computer. How do I get it to use Internet Express? This seems so easy, but i just can't figure it out. Mandy Try out this link. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284456 "Mandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2134601c45af3$2582d320$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on a link in an e-mail, Outlook Express > attempts to open Netscape which I no longer have on My > computer. How do I get it to use Internet Express? This &...

Hyperlinks #2
Is there any way to edit the hyper links list in Publisher 2000. I've got a few wrong links in the favorites list I want to remove. Can't seem to find the list anywhere on the computer. TIA Chris Taylor ...

freeze pane #2
How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort check the "Header Row" radio button >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort >. > Select the area you want sorted. Don't include the frozen area. then sort. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "farmwife" <farmwife@hull-o.com> wrote in message news:518E67A8-7E42-42F3-A73B-238196AB95D7@microsoft.com... > How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort ...

I can't send emails 01-27-10
I need help can't send email. it tells me that its en error ? Call Comcast. "Ed" <eramos206@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Ou8tG95nKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need help can't send email. it tells me that its en error ? Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express & Windows Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "...

Multicompany Smartlist #2
Does anybody know how to add the Company ID to multicompany Smartlists? Matt, I did not particularly found any option that will allow you to do this, but what you can do to work around this issue is to create a SQL view with the fields you want to display and add the company ID as an extra column, i.e., SELECT *, 'TWO' as CompanyID FROM SOP10100. You can then expose your views to SLB by running the GRANT.SQL utility script Hope this helps, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Matt" wrote: > Does a...