webservice reference embedded

Hi to all,
is there a way to declare a webservice address inside the code?
If I add a webservice, the address is visible in the app.config but I wanna
avoid it.
Any suggestion? thanks

0
redbull

Not sure if I am addressing your problem or not...

A few years ago (and probably a few versions of VS ago) I wote a dll which
talked to a web service.
The URL of the web service on my machine was different from that of the end
user.

After doing a
                    Dim lws As New localhost.TheWebService

I could do a
                    lws.URL = 'whatever'

Is that relevant to your question?
If not, I appologize for wasting your time !

Barry

--------------------

"redbull" <redbull@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
> is there a way to declare a webservice address inside the code?
> If I add a webservice, the address is visible in the app.config but I
> wanna avoid it.
> Any suggestion? thanks

0
Barry
6/29/2010 9:37:04 PM

"Barry Flynn" <Anonymouse> ha scritto nel messaggio >                    Dim
lws As New localhost.TheWebService

> I could do a
>                    lws.URL = 'whatever'
>
> Is that relevant to your question?

Thanks, following your suggestion I solved with:

webservice.Endpoint.Address = New
System.ServiceModel.EndpointAddress("http://www.miosito.eu/service.asmx")

;)

0
redbull

Embedding Excel on a web page
Can you do it? I want the data in an excel file to be a table in the middle of an HTML doc. Not a copy/paste but a live link to the data. "Steve" <sb6633@sbc.com> wrote in message news:OcmZjIRjDHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can you do it? I want the data in an excel file to be a table in the middle > of an HTML doc. Not a copy/paste but a live link to the data. > File, save as, HTML. The box to allow interactivity is grayed out until you select a single sheet. You can save the whole workbook to html but without interactivity. Then again who is to say you can'...

Spreadsheet Reference
Hello I have 30 different spreadsheets named 01, 02, 03, 04�30 an Excel workbook. All the sheets have references to the previous sheet. Is there any way I can refer the cell values of the previous sheet using a general formula other than individually linking each cell to the values previous sheet? Any information in this regard will be of great help to me as that will cut a ton of my work. My thanks in advance to any one who is trying to help me in this regard. Raja -- Raja ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Raja's Profile: http://www.excelforu...

Vlookup Change in Reference Cell
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with my Vlookup formula I'd initially had 1 column as my reference, changed the reference in another column that is exactly the same as the 1st column (both are text as well) and it does not work. I'm not sure why it is not working. Could the 1st column be different somehow than the 2nd column eventhough they are visibly alike??? Thanks, Lai Check for any spaces after the lookup value.. or try TRIM() the lookup value as below =VLOOKUP(trim(LOOKUP_VALUE),array,column_num,0) -- Jacob "Lai" wrote: > Hi ...

? Embedding [ListBox/Edit] Controls in a List Control
Hi, I need a way of putting List/Combo boxes as well as edit controls in a CListCtrl. I do not need them all to be visible at the same time, rather, I need the list control to display regular text in all the cells normally, but when an item is selected to show the listbox/edit control in the cell. I've looked around for a good implementation but cannot find any really good ones; the best one was XListCtrl on CodeProject, but that does manual drawing of the listbox which is not the best thing, and it does not support edit controls. Does anyone know what the best-fastest, mos...

How to get reference to a range as string?
I can get a reference to a cell as string with function CELL("address", A1), which will return the string $A$1. How do I get a reference to a range, for instance, A1:A5? Thanks. How will you be using it. I expect you would have to use a user defined function. MsgBox Range("mrange").Address --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm <jtan@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1105666373.222974.16847...

Embedding outlook elements in a web page
Hi, I am currently doing some development for a corporate portal and I have a couple of questions about embedding outlook in a portlet. The solution I have found is to use the outlook view activex control in the portlet, but this doesnt really give me what I need. What I would like is to have kind of a summary showing emailaddress, number of unread messages in the inbox, number of open tasks, etc for the logged on user. The activex control only gives me the entire view of the inbox, calendar, etc. So, can the outlook view control be used to show a summary, like Outlook Today, on a webpage or ...

plot graph from multiple worksheet as embedded chart object on every worksheet
Hi i want to plot the graph for every worksheet (column B and column D). I have more than 50 worksheets in the same workbook. How do i write a macro to ask the excel to plot the graph for every sheet and present the chart object on the same sheet? thank you very much for your help! i have been working on this over 2 days still cannot figure it out... Jeff - It goes something like this: Sub ChartOnEveryWorksheet() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim cht As Chart For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Set cht = ws.ChartObjects.Add(100,100,350,275).Chart ' adjust arguments above to g...

needing help reference for poslanguage.dat
Are there any helps available for modifying the poslanguage.dat file? Anything that explains what each code in the file signifies? (for example, S1002=" Extended Code: ", and S1004=" Item: ", etc...) anything out there that explains what the S1002 and other codes refer to? thanks, kevin Not that I've seen. In fact, I think it may change from hotfix to hotfix. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in...

Resizing embedded Excel Spreadsheet causes problems...
I'm using Visio 2000, and I've got an embedded Excel spreadsheet for a parts list on the first page. I'm trying to expand the spreadsheet by a few columns, and although it seems to work OK when I edit the Excel spreadsheet and drag the frame out a few columns, when I close the edit the frame hides the columns I've just added. Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks! Chris "Brinks" <BrinkleyChristianD@JohnNOSPAMDeere.com> wrote: >I'm using Visio 2000, and I've got an embedded Excel spreadsheet for a parts >list o...

Referring to cells by range names #3
cool. half way there. now if i go to another page and want to refer to the cell "a john", bu i want to use another cell to pull the "a" and the "john", how do i d that? let us say that the matrix aboce is in the array a1:d4. th theory here is that i want to create a report by typing john, mary o pete into a cell (for this exercise, cell q5) and typing either a, b o c into another cell (for this exercise, t3), and then typing a formul in cell t5 that references q5 and t3 but returns the same value as if had typed "a john -- rllane4 -----------------------...

Schemas referred in XML
I have an xml. It was generated from different schemas. I want to know the namespaces and the schemas that are reffered in that XML. So that i can add the Namespaces and Schemas to the Namespace Manager and Validate them. How do i dothat. One more time in simple words. I had an xml. i want to know how do i know what namespaces and xsds are refered? please help, thank you ...

RefEdit can not refer to another workbook.
I made a UserForm and put a RefEdit box. now I want refer a range at another workbook. In my UserForm. dim refRange as range set refRange = Range(RefEdit) above VBA code only correct if range in same workbook. thank any hint. Can't be so, I use it in add-ins all the time. What are you getting in the way of feedback? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cactus" <zhanglihome [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message news:O8Vsu3HhFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I made a UserForm and put a RefEdit box. > > now I want refer a ...

suggestion or recommendation for a good Excel reference book
Can any one recommend a good reference book for Excel formulas, functions and their use. or a list of available functions and how they are meant to be used. Thought it might help eliminate some of those simpler questions. Brad Microsoft XL2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/CH062528191033.aspx xl2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100791861033.aspx?pid=CH100645021033 http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/index.php Just ran across the following using a web search. The site looks to have a number of free Excel worksheet function training videos you may find ...

RANDOM WEIGHT (PRICE EMBEDDED) EAN/UPC BARCODES IN STORE VER 2.0
HELLO , I CREATED THE RANDOM WEIGHT CODE STARTING WITH (201000100000) THE BREAK UP OF THE CODE IS 20 = PREFIX 10001=ITEM LOOKUPCODE 00000=WEIGHING PRICE AFTER SETTING THE EAN13 CODE FOR THE WEIGHING ITEM I TRIED TO SCAN THE BARCODE WHICH IS CREATED IN WEIGHING SCALE . BUT THE POS IS NOT PICKING UP THIS CODE PLEASE ADVICE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS 1. make sure you've turn the utilize EAN/UPC option on. 2. HHIIIIIPPPDDC HH - header identifier, must be started w/ 02 or 20 IIIII - item lookup code (SKU in the scale) PPP - price to the left decimal DD - price to the right decimal C - che...

Excel 2002
Hello, I've got a workbook that another person modified by copying and pasting data from another worksheet. The problem is, they somehow created references in the process. When you go to Insert --> Name --> Define there are hundreds of Names defined in the workbook. The only way to remove these is select them one by one and press delete. Does anyone know of a faster way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance, Jason Hi Try Jan Karel Pieterse and Charles Williams's Name Manager add-in, which you can find at: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ge...

How to get rid of "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"
Frequently I'll delete some cells in an Excel 2007 worksheet and from then on get the message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references." whenever I try to do anything in the worksheet. There are no invalid references, as I have verified. Possibly there were some temporarily while Excel was in the process of deleting the cells. If I save the file, exit Excel, then reopen the workbook, Excel changes its mind and decides there aren't any invalid references after all (at least the message goes away). Is there any way to get Excel to figure t...

Generate c# proxy class from IBM websphere (AXIS) webservice WSDL.
Hi, I am having problems with generating a c# proxy class from a IBM websphere WSDL file, when running the wsdl.exe to create the c# proxy file command i recieve an error: Warning: one or more operations were skipped. Warnings were encountered. Review generated source comments for more details. Writing file 'c:\proxyclass.cs'. After reviewing the created proxyclass.cs i find that the following error message: // CODEGEN: The operation binding 'CustomerUpdate' from namespace 'http://www.mywebsite.com/webservices/wsdl/Service.wsdl' was ignored. Missing soap:body input...

Access References
I recently installed Office 2007 on my ThinkPad. I was using Office 2002 for quite some timed and loved it. Not a huge fan of 2007 yet, but I’m getting there. Now, I’ve got both office suites installed on my system (I use one at a time). I’ve encountered no problems with any apps, except for running Access 2002 VBA. Problems don’t occur with all of my files, but I’d say 90+% are problematic. I’m guessing it has to do with the references under Tools > References, but I can’t figure out what reference needs to be checked. I have checked off the following: Visual Basi...

List of Cell References?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where column 'A' is a long list of values which is either a blank cell or the word 'FOUND'. Is there a way of displaying in one cell up the top, for example B1 which can contain all the cell references where the word 'FOUND' is listed, e.g. the content of B1 is a string "A1,A4,A10,A20,A22" based on the cells 1,4,10,20,22 in column 'A' contains the word 'FOUND'. ?? Thanks Paul Evans. Sub ListFound() Dim cell As Range Dim sFirst As String Range("B1").Value = "" With Range("A...

reference different sheet in same workbook
Hi, I've got a workbook with a number of worksheet tabs labeled "May 2006", "June 2006", "July 2006", etc in another tab called "Summary" I want to let the user enter a date and when he does the date will be used to figure out witch tab and from that tab display a block of data. (even better would be a dynamically updated drop down box with a list of tabs that the user could choose from, but not listing the first 3 worksheet tabs in the workbook as they are different type.) ie in "Summary" tab Enter Date: <user enters date here, sa...

How to make a form send as an attachment, rather than embedded in the body?
Hi Guys/Gals, Not sure if this is possible, but I have a form I need to modify. The "send" button in the form embeds the form data in the body of the email. Is it possible to have the form data included as an attachment? The form is an .oft with no macros or programming done (all designed using the GUI tools present there). All help is appreciated. Thanks. Fill in the form, then save as something other than an .oft. Then = insert as file into the message when composing. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All un...

Circular reference error
Hi Guys, Using Excel 2000. I have a workbook that is already saved. When I open the workbook I get this error. MS Excel cannot calculate a formula. There is a circular reference in an open workbook, but the references that cause it cannot be listed for you. Try editing the last formula you entered or removing it with the Undo command. Problem is, I don't know what I did last. There are about 8 sheets. How do I figure out which formula is a circular reference? I don't even know what that is, I am pretty much a beginner in excel. My formulas are not really formulas, they are j...

COUNTIF problem with Circular Reference
I have six identical workbooks, each contains 8 to 12 identical worksheets. Only one worksheet will not execute the formula in E2. the value is always 0. Once I received a circular error report of $I$1, I really don�t know what to do about it. I copied all the data to another worksheet and my problem just follows it. Thanks and appreciation for reading my post..Ed B1=COUNT(B5:B368) Counts the number of records B2=B1-G3 Subtracts the work repaired E1=COUNTIF(I:I,"NPF") Counts the repair codes E2=COUNTIF(I:I,"SPLICE") E3=COUNTIF(I:I,"DROP") G1=COUNTIF(I:I,"...

Embedding Excel2007 Data Issue
Hi, Have trawled through the forum and couldn't find the answer so hopefully one of you clever people can help me :-) I have a user who is embedding a simple table from an Excel document into Word (he does this by copying the data from Excel, selecting Paste Special in Word and then choosing Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Workbook Object (with display as icon UNticked). This appears fine. Double click on the embedded object and the Excel toolbar spawns within Word so that's groovy. Save the document (locally or to the network) and when re-opening the Word document, ...

Outlook 2003
Good day, Outlook 2003, Windows XP. My email format is set to RTF. I do not use Word to modify or edit email messages. When creating a new email, I click Insert>Object, choose Create from file, Link, Display as icon. Problem: the icon does not display, only the filename. I choose another icon, no can do. Why is this? Thank you! ...