vb.net classmanager

I am asking for help on compiling a vb.net 2008 application since I have not
been able to obtain  a successful build with no errors yet.

This application that we need to support has no documentation and the
programmer(s) who wrote the application are not with the company any longer.

This vb.net 2008 solution has lots of project files in it.

You can compile this application in the following modes:
a.debug, b. debug-test, c.debug-development, d. debug-production,
e. release, and there is a class manager configuration file.

I am getting errors like:

1. Error	33	The type or namespace name 'completionImport' could
not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\
TableAdapterManager.vb

I can find the namespace in lots of different *.cs files. However I do not
know what to do get get the correct *.cs file. I am guessing this has to do

2.  Warning	2	Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly
"Q.proxy". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference
is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

I know that the program would compile without the proxies but I can tell
from the code that I will to use proxies like this.
Thus can you tell me how to resolve this problem.

3. Can you also tell me know to figure out how to obtain a good  build
for this soltuion?

Us girls at work have not seen a program like this before since
our most recent experience is using Vb.net 2003.

Thank you very much!

On 26/06/2010 03:46, Wendy Elizabeth wrote:

> This application that we need to support has no documentation and the
> programmer(s) who wrote the application are not with the company any longer.

Oh dear; one of Those.

> I am getting errors like:

> 2.  Warning	2	Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly
> "Q.proxy". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference
> is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
You're missing an assembly (called "Q.Proxy") that the program needs in
order to compile.

> I know that the program would compile without the proxies but I can tell
> from the code that I will to use proxies like this.
Those two statements don't make sense together.
If the program "would compile" without these, why isn't it doing so?
If you do need them, then you need to track down the missing assembly.
Good Luck on that one - if this Developer-in-absentia uses such a lousy
naming convention as "Q.Proxy", they're unlikely to have kept anything
else in particularly good order.  :-(

> 1. Error	33	The type or namespace name 'completionImport' could
> not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
> C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\
> TableAdapterManager.vb
>
> I can find the namespace in lots of different *.cs files. However I do not
> know what to do get get the correct *.cs file. I am guessing this has to do
If you can find lots of "Using" directives at the top of each file, then
you're just finding more places that will generate this error if and
when the compiler gets that far through the code.
"Using" directives (exactly like "Imports" in Visual Basic) only save
you typing, they don't get you anything that wasn't there before:

System.IO.FileStream fs = new System.IO.FileStream( ...

Using System.IO;
FileStream fs = new FileStream( ...

Again, this probably comes down to a missing [referenced] assembly.

> 3. Can you also tell me know to figure out how to obtain a good  build
> for this soltuion?
Find those missing assemblies.
<music
   title="Mission : Impossible"
   composer"Schifrin, Lalo"
   />

HTH,
    Phill  W.
0
Phill

.NET setup
Hello everyone, I have made a program in C#, which I want to publish. Most of my costumers don't have .NET installed on their computer, and many of them would find it hard to install it themselves. I've noticed that there are many program setups (for .NET required programs) that automatically check if .NET is installed on the computer. If it doesn't - it installs .NET and then the program. If it is installed - it just installs the program. I have no idea how it can be done (I have never made a setup). Can someone please explain how can I do it for my program? Since there a...

Space problem with .NET 2.0
I am loading an XML file and applying the XSLT using .net 2003 (C#). XSLT will add Space character in the xml. I am using the entity value for space character &#32. it works fine in .net 1.1 whereas in .net 2.0 the space character is not showing up in the xml at all. Any idea why this works in ..NET 1.1 and not the .NET 2.0 parser? However, if I use the entity (&#160) then it works well for both .net 1.1 and .net 2.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on why the space is not showing up with .NET 2.0 would be appreciated. Gaurav wrote: > I am loading an XML file and ap...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

Support for ALL .NET Framework SECURITY update installation issues
Please see: When installing .Net Framework updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982 If no joy, from the Knowledge Base article for ALL of the .NET Security updates: " How to obtain help and support for this security update For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with secur...

.NET 2003 visual studio
I don't see a option to create a win32 dll in .NET 2003. Add->New Project shows nothing. Where is it? Select - Win32 Project and change the Application Type to DLL. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "MFC" <MFC@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ud2Em%23UqFHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I don't see a option to create a win32 dll in .NET 2003. > Add->New Project shows nothing. > Where is it? > > ...

Convert an Access Application to .NET
I want to convert an existing Access 2003 application to .NET. Are there any tools out there that will help? Has anyone done this? Advice? ...

Ingenico 6550/6780 Net Display
Two questions. 1) When I run the receipt on the net display to the Ingenico 6550 and 6780 I only get the current item shown on the POS. When I total it to take a payment it shows only the total. I would like to have the receipt show up as a runnig reciept with each item and the totals at the end. Is this possible? 2) Can I display html pages on the 6550/6780? I enabled the pole display to display on the 6550/6780 but would rather use web pages. I have RMS 2.0, XP sp2, and installed the Ingenico per the knowledge base. ...

Canonicalisation in .Net
Hi, I have a sample of java code which is used to extract certain elements of an xml file and perform c14n Canonicalisation on the extracted elements. Could anybody please help in a conversion to .net? Or suggest how this may be done. Is this a job for xslt? String transformStr = "<?xml version='1.0'?>\n" + "<dsig:Transforms xmlns:dsig='http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#' xmlns:gt='http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/CM/envelope' xmlns:ir='http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/taxation/SA'>\n" + "<dsig:Transform Algorithm='http://www.w3...

DateTime format from XML in ADO.NET
I get DateTimes back from ADO.Net using XPathDocument for formated as 2005-02-25T00:00:00.0000000-00:00 rather than 2005-02-25T00:00:00 which I get back from SQLXML which means that for EXSLT work on datefields you need you use substring-before('.0000000'), (which I know will break some time). I am not sure where the translation occurs, at present I use XPathDocument xmlDoc = new XPathDocument(new StringReader(ds.GetXml())); to get the xml. Is there another way around this? Regards Jonathan "Jonathan Roberts" <jonathan@jroberts.cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:fc...

normal.net on close
I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I imported my old setting from my earlier Outlook config. Now when I close Outlook I get this annonying message that the normal.net file already exists and do I want to replace. I can't find where this template is being opened to cause this condition. Anybody hhave a suggestion on how to correct this? Sorry, to many thing on my mind. That should read normal.dot in my earlier post Dennis >-----Original Message----- >I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I imported my old >setting from my earlier Outlook config. Now when I close >Outlo...

[ann] Calling Net Framework Classes from vbs
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060906080207030403000604 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you install the net framework, you will get "a few" of the net framework classes installed in your registry -- but far from all. You will find a few postings here about using a couple of those (registered) net framework classes -- but in general there has been a somewhat negative consensus about using ALL the net framework classes. I cam across a posting in the "BCX" (Basic to C La...

interoperation using COM from .NET with OptionalParameter
Hi! I have this simple main Console program. If I use row marked with 2 below it work but if I use row marked 1 I get runtime exception saying COMException was undandled. Exception HRESULT: OptionalParameter. The reason for this it that I can't send null as parameter value to a COM function. I mean normally it would be perfectly legal to send null values instead of a real object so why is it not valid in this case ? class Program { private static Object OptionalParameter = Type.Missing; static void Main(string[] args) { Application newExcelApp = new ...

net display screen question
Does anyone knw how to make the net disply screen remeber the sreen settings, everytme we log off and back on I have to keep seeting my screen settings. My tipical setting is 40% net display 60% receipt. Thanks Victor Are you running 2000/XP with a regular user account? If so, it's because regular users can't modify the HKEY_LOCAL_SYSTEM part of the registry, so RMS cannot save the changes. Log in as an Administrator, make the changes to the display settings in RMS, then log back in as a the Regular user. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems xp pro yes wih regular use...

ADModify.net
where can i download latest ADModify.net ? http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 It's currently down for maintenance, but should be back in a few hours... "drpepper" <drpepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:100642C4-A0B8-4A89-A4A3-10FEB15B0C06@microsoft.com... > where can i download latest ADModify.net ? That site is not available.. I been to that site already.. is there another site ? Also, can ADmodify move exchange objects by exchange mailbox server ? Is hard to specify by users if i ...

A Bug in the .NET XSLT Engine?
Hello, I believe I have uncovered a bug in the .Net XSLT engine to do with 'for' loops in XSLT. Here are the steps to reproduce it: -Create A new webform project. -Add the xml file 'errorexample.xml' - it is shown at the bottom -Add the xslt file 'errorexample.xslt' - it is shown at the bottom -Add a label into the WebForm1.aspx designer and stretch it so it is large, give it the ID of Output1. -Import the following namespaces in WebForm1.aspx.vb: Imports System.IO Imports System.XML Imports System.Text Imports System.Collections.Specialized Imports System.Xml.Xsl Impo...

Adding Variable to CPageSetupDialog in .NET 2003
I have derived a class from CPageSetupDialog. When I attempt to add a variable, I get the following: An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1117 Char: 2 Error: 'arr_ControlTypes' is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: file://C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\VCWizards\MemVariableWiz\HTML\1033\default.htm Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Any suggestions? (My next step is to hand code everything.) -- Bob It sounds like a bug in the wizard. THere is a workaround for this. It's called "a text editor". joe ...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

Net Display syntax error
Hi. I'm trying to set up a net display and I keep getting an Invalid Syntax Error page instead of my advertising pane (receipt pane is fine). There is only one channel with one Url for testing but I keep getting the shdoclc.dll/syntax.htm#home:about error. Tried 2 different machines, numerous Urls all with the same result. Thanks and Regards, Mark Hennessy. ...

Run SSIS 2005 Package from ASP.NET page
Hi all, I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package with the dtexec utility when the user press a button. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Luigi =?Utf-8?B?THVpZ2k=?= <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:98C89948-EA8B-4F3C-A3F0-34027CB844EE@microsoft.com: > I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package > with the dtexec utility when the user press a button. > How can I accomplish this? There are plenty of examples, as this Google search shows: http://bit.ly/8Qp4YQ The only potenti...

XML to SQL Server via VB.NET to create table/data
I can extract data from SQL Server into an XML file with schema using the line ds.WriteXml("d:\authors.xml", XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) where ds is a dataset filled from the authors table However I want to take an xml file given me and load it into sql server using a vb.net app. I believe I saw the few lines of code to do this somewhere but I cannot find it again, where it will create the table and load the data if the table is not there, or append the data to the table if it already exists. The xml files may or may not have a schema built into the file so the vb.net code for ...

Visual Studio.Net 2003 Academic vs. Professional
By looking into this table: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/overview/academic/features/comparison.aspx I can see that Academic version of VS.Net 2003 have everything that Professional have and even more (some learning tools/doc). Is this true? What are limitations of Academic version comparing to Professional? The right to use it for commercial work? --- stefkeB --- "@(none)" <""milan\"@(none)"> wrote in message news:eQj6eV4JEHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > By looking into this table: > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vst...

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

SAPI 5.1 != VS.NET 2003
As far as I can tell at the moment, SAPI 5.1 will not compile under VS.NET 2003, at least the sphelper and spguihelper files. They use any number of constructs that apparently will not pass VS.NET 2003 syntax checking when included with an MFC build (for example the sample TTS app is rather pitiful, being a C++ app only marginally). Before I waste a lot of time on this, has anyone else had this experience? (Example: it uses _tcscpy, so it has to be included *before* strsafe.h is included and deprecates all these dangerous calls...but I got a ton of syntax errors in the helper files, mostly ...

Download your free 60-day trial version now
Hi, What's with Microsoft sending customers to http://www.simtel.net/ to obtain the Money trail version? http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_HomeandBusiness.mspx --- Bob Simtel is DigitalRiver is a Microsoft contractor for online software distribution. But for some reason, Microsoft's links to simtel keep getting broken... "Bob" <86c6c2e6-2146512712@news.postalias> wrote in message news:%23jefhWmCIHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What's with Microsoft sending customers to http://www.simtel.net/ to > obtain the Money trail version? > > ...

Migrating Access apps to Microsoft.NET...
Hello! Hopefully I got the right discussion group here...! In using the SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access instructions, I have completed the split Access 2003 database migration to the SQL Server 2005. Under the 'Preparing Access Databases for Migration' part of these instructions, it says "After you migrate databases to SQL Server 2005, you can continue to use Access by using linked tables (understand this), or you can manually migrate your applications to Microsoft.NET Framework-based code that interacts directly with SQL Server". Not sure I'm understa...