That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers

fwiw I'm a total newb to dotnet.  trying to learn by doing.  I started with
an app we purchased from an outside consultant(including source code).
Several things about it did not work properly so i'm in the process of
revising.  Even with my limited knowlege i saw several things they did that
were not good coding, and have fixed.
but there are other areas I don't know about - i think there are parts of
their code i still have to remove but am working on over time.
my new dll "works" on my machine but i tried to set it up on a co-worker's
machine and get the following error:

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. See the end of this message for details.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
trusted callers.
   at MCS_PCMK.MCS.Init()
   at MCS_PCMK.AcadCommands.XBOM()
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi,
Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at
Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo
mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi,
Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke()
The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
MCS_PCMK, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
The method that caused the failure was:
System.String get_Name()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Intranet
The Url of the assembly that failed was:
file:///S:/Design Team/Support/DotNet/MCSPieceMarker/Release/Mcs_pcmk.dll

I don't appear to have any security settings on that folder that would
prevent access, what else might cause this?
there is lots more in the error report but i didn't know how much to include
here...let me know if more is req'd for a possible answer

thanks
mark

0
mp

mp wrote:

> ************** Exception Text **************
> System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
> trusted callers.
>
> I don't appear to have any security settings on that folder that would
> prevent access, what else might cause this?
> there is lots more in the error report but i didn't know how much to include
> here...let me know if more is req'd for a possible answer

It's a .NET security trust level issue between the called and calling
assemblies. The .Net Framework security for each client machine the
assemblies are running on must be a Full Trust assembly.

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815147>

You can also put the assembly in the GAC on each machine, which makes it
a full trusted assembly too.
0
Mr
6/24/2010 6:20:54 PM
"Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message
> mp wrote:
>

>> ************** Exception Text **************
>> System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
>> trusted callers.
>>
>> I don't appear to have any security settings on that folder that would
>> prevent access, what else might cause this?
>> there is lots more in the error report but i didn't know how much to
>> include here...let me know if more is req'd for a possible answer
>>

> It's a .NET security trust level issue between the called and calling
> assemblies. The .Net Framework security for each client machine the
> assemblies are running on must be a Full Trust assembly.
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815147>
>
> You can also put the assembly in the GAC on each machine, which makes it a
> full trusted assembly too.

Thank you Mr. Arnold.
I got to step 5 in those instructions and I get "Unable to load assembly:
...."
By assembly, does that mean the dll that I built in my project? that 's what
I browsed to.
What I've discovered is that if i try to run the dll from my computer it
works, if I put it on our server for common access I get that error in my
orig post (even on my machine- i was in error that it worked on mine but not
on the other - i was still running my local copy of the dll).
thanks
mark

0
mp
6/24/2010 7:19:10 PM
mp wrote:
> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message
>> mp wrote:
>>
>>> ************** Exception Text **************
>>> System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
>>> trusted callers.
>>>
>>> I don't appear to have any security settings on that folder that would
>>> prevent access, what else might cause this?
>>> there is lots more in the error report but i didn't know how much to
>>> include here...let me know if more is req'd for a possible answer
>>>
>> It's a .NET security trust level issue between the called and calling
>> assemblies. The .Net Framework security for each client machine the
>> assemblies are running on must be a Full Trust assembly.
>>
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815147>
>>
>> You can also put the assembly in the GAC on each machine, which makes it a
>> full trusted assembly too.
>
> Thank you Mr. Arnold.
> I got to step 5 in those instructions and I get "Unable to load assembly:
> ..."
> By assembly, does that mean the dll that I built in my project? that 's what
> I browsed to.

An assembly is a dll or an exe, as far as I know.

> What I've discovered is that if i try to run the dll from my computer it
> works,

That's because the assembly was compiled on your machine and is fully
trusted on your machine, when ran on your machine.

> if I put it on our server for common access I get that error in my
> orig post (even on my machine- i was in error that it worked on mine but not
> on the other - i was still running my local copy of the dll).

That's because the .Net Framework security on the server is not set for
full trust for any remote client that needs to access the assembly.

Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework
sitting on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly
Cache on the server.

Your other option is to use the CasPol utility. It may come down to you
having to goto the .Net Machine.config on the server and set security
for the assembly, if not taking the GAC path in placing the assemble
into the server's .Net GAC.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cb6t8dtz(VS.80).aspx>

0
Mr
6/24/2010 8:38:36 PM
> mp wrote:
>> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message

>>> It's a .NET security trust level issue between the called and calling
>>> assemblies. The .Net Framework security for each client machine the
>>> assemblies are running on must be a Full Trust assembly.
>>>
>>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815147>
>>>
>>> You can also put the assembly in the GAC on each machine, which makes it
>>> a full trusted assembly too.
>>
>> Thank you Mr. Arnold.
>> I got to step 5 in those instructions and I get "Unable to load assembly:
>> ..."
>> By assembly, does that mean the dll that I built in my project? that 's
>> what I browsed to.
>
> An assembly is a dll or an exe, as far as I know.
>
>> What I've discovered is that if i try to run the dll from my computer it
>> works,
>
> That's because the assembly was compiled on your machine and is fully
> trusted on your machine, when ran on your machine.
>
>> if I put it on our server for common access I get that error in my orig
>> post (even on my machine- i was in error that it worked on mine but not
>> on the other - i was still running my local copy of the dll).
>
> That's because the .Net Framework security on the server is not set for
> full trust for any remote client that needs to access the assembly.
>
> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework sitting
> on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly Cache on
> the server.
>
> Your other option is to use the CasPol utility. It may come down to you
> having to goto the .Net Machine.config on the server and set security for
> the assembly, if not taking the GAC path in placing the assemble into the
> server's .Net GAC.
>
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cb6t8dtz(VS.80).aspx>

Mr. Arnold,
Thank you for that clear and detailed answer.
> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework sitting
> on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly Cache on
> the server.
I'll have to research that, but i'm not sure they want me messing around
with the server.
From that link about caspol it sounded like I would change settings on the
client machines, not the server, maybe i mis read?
If i could do something to just our client machines - there are only 3 of us
here who need to use this app - that would be safer for me than doing
anything to the server - since i'm not an IT expert or a dot net expert I'm
hesitant to touch anything on the server (other than placing my files there
so we can all see the same version)
the other alternative sounds like i could copy my .dll to each machine and
maybe they would run locally - that would just mean more of a hassle for me
as i continue to tweak the program, and have to issue updates to the other
couple machines...no big deal, just thinking out loud.
your thoughts?
thanks
mark

0
mp
6/24/2010 11:50:15 PM
mp wrote:
> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message
>> mp wrote:
>>> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message

>>> Thank you Mr. Arnold.
>>> I got to step 5 in those instructions and I get "Unable to load assembly:
>>> ..."
>>> By assembly, does that mean the dll that I built in my project? that 's
>>> what I browsed to.
>> An assembly is a dll or an exe, as far as I know.
>>
>>> What I've discovered is that if i try to run the dll from my computer it
>>> works,
>> That's because the assembly was compiled on your machine and is fully
>> trusted on your machine, when ran on your machine.
>>
>>> if I put it on our server for common access I get that error in my orig
>>> post (even on my machine- i was in error that it worked on mine but not
>>> on the other - i was still running my local copy of the dll).
>> That's because the .Net Framework security on the server is not set for
>> full trust for any remote client that needs to access the assembly.
>>
>> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework sitting
>> on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly Cache on
>> the server.
>>
>> Your other option is to use the CasPol utility. It may come down to you
>> having to goto the .Net Machine.config on the server and set security for
>> the assembly, if not taking the GAC path in placing the assemble into the
>> server's .Net GAC.
>>
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cb6t8dtz(VS.80).aspx>
>>

> Mr. Arnold,
> Thank you for that clear and detailed answer.
>> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework sitting
>> on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly Cache on
>> the server.
> I'll have to research that, but i'm not sure they want me messing around
> with the server.
> From that link about caspol it sounded like I would change settings on the
> client machines, not the server, maybe i mis read?
> If i could do something to just our client machines - there are only 3 of us
> here who need to use this app - that would be safer for me than doing
> anything to the server - since i'm not an IT expert or a dot net expert I'm
> hesitant to touch anything on the server (other than placing my files there
> so we can all see the same version)
> the other alternative sounds like i could copy my .dll to each machine and
> maybe they would run locally - that would just mean more of a hassle for me
> as i continue to tweak the program, and have to issue updates to the other
> couple machines...no big deal, just thinking out loud.
> your thoughts?

Deploy everything to the workstations where you have the control.
0
Mr
6/25/2010 2:26:20 AM
> mp wrote:
>> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message

>>> An assembly is a dll or an exe, as far as I know.

>>> That's because the assembly was compiled on your machine and is fully
>>> trusted on your machine, when ran on your machine.

>>> That's because the .Net Framework security on the server is not set for
>>> full trust for any remote client that needs to access the assembly.
>>>
>>> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework
>>> sitting on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly
>>> Cache on the server.
>>>
>>> Your other option is to use the CasPol utility. It may come down to you
>>> having to goto the .Net Machine.config on the server and set security
>>> for the assembly, if not taking the GAC path in placing the assemble
>>> into the server's .Net GAC.
>>>
>>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cb6t8dtz(VS.80).aspx>
>>>

>> Mr. Arnold,
>> Thank you for that clear and detailed answer.
>>> Your easiest solution is to use the Gacutil for the .Net Framework
>>> sitting on the server and put the assembly into the .Net Global Assembly
>>> Cache on the server.
>> I'll have to research that, but i'm not sure they want me messing around
>> with the server.
>> From that link about caspol it sounded like I would change settings on
>> the client machines, not the server, maybe i mis read?
>> If i could do something to just our client machines - there are only 3 of
>> us here who need to use this app - that would be safer for me than doing
>> anything to the server - since i'm not an IT expert or a dot net expert
>> I'm hesitant to touch anything on the server (other than placing my files
>> there so we can all see the same version)
>> the other alternative sounds like i could copy my .dll to each machine
>> and maybe they would run locally - that would just mean more of a hassle
>> for me as i continue to tweak the program, and have to issue updates to
>> the other couple machines...no big deal, just thinking out loud.
>> your thoughts?
>
> Deploy everything to the workstations where you have the control.

Thanks, I'll try that
mark

0
mp

OWA 5.5 client attachments HTTP 405
Getting "HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed Internet Information Services" when trying to attach a local file to a new OWA email. Any clues for this issue appreciated. I know it's an IIS issue, but not quite sure where.. Thanks in advance. Bob http://support.microsoft.com/?id=230594 William "Bob [BVP]" <bb4@pmount.com> wrote in message news:Oxf9uNqvDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Getting "HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed > Internet Information Services" when trying > to attach a local file to a new OWA email. > Any clues for this iss...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

combining partial data from 2 different cells
I am trying to combine partial data from 2 cells. first character from one cell and last 4 character from another. In article <577DEEB1-1CBA-450E-B206-A6B9D079D656@microsoft.com>, Steven <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to combine partial data from 2 cells. > first character from one cell and last 4 character from another. Try... =LEFT(A1,1)&RIGHT(B1,4) Hope this helps! ...

Public folder client permissions for trusted domain user
We have a two-way trust between a 2003 forest and a 2000 forest. The 2003 forest hosts Exchange. Users login into Windows through the 2000 domain (forest). Each user has been granted full mailbox and read permissions rights to their coressponding 2003 account for Exchange in the 2003 domain. How can I grant our users (in the 2000 forest) client permissions for the public folders in the 2003 forest, when they already have the aforementioned mailbox rights to their Exchange 2003 mailbox/account? Thank you! ...

Requested registry access is not allowed exception in eConnect
I am trying to create a new employee using eConnect. My application includes the following: eConnRet = eConnMeth.eConnect_EntryPoint(connStr, Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.EnumTypes.ConnectionStringType.SqlClient, xmlDoc, Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.EnumTypes.SchemaValidationType.None, ""); Where connStr == "Data Source=MyServer; Initial Catalog=MyCompanyDatabase; Integrated Security=SSPI; Persist Security Info=False; Packet Size=4096;" xmlDoc == <?xml version='1.0' ?><eConnect><UPRCreateEmployeeType><taCreateEmployee><EMPLOYI...

"Only 0 recipient allowed for sender '<>'" ??
Dear Friend, I have Exchange2003 Srv. with SP2. When I send an e-mail to one of my customer, I get the error message below: ####################### The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipient@customer_company.com on 13.02.2006 15:11 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.my_company.COM #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <recipient@customer_company.com>... recipient denied, because MX 10 'mail.my_company.com.' [212.xxx.xxx.xxx] for <capricorn@mycompany.com> re...

Macro code to partially format font colour of result in cell containing a formula
Hi, I am trying to conditionally format the colour of the text in a cell but I have too many conditions to be able to use the Conditional Formatting function. I have written the following code. It works perfectly on cells with actual text in but doesn't change the font colour where the cell contains a formula that produces a text result. The result will always be a two character string and I want to colour the first character one colour and the second character another colour. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target...

Copying Excel Table into Word partially fails
Hello, I would like to copy a table from Excel 2004 to Word 2004. When I do this, I do "Paste Special..." and select "Picture". The graph appears into word but it is missing a section. If I click on the Picture in word, the selection box surronding it seems to understand that my picture is bigger that it appears because there is a big white block on the right section of my picture instead of the remaining part of the table. Is ther a way to correct this problem? Stefan Is your table bigger than a page? Word won't let you paste objects or pictures bigger than...

locking text in a cell, but allowing new text to be added
Sorry for such a newbie question. I have created a form and in some cells, I have text that I want to lock, but allowing others to add to the text in the cell. For example, if I put "Resolution Suggestions: " I would like that to be locked, but enable others to add their suggestions. Is there a way to do this, without having that particular text being in a separate cell? Thank you One way, not necessarily a good way, but it will work: Enter a space into the cell, then use format, custom, and use the format string ;;;"Resolution Suggestions: "@ Which will show...

Allow SMTP relay #2
Hi everyone, I have tried searching for this relatively simple question, but am not having much luck. I have Exchange 03 running fine in a single server environment, no problems there. However I have a POP3 account which I want to send and receive email on as well. I can receive email no problems, but sending I get an undeliverable "550 relay not permitted" message when I send anything via the pop account. I have allowed the computer's IP through my firewall (firebox) for the necessary services, I have also granted relay permissions on the SMTP virtual server for the ...

NDR: Unable to deliver message to <blah>, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop.
I have started seeing lots of messages generating the folowing NDR: Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop. I assume this is some MTA's peeking into headers and counting hops. Our exchange is internal, and outbound email is forwarded to an external smtp proxy. I am becoming conerned at the frequency of these. Is there some popular mail handler, or spam filter that could be responsible for these ?? Info appreciated. Bob Bob - Any idea what your hop count is se...

Partially Lost Connection Points
I have a V2k file with grouped shapes. Originally each shape in the group had some connection points. These were active and visible from the grouped shape. I think the file may have been saved as V5 somewhere along the way, as the connection points are no longer visible or active from the grouped shape for new connections, although the existing connectors are still connected. If I open the grouped shape in a new window, the connection points are not visible, but connectors will connect to them and they appear in the shapesheet. How do I make the connection points visible again and active fo...

Increasing Allowed Size of a PST
Hello, I am having problems with my PST file. It seems that at 1.8GB it caps out and won't allow things in or out. My transfer speed as far as sending and recievinig attachments seems to have taken a massive hit itself. Any ideas/assistance on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Shane C. Not without knowing your Outlook version.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Don't allow "open as read only" option when a file is in use
Does anyone know of a way to remove the option for a user to open an excel file that is already open for another user? Ideally the "open as read only" option would be removed and only the notify option would be available. ...

Maintaining trusted senders (junk mail)
Is there any way to maintain a global trusted list of e.g. trusted domains? I would like to update a list that get imported in Outlook every week, as we constantly add new customers as trusted domains. -- IT/MsC/ITAdm Engineering Services ...

IMF: how to allow emails sent to a listserv address
I know how to allow emails FROM a given address to go through using the Sender Filtering tab. But I can't find a way to allow emails TO certain addresses to come through that are currenlty being filtered out. For example, some of our users subscribe to a list called blindtech@yahoogroups.com, and this address is in the "To" field. I see how I could block emails sent to this address on the Recipient Filtering tab, but I want to do the opposite and let them come through rather than be sent to the UCEArchive folder. IMF only provides blocking of senders/recipients. IMF on...

modify default xml sitemap provider to allow images
I need to allow images for links in the default xml sitemap provider. Is there a way to do this? ...

Lock format but allow data entry
Is there any way to lock the format of a cell but allow users to input data? I have a worksheet that has specific formatting in certain cells (background color, borders, fonts, # of decimals displayed,etc) but users need to be able to input data into the cells. I would like to prevent users from copying and pasting into the cells which would also potentially change the format. Thanks Irie! ...

Defender
I have Ad-Aware installed on my PC (XP SP2 home edition) and every day I have to select "Permit" to allow AWRTD.sys driver Ad-Watch registry filter. I would like to add this to the "Allowed items" list to avoid the daily selecting of "Permit." I don't recall I was every given the choice of "Always allowed" for this program; the only choices I have are Permit or Deny. I tried to copy it into the Always allowed list, but cannot. Do I have to uninstall Ad-Aware and reinstall it to get to option of Alway Allowed? My Defender is up to date as...

Allow minimum payment to also be a percentage
Minimum payment currently can only be a dollar amount. Due to balance variances, the minimum payment should also include an option for a percentage of balance due. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

How to set outlook security to allow outside program to send email
I have an application that uses MAPI to call outlook to send out email to a list of recipients that it pulls out from a database. The new outlooks (since 2002) do not let my application to send out email. How can I set the outlook to trust my application to send email and not to pop up a warning message? Good Evening Warren If you are operating in an exchange enviroment , you can use the method in the following KB article, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263297 Regards Paul "Warren" <wlin@community.nospam> wrote in message news:eZTaMd3fGHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.g...

COM Callout Partially Instantiated Object
I have a registered com callout and when I perform a function such as an update, I see in the component services snap-in that the package is being instantiated. However, the callout class is not. There are no errors in the logs and have the same issue with a component compiled with 1.0 of the framework as well as 1.1. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance. Shannon, The following TechKnowledge article explains fairly completely how to get a callout running. Please verify that you have done the steps indicated. http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp...

Allowing Out of Office Replies outside
Hi, I am trying to convince management to deny Out of Office Replies to go outside our office. They want reasons, examples of what can happen. The main one I come up with is spammers being able to verify your email address. Any of you come up with other reasons or articles that I can use? Thanks in advance. "I'm on holiday in Utopia for the next two weeks. If you do happen to know where I live, drop by my house and help yourself since you know I'm not there". They are also quite annoying if you're on a mailing list and when you post to the list, you get 50 OOF...

Outlook 2007 asking for Trusted Sites?
Each time my user opens Outlook 2007, a small box pops up saying "The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this? current site: go.microsoft.com trsuted site: www.usa.gov After he clicks "OK" twice, Outlook opens fine. Very annoying...what's causing this? Thanks! ...

Publisher needs to allow easier doublesided printing
When printing a catalogue on Publisher, it is really hard to work out which page is going to print on which side etc. If you try and print two sides at a time it comes out wrong. is there anyway this can be changed? it would be great if on the new Publisher this could be a feature, otherwise it'll be easier to create it as all A4 pages and then print 2 pages per sheet, but that's silly isn't it? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...