tableadapter Query linked to Access 2003 table

I'm trying to write a query for my Dataset's table adapter.  It is
linked to an access 2003 database.  Basically, I'm trying to duplicate
the following query.

SELECT Parts_Inventory.Aisle, Parts_Inventory.Rack,
Parts_Inventory.Shelf, Parts_Inventory.QNTY, Parts_Inventory.MFG_PN,
Parts_Inventory.Manufacturer, Parts_Inventory.Description
FROM Parts_Inventory
WHERE (((Parts_Inventory.Manufacturer) Like "*" & [?] & "*"));

I'm using a text box as my control to the manufacturer field.  If it
is blank, it will show all my parts.

I'm able to get this too work, but I don't seem to be able to add wild
cards.
SELECT     Aisle, Rack, Shelf, QNTY, MFG_PN, Manufacturer, Description
FROM         Parts_Inventory
WHERE     (Manufacturer = ?)
ORDER BY Aisle, Rack, Shelf, Manufacturer, MFG_PN

Is there anyone familiar with this?
0
mcolson

On Apr 13, 9:49=A0am, mcolson <mcolson1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a query for my Dataset's table adapter. =A0It is
> linked to an access 2003 database. =A0Basically, I'm trying to duplicate
> the following query.
>
> SELECT Parts_Inventory.Aisle, Parts_Inventory.Rack,
> Parts_Inventory.Shelf, Parts_Inventory.QNTY, Parts_Inventory.MFG_PN,
> Parts_Inventory.Manufacturer, Parts_Inventory.Description
> FROM Parts_Inventory
> WHERE (((Parts_Inventory.Manufacturer) Like "*" & [?] & "*"));
>
> I'm using a text box as my control to the manufacturer field. =A0If it
> is blank, it will show all my parts.
>
> I'm able to get this too work, but I don't seem to be able to add wild
> cards.
> SELECT =A0 =A0 Aisle, Rack, Shelf, QNTY, MFG_PN, Manufacturer, Descriptio=
> FROM =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Parts_Inventory
> WHERE =A0 =A0 (Manufacturer =3D ?)
> ORDER BY Aisle, Rack, Shelf, Manufacturer, MFG_PN
>
> Is there anyone familiar with this?

I was using the wrong wild card.

WHERE     (Manufacturer LIKE '%' & ? & '%')
0
mcolson

OL2007, Vista, AV up to date, still prompts for programmatic access
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate. If I go into Outlook, Tools|Trust Center|Programmatic Access, it says "Antivirus Status: Valid" yet when I use the SendObject command from an Access 2007 macro, it halts the email for 10 seconds and then I must still press YES. Any suggestions? -- _______________________ Ed H. ...

Links in email do not connect to URL
Application: Outlook Express 6.00 Symptom: Hyperlinks included in email's received will open an IE window when clicked, but nothing else happens. The URL does not come up in the address bar, IE does not pull up the linked site, etc. Internet Explorer Version: 6.0 Any suggestions please? Thank you. Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for assistance - a very good OE site. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Manual uninstall of Exchange 2003
After doing a manual uninstall of Exchange 2003, I need to remove the server from the ESM, but it gives me the following error message: Cannot delete this server because one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. I made sure to move all mailboxes from the server and removed all public folder replicas prior to uninstall installing. I also went thru the steps laid out in KB307917. The only mailboxes remaining were system mailboxes. Can I use adsiedit to remove the server from ESM and would that cause issues later. courtesy of Evan, run this query using ldp.exe to see...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

Clicking Links in OL2K+3
In OL2K if you clicked a hyperlink in Email #1 you got a browser window. If you clicked a link in Email#2, then it opened the site in the original browser window. Just upgraded to OL2K+3 and noticed that each email link will open a new browser window. Where is the controls for these settings. I am sure it's easy, just overlooking the obvious. TIA. Because of complaints about reusing windows, Outlook 2003 opens the pages in new browser windows. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickS...

link custom field to resource names
hello, i have created a custom field "Primary contact" is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? maybe turn it into a drop down list? thanks "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23hSQ6HJsEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i have created a custom field "Primary contact" > is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? > maybe turn it into a drop down list? > > thanks > > ...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...

Chart links not updated when copying two worksheets
I thought I posted this but don't see it on the list. I'll try again, may be the operator, maybe the same problem I am having with Excel. : ) I have two worksheets, one is called Charts and the other called Data. I need to make mulitple copies of these two charts for seperate data sets. I want the charts links to follow to the new data worksheet like the cell formulas do. This is what I do: <Cntrl Right click> to hightlight both worksheets Right click on the tabs and select Move/Copy check the copy box Create new copies that have the names Chart (2) and Data (2) The Ce...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Generating a list of queries in the database.
I want a list of all the queries in an Access 97 database. Is there anyway of listing the names of all the queries? ...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

Please help with recipient policy query
I originally posted this on the 11th but got no reply so I'm trying again... I have OUs called "CompanyOUA" and "CompanyOUB". Under both of those is another OU called "Users". I want to be able to create a recipient policy for users in the "CompanyOUA" only (i.e. not affecting "CompanyOUB". I don't seem to be able to piece together an LDAP query that satisfies this, at least not through the Recipient Policy GUI. Can anyone help? Is there a program or something that I can use to help me with this and to test the results of an LDAP q...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

HELP-SQL Server 2005 Rollup Query for Distinct Values
Folks, I realize that group by rollup for distinct values in SQL Server 2005 is not supported. Can you please help me in writing the following situation. I have a table which keeps track of an Employee working in multiple offices located in different states. I need to get the count of Employees working in each office by state and/or office code. Please keep in mind that I have simplified the question using this example. My case actually has close to 7 dimensions. Table=WorkPlace State OfficeCode EmployeeId ========================== NJ O1 ...

Server 2003 Unbelievably Slow
Hi, First of all, I'd like to add that I'm not a professional in server systems. My problem is that my server is unbelievably slow. It is a new (3 months old) IBM xServer with quad core processor, 4 gb ram, 15k hdd, etc. I have sqlserver developer edition (db size is 4 gb) running for an erp software. I also have Kerio WinRoute Firewall on the server where I log all the internet activities of the users in the network. The Performance window (ctrl+alt+del) shows at a norma time app. 3-5%. However, even opening a folder from "My Computer" takes sometimes 10...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Chinese letters in a Query
Hi all, i have this strange issue: I just converted to 2007..and in a memo field of a query i receive chinese letter???? what have i done wrong? See if this link about memo fields in queries helps. http://allenbrowne.com/bug-16.html Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC86408F-9337-4E09-BE4A-52E50FC912A2@microsoft.com... > Hi all, i have this strange issue: > > I just converted to 2007..and in a memo field of a query i receive > chinese > ...

Pivot tables #2
Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html where one link leads here http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6226A31-9CC4-4441-A293-6FB1EF22DF13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? alex http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html Also see PivotTable I, II, and III at MS site. http://office.microsoft...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Readonly a linked table
I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if there is a way to make that linked table read only. Any ideas? Thanks so much, Chris M. hi Chris, mcescher wrote: > I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source > of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if > there is a way to make that linked table read only. Either make the back-end read-only or use a pass-through query instead of a linked table. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Parameter queries 04-01-10
I would like to create a query whereby it will allow the user to pick up more than one filter criteria. For example, if my field values = A, B, C, D My user can select 1) A 2) A & B 3) A & C 4) All One approach might be to use a form to collect your criteria, then open the query based on a WHERE clause you create dynamically, based on the choices on the form. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or ser...