Run Unix shell script from VB.NET

I have the need to run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box) from a
VB.NET windows app.
Please help!

Thanks a million.

Bill

0
Bill

Bill,

With Process start you can start everything as long as it is reachable and
you have the rights.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx

Success,

Cor

"Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
> I have the need to run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box) from a
> VB.NET windows app.
> Please help!
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> Bill

0
Cor
4/23/2010 9:08:58 AM
Thanks Cor;
I'll look into it

Bill

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
Bill,

With Process start you can start everything as long as it is reachable and
you have the rights.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx

Success,

Cor

"Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
> I have the need to run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box) from a
> VB.NET windows app.
> Please help!
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> Bill

0
Bill
4/24/2010 12:03:17 AM
On 23/04/2010 10:08, Cor Ligthert[MVP] wrote:
> "Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
>> I have the need to run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box) from a
>> VB.NET windows app.
>> Please help!

> With Process start you can start everything as long as it is reachable
> and you have the rights.

Forgive me, Cor, but /which/ variant of Process.Start() launches a
process on /another/ machine?

If I read the original post correctly...

"run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box)"

....Unix shell scripts don't tend to make much sense to a Windows machine.

Regards,
    Phill  W.
0
Phill
4/27/2010 10:16:08 AM
You can use a proces start to invoke  SSH  ( like putty ) with the
commandname in the parameters...

HTH

Michel

"Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> schreef in bericht
>I have the need to run couple Unix shell scripts (in IBM AIX box) from a
> VB.NET windows app.
> Please help!
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> Bill

0
Michel

Automating process from a VB appliction
All, Very new to GP. Being asked to automatically load trail balance data into GP in batch mode. Currently we use Integration Manager to do this. There is a business need to make it seamless so that its done via an outside application i.e. VB6 or .Net. Has anyone done this or something similar? Looking to evaluate what technology to use to do this. I would hate to write ado code to update the GP table, hoping there is some type of API or type library my app can reference so that the data is populating the correct tables. Noticed GP uses VBA for customization, not sure that is a...

VC++ .NET 2002: No Ellipse drawn in Window when using the MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode
Hi all I changed some lines of the Ex05a example of "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference " (6th Edition) (Microsoft Press, 2003) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski in the following way: Replaced the default MM_TEXT mapping mode with the variable-scale MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode in the OnDraw funtion of Ex05View.cpp file (see the attached file below). I did 'Build' successfully. I clicked '! Start Without Debuggin' and an "Ex05a-Untitled" window appeared, but it did not have the Ellipse figure!!?? Please help and tell me what I should d...

ASP.NET DATAGRID and XML field
Hi, I have an XML node similar to this <CONDITION> <![CDATA[<G>Apps-ActiveSync</G>]]> </CONDITION> and I would like to see the inner text of the node in a ASP.NET text box, namely the following text: <G>Apps-ActiveSync</G> The first time it works, but then the filled web control TextBox (ASP.NET) generates an error when the web page will be requested... I get the following error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (txtCondition="<G>Apps-ActiveSync</..."). How can I solve the problem? Pl...

keep a running total of my formula results after each (F9)
How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet total... etc Thank you I answered my own question. See about accumulators at >>>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html "Souvien" wrote: > How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet > is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet > total... etc > > Thank you ...

how to define a constant in VB?
like: define PI 3,14 "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u%23ty%23oAoFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > like: > > define PI 3,14 > > Public Const PI = 3.14? cheers, Stephan thanks a lot, saved my 15min checking this on the net. "Dr. Stephan Kassanke" <kassanke.news@gmx.de>, haber iletisinde �unlar� yazd�:u$Z4grAoFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:u%23ty%23oAoFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > like: > &g...

How to locate a PC running a know service?
I'm working on a client-server application. The server is installed on a machine on the LAN. Then, the installation CD is inserted into a client PC. I'm trying to locate the server programmatically (from the autorun.exe app on the CD). One option I'm doing is enumerating all computers on the LAN, and then enumerating all services on each computer, looking for my service. This works for many cases. I'm trying to use "connect" with *every* IP within the subnet mask -- but it takes *forever* for each connect to timeout (about 20 seconds per connect). Is there...

Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around?
Is this a bug in .net file io? is there a work around? when writing a large file with using(StreamWriter ... if the network drive of the share is removed then the file is never closed. I tried doing the using clause, i tried both close and closehandle in the finaly clause. in all cases if a large file is being written to a network drive and the network drive is disconnected the file handle remains open. when i try to close, dispose, or closehandle it in the finaly clause it fails to close because it tries to flush the buffer in all of those cases. is this a bug in ..net file io? is there a wo...

Run-time error for objects deletion
Hi, I have made a list of option button. When I select a particular option, the excel should identify and delete the previous object names starting with "onstrfr". However, when it identifies the correct obj name "onstrfr", the obj.Delete gives "Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error". I'll be grateful if someone can help me to solve this problem. Loy === FROM Sheet1======= Private Sub on3wdgtrfroption_Click() Call Sheet2.Deleteonstrfr Call Sheet2.OnshoreTrfr(myValue, 2) End Sub ===From Sh...

Any probelm with .net 3.0 and Exchange 2003?
I'm setting up a new Exchange 2003 server into an existing organization. I'm going to install it, then migrate some mailboxes from a currently overloaded server. Our current Exchange servers are Exchange Ent 2003sp2, running on Windows 2003 Enterprise, SP1. For the new server, I'm installing Windows 2003 R2, with service pack2. Exchange is not installed yet. Windows Update is showing that the O/S should have the .NET framework installed. It lists both 2.0 and 3.0 versions (I would assume 3.0 includes everything that's in 2.0). I know Exchange 2003 doesn't need t...

Integration Manager only running for some integrations
Setup is GP 10/IM 10 running on Citrix for the clients. I'm the IT person, running GP on my laptop. For some reason, only one of the integrations is not working - the one that updates our chart of accounts. All the other integrations work fine - SOP entry and cash receipts entry. They use IM on a daily basis, mostly for the SOP and cash receipts; the COA is used only rarely. When the client chooses the COA integration, then Run, nothing happens. I tried running the integration myself, and got a "you don't have permissions to these tables" error. So, wha...

Run Excel Macro From Access 2003 Conversion Problem
My 2000 access application shelled to Excel, ran a macro that prepared Oracle output for importation to Access 2000. I used the Microsoft "178116; ACC: How to Determine When a Shelled Process Ends" logic and it worked perfectly. When I upgraded to Access 2003, the Excell macros now runs twice more AFTER the shelled routine has finished. I tried substituting the "129796 How To Use a 32-Bit Application to Determine When a Shelled Process Ends" and "209876 HOW TO: Determine When a Shelled Process Ends in Access 2000". Neither corrected the problem. I inse...

Client Server Application. (NET?, MFC?, COM?, WEB SERVICE?...)???
Hi All, I have to develop an application Client Server (IN C++). (This application controls the stock of a supermarket.) The db is SQL Server Which is the better choice? MFC or Windows Forms. MFC whit COM or Web Services. Windows Forms whit COM or Web Services. .. as should be this? I am confused. Thank you very much. ...

How to bypass the Update link dialog in excel when called from vb?
Dear All, I have a problem in Excel - VB programming. For the purpose of Customer Reporting and information, I've develop a VB module to display customer information and a link to open an Excel file for detail information. The excel file contain datasource in other link.. So, How to bypass the Update link dialog ? I want the excel file is automatically update link without customer needs to choose the option from that dialog. At recent i've used this code to open excel: Dim objApp As Object Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet Unload Me ...

VB.NET CF, Excel 2003, and XML
Hello, I am trying to open the contents of a dataset (contained in a pocket pc) as an xml file in Excel 2003. I created an XMLTextWriter and exported the dataset like this: DataSet.WriteXml(XMLTextWriter, XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema) Office 2003 was unable to open the file properly and confused the header with the data. If I use the XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema parameter, I am still unable to get the columns labelled properly. In the XML source window, I load the schema through the XML Maps... button. When I import the data, it says no schema is specified and creates a NEW map with ns1...

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Procedure timeout when executing from the ASP.NET application
Hello, I'm working with ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008. I have a very weird problem. When I execute the procedure from my ASP.NET application (either from my PC or the Web server), it's timing out. At the same time when I execute the same procedure with the same parameters from the SQL Server Management Studio - it executes instantly, so aparently there is nothing wrong with it. This applies only to the few procedures, with most of them I don't have any issues. To add to this mistery, this problem is intermittent, i.e. occasionally everything works OK. It seem...

Adding a button to a spreadsheet that runs a macro
I would like to add a button to a spreadsheet that runs a macro. I have completely forgotten how...brain dead!!! I'm up in the arctic circle without any reference books and "Help" isn't doing it for me. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Doc, Add a button from the Forms menu (View -> Toolbars -> Forms) If it doesn't automatically pop up the dialog Right click the button and choose Assign Macro. Dan E "doc" <do...

Data Migration Framework can't run
HI. I had installed the Data Migration Framework 3.0 on my crm 3.0 server,but when I run the Data Migration Framework,a System.File.IOException raised. On commandline mode,run Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CdfMigrationTool.exe, it's same,here is the exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: can't find��Micros ..Crm" File Name: ��Microsoft.Crm�� at Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CdfMigrationTool.CDFtoCRM.Main(String[] args anybody can help me? "Bill Lee" <bill77189@163.com> д���ʼ� news:%23MmJLFMWGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > HI. > I had installed the...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

VB exiting silently and inexplicably
My vb code is mysteriously aborting without any error or warning. It's got me puzzled in the extreme. The following code copies values from cells from one sheet into the columns of a row on a second sheet (with debugging stuff added): For Each n In ScanSetup.Names If Left(n.Name, 4) = "EDIT" And n.Name <> "EDIT_ClientTitle" Then tail = Mid(n.Name, 6) Debug.Print Sheets("Records").Cells(row, Range("RECORDS_" + tail).Column).Value Debug.Print Sheets("Edit").Range(n.Name).Value ...

Run a sub every time a function is used in a sheet
I have a custom function in Excel I want to run other sub lets say to display a msg box each time the function is used in the sheet (not each time the function is calculated) ie. only at the time the function is used in the sheet. lets say in coding i want the following Function myfunction (x as variant) as variant myfunction = x+x end function sub mysub () 'this should run each time the function 'my function is used in the cell 'not each time the function is calculated msgbox "Myfunction is used in the active cell" end sub Maybe something like this ...

c360 Audit Performance Issues When Audit Service is Running.
I have a two server DB and App config. Both server are high-end. When audit service is running web client will through timeout error when clicking on an entity like Contacts. If I stop the service no error. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had this issue or something similar and what was the resolution. Best You may take a look at Data Audit for CRM 4.0. It has a freeware/evaluation copy available. http://www.solomon-software.com/Download/Data_Audit.pdf http://www.solomon-software.com/Download/CRMDA40.zip "RW" wrote: > I have a two server DB and App c...

ASP.net printing
so far i have designed some pages for data input, such leave application, acquistion request. now i wish to have print copies for signature. is it possible that when a user enter a record, then 1. there will be print copies from the network printer 2. a copy from tray 1, another copy from tray 2 of printer. 3. prefer not to print by word, not require Server logon 4. light-weighted design & stable grateful for any ideas & samples thanks a lot. tony "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:eCtEIVShKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gb...

Help porting UNIX Socket Based App
What is your suggested changes in order to port the following code segment to the Windows platform? AF_UNIX? I don't understand these definitions. int gaim_remote_session_connect(int session) { gint fd; uid_t stored_uid, euid; struct sockaddr_un saddr; if ((fd = socket(AF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0)) != -1) { saddr.sun_family = AF_UNIX; stored_uid = getuid(); euid = geteuid(); setuid(euid); sprintf(saddr.sun_path, "%s/gaim_%s.%d", g_get_tmp_dir(), g_get_user_name(), session); setreuid(stored_uid, euid); if (connect(fd, (struct sockaddr *) &saddr, sizeof ...

Call manaaged C# dll function from unmanaged C++.NET
I have a 3rd party application that can reference external dll's. The dll's have to be written in unmanaged code with an exported function I can reference and call. I would like it to call a C# dll file but it cant call a managed C# dll. I need to create an unmanaged C++.net wrapper for a Managed C# dll. Does anyone know how to do this? can you please give me a simple example of what the C++.Net code would look like to do this Take for example my C# dll has this functio public int ExposedFunction(int X1, int X2 return (X1+X2) What would the C++.Net code look like to call t...