Need to show file properties dialog box

Hello

I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried
converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my
code:

    Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO
        Dim cbSize As Long
        Dim fMask As Long
        Dim hwnd As Long
        Dim lpVerb As String
        Dim lpFile As String
        Dim lpParameters As String
        Dim lpDirectory As String
        Dim nShow As Long
        Dim hInstApp As Long
        Dim lpIDList As Long
        Dim lpClass As String
        Dim hkeyClass As Long
        Dim dwHotKey As Long
        Dim hIcon As Long
        Dim hProcess As Long
    End Structure

Private Declare Function ShellExecuteEx Lib "shell32" Alias
"ShellExecuteExA" (ByVal SEI As SHELLEXECUTEINFO) As Long

Private Const SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST = &HC
Private Const SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS = &H40
Private Const SEE_MASK_FLAG_NO_UI = &H400

    Public Sub ShowFileProperties(ByVal sFilename As String, ByVal
hWndOwner As Long)

        Dim SEI As SHELLEXECUTEINFO

        'Fill in the SHELLEXECUTEINFO structure
        With SEI
            .cbSize = Len(SEI)
            .fMask = SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST Or SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS
Or SEE_MASK_FLAG_NO_UI
            .lpVerb = "properties"
            .lpFile = sFilename
        End With

        'call the API to display the property sheet
        Call ShellExecuteEx(SEI)
    End Sub

Now when I call the above sub like this from my main form:
ShowFileProperties(szFileName, Me.Handle)

It gives me the following error:
"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an
indication that other memory is corrupt."

No idea whats happening here. Need help.
0
Faraz

Got it ! Did lots & lots of searching then found it. Some guy had
written this code snippet in community forums. Here's the code incase
anyone else wants it:

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Public Class Form1

    <DllImport("shell32.dll", EntryPoint:="ShellExecuteEx")> Private
Shared Function ShellExecute(ByRef s As SHELLEXECUTEINFO) As Integer
    End Function

    <StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential)> Private Structure
SHELLEXECUTEINFO
        Public cbSize As Integer
        Public fMask As Integer
        Public hwnd As IntPtr
        Public lpVerb As String
        Public lpFile As String
        Public lpParameters As String
        Public lpDirectory As String
        Public nShow As Integer
        Public hInstApp As IntPtr
        Public lpIDList As IntPtr
        Public lpClass As String
        Public hkeyClass As IntPtr
        Public dwHotKey As Integer
        Public hIcon As IntPtr
        Public hProcess As IntPtr
    End Structure

Public Shared Sub DisplayFileProperties(ByVal xFileName As String,
ByVal hwnd As IntPtr)

        Const SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST As Integer = &HC
        Const SW_SHOW As Integer = 5
        Dim shInfo As New SHELLEXECUTEINFO()
        With shInfo
            .cbSize = Marshal.SizeOf(shInfo)
            .lpFile = xFileName
            .nShow = SW_SHOW
            .fMask = SEE_MASK_INVOKEIDLIST
            .lpVerb = "properties"
            .hwnd = hwnd
        End With
        ShellExecute(shInfo)
    End Sub

End Class
0
Faraz

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

crm consultant needed asap

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...