Move back/forward to previous edit point

Is there a key-combination to move back to a statement I was previously
on, even if I didn't set it up as a bookmark?

I use bookmarks when I know I'm going to go back to that statement many
times. But in most instances I'm just moving along doing things, when
I'd like to go back to the statement I just came from (or one even
before that).

Is there a "go back" or "go forward" key combination for non-bookmarked
edit points? ("Undo" doesn't do what I want.)

Thanks
0
sh

Most will suggest the 'Navigate Back' or 'Navigate Forward' commands, but
they are totally useless.

It's a nightmare, makes the whole development environment a chore

Good luck if you find a sol.

Nigel

On Nov 12, 9:29 am, sh <sham...@prupipe.com> wrote:
> Is there a key-combination to move back to a statement I was previously
> on, even if I didn't set it up as a bookmark?
>
> I use bookmarks when I know I'm going to go back to that statement many
> times. But in most instances I'm just moving along doing things, when
> I'd like to go back to the statement I just came from (or one even
> before that).
>
> Is there a "go back" or "go forward" key combination for non-bookmarked
> edit points? ("Undo" doesn't do what I want.)
>
> Thanks

If you use the Visual Basic Profile in Visual Studio, you can try Ctrl-
Shift-F2 and see if that works for you, or alternately, you can map a
keyboard shortcut to the View.NavigateBackward / View.NavigateForward
actions.

Chris
0
Chris
11/12/2009 5:11:37 PM
Nigel V Thomas schrieb:
> Most will suggest the 'Navigate Back' or 'Navigate Forward' commands, but
> they are totally useless.

They are very useful to me.

--
Armin
0

"Armin Zingler" wrote:

> Nigel V Thomas schrieb:
> > Most will suggest the 'Navigate Back' or 'Navigate Forward' commands, but
> > they are totally useless.
>
> They are very useful to me.
>
> > It's a nightmare, makes the whole development environment a chore
> >
> > Good luck if you find a sol.
>

> --
> Armin
> .

Navigate.Back and Navigate Forwards takes you to where your cursor last was,
not your last edit - It's rubbish
Nigel V Thomas schrieb:

> Navigate.Back and Navigate Forwards takes you to where your cursor last was,
> not your last edit - It's rubbish

Right. Haven't noticed that consciously probably because it worked like
expected (like I expected it).

--
Armin
0

Forwarding a specific e-mail to an external e-mail!
The owner of the company would like to forward an e-mail received from a specific customer's e-mail address to his external e-mail - This is the process - Our customer (cust@123.com) sends and e-mail to the owner of the company (owner@company.com). Whenever the owner of the company receives e-mail from our customer cust@123.com, the e-mail should automatically be forward to the owner's external e-mail (owner@yahoo.com) How do I do this? I tried a forwarding rule and it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance for you...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

E-Mail Forwarding
I have posted this in the AD group but thought I would post it here incase somebody here has seen the problem. I have two domains in two seperate forests. I have a trust setup between them. I am in the process of doing a migration from the first domain (abc.com) to the second domain (xyz.com). During the migration my e-mail will still be going to the old mail server (Ex2000). Once I migrate a user to the new domain and new e-mail server (ex2003) I need to forward any e-mail that is going to the old e-mail server to the same user on the new domain. In ADUG I setup the forward but wh...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

font change when editing
I have this I can place on the sheet module to change font when editing. Is there a way to put this into a macro so I can enter this into the sheet automatically each time I am emailed a new version of the workbook? Thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 End Sub ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

Cannot Edit Charts in PPT2007
Problem: I cannot edit Charts after they are created and save. When I click on the Edit for the chart, task manager indicates the EXCEL.EXE task is launched, but the worksheet does not appear. When creating a new presentation and a new chart, everything works the way it should. After saving the presentation, Its broken? This must be some sort of Registry setting, I've re-installed Office 2007 Standard, run Diagnostics, all to no avail. The Same saved presentation works properly on another PCs Powerpoint 2007 in the same office. Have you installed SP2 for Office 2007? -- ...

how do i move my taskbar back to bottom of my screen?
my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? KrisE wrote: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, > how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? Drag them back to where you want them. Note - this is a Microsoft Outlook group. Your question would be best posted in one for your OS. "=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc0U=?=" <KrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:65D28727-E334-4D05-ABAA-37F0B9CAEC66@microsoft.com: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right sid...

How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding mail to my blackberr.
I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook continues to try to forward my mail and sends out responses that the e-mail is undeliverable. How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding my mail? "MSOB" <MSOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EC7EB6-1118-455E-AD62-6DE3D8A3A19E@microsoft.com... >I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through > vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook > continues to try...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #2
I am having problems with my hardware and want to move Exchange onto another box. We currently have Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on Windows NT. I want to buy a new server and run Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Windows 2k. They will not let me upgrade the version of Exchange. Are there any white sheets or any links that could be suggested to handle this migration from an NT server to a W2k server? best way to do this is to bring up your new server, joining the site, then move all the mailboxes, and replicate all public folders...then see this article about removing the first server... http://support.microsof...

Problem Editing Transfer IN/OUT after HQ Xfer created
If I create the Transfer from Store1 -> Store 2 in HQ, I can edit the quantities in Store 1 after the xfer is created via Style 330. Question: Will my edits in Store 1 be visible in Store 2? If so, what is the procedure for doing so? David My question might be a little confusing. If I use Style 330 to create an X-fer from Store 1 -> Store 2, I can still edit the POs. Note: I run 401 before running 330. If I go into SO Mgr for Store 1, I can edit the TO, but my edits don't synchronize with Store 2 - this is after I ran a 401. Why? Is this a limitation of RMS? How do I edi...

edit a drop down list
Hello, I have 2 questions 1. for an existing drop down list, how can I add a new entry? That is, a list named "division" now contains 5 items, and I want to add a sixth. I've tried to highlight all 6 items and typing "division" into the name box, but that just jumps me to the original 5 names. I also tried highlighting the original 5 and deleting the "division" from the name box, but again no luck. 2. Can I enlarge the font on a drop down list, so it appears larger when the arrow is clicked? The font is very small at present. To change the name r...

Password not remembered even though I've followed Microsoft's Registry edit....
Hello I have outlook 2003 and the password is not being remembered when I check email. I have followed Microsoft's instructions to edit the registry and remove the keys from the Protected Storage System provider but this has not helped. I am at a loss as I can't find any other information on this. I would appreciate any help. Thank you Jawaz Same thing happened to me. (XP prof + Outlook 2003). About 3 months ago the MS edit registry worked but the problem has cropped up again within the past 2 weeks. Appeared to coinside with the New Yahoo Mail change. Could it be related ...

xml edit #2
I am trying to edit an xml receipt in notepad..whenever I try to save I can't save as a xml file ..it wants to save as a text file..How can I save as a xml file? -- billr You can just change the extension manually after you save it. Example - File saves as "report.txt" Rename it to "report.xml" and that's all there is to it. Billr, Try doing a Ctrl+S to save it. It should save it as the name it opened. Are you using a Notepad replacement program? Help | About | should say "Microsoft Notepad" -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security Yo...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...