installing sql server 2008 express or 2010 express

I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me plz?
Thanks

0
eusclide

On Jan 5, 10:55=A0am, "eusclide" <e...@me.it> wrote:
> I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me p=
lz?
> Thanks

1. This is not the appropriate discussion group for SQL Server issues.

2. If you expect any response at all, you need to indicate the exact
errors you are getting. More specifics.
0
Joe
1/5/2010 4:16:55 PM
"eusclide" <eus@me.it> wrote in

> I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help
> me plz?

Take hammer, hit head.

Seriously, without knowing the error message, I can type all day about
different problems. Post the error.

Better yet, post in the SQL Server install group. If you are using
newsgroups, it is microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory
1/5/2010 6:34:06 PM
Am 05.01.2010 16:55, schrieb eusclide:
> I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me plz?

Which error message?

Note that VS 2010 is not yet a finished product and that it's never
recommended to install preview/beta versions of software on a production PC.

--
  M S   Herfried K. Wagner
M V P  <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
> Which error message?

Im trying to install sql server 2008 express on 2 pc:
1)laptop
2) virtual machine on vmware

on laptop i get a message error:
on screen "select functionality", i  select all , then i click on next
button, i get the message:

Gli attributi non corrispondono. Attributi
 correnti(Directory,compressed), attributi inclusi(0), attributi
 esclusi(Compressed, encrypted).

Thanks

0
eusclide
1/7/2010 9:09:55 AM
On Jan 7, 4:09=A0am, "eusclide" <e...@me.it> wrote:
> > Which error message?
>
> Im trying to install sql server 2008 express on 2 pc:
> 1)laptop
> 2) virtual machine on vmware
>
> on laptop i get a message error:
> on screen "select functionality", i =A0select all , then i click on next
> button, i get the message:
>
> Gli attributi non corrispondono. Attributi
> =A0correnti(Directory,compressed), attributi inclusi(0), attributi
> =A0esclusi(Compressed, encrypted).
>
> Thanks

In my laptop the installation path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server

reach to sql server directory ..

rightclick and select property .. click advance button and remove
check mark of compress contents to save  diskspace !!

i think this will resolve error !

0
Vinay
1/8/2010 2:59:40 AM
I 've tried to install sql server 2005 express.....i got a similar message
with: not enough space.....
Chaging disk it works good :)
Thanks

"Vinay Patel" <patelvinay.visnagar@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
On Jan 7, 4:09 am, "eusclide" <e...@me.it> wrote:
> > Which error message?
>
> Im trying to install sql server 2008 express on 2 pc:
> 1)laptop
> 2) virtual machine on vmware
>
> on laptop i get a message error:
> on screen "select functionality", i select all , then i click on next
> button, i get the message:
>
> Gli attributi non corrispondono. Attributi
> correnti(Directory,compressed), attributi inclusi(0), attributi
> esclusi(Compressed, encrypted).
>
> Thanks

In my laptop the installation path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server

reach to sql server directory ..

rightclick and select property .. click advance button and remove
check mark of compress contents to save  diskspace !!

i think this will resolve error !

0
eusclide

2010-2011 academic calendar
I'm trying to find an academic calendar for the next school year but Office 2007 is only showing one for the current year or previous years. In news:94E803F7-4060-4AAC-B6D0-61C60B1E4A65@microsoft.com, EagleDancer <EagleDancer@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to find an academic calendar for the next school > year but Office 2007 is only showing one for the current > year or previous years. Check the templates available at the MS web site. ...

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

SBS 2008 Std.
Setup: SBS 2008 Std, with two WinXP Pro PC's in the domain. Firewall is a SonicWall TZ-100. ISP is Windstream. We've had the server less than a month and are slowly rolling out features. Convinced the boss to let me install WSUS, but I'm confused. In a previous job I managed SBS 2003 with ISA 2004; it was quite clear what my proxy server was. However, that was the ONLY network I ever worked in as the sole admin. What's going on is that I can't detect computers from within the SBS console. I'm pretty sure I got the GPO's right for the PC's and ...

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Question about exchange and dedicated servers
Are there any dedicated server providers out there that will allow you to setup an exchange server once you buy there service? I prefer not to have a basic hosted solution. I want to manage the server. TIA Josh Regards, Joshua B. Sawyer www.JnJComputers.com 765.860.8059 If it's a dedicated server, it's up to you what apps you want to load on it. Or you can look at colocating in a commerical datacenter for more control. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Multiple SMTP Virtual Servers
I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail outside of our exchange installation. I can setup a virtual server and test it, but I want to know if I can seperate out the mailroot directory from the default server mailroot directory. I have seen the articles on moving the default directory to gain speed, but nothing regarding having two seperate mailroot directories. Thank you, Curtis <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail >outside of our exchange installation. I ...

Questions about Migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook
I'm thinking about migrating from OE 6 to Outlook 2003 and was wondering if I will lose my folder structures, rules, and address book by doing so. I also use Yahoo POPs for importing my Yahoo e-mails into OE. Will I need to reconfigure the Yahoo POPs to work with Outlook after the migration? Thanks in advance for your help! Spudy Not sure about the YahooPOPs thing but using Outlook's File menu > Import & Export command should get most of the data. You can also try exporting from OE. "Spudy" <spudy@spamless.com> wrote in message news:th1hd1ddvnto8he4fsv9mluf...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

many Outlook Express eml files
Hi I just went from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. I have a ton of Outlook Express eml files saved. How can I open these in Outlook so that when I send the email, it shows up on the Outlook sent mail list vs. the Outlook Express sent mail list? any ideas? thanks greg Outlook cannot use .eml files. Where did you save these files? In OE .dbx files? Did you export all of your subfolders to Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Reparing damaged OutLook Express
My OutLook Express is sending out email message that are blank, how can I fix this problem? Outlook Express is not part of Microsoft Office like Outlook is. Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer. You need to ask in an OE newsgroup. When you do, please make sure you post what version of OE you're using. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Peter Olcott" wrote: > My OutLook Express is sending out email message that are > blank, how can I fix this problem? > > > Is ever...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Install App in Win 7
I have an application that was written in 1999. I want to run it on a Windows 7 X64 dual core machine. It doesn't install. Other than using a vm machine, how can install it and then run it? App runs fine in Win 7 x86. I looked at ACT v5.6 but it doesn't work for me. thanks David What is the mysterious programs name and what does it perform. Have you contacted the makers of said program and ask them if they an updated version for Vista and Win 7 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Backing up SBS 2008 premium
Hi I have a SBS 2008 premium installed on a VMWare ESXi server. We are looking to get the backups to tape as well as disk for this server, and right now i am doing backups with the internal windows backup software to a internal extra harddrive. The disk that is being used is formatted and handled of the backup software and this also means i do not actually have access to the disk as a logical drive for example. So i want to copy theese files to tape (on another backup server) and would like to get access to the backup files, how can i do this? is there a way of sharing the bac...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

using racursive store procedures on SQL
hello there I have table of points(POINTID int) and table which points are connected(FromPointID int , ToPointID) I need to build procedure that getting two points and returns the path. I've tried to solve it with recursive procedure. But i got this error: maximum stored procedure function trigger or view nesting level exceeded limit 32 is there a way to solve it? If you are getting that error then your graph is pretty large. You might have to do Dijkstra's algorithm wiht a cursor Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > I have table of point...

Using outlook for email and outlook express for newsgroups
Hi I had outlook set up for my email messages and outlook express set up for reading newsgroups - now when I go to the newsgroups oe is automatically checking for email messages and downloading them - this never happened before and I think the only thing different is that I have installed a broadband modem and am waiting on freeserve activating my account - could something have happened to change this, and if so how do I change it back. Thanks Sharon "Sharon" <sharon@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:c80adp$dva$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > > I ha...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

SQL for showing fully allocated sales orders with ship complete checked
I am attempting to write some SQL to show any SOP orders that have all of the line items allocated/fulfilled -- but only if the ship complete checkbox is checked -- and am banging my head on the wall. In my code, I get each line item displayed with either a "yes" or "no", but I just want the overall order number to show, not each line item. Can someone please give me a little bit of direction here? Thanks. -Joe SELECT * FROM SOP10100 WHERE SOPNUMBE IN ( SELECT DISTINCT SOPNUMBE FROM SOP10200 WHERE (QUANTITY = ATYALLOC) AND (QUANTITY = QTYFULFI) AND (SO...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...