How to embed MS SQL Server Installation using VB.NET Setup project.

I have tried the trial version of Microsoft Dynamic POS and it is great
specially when I saw that when you install the software, SQL Server
installation is included with the setup program.

I am wondering how to do the same when I am going to create an installation
file of my program. I want the same functionality like embedding also the
database so my user will not have to worry about attaching the database to
the SQL Server using a management tool.

Thank you very much for any info.

0
Jay

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

VB Code help
Here is a portion of one of my VB Macros in Excel: If Selection.Count > 0 Then MsgBox ("Average = ") & (RunningTotal / Selection.Count), vbInformation, "Average" End If My question: How do I format the number (RunningTotal/Selection.Count) to look like 0.000, instead of 0.0000000000000000?? What should my code look like with the new formatting. Thanks Chris Chris, Try this: ....Format((RunningTotal / Selection.Count), "0.000")... -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- &qu...

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Syncronization of Access Database with Replica over the Net
Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica using the Net. Can you guide me in this regard. Best Wishes, Noor Mohammed Khan Try looking at the information here: http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/Replication/index.php?title=Main_Page -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "eJirga@gmail.com" wrote: > Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica > using the Net. Can you guide me i...

Promote your career with MCAD.NET (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) certificates
Promote your career with MCAD.NET (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) certificates With the growing importance of Microsoft=92s MCAD.NET (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) certificates, more and more students and job hunter are rushing for bibles to IT certification testing. But they are frightened when facing so many study guides and practice exams. Because i have taken the MCAD.NET certification, i would also want to share my experiences with all of you. I think, the most importent thing to pass all MCAD.NET exams is to study lots of braindumps and test more! Just so, yo...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

Outlook and news server details...
Does anyone know where, on-line you can get the details that allow you to read these newsgroup messages in Outlook Express, rather than on the web? Like the "proper" group names and the likes... As always, thanks in advance to use Outlook Express (or any other news client) to read the Microsoft newsgroups, use msnews.microsoft.com as the server name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

MSFlexGrig and SQL Query
How can i load dates in a MSFlexGrid Object whit a SQL Query???? ...

80040e19 error occurring with 2nd NIC installed
I am experiencing the 80040e19 error when expanding public folders in Exchange System Manager, Exchange 2000. I have exhausted all suggested MS articles and *still* have not resolved the issue. No evidence of URLScan or iislockdown being run on the server. Strange thing is is that when I disable the newly installed NIC through device manager the public folders can be expanded perfectly. On enabling the NIC, same error. The server is the PDC, Exchange and Intranet server, running IIS on port 80 for local intranet site and the admin website on port 7715. I have checked the host head...

Optimizer on SQL 2005
I ran dbcc updateusage ('demodb'). I than ran dbcc show_statistics ('location', 'ix_phone'). The update date (statistics update date) remained old. Why? Why weren't statistics updated? BTW.. I have auto update statistics set to on. Thanks in advance DBCC UPDATEUSAGE doesn't update statistics. It only updates the info SQL Server keeps about number of rows, pages and such. To update statistics you use the UPDATE STATISTICS command. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blog...

Same account, multiple SMTP servers
I have a user that travels between two job sites and his home on a regular basis. He is using Outlook 2002 and is getting tired of having to change the outbound SMTP server all of the time. I have not been able to find any registry entries that record the SMTP server that would allow me to create some registry files he could click before starting Outlook. Is there any provision in Outlook for trying different servers in priority order until one works? Any other ideas for solving this problem? Thanks, Scott Why don't you just set up a different email account for each STMP account? &g...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

how to put in sql code
first of all many thanks to Klatuu who has already helped me a lot!! I create my SQl code by means of some string concatenation. I do this so i can use the values of my field to create my SQl code. The problem is that some of these fields are double-populated eg. field location contains England and Brazil. My string creates "IIf([Table]![Location]" & [Location] & ",'OK', 'problem')" how can i populated the field location so that it is SQl-code? as =(Brazil or England) does not work as =Brazil or = England do...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

DOS..BAT VB Progamming problem
I have a program that prints to the screen. From a DOS window, or with a BAT file I can redirect the data to a file via the following command "Path Arg1 Arg2 >Filename. But, when I execute the BAT file from a VB program, using either Shell or FollowHyperlink, the output file is created or recreated but remains empty. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TomD Tom, The example below is an example of a technique that might work for you. In the example, I use the Exec method of the WScript.Shell object to capture the output of a program that would typically print to ...

What is best way to migrate 15 users in a remote site from a local to a central server?
Hi, We have a mostly Windows (and Exchange) 2000 network, that is based upon Citrix. We have one site left where they use a local Exchange server, rather than the main one at the HQ. I need to migrate the users onto the centrally based server, and although there are only 15 or so users, the mailboxes can be up to 2 gig in size. We connect to the local site via an ASDL router, so such massive data going across the network is not really an option. I was thinking of egoing to the site, and using the Exmerge utility to save the mailboxes onto a DVD, and then restoring them from disk onto the cent...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Money2002 Setup Error
When I try to setup (windows98) I get the following: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." Here are the details: SETUP executed an invalid instruction in module ADVPACK.DLL at 015f:715f5858. Registers: EAX=0066cf04 CS=015f EIP=715f5858 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=0066d364 SS=0167 ESP=0066cdf4 EBP=0066d014 ECX=0066f8d0 DS=0167 ESI=00000348 FS=6017 EDX=0044003c ES=0167 EDI=0066d350 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: fe ff ff 50 ff 15 68 11 5f 71 56 8d 85 fc fe ff Stack dump: 00000080 bff77b14 71604004 00667000 0...

Uninstall/Re-install CRM for Outlook
After installing CRM for Outlook on a client computer (Win XP and Office 2003), CRM 1.2, Exchange 2003, Server 2003, I had a problem with a profile, which I deleted. From that time on, nothing worked, the CRM for Outlook would not work, I could not uninstall the CRM from Add/Remove Programs (I get this message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"). I can't re-install either as I am notified that the product is already installed. I can't remove folders (Microsoft CrM) as some files are in use... What to do? Could you please give ...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...