give the user the ability to enhance/modify a report

I have an vb.net 2008 winforms application that I have build which has some
reports (ms reports not crystal) included.

I assume that these reports are compiled into my application so when they
end user installs my application there is nothing they can do with them.

I want to be able to have the ability for the user to make some basic
changes to suit there needs. thinks like basic layout and changing the logo
and stuff like that.. maybe add a fields if thats an option..

What is the best way to do this... can I have the report file installed in a
way that allows the user to edit the file in some sort of report editing
tool (is there a standalone report editor for ms reports ???)

Thanks

0
AussieRules

multi user #3
is it possibe to be able to access a spreadsheet by multiple user and b able to change data in that sheet.eg like a booking form athat can b accessed by several different computer -- Lin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39354 Yes take a look at Tools>Share Workbook "Lins" wrote: > > is it possibe to be able to access a spreadsheet by multiple user and be > able to change da...

Max 5 Simultaneous Users of a Database?
In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a back end to enable simultaneous use. The front end is then distributed to each user "up to a maximum of five simultaneous users". This seems a very low maximum - probably not one that I can live with. Is it accurate? Any advice or suggestions in this regard? David Portwood wrote: > In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author > Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a >...

What is best way to migrate 15 users in a remote site from a local to a central server?
Hi, We have a mostly Windows (and Exchange) 2000 network, that is based upon Citrix. We have one site left where they use a local Exchange server, rather than the main one at the HQ. I need to migrate the users onto the centrally based server, and although there are only 15 or so users, the mailboxes can be up to 2 gig in size. We connect to the local site via an ASDL router, so such massive data going across the network is not really an option. I was thinking of egoing to the site, and using the Exmerge utility to save the mailboxes onto a DVD, and then restoring them from disk onto the cent...

Hanging Money 2002
I am getting various problems with reports. The monthly reports don't show up after I click on one. I get a flash (dialog box?) that disappears and then no report. If I try to do a spending by category, it says.....loading.... and just hangs. I can go back, but don't get the report. Any ideas? Try to reset the customisations of that report by just selecting it and clicking on the Reset button at the bottom of the list reports page. >-----Original Message----- >I am getting various problems with reports. The monthly >reports don't show up after I click on one...

How to make a service start a process with some user under VISTA?
In vista, services are not allowed to interactive with user. So I want to create a service to launch specified process when a process with some user sends a request. The request could be implemented by using IPC, but I don't know how to make the service to determine which user to use to start a new process. In the other words, the service have no idea about user's access token. Is anyone has idea? WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId, WTSQuerySessionInformation. Warning: Only use the Unicode version of WTSQuerySessionInformation. If your application is running in ANSI mode then call W...

Reports as attachments
I am attempting to follow the instructions found at the following link: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/reportsasattachments.htm I am very stuck. The instructions don't seem to advise on how to send an email after a certain field on my form is updated. That's o.k., because I already know how to. I'm using this code to do it. SendTo = "myemail@mycompany.com" MySubject = "Updated Status Report" MyMessage = "A Project Status update has been provided for the following project: " & Me![Proj Name] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & "...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Report View
Is it possible to change the fields that display for Reports in My Workplace. For example: I would like to remove Report Type and Modified On from the view. Thank you, Donna ...

BUG? HQ Items Reports returning duplicate items
The HQ Items Master Quantity List and Items Master Price List reports are returning incorrect results. If an item is included in an assembly, that item is listed twice. If an item is included in seven assemblies, that item is listed eight times. I presume that the report is listing the item once and then repeating the entry for each assembly the item is part of. Each entry counts the full inventory, so your totals for cost, etc. are way off. Ideally, assembly items would not appear at all in either of these reports. At worst, a line item for the assembly ILC might appear but with a...

get the username of the logged on user
I am creating a windows service which is running under Localsystem account. How can i find out the username of the currently logged in user. GetUserName() function returns "SYSTEM". Even the GetTempPath() function returns the path of systems temp directory. And every access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key gives me wrong information as the current user in such case is .Default Can anyone please tell me a way to find out the name of the logged in windows user??? The service has to run in system context so i cant change it. Thanks in Advance... "Rohit Kumar" <Roh...

User Form to Replace Master & SubDocument
I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S crashes constantly). I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each one, but the order also constantly changes. What do suggest to be the best format to use in this case? I thought to use check boxes to select the manager, but not sure how to re-order the inserts. Thanks, MR We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have a userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the managers names with the other one being populat...

Unique report ID
I have a form that I use to log customer orders. What I need to do is creat a report of the orders and print it to obtain customer signature upon delivery. When I log in more orders and then print them I don't want the records that have already been printed to be printed again. Also for every group of records that gets printed I like to get a "manifest number" automaticaly assigned so that if I decide to reprint that manifest I can filter for that manifest number and print it. Is this doable?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See: Has the record been pr...

Great Plains, Report to Screen output defafult to maximum size
Have Great Plains the capability of having Report Screen Output to be defaulted to maximum instead of pressing the "maximize" button all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

On-Sale Items report
Does anyone have a report that will show me all products that are on sale? I would like one that would shows me items on sale, when the sale expires, gross markup for the sale, and # of sold on sale. If anyone could write that for me I would be willing to pay I'm not schooled enough to do it. If not I would settle for one that just shows me active sale items. You can get most of this information except for # of sold on sale by filtering the Item Value List Report for Sale Start Date is less than or equal to today period and the Sale End Date is equal or greater than today. &quo...

Outlook Personal Folders Backup Gives No Option or Location to Bac
I loaded Outlook Personal Folders Backup and when the dialog box comes up showing "Save Backup copies of these personal files: it shows (No files set for backup) - When I click on Options, everything is greyed-out except the reminder to backup. Same with File Location. Am I missing something? I don't find any others having this issue in this forum... -- DennisBailey Which mail account type are you using? Do you actually have pst-files connected to your mail profile? Do they show when you choose File-> Data File Management...? If your mail profile is damaged it...

associated reports not showing
We have a scenario where the reports are listed in the workplace section but for some reason are not showing within the associated entity. For example, when I go into the Accounts form, the reports icon with the Account Overview, Account Summary, and Products by Account do not show. Note however that these do show if I'm Iogged into the server where crm is installed. The users accessing these screens are both sysadmins. Help is appreciated. I found the answer. The user had the "Windows Integrated Security" option unselected in the Advanced Options on internet explorer. ...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

Supplier dicounts in purchase order and Supplier dicount report
Rms should have purchase order where supplier discount should posted by % and amount ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a932570b-3b77-467f-81d7-ab0e04a242c1&...

Report options like Excel's Pivot Table?
A user asked me if I could build him a database, but his reporting requests are beyond me. He wants to track a fleet of vehicles and log in how many miles they travel each day on certain routes. That's not a problem. But he wants to be able to generate reports that would tell him how many miles each vehicle travelled over a span of time by route, or how many vehicles travelled how many miles on each route by day, or by any other combination of vehicle(s) / route(s) / miles / time frame. My thought was Excel's pivot tables, where you can shuffle rows and columns and groups around to...

The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Technical Report for: Tuesday (September 29, 2009)
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty Daily Market Report for: Tuesday (September 29, 2009) (Based on the activity of the previous trading session) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty opened the October series on a weak note. It fell moderately on Friday (September 25, 2009) a net 27.60 points (0.55%) and closed at 4959 point level. The market opened down then turned up and continued so until 12:50 hours when it reached its day high at 4994 points. Then it fell and turned into a range bound movement until closing at the day. The market moved in a range of 63 points. Sentiment w...

A formula that reports sheet names
I am after a way to automatically report the name of a worksheet into a cell. Is there a way to do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi David, From: David McRitchie (dmcritchie@msn.com) Subject: Re: worksheet tab View: Complete Thread (14 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Date: 2002-12-31 06:51:28 PST =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) I found this using Google Excel newsgroup search. Hope this helps. Regards, Kevin "DavidObeid" <DavidObeid.y93ja@excelforum...

Report exported from Access to excel doesn't have all the info tr.
I've tried several different ways to export a report, if I do a text export it transfers all the data, but when I select excel it is cutting off some of the data. But the strange thing is there are cells that have more data and it transfers all of it, just not consistent. Any suggestions? ...

Reports 11-03-07
Hi all I took a lot of advice, my thanks to all!! Now I need to create production Reports. I have 2 Tables one for Production which stores the operation ID, The description, the Date, Employee Name, start time, End Time, Total Time, and quantity. The second Table is for production goals. It will store the totals, the fields are, Operation id, the catagory, employee name, perhour, perweek, permonth. not sure if I need more. Basicly this is how the data is placed. the operationid is 10,20,30,40 etc. the catagory is the description of the code, ie. 10 = Boxes Cleaned, 20 = Boxes Repaired and...

Saving Form as Report in ADP
Does anyone know how to save a Form as a Report in an Access ADP. Apparently this process is straightforward in an mdb as you right click on the form and save to report (the wizard does the rest). But this option is not present in my ADP version. Any thoughts? I don't use ADPs any more because it's just easier to use an MDB, even with SQL-Server. The best advice I can give you is to open an empty report in Design View and do the same for the form, Select all the controls on the form, copy them, and paste them onto the report. Not quite as clean or easy as right-click...