Get default event handler of a control.

Hello.

How can I get/set the default event handler of a specific control ? (Any
other event ?)
I need a generic solution (such as reflection for setting properties
values), please.

Thanks :)

0
Mr

Am 27.06.2010 23:17, schrieb Mr. X.:
> How can I get/set the default event handler of a specific control ? (Any
> other event ?)
> I need a generic solution (such as reflection for setting properties
> values), please.

What's the default event handler?

If you want to identify the default event, just check the list of events
for the event which is marked using the 'DefaultEvent' attribute.  This
can be done by reflection.

DefaultEventAttribute Class (System.ComponentModel)
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.componentmodel.defaulteventattribute.aspx>

--
  M S   Herfried K. Wagner
M V P  <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

Messages Getting Stuck In OUTBOX
I have a problem with OUTLOOK 2003 (WX Pro - SP) that is driving my friends nuts. sometimes when I have an outgoing message with an attachment on it, the message gets stuck in the OUTBOX and goes out repeatedly every time I send another message, thus causing multiple deliveries of the hung up message. It's been going on for some time and to resolve it I have to go in and manually delete the hung up message. I'd sue love to fix it! Do you have AV or firewall that scans incoming/outgoing email? If yes, disable it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

Re : Excel Events Triggered by the Forward and Back Buttons
Re : Excel Events Triggered by the Forward and Back Buttons 1. Enter an Excel workbook. 2. Refer to the Forward and Back buttons located on the command bars. 3. When the given buttons turn clickable and hence activated, there are apparently certain events being triggered thereof. 4. However, there remains indeterminate where, when and how (the culmination of prevalent conditions that would be required) to trigger the events (as noted). 5. Please share your comments. 6. Regards. ...

Why is it so hard to get support?
On the "customersource" website, I am trying to email in a new customer support request. What a piece of junk. I get to this "SELECT PAYMENT" screen asking to pick one of the following: O Professional Support License/Contract Professional (5-pack),Open License Value (OLV), and other contracts (Access ID required) O Software Assurance License: for servers only (Software Assurance Access ID required) WHAT THE HE|| IS THAT? No explanations, no way to get more info to know what to pick. So the only thing I can pick since RMS is not a 'SERVER'...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server 2003 #2
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the ...

"unable to open your default email folder"
After a successful install (and reinstall) of Office XP, and attempt to open Outlook, I get the message "unable to open your default email folder Could not open the item. Try again" I click OK. Next message is "do you want open your default file system folder instead" I click OK and get a screen with the title bar of Microsoft Office and all the menues but with a window showing "my computer" and all the drives etc. Under Tools the Option button is grayed out so the suggestions I have read so far I am not able to access. I tried copying my Office 2002 pst file ...

DL getting bounced
Hi All, I'm new to the whole exchange thing, so I'm assuming that I'm missing something rather easy, but I've been working this for a couple of days now to no avail. I have a distribution list that is full of smtp contacts that mailboxes are with our isp. When i send to that dl i get an error message that the isp mailserver could not find the address: dlname@myorg.pri Now if I send to the people individually it works fine. I have the isp setup as a smarthost. The actual error is below: <Services@my-org.pri>: Sorry, I couldn't find any host named my-org.pri. (#...

getting list of aliases on Exchange 2007
Hey! One (i think) simple question - how do I get a list of alle the email aliases on and exchange box? - FYI I have the all-in-one-box solution with exchange I can do the get-user cmdlet and get a list of users (by the way - why can't I use the get-mailuser??? It doesn't return ANYTHING - it just goes "plop" and returns to the prompt - why??) But how do a get a list of aliases for a peticular user? I figured that I could do the "pipe" thing between to to functions... Any thoughts?? I need the list (that is going to be loaded into a database) for a custom webpa...

I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook?
I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get rid of? Shazza wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:33 > I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So > ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does > any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get > rid of? 1- try to check your ad-dons may be one of th...

How do I get rid of #N/A
I have 4 worksheets in a workbook...2 of the worksheets almost mirro each other. I am using VLOOKUP to populate fields in another worksheet...when nothing is enter...I get #N/A. I can get rid of this by using...example =IF(B4="N/A","",B4) within a worksheet but cannot from another worksheet within the workbook....HELP You should use the designed arror functions. In this case ISNA. It is used thus... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(Blah,Blah,Blah)),"",VLOOKUP(Blah,Blah,Blah)) ISNA only traps the #N/A ISERR traps all, EXCEPT #N/A ISERROR traps everything -- HTH Nick Hodge...

Responding to Keypress event on a sheet
I want code to respond to the keypress event on a worksheet. How can i do that?? Actually i need a code that runs a predefined when some key is pressed while the sheet is active. In particular, i want to disable the enter key (ie. the selection of cell should not shift to the next cell) and then it should run a macro. Thanks in advance. See the reply to your similar post on 02 March, with subject "To disable pressing of Enter key on a sheet" Regards, Peter T "Subodh" <getsubodh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2bc40d21-eb6d-4f93-bf44-c079d025306a@...

Tab control questions
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When using a tab control: 1) Does it wrap automatically so that the tabs are more than one layer deep if additional tabs are inserted? 2) Is there a way to control when the tabs wrap to a second row or where the break will occur or is this just automatic (i.e. whenever it runs out of room)? 3) I'm sure I won't get anywhere near it, but what is the limit on the number of tabs? Thanks in advance. On Dec 17, 10:45 am, XP <X...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > > When using a tab control: > ...

about access Control List(ACL)
Hi! I just want to make sure that my understanding about ACL is correct Assume that you have a directory and a file. As I understand this a directory or file can only be connected to one ACL but you can have many Access Control Entries in this ACL. //Tony On 19-04-2010 12:33, Tony Johansson wrote: > I just want to make sure that my understanding about ACL is correct > Assume that you have a directory and a file. > As I understand this a directory or file can only be connected to one ACL > but you can have many Access Control Entries in this ACL. As I read:...

There is no object in this control
My Access 2003 application was working for years. I then received "There is no object in this control" when I opened one of my forms. The form references a control in mscomctl.ocx. The control that it did not like was the TreeView control. I tried to re-insert control in the form and got the error "The OLE Server isn't registered". After re-registering MSCOMCTL.OCX (originally getting a 0x8002801c error but corrected that error after installing Vista SP2), I still get "There is no object in this control" when I open the same form. I followed...

How to get a ChartTitle formula
Hi, With an object ChartTitle, one can assign to the property Text a reference to a cell: ChartTitle.Text = "=Sheet1!$C$3" What I would like to know is if there is a way to read this reference from the object ChartTitle, because all I can see is the result of the formula and not the formula itself. Thanks, DaH ...

Exporting excel charts with form controls (spinner) to Powerpoint
I have created an excel chart with a spinner which allows me to look at the sensitivity of a series of variables. I want to export this chart and the spinner capabilty to a power point presentation so that I can use the spinners to demonstrate the sensitivity of the variables to my audience. How do I do this? -- Mike B You would have to export the entire chart and its workbook into PowerPoint. Make it smaller by putting just the chart data and the chart into a new workbook, copy the new chart, and paste it into PowerPoint. Then to use the spinner, you have to activate the Excel object...

Getting Info From Registry VBA
Can any advise me what VBA code I use to extract contents of the following registry key? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\InstallPath PWS I have a module file that wraps up all the messy Windows API code into nice neat and easy to use VBA functions. Download, unzip, and import http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/modRegistry.zip. This will create a module in your project named modRegistry. It has functions for reading and writing registry keys and values as well as a number of support functions. The specific function you want to use is RegistryGetValue which...

Issues with OWA after restore of a Domain Controller
We had an issue with our Primary (and only) Domain Controller this past week that essentially involved a complete restore from backup. Since this restore we have experienced a number of issues with OWA that we had corrected months prior to the Domain Controller going down. Our Exchange 2003 SP1 server is a separate server, and was essentially left unchanged while we restored the DC. The issues all appear to revolve around user authentication in OWA. Since the restore our users now need to enter the domain in addition to their username and password. Prior to our DC being restored, t...

Setting Outlook as Default Mail Client
I get a message every time I open Outlook that tells me to run Outlook and set it as Default Mail Client. It is currently set as the Default, but I still get this message. I have followed all the instructions and it shows as the default. This message box even pops up every time I turn on my computer telling me there is no default mail client assigned. Any ideas? Scott Go into Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab and set the mail client to Outlook Express. Select apply and then change it back to Microsoft Outlook. That might be enough to force a rewrite ...

Events in Access
Is there a list some where that explains all of the events you can use on a form and what they are for? Example, After Update, On Enter, Got Focus, Etc. The Access help file does provide some info on this, but there are so many events to look up that it's confusing to know where to start. First thing to notice is that not only do the controls have events, but the form has events in its properties as well. The form events are the ones to learn first. The BeforeUpdate event of the form is the most useful. Access fires that just before the record gets saved, so it is the one to use t...

Store Operations POS
I have a customer who wants the sales screen to default to workorder immediately upon entering the POS? How do you set this up? Thanks Dave Dave, Create a InitializeTransaction Hook to change the transaction type to workorder. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to do that. Rob <dwilson@adctech.com> wrote in message news:1132269569.202569.274050@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a customer who wants the sales screen to default to workorder > immediately upon entering the POS? > > How do you set this up? > > Thanks > Dave > ...

All day event alarm
I know this must be posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. Is there a way to set the time for the alarms in all day events so that they do not go off at 6AM, or should I just turn off the alarm for all all day events? Thanks GeraldF <me@somewhere.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set the time for the alarms in all day > events so that they do not go off at 6AM, or should I > just turn off the alarm for all all day events? If you have reminders set, all-day events always have 18 hour reminders. That's hard-coded into Outlook. I usually turn off reminders for all-day ...

Passing bitmap to an ActiveX control!
Hi All, I am creating an ActiveX control in Visual C++ for Windows CE that works as a button but displays different images in different states (up, down, focus, disabled). We should be able to enter the images through the controls' properties. Unfortunately, windows CE does not support the CPictureHolder class. Hence, I need a way to pass it a handle to a bitmap from my container application. Wherever I place this ActiveX, I should be able to type the resource ID of the bitmap (hopefully as a string so I can enter the bitmap's name) into a property for the ActiveX and the ActiveX sh...

Locking all controls on a form
Is there a way to write a code to lock all controls on a form when it is first loaded? I usually add the word "lock" in the tag property of all the controls that I want to lock. Then use code like: Public Sub FormLock(frmForm as Form, booLock as Boolean) Dim ctrl as Control For Each ctrl in frmForm If ctrl.Tag = "lock" Then ctrl.Locked = booLock End If Next End Sub You can then call this function from the On Open event of your form like FormLock Me , True -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ayo" wrote: > Is the...

Sum DCOUNT Calculated Control
Hi Folks - I am using DCOUNT like this: =DCount("disp1","qrycombinedispositions","disp=qrycombinedispositions.disp1") I am counting the number of different dispositions based on a control in the report. It works fine. I'd like to sum the individual counts into a grand total. I realize you cannot sum a calculated control. I've tried the workaround of using another text box control that sets the control source to the calculated control name and uses the running sum property. No luck. The name of the dcount calculated control is txtCountDisposition. T...

how do i get my personal folders from yahoo to outlook?
i am trying to get my personal folders from my sbc yahoo acct. to my microsoft oulook and also leave a copy of the folders on my yahoo acct. jkelik wrote: > i am trying to get my personal folders from my sbc yahoo acct. to my > microsoft oulook and also leave a copy of the folders on my yahoo > acct. You'll have to ask Yahoo what export formats they support....... i went to yahoo,right clicked on one of the folders itself it gave me an option to send to microsoft excel i did that but now i cant get it from excel to outlook. "Gordon" wrote: > jkelik wrote: &...